Results 1 to 14 of 14
genaric oxycontin
  1. #1
    kcollin4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    17

    Default genaric oxycontin

    went and got a script filled monday for oxycontin 80mg they filled them with genarics from teva pharm.looked all over the net couldnt find anything on genarics.i dont like them as well as brand and their not that much cheaper has anybody else seen them or taken them.

  2. #2
    oxyjunkie is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by kcollin4

    went and got a script filled monday for oxycontin 80mg they filled them with genarics from teva pharm.looked all over the net couldnt find anything on genarics.i dont like them as well as brand and their not that much cheaper has anybody else seen them or taken them.
    Christine Dean

  3. #3
    J-boy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    5

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by kcollin4

    went and got a script filled monday for oxycontin 80mg they filled them with genarics from teva pharm.looked all over the net couldnt find anything on genarics.i dont like them as well as brand and their not that much cheaper has anybody else seen them or taken them.

  4. #4
    J-boy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    5

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by J-boy

    quote:Originally posted by kcollin4

    went and got a script filled monday for oxycontin 80mg they filled them with genarics from teva pharm.looked all over the net couldnt find anything on genarics.i dont like them as well as brand and their not that much cheaper has anybody else seen them or taken them.
    I use to take oxycontin 80mg for a 2 years and as far as I know there is no genaric brand? And they are not cheap at all infact they are very exspensive!

  5. #5
    kit_kat is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Hey. I've taken exactly what you got filled and totally agree with you that they are not as good. Green oval shaped pills with 93 on one side and I forgot what's on the other, right? Although, they are not as good, I sure do wish I had a couple right now!

  6. #6
    mikemike is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1

    Default

    They're a new generic from TEVA pharm. It's an Oxy 80, but with a new anti-abuse compound so when the pill is chewed it releases a gumming agent and forms a sort of gel, regardless how long it's chewed and swallowed you'll get the same results. Kudos to TEVA, I see this is a step forward for everyone, now the drug can be used for it's intended purpose, since those wont be able to achieve euphoric effects...unless of course they take a number of whole pills which would be a sure fire way to halt your respiration.

  7. #7
    sfc420 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Excuse my language but **** oxycontin.... probably the worst thing that I ever involved myself in - even though I no longer am addicted to it (dropped it cold turkey, it hurt like hell) it drained my money, ruined my friendships and left me in more powerful withdrawal symptoms that anything I've ever done (granted ive never smoked crystal or shot >>>>>>) one thing I do know is that after using it on a regular basis, you get physically dependent and if you dont take it you have horrid side effects including cold sweats and torturous insomnia. if i were you id take those generic oxycontins, go back to your doc and tell him they were too strong. percocets have the same pain relieving ingredient with aspirin so it has a much smaller dependence chance. Good luck!

  8. #8
    crony419 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Yes, people in my pain group have mentioned this same thing. they have 93 on one side and a 33 on the other, blue, ovular. You can ask your doctor to mark the prescription box at the bottom which says name brand only. This will keep them from filling it with generic, at least that's how it is in NY. IF you ask the doctor to do that though, he might ask why, and then assume you are abusing. He might have no problem with that though. If he does though, and the pharmacy doesn't have the name brand oxy, then they can't fill it with generics because the prescription has been marked name brand only. hope this is of some help to you. I think they came out with generics just to take some of the heat of the name brand because of its abuse potential.

  9. #9
    redpepper is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by sfc420

    Excuse my language but **** oxycontin.... probably the worst thing that I ever involved myself in - even though I no longer am addicted to it (dropped it cold turkey, it hurt like hell) it drained my money, ruined my friendships and left me in more powerful withdrawal symptoms that anything I've ever done (granted ive never smoked crystal or shot >>>>>>) one thing I do know is that after using it on a regular basis, you get physically dependent and if you dont take it you have horrid side effects including cold sweats and torturous insomnia. if i were you id take those generic oxycontins, go back to your doc and tell him they were too strong. percocets have the same pain relieving ingredient with aspirin so it has a much smaller dependence chance. Good luck!

  10. #10
    StevenDD is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    10

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by redpepper

    quote:Originally posted by sfc420

    Excuse my language but **** oxycontin.... probably the worst thing that I ever involved myself in - even though I no longer am addicted to it (dropped it cold turkey, it hurt like hell) it drained my money, ruined my friendships and left me in more powerful withdrawal symptoms that anything I've ever done (granted ive never smoked crystal or shot >>>>>>) one thing I do know is that after using it on a regular basis, you get physically dependent and if you dont take it you have horrid side effects including cold sweats and torturous insomnia. if i were you id take those generic oxycontins, go back to your doc and tell him they were too strong. percocets have the same pain relieving ingredient with aspirin so it has a much smaller dependence chance. Good luck!
    HEY! YOU`VE GOT THAT RIGHT. I HAD THE SAME TERRIBLE KIND OF EXPERIENCE AND MORE FROM TAKING OXY NAME BRAND FOR 3 YEARS.Other meds did not act right with it and it would kill me to remove a med,plus it kept me angry, plus lack of sleep and l got where l was afraid to be around anyone for fear of saying something that l thought was normal and ok, instead it was offensive most of the time. l hated it so much l did not want to wean off of it over time.l just wanted it out of me so l did it the hard way and l owe my life to Jesus, because l almost died. lt was a stupid mistake and it put me in the hospital for several weeks. l`ve never experienced any drug that mean and at times it seemed to make my pain worse. l`ve been off of it 13 months now and l`m just now getting my emotions sorted out. This med should only be given to people who are terminally ill and in real bad shape . l`m doing great with Durgesic patches now.

    SD

  11. #11
    caseyn08 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9

    Default

    well im just wondering something, if it gels up for u not to abuse it by snorting it, u could still chew it up and swallow it and get it all at once right? or does it still stay timed realase sorry if this is old i just searched up google the generacs i got and it showed they was anti abuse and this is wat came up.

  12. #12
    mpvt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    It stays in time release.The abusing days of Oxycontin are coming to an end.Party is over and it's time to straighten up or at least use the opiates as they were intended.Good luck everyone.....Dave

  13. #13
    caseyn08 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9

    Default

    wow but i only got 20 mgs of those and 10/325 perkacet so i could easily abuse the breakthrough alot easier than the oxycontin, and i got a supply b/c i had to try all the er's methadone, ms contin well the cheap ones, i got 40 30mg morphines and 85 10mgs methadones, but im really aleerrgic to them but if i got high on em who would care about sweats? there is still alot of these that dont have this done so they gots a long ways togo at least i dont have to hide my pills when my freinds come over bc i told them about the anti abuse lol

  14. #14
    caseyn08 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9

    Default

    o wow i had 3 out of 4 of the serious side effects i guess i got to get rid of the methadone, chest pain, slowed breathing irregulalr heatbeat confusion and lightheadedness. wow i guess i shoulda never took those. well i got a prescription for em.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22