Has anyone used this for a cough and does it work[:I]

May God Bless Us All
    Mazie

Mazie02062 is offline New Member

sorry it is Dextromethorphan

May God Bless Us All
    Mazie

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Yes it does help, it is the active ingredient in many common OTC cough meds, like Robitussin, Sucrets, or Vicks 44.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

christiekuuf is offline New Member

I found an interesting article on Dextromethorphan that you might want to read. http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/05/06/01/drugs.htm

It's really hard to believe that kids will abuse cough medicine.

Dregreg is offline New Member

um im not sure but it does get you really ****ed up if u take more then the recommended dose

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

How utterly charming.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

Painful_Fate is offline Member

<center>I'm going to give you a fair-warning, only because I don't want you to die. By asking if DXM (Dextromethorphan) is a good medication for a cough I'm assuming was more geared toward it's effects at higher doses. Many believe that DXM is somehow related to the chemical make-up of an opiate but that's completely untrue. DMX, at three times it's recommended dose, can cause what's called: "Robo-Tripping." Robo is short for Robitussin (a name-brand OTC cough suppresant). It can cause hallucinations, a sensation of well-being (not euphoria) and other acid-like effects. It can also lead to an almost INSTANT coma and death. If you do a Google search on Dextromethorphan, you'll get the idea on just how dangerous this chemical is.

All in all, it's a great medicine for a nasty cough and that is where it should stay. If you're looking to dive into taking this medicine for it's high-dose effects, then you're definitely looking for trouble. From me to you, please DO NOT take more then what is recommended to relieve you of a cough.

May God be with you! </center>

<center>Painful_Fate</center>

<center>Unhappily In Pain For Over Five Years!</center>

carbin is offline New Member

**** you painful fate how much you take is a important factor stages are with dxm which is a dissociative meaning in some standards the dose can effect these stages you hear about people dying from dxm from their own stupidity honestly going over 1000mg is trouble 500mg is safe and happy time realy beaware you commonly die ONLY if you dont go over the ****ing 1000mg limit chemical relation matters very little for example cocaine and Amphetamine are so very closley related but in various ways totaly different you need to stop lisening to some cheap makeshift **** the truth is any drug may i repeat ANY drug is safe under the use of a aware person
    i know a person who did 1300mg yes his brain is messed up and he knows he was stupid he still held nothing against dxm he was fully aware of his mistakes now any who make sure dxm is the only active ingrediant make sure you have not taking ssri's or maoi's

shredded20 is offline Junior Member

i've heard good things about DXM for controlling cough and/or colds. However I do know that in high doses it can be pretty harmful. I've tripped on Triple C (Coricidin Cough and Cold) about 25 times. FYI CCC is the most potent sOTC source of DXM because it also contains acetaminophen and chlorophyll maleate, a pain releiver and a antihistamine. I've taken as many as 48 pills at one time, and washed them down with a 10 oz bottle pof Vicks 44 cough. By mixing cough and cold medicines I've ended up in the ER 7 times. Although I've never died from it the chemical compound of the drug has my respect. Its been about 6 months since I've used the drug and still to this day I can hear a faint ringing in my ear when its quiet. The drug really does fry your brain cells. So anyone thinkin about gettin high with it....don't, there are safer ways to do that.

sir_scutter is offline New Member

The CCC Train - videos of my friends tripping on CCC, funniest stuff ever

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sirscutter