Failed new hire physical for prescribed pain meds!
    Skiser23 is offline New Member

Question Failed new hire physical for prescribed pain meds!

I had no other health issues and was at the end of my physical for my new job until the dr looked in my prescription records that my family dr prescibed me. He said he needed to see further documentation as to way I was taking so much oxycodone before he would even consider passing me, even though I had no issues. He was going by the number of meds and decided I was an addict. Is he allowed to access past prescriptions he didn't write and can he fail me for his opinion that I'm not fit even though vitals, vision, etc check out fine? I understand if he was writing a perscription for me and he needed to know I didn't just get it at another doctors office but how is obtaining that info that pertinent to determining if I'm fit. Even if I take to much on paper how can he deny me for following my physicians orders? I have a family and need this job. Someone PLEASE give me knowledgable info!

fuwalmart is offline New Member

There's got to be someone to report this issue to. That's ridiculous

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Skiser,

Somewhere in the job application process and paperwork, you have consented to the company's physical prior to employment. That's where he got your permission.

He has every right to find out why you're taking oxycodone. This certainly could affect your job performance, either in your physical limitations, mental clarity or emotional stability. If you are taking such a powerful drug, that indicates that you are in serious pain - and your employer has every reason to want to know that. If they are going to hire you for a job, they want to be sure that pain is not a concern.

Clearly, if a prospective employee is taking "so much oxycodone" it is not accurate to say that you have no other health issues.

Did he actually say that you are an "addict" - or is that what you surmised?

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

adalinaabella is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ARTIST658 View Post
    Skiser,

Somewhere in the job application process and paperwork, you have consented to the company's physical prior to employment. That's where he got your permission.

He has every right to find out why you're taking oxycodone. This certainly could affect your job performance, either in your physical limitations, mental clarity or emotional stability. If you are taking such a powerful drug, that indicates that you are in serious pain - and your employer has every reason to want to know that. If they are going to hire you for a job, they want to be sure that pain is not a concern.

Clearly, if a prospective employee is taking "so much oxycodone" it is not accurate to say that you have no other health issues.

Did he actually say that you are an "addict" - or is that what you surmised?

Exactly, I agree.

If you are seriously addicted then first made a cure and then talk to them to remove what they prescribed in the paper. It's really embarrassing to read your whole story. I think this is the only solution on which you can works and if still you are getting problem then consult with a senior they will assist you better.

I hope everything will be fine..

Thanks!
    multifarmas