Can pregnant women take the cymbalta?
    alan1 is offline New Member

Default Can pregnant women take the cymbalta?

Can pregnant women take the cymbalta medication, does this medication have any incidences of causing birth defects?

zippysgoddess is offline Advanced Member

Treatment of Pregnant Women During the Third Trimester Neonates exposed to SSRIs or SNRIs, late in the third trimester have developed complications requiring prolonged hospitalization, respiratory support, and tube feeding (see PRECAUTIONS). When treating pregnant women with Cymbalta during the third trimester, the physician should carefully consider the potential risks and benefits of treatment. The physician may consider tapering Cymbalta in the third trimester.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-10-2018 at 11:39 PM.

tina_b is offline New Member

According to my information the cymbalta antidepressant has been categorized by the FDA in the category C. this means that unborn babies who are exposed to the said medication during the third trimester of pregnancy may develop medical complications. So ideally it would be a prudent act to discuss the pros and cons of this medication with the health experts before it is considered to be administered in pregnant women or in women who might have the chances of developing pregnancy.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-10-2018 at 11:39 PM.