Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Generic Duragesic patch
    Paulie42652 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by moodstar53

quote:Originally posted by rebmafaith

Moonstar reminds me of Warren Beatty in the song, "You're so vain. You probably think this song is about you." If you'll refer back to my initial post, I never even mentioned Moonstar's name. I think she's getting even more paranoid as time wears on.

Anywho, back to the topic at hand. I've been on a wide variety of narcotic pain meds for 5 years now because of Fibromyalgia and osteoorthritis. I had a "high tibial osteotomy" on my right knee because of advanced arthritis, but at 34 I was too young for a knee replacement. If any of you are ever offered the chance to get an osteotomy, run the other way!!!! What they did was cut the tibia bone in half right below the knee, then cut a 13-degree chip out of it and clamped it back together. The premise being that they've now shifted your weight from the bad part of the knee to the good part. One of the major problems I had was that the doctor told me and my employer I would be recovered in 6-8 weeks, which was ridiculous. My new knee surgeon tells his patients recovery will be 6-12 MONTHS! I couldn't even drive for 5 months after the surgery. And I've never been in so much pain. Not to mention my leg is deformed now. Plus, the surgeon left the clamp still attached to the bone and it was huge and caused a bunch of other problems. Which necessitated yet another surgery to have it removed by another surgeon. The knee did better for about 6 months after the 3rd surgery, but now the pain is back.

As for getting my doctor to prescribe the Actiq suckers for break-through pain, I didn't do anything but complain that the patches weren't handling the pain, especially at night. So she offered the suckers. This pain clinic enjoys throwing meds my way, which is why I'm checking out a new pain clinic next month. My goal is and always has been to get off of the drugs. They cause their own host of problems.

Anyway, I was never a clock watcher until this summer. Due to a number of reasons, I've been having a really bad Fibro flare-up since May. I'm allowed six suckers a day, and I ration them out like bits of gold. Now that I'm back on the patch and increasing the dosage, my doctor is threatening to cut me down to 4 suckers/day. Therefore, I've been avoiding her like the plague. [}] I'll dodge her until she says, "No more meds until you come in for a visit."

I'm wondering how you got your doctor to prescribe Percocet along with the patch? I would love it if I could use Vicodin in conjunction with the patch. Vicodin is my best friend, and I miss her. I have the best naps on Vicodin. Sleep like a baby! [|)] I'd be interested in hearing from anyone on what, if anything, they take in conjunction with the patch for breakthrough pain.

Oh, and I've asked my doctor to prescribe me the Duragesic patch again so I can get some more Bioclusives. I've tried a wide variety of medical tapes to keep this patch on, and none work. Since they're so expensive, I think it'll be best if I go back to Duragesic for a month, get the patches, then switch back to generic. Oh, why oh why do we have to play these games?

Can someone e-mail me a link to the Yahoo site? REBMAFAITH@aol.com Thanks!

FIBROMYALGIA SUCKS
    No dear, I'm not paranoid, my mind is very clear. Remember, I'm not on the patch and never has been. But, all of you are on a mind-altering drug,so who do you think might be a little paranoid? No, you didn't mention "moodstar", but you did make a reference to the person who said "all of you deserve to be in pain" (the evil lady - that would be me. It amazes me that you never mentioned anything about what my initial post stated. The way that I found this site was by accident when I was looking for info on Duragesic - THE DRUG THAT CAUSED THE DEATH OF MY FATHER. I think you're vain, because unlike a few others early on, you never said anything like "I'm sorry for your loss". You only scanned through and picked one sentence ("You all deserve to be . . .") and you ran with that. I stated ealier that it's all about you, the people who are suffering pain, you really don't think about the many, many people who have been hurt by this drug. Just think back for a minute how you felt when you said it mad you very sick--that's what I'm talking about. Who's vain??? I think we know the answer to that question.
    I DO NOT EVEN CARE IF I GET BOOTED FOR THIS...Noteven

MOODSTAR EAT **** AND DIE

RONNIE LECKOW is offline Junior Member

It has amazed me from the first...why you feel all of us...total strangers to you...have to console you on your father's death. But...considering your attitude, I can easily understand that you probally have no real friends to supply this service. You say you want to be rid of us...leave. Cancel the email notification and leave.
    I'm not going to offer you condolances...'cause frankly...I don't give a sh*t how you feel. Your poor father probally died to get away from you! Mind altering drugs...if that were so...you should be the first one in line , 'cause if ever a mind needed altering...it's yours.

dstaley is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by RONNIE LECKOW

It has amazed me from the first...why you feel all of us...total strangers to you...have to console you on your father's death. But...considering your attitude, I can easily understand that you probally have no real friends to supply this service. You say you want to be rid of us...leave. Cancel the email notification and leave.
    I'm not going to offer you condolances...'cause frankly...I don't give a sh*t how you feel. Your poor father probally died to get away from you! Mind altering drugs...if that were so...you should be the first one in line , 'cause if ever a mind needed altering...it's yours.
    Ronnie, your such a riot!! I know your upset, as are a few others, but I can't wait to meet you for dinner. It's going to be great meeting you in person. But your right; cancel the email notifications and leave. Not a major project. And as far as anyone thinking that I'm David Koresh is way too funny for me to imagine. This place is a support area for people on a certain medication. That's all. It's not a place that should be taken so seriously, do you think? I mean .... there is serious problems here needing support and that's what we do. Help each other.

Heck, I just posted support for someone withdrawing from Methadone! I've never taken it, and don't know what she's going through, but I sure wouldn't post that she deserved what she's going through, or to expect her to give me support because a family member had died from it. No, people come here for support and help. Leader of the group!!! Ok, as "self proclaimed leader of the group" (since MY posts are apparently the only one's in this forum or something. And *I'm* the one on drugs .....) I hereby announce that today; my 51st birthday ... shall be forever declared a holiday and no one has to do any work on this day. So shall it be written, so shall it be done! Now, do we see who's the one that's tripping here? The one that declares someone as David Koresh and the leader of the Kool-Aid servings .... or the one that makes fun of it by declaring a holiday?

I'm not going to address her anymore because she just doesn't exist, but I sure can laugh at her entertaining posts! That's what I said in an earlier post, her posts just get funnier and funnier as she try's to defend herself. David Koresh, the rest of the world is paranoid and not her, you all are in pain and have something in common by being prescribed the same medication ..... but comfort me and take heed because my father died from it. It's really funny if you all would stop getting so mad at her, taking her so seriously, and feeding her need for confrontation which is why she monitors us for the mere mention of her name or a vague reference to her. But in the proper support group she could hopefully find the closure and comfort that she needs.

She's crying for support and acceptance ... or maybe she just get's off on waiting for someone to refer to her so she can butt in and start trouble. Either way it's sad and funny at the same time in a very warped way. As the "leader (grade school yard talk here) of this group" let's just go ahead and play ball in our corner of the schoolyard and just igore her. Maybe she'll go away and play with someone else.

How can you guys take someone like this so seriously? She takes herself serious enough for all of us.

Don't worry about deleting posts, leave them for everyone to look back on as how a small part of the world looks at disabled people. It can be a legacy in a way. Stop the email notification so there won't be a need to butt in where you can't provide constructive help, and move on with life! This is all just pixels on a screen ....... not a real life. And there are a few of us here that can tell you for real that Druagesic and alcohol isn't always such a deadly combination. Many people here are taking some very serious medications along with their Duragesic patches.

Blessings to everyone for your NEW holiday!
    Dennis
    Hey, I'm David Koresh the "self proclaimed leader", so everyone can bow down now! How can you take her serious with statements like that???? Come on people ....

-----------------------------
    There are obviously two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live.
    -- James Truslow Adams

TimRobo is offline New Member

[/quote]

I'm praying for you, I wonder if someone will call you "evil" after a statement like this. If I wanted to die, the best way would be to chew one of those fentanyl patches and chase it with alcohol, like so many unsuspecting fools have done.
    [/quote]

If you'll give me your address, I'll mail you a patch. I'm sure someone there will buy you a beer!

And so it is with any narcotic of this strength. Your cause is lost deeply in your guilt. May the Lord lift the guilt you feel over your father's death from you so you can live again.

moodstar53 is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by TimRobo

And so it is with any narcotic of this strength. Your cause is lost deeply in your guilt. May the Lord lift the guilt you feel over your father's death from you so you can live again.
    No, it's not guilt. That's where my consolation comes from, how I sacrificed and took good care of him until the end. It's known as ACCOUNTABILITY on the doctor's part. My family and I took good care of my dad for years, kept him in his home, unlike people like you, who don't care about anybody except yourselves, you wouldn't think twice about dumping an elderly parent into a nursing home now, would you??

moodstar53 is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by dstaley

Same here, I don't give a flying flip about you either, frankly more and more I'm starting to believe a lot of you are abusers anyway, or you would talk more about your pain instead of me. I don't need condolences from any of you, and my father died because some negligent doctor prescribed something he should not have. This doctor will either have his license revoked in this state, or some other restrictions. QUESTION: WHY DIDN'T ALL OF YOU JUST KEEP POSTING ON THE PRIVATE SITE? I GUESS IT WAS TOO BORING THERE, WALLOWING AND WHINING IN YOUR SELF PITY.

Ronnie, your such a riot!! I know your upset, as are a few others, but I can't wait to meet you for dinner. It's going to be great meeting you in person. But your right; cancel the email notifications and leave. Not a major project. And as far as anyone thinking that I'm David Koresh is way too funny for me to imagine. This place is a support area for people on a certain medication. That's all. It's not a place that should be taken so seriously, do you think? I mean .... there is serious problems here needing support and that's what we do. Help each other.

Heck, I just posted support for someone withdrawing from Methadone! I've never taken it, and don't know what she's going through, but I sure wouldn't post that she deserved what she's going through, or to expect her to give me support because a family member had died from it. No, people come here for support and help. Leader of the group!!! Ok, as "self proclaimed leader of the group" (since MY posts are apparently the only one's in this forum or something. And *I'm* the one on drugs .....) I hereby announce that today; my 51st birthday ... shall be forever declared a holiday and no one has to do any work on this day. So shall it be written, so shall it be done! Now, do we see who's the one that's tripping here? The one that declares someone as David Koresh and the leader of the Kool-Aid servings .... or the one that makes fun of it by declaring a holiday?

I'm not going to address her anymore because she just doesn't exist, but I sure can laugh at her entertaining posts! That's what I said in an earlier post, her posts just get funnier and funnier as she try's to defend herself. David Koresh, the rest of the world is paranoid and not her, you all are in pain and have something in common by being prescribed the same medication ..... but comfort me and take heed because my father died from it. It's really funny if you all would stop getting so mad at her, taking her so seriously, and feeding her need for confrontation which is why she monitors us for the mere mention of her name or a vague reference to her. But in the proper support group she could hopefully find the closure and comfort that she needs.

She's crying for support and acceptance ... or maybe she just get's off on waiting for someone to refer to her so she can butt in and start trouble. Either way it's sad and funny at the same time in a very warped way. As the "leader (grade school yard talk here) of this group" let's just go ahead and play ball in our corner of the schoolyard and just igore her. Maybe she'll go away and play with someone else.

How can you guys take someone like this so seriously? She takes herself serious enough for all of us.

Don't worry about deleting posts, leave them for everyone to look back on as how a small part of the world looks at disabled people. It can be a legacy in a way. Stop the email notification so there won't be a need to butt in where you can't provide constructive help, and move on with life! This is all just pixels on a screen ....... not a real life. And there are a few of us here that can tell you for real that Druagesic and alcohol isn't always such a deadly combination. Many people here are taking some very serious medications along with their Duragesic patches.

Blessings to everyone for your NEW holiday!
    Dennis
    Hey, I'm David Koresh the "self proclaimed leader", so everyone can bow down now! How can you take her serious with statements like that???? Come on people ....

There are obviously two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live.
    -- James Truslow Adams
    I wouldn't tell someone they deserve what they're going through either, unless I was replying to a post like the one that prompted me to say that. QUESTION FOR YOU KORESH: WHY DID ALL OF YOU COME BACK?? Too boring on the "private" site? I feel fine leaving my very first posts there for all the world to see, because anyone who would read it (and have an ounce of intelligence) would see where all this started. You people READ AND SEE just what you want, because the truth is that you know what pitiful, whining people you really are. Well, back to my work right now, I have a life so you can just go back to watching TV or whatever you do (other than posting here).

rebmafaith is offline New Member

Sorry, once again you're wrong. Because of the Duragesic patch I am able to care for my two young children and take care of my father, who has Alzheimer's. We've managed to keep him in his home for the past year, even though his mind is seriously fading, because several of my siblings and I take turns caring for him. Again, thank God for the patch!

FIBROMYALGIA SUCKS

I wouldn't tell someone they deserve what they're going through either, unless I was replying to a post like the one that prompted me to say that. QUESTION FOR YOU KORESH: WHY DID ALL OF YOU COME BACK?? Too boring on the "private" site? I feel fine leaving my very first posts there for all the world to see, because anyone who would read it (and have an ounce of intelligence) would see where all this started. You people READ AND SEE just what you want, because the truth is that you know what pitiful, whining people you really are. Well, back to my work right now, I have a life so you can just go back to watching TV or whatever you do (other than posting here).
    KORESH responding here everyone, so uless you want to continue reading this comedy that *is* Moodstar53 please stand by for a few days and she'll get bored. Yes, we go through this from time to time because she hasn't figured out how to configure her settings to not monitor our conversations, and in real life it's not legal to discount disabled people like this. That is in fact what upsets alot of us, that she feels the need to monitor a group that obviously has little in common with her and that this is her only way of getting revenge. But your Mr. Koresh finds this kind of entertaining.

Rebmafaith I want you to understand fully that you didn't cause this latest exchange with her as she really does set back waiting for a reason to cause this type of exchange. Her name mentioned, she's referred to, something she's said is quoted, anything. Please, don't let this stop you from posting here or make you gun shy on the forum. You can really find some very good people and very good friends here. We're meeting with Ronnie next month for dinner, and thinking of a way to hook up with TimRobo soon also. There are some wonderful and very supportive people in these forums. Please check the topic "I'm very scared.I'm at the end of my rope!mdone" https://www.drugs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15015 to see but a small example. This is a wonderful support tool!!

You just have to understand that she looks for the slightest reason to jump in and stake her "claim" and you happened to be it. I was going to give it a few more days to trigger her anyway. For everyone that takes this forum seriously, please continue to do so. We're always here to help and support as TimRobo did for you. He beat me to it, but he's the one that helped me with that problem. You'll find that he's a very good person and a very good friend. He and Ronnie are two of my closest friends and I am truly blessed in that fact. I happen to have very good taste in friends indeed.

Now ..... Moodystar. I really, truly hope that you can someday find closure in your pain and will go on with your life in a way that you could care less what others are saying about you. After all, you don't know us, have nothing in common with us, and really could care less about our opinions of you as we could care less of your opinions of us. Get real .... this is a public forum and it's just pixels on the screen!!! Don't take this so seriously. When I'm not intentionally provoking you simply because I find you one of the most entertaining people I've ever come across I truly pray that you find a place that you belong and people that care about your opinions.

Moodyperson, I've never left. I've been around trying to support people, getting lots of support in return, and enjoying reading other people's experiences. To think that we're bored with the email list that we created to keep away from Trolls like you makes it sound like your more important than you really are. I *always* come back when you jump on a person making their 2nd or 3rd post in the forums because I think you are a riot and hate seeing you make a first time poster feel bad!! It's your baggage, not theirs. They're in the right place not you. And two jobs?? Ok ..... I'm very sorry for you missing so much of life having to work all the time. But what does your boss say about you doing all this posting from work?? Course, judging from your personality, I'm sure they really don't want to get you started. I just find it entertaining. And for those who find all of this poison offensive, I'm truly sorry as I am a big part of it. I'm not only the so called "self appointed leader", but I really get a kick out of helping her define the term Stupidity. Oh, as the leader, do I get a gold star or something Moodyperson?? Anyway, like I said, history shows us that this exchange won't last that long but is quite entertaining while it lasts (if you don't read everything that she will be posting soon). She should start getting personal, nasty, and VERY down on disabled people soon or at least to me. It really ruins my day if you know what I mean.

Anyway, Moodyone, yes some of us get to watch movies and TV while your working your two jobs. We get to sleep alot too! Of course, we're in wheel chairs, walk with canes, and some of us walkers to boot! Not to mention the pounds of Titanium we have in our backs, and other illnesses that you've only read about in your Web page collection. Want to pay my monthly fees for said tools as we fake our illnesses to get the drugs we crave?? That we're hooked on? That we trade back and forth ..... maybe for sexual payments?? Never touched on that one have you?? Well ..... just food for your next post, which we look forward to.

As the Koresh of the group, feel free to send me email (I'll gladly watch my anti-spam folder for it this time if you let me know it's coming. I get alot of junk mail) with the subject line "Drug.com" so I can catch it and I'll step you through making sure you don't get email about posts anymore. I know it's hard for you, being the only lucid one here and all, so I'll be glad to help as "The Self Appointed Leader" of the "gang". Other than that, I want to thank everyone involved in this as this is the BEST birthday present that I've gotten so far today! Soon we'll be back to helping each other and talking about our experiences with our patches, but for now Moodyone has center stage. Enjoy it while it lasts.

As Tim said ..... I pray for you moodstar53 everytime we go through this. I wish every time that you find your peace, and that you don't continue to show all of us the stigma attached to our way of life. But then, you always come through in the end and show us what some people think of us, as illegal as it may be. We're disabled. Deal with it.

Keep your baggage, as I have enough of my own thank you very much. No, it's a good learning experience so keep it up.

Now, the last words from *MR KORESH* at this point is ...... we need to take a poll on your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid. Moodywhatever your not allowed to vote as being the "only lucid person" out of the hundreds reading this and you might cheat. I'm having *way* too much fun this time around and for this I appologize. She's making it *way* too easy, and she keeps getting stranger with every "Moodyexchange". But people, seriously, this is actually how some people think of us. Read back, listen closely, learn. It's not legal, but it's the stigma that we have to deal with while making it so we can function in a closely normal manner. David Koresh has spoken. Like I said, I'm having way too much fun with this, as she get's more and more stupid in each exchange.

Blessings to everyone that has to suffer through this fun ......
    Dennis

-- James Truslow Adams

bcordrey is offline New Member

I have been on the duragesic / fentanyl patch for about 1-1/2 yrs. when they became available in ganeric I found a pharmacy that had a diferent patch. It was flat, and not a bubble patch. It stuck so much better. The problem is I do not know the brand name or the pharmace I got them from. If any one knows the brand please let me know. bcordrey@woh.rr.com
    Thanks

Beth

bcordrey is offline New Member

I have been on the duragesic / fentanyl patch for about 1-1/2 yrs. when they became available in ganeric I found a pharmacy that had a diferent patch. It was flat, and not a bubble patch. It stuck so much better. The problem is I do not know the brand name or the pharmace I got them from. If any one knows the brand please let me know. bcordrey@woh.rr.com
    Thanks

Beth

Hello Beth. I am only aware of two generics. One is Mylan and the other is Sandoz. If there are more I would like to know about them, too.

quote:Originally posted by bcordrey

Thanks

Beth
    Hi there bcordery, welcome. Like TimRobo said, the only generic's that we know of among us so far (that we've been given that is) are the Mylan and Sandoz. The Mylan is the flat bandage type patch, and the Sandoz is the liquid bubble type like the original Duragesic. They have different delivery methods and different delivery charts so you might want to compare them closely. TimRobo can prob tell you more about them since he's checking out the Sandoz right now, or maybe someone else can offer an opinion. I found the Mylan flat stuck a little better for me, but I get a better dosage delivery from the Sandoz. Your mileage may vary ...

Blessings ....
    Dennis

-- James Truslow Adams

Go back to your post, dstaley around 7/19, where you and a few others talk about not being able to gain weight and offering to mail "reefer" to each other --is that legal????, to send pot through the mail. Be careful, remember, you never know who's watching.
    This post was made by me, dstaley, on 7/19/2005 page 6 of 12:

"side and about 225 lbs "

See...I'm telling ya...Our weight has something to do with it! I'm almost 270...my skin just doesn't grab it.
    Nah, I still don't think so. I'm 165 at 5' 8" and it doesn't grab my skin without the rubbing alcohol and hair dryer thing either.

I *wish* I could have some of you guys beef though .... I can't gain weight on these meds to save my soul. I just don't have any appitite at all. One of my four doctors joked one time that he was going to prescribe *reefer* to me to give me an appitite. Sadly .... he was joking.

Glad to get some feedback on locations though, thanks!

Blessings ....
    dstaley

-- James Truslow Adams
    Is that the post your talking about?? Can you read?? Even *you* know the difference between the words "going to prescribe" and "offering to mail to each other". Their not even spelled the same nor sound the same. That post was the only reference to reefer that was made by anyone in that exchange and it was indeed by me talking about a discussion with my doctor. And yes, doctors do indeed prescribe canabis in various forms at times for weight gain amoung other things. Doctors are allowed to do that. Also notice the reference to the word "joked" in the above quote.

Moodstar53, go back to sleep. We've changed subjects and moved on with the discussion unless you can add information about which is the flat patch and which is the bubble patch. As they say, "get with the program" and talk about your experiences using the medication or as I've said email me off list if you have a problem with me. (not too obvious ) Your about a week behind and your wasting bandwidth. Not to mention being unable to cut down your quoting of other peoples posts and taking a half page to say nothing on topic.

Blessings .....
    dstaley@ma.rr.com in case you have a problem. Remember, use the subject line "Drugs.com" so I can catch it with my anti-spam programs, 'k?? Or do you need an audience??

-- James Truslow Adams

<I feel that I'm helping in a strange kind of way.>

So did Hitler!

On with the games...

<I feel that I'm helping in a strange kind of way.>

So did Hitler!

On with the games...
    Here's some news on the patch, since that's what this is all about. (now don't get pissed at me and strike back)

http://www.turnto10.com/news/5133428/detail.html
    Well at least she finally posted on topic I guess, in typical moodstar53 fashion.

People, if you give your patches to someone and they have a heart attack you will be arrested for murder as pointed out to us by moodstar53. They must *only* be prescribed by a licensed doctor.

Shaking his head .....
    Dennis

-- James Truslow Adams

Yeah...so only sell them your codiene...then they can puck themselves to death!
    How the hell is someone dying by using meds that weren't prescribed for them news?

Yeah...so only sell them your codiene...then they can puck themselves to death!
    How the hell is someone dying by using meds that weren't prescribed for them news?
    I have only one thing in defense of the Providence/New Bedford Rhode Island news teams article: their right, no one should be giving anyone else medication that they need in the first place. It's not a legal thing to do and there's nothing new about suffering the consequences of your actions no matter what the medicaion is. Without proper training it can cause death.

About the news collection policies:
    http://www.turnto10.com/news/5175258/detail.html . What can ya say?? [:I] Slow news area???

Blessings ....
    Dennis

slim2004 is offline New Member

Hello,

I've never used the Druagesic patch before, but i heard it's good for cancer patient. I need this for my mom.
    Where can i buy this?
    please someone help me!

my email address is slim2004@gmail.com

slim2004 is offline New Member

Hello,

I've never used the Druagesic patch before, but i heard it's good for cancer patient. I need this for my mom.
    Where can i buy this?
    please someone help me!

quote:Originally posted by slim2004

Hello,

Where can i buy this?
    please someone help me!

Your mom's doctor can give you a prescription for the medication, then it's just a trip to the pharmacy. It works well for cancer patients ....

Blessings to your mother in her pain

-- James Truslow Adams

Suzee is offline Junior Member

Hi everyone.First I just wanted to say I empathise with all who suffer chronic pain, and thankfully there are products available to make life tolerable, if not pain free..I'm surprised nobody mentions applying the patch to the fatty areas of the body. I was under the impression that they are absorbed better, or work better on fatty parts of the body, rather than bony areas. Also thought for that reason they weren't as effective on very thin people.Wonder if there's any merit to this? (though they may not stay on those ares as well?)
    I have to say this also.MOODSTAR. Your father probably died because he is 96 yrs old. And MAYBE his doctor cared enough that he be comfortable and free of pain while hospitalized.I don't know and don't care, but I guarantee you've distorted the story--and already I'm sympathising with the poor doctor who had to deal with a family member like you. And as for you being "informed"..if the med were a psychoactive, such as Ativan or haldol(which you need BTW) they should have got consent. Pain med? Well, you have eyes--you didn't see the patch on him? Please, I don't even want you to answer, and I won't read your response.....to all others, sorry--I just couldn't help it. She's insane to be in this forum.

somniferum is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by spercy

quote:Originally posted by jennavive

Has anyone had experience using this?

I got an RX yesterday and noticed that the fentanyl in the new patch is solid (the way other patches are). In the old one, there was an actual resevior in it and it moved around.

I awoke today feeling kinda sweaty and withdrawal-y after applying the new patch 24 hrs ago-- I'm not sure if it works as well. It IS smaller, and I know the old patch's strength was based uypon how large of an area the patch covered.

Anyone else have an experience??

quote:Originally posted by bcordrey

Thanks

Beth

Real question here for My Friends on the board. Turns out my wife works for the HUGE company that OWNS THE LARGE COMPANY that is Sandoz, a benefit is i can get any of their medicines free. Now, I would like to take a poll as to satisfaction with Mylan >>. Sandoz. I am using Mylan now, and if that is better, there is not a whole lot of motivation to go through the paper work for the Sandoz as I only pay a $15.00 copay for the Mylans. Anyone have opinions either way on using mylan >>. sandoz....?

THANKS
    Paulie
    Hi there bcordery, welcome. Like TimRobo said, the only generic's that we know of among us so far (that we've been given that is) are the Mylan and Sandoz. The Mylan is the flat bandage type patch, and the Sandoz is the liquid bubble type like the original Duragesic. They have different delivery methods and different delivery charts so you might want to compare them closely. TimRobo can prob tell you more about them since he's checking out the Sandoz right now, or maybe someone else can offer an opinion. I found the Mylan flat stuck a little better for me, but I get a better dosage delivery from the Sandoz. Your mileage may vary ...

Blessings ....
    Dennis

-- James Truslow Adams

Again...

Can I get an informal poll going on Mylan >> Sandoz from My Friends on the board?

Thank You ALL!

Please, if you didn't want an answer, you should have kept your mouth shut. You're right, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MY FATHER AND WHETHER HE WAS IN PAIN OR NOT! So, you could have just kept your uninformed opinion to yourself. What do youmean "they" should have gotten consent?? Again, I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, AND TO INFORM YOU AND ANYONE ELSE WHO MIGHT NOT KNOW, A SCHEDULE II NARCOTIC SUCH AS THE FENTANYL, REQUIRES INFORMED CONSENT, AND THE DOCTOR DIDN'T GET IT FROM US (HIS FAMILY). ANY YOU, YOU'RE PROBABLY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE UNDER ANOTHER NAME, IF NOT, YOU FIT IN THE SAME BARRELL WITH THE REST OF THEM. QUESTION: I assume that if YOU were in the hospital as an elderly person, and your doctor decides you have lived long enough, he can make the decision for YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, that he'll just put you under?? DOCTORS ARE NOT GOD!!! (I can't believe you would even say "Poor Doctor" (please!!) You are obviously a very IGNORANT PERSON TO EVEN SAY THAT. That's why their butts are getting sued left and right, and it will continue until the ones who PLAY GOD gets the message. REMEMBER, IT WAS MY DAD YESTERDAY, AND IT COULD BE YOU OR ONE OF YOUR FMAILY MEMBERS TOMORROW. Now, since you are not reading this, I don't expect a reply from you!
    Man am I glad you found another new person to jump on. I was timing you this time, and you've trolled us alot faster in the past. Your getting slow moody-weirdo. Anyway, everything you said is subjective and your own opion which is not held very highly in this Forum. No constructive input to questions asked by members, and no support given to members needing it. So your pretty much a waste of humanity on this board. As usual. But may I point out something that you agreed on when signing up for your free Trolling license in these forums, and please pay close attention to item #3:

https://www.drugs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7
    Drugs.com Discussion Board Rules and Guidelines
    The following is a list of the rules and guidelines for the Drugs.com Community Discussion Board. If you find anyone has posted an inappropriate message to the Drugs.com Discussion Board, please contact forums (at) drugs.com (please replace "(at)" with "@".
    1. No profanity, vulgarity or lewd suggestive language. Several offensive words are automatically blocked by the functions of the Discussion Board. This list can be updated at the discretion of the administrators.
    2. There should be no messages posted advertising your business, promoting web pages, or promoting events unless someone asks for that information.
    3. Please do not use all CAPS when posting messages. Many internet users consider all caps to be like shouting at someone. Please do not use Special Characters in the subject line to attract attention when posting messages.

If your going to push your point of view on every new person that has read your garbage in the past please review the rules and go by them. "Please do not use all CAPS when posting messages." You silly sanctimonious Troll. Other than that .... keep on with your miserable life and feel free to share it with the next new person that happens to post.

Anyone willing to go back can easily see the quality of your thought process and experience .... and how easy it is to let you look extremly foolish. Or .... have you found any new web pages or news clippings to share with us?? The last one you found was really great, but kind of lost it's impact being followed by another news story of an "Accused 'Foot-Licker' Ordered Held On Rape Charge". Real Washington Post coverage where your from. And you call *Suzee* an ignorant person. Remember, your the one that can't read when it comes to all of us sending "grass" to each other through the mail. Your just too easy. That's why you jump on every new member that reads your junk and says how stupid it is and comments on it.

Go back to your two jobs moodslinger. You have nothing to share here .... it's not your type of discussion group. Let's make it easy for you to understand:

"So, you could have just kept your uninformed opinion to yourself."
    "You are obviously a very IGNORANT PERSON TO EVEN SAY THAT." (sorry for the caps lock, it was *your* quote)

And I'm still waiting for you to take this off the forums into private email you Showboater, you only like the attention don't you? Why don't you stick with the people who have been around for a while and can laugh at you without jumping on every new person that posts?? I know your answer already, and it probably resorts to intelligent responses like calling someone "Jim Jones" "self appointed leader" or such. I really feel sorry for you and everyone you come in contact with on a daily basis.

I'd love to hear from that doctor and hear the *real* story about what gives your life meaning, 'cause has already been pointed out ...... we're not getting both sides here, and to tell you the truth I personally am not too impressed anymore about your side of the story. I'd love to hear the other side one day.

Might have been:
    (doctor) Your father seems to be in alot of pain for someone in as advanced age as he is, and I'd like to give him something for it to make him as comfortable as possible. That's about all we can do at this point. After all .... he's 96 years old.

(moodstar) Ok doctor, if you think it would make him more comfortable.

A 96 year old man died from a heart attack (would be considered Natural Causes in any court) after being sick enough to be hospitalized and needing pain medications and such after a long good life, and you get to preach and make everyone miserable for the rest of yours over it. Now I can see why it's so hard for the rest of us to get the medications that we need.

And about the link you posted a little while ago .... can you read?!?!?! Near the bottom of the page:

"Rather, we are merely stating that the doctrine of informed consent is not the legal panacea for all damages arising out of any type of malfeasance by a physician."

Is not legal panacea for all damages arising out of any type of malfeasance by a physician. Heck, I don't even have to call one of my lawyers to understand that one!!

You don't have a leg to stand on according to the link you posted. Wow, your zero for two on your web sites there, keep looking. Glad Google is much better.

dstaley

-- James Truslow Adams

quote:Originally posted by Paulie42652

Real question here for My Friends on the board. Turns out my wife works for the HUGE company that OWNS THE LARGE COMPANY that is Sandoz, a benefit is i can get any of their medicines free. Now, I would like to take a poll as to satisfaction with Mylan >>. Sandoz. I am using Mylan now, and if that is better, there is not a whole lot of motivation to go through the paper work for the Sandoz as I only pay a $15.00 copay for the Mylans. Anyone have opinions either way on using mylan >>. sandoz....?

THANKS
    Paulie
    Hi Paulie, sorry but I was over there ----> playing with moodstar. She's so much fun!!!!

But to give you my opinion, I applaud your company's company Sandoz. For me, it works closest to the original Duragesic patches. I get withdrawl symptoms from the Mylan patches, which I don't get from the Sandoz. The Sandoz is also the closest to the original patches; with the pouch so you can *see* that the medication is there and being used, and even the sizes for the different dosages showing more medications. I know that the Mylan has a different delivery structure and doesn't need to resort to that, but it just makes me feel more comfortable seeing the medication instead of trusting that it's there.

The only selling point so far for me since they came out is that without the Duraplast dressing the Mylan seems to stay on better for me. Course I'm skinny as a rail, 5' 10" and 160 pounds with no fatty areas to try it on. I think I read somewhere that if you have a fatty area that they might work just as good. I could be wrong on that one completely though so don't go by that.

But for me, I've told CVS that the only patches that I want is the Sandoz, and usually raise a bit of a mess if they order in the Mylan's by mistake.

Another opinion heard from, and your mileage may vary on this one.

Blessings ..... and hope you feel better!
    Dennis

-- James Truslow Adams

Suzee is offline Junior Member

DStaley, that was my real intent in my post--to ask about applying the patches to fatty areas of the body; I was under the impression they work better on people with higher body fat, since they are absorbed better (although might not stay on as well)
    I was distracted by that "star of bad moods",and found her intentions to "inform" us of the dangers of the patch totally inappropriate on this thread. Some of us in chronic pain have days when death almost look preferable than living in constant agony. We certainly don't need any warnings or advice about how dangerous they are, when for some, the patches are basically "saving" our lives!Besides, it's a PIA to weed through the rants to get to the information. Have a great day everyone.

Actually I chickened out and stayed with the Duragesic. This one costs me a $60 deductible versus a $20 for the Sandoz and I just haven't made the jump. I figure the 40 bucks is ok since I am confortable with the Duragesic. Just to cover old ground, if you look at the info on the box, the Duragesic and Sandoz are both manufactured by the Alza Corporation. One of these days I need to make the jump just so I can be well informed on the subject in case I ever need to sue a doctor.

dstaley, you are a pathetic piece of ****. You just can't stay away can you?(small letters). So, I see you again exalted yourself to overseer or police for this board. There are no administrators of this forum, dumbo. Does #3 apply to only me? I went back and saw where all of you have used CAPS, including you ****po (Oct. 18, 19 to name a few dates). And you with the blue text??? Is that supposed to put more emphasis on your OPINIONS? (YES, ALL CAPS). You can make your text whatever color you wish, it's still garbage to me. You are getting a little slow yourself, I would have bet money that you would again, stick your little trap into someone else's post. You don't want to face the truth, that doctor's do get sued all the time for their actions. I posted a few "DOCUMENTED" INFORMED CONSENT CASES, AND YOU STILL CAN'T ACCEPT IT. Oh, well, go back to never-never land and take a nap, that is, until someone new comes on and you again, have to jump in and play Mr. Know-it-all, by defending them, just to get them to join your "club". I really hope that one day, a new person will post here, and be able to see through you.
    See through me? Interesting, not much to see. You come in with your **** and jump down every new posters throat and still haven't proved any points. I'm just your worse nightmare here in telling that new person that you have no business here, no facts that can help them, and that you have a hardon for doctors, and for me but are affraid of me off-list, and not to take you any more serious than anyone else in life does. A new poster shouldn't get scared off because the "big bad moodywolf" is a nothing when it comes to information about Duragesic patches. There you go everybody, I've saved you the time in trying to get x-ray glasses. You don't have to see through me now.

I will give you this though, doctors do get sued. Yes indeed, they do. Every Tom, Dick, Harry or Moodweirdo can sue a doctor. That's the only thing that you've proven so far, and that's why our medical insurance rates are sky-rocketing, The President used it as a campaign promise to make it more difficult for people like you to sue them, and the only experience you have here. Heck, I saw the draft of his notes and you were originally addressed by name but he was affraid you'd sue him.

New Orleans? Yeah, I expected you to resort to experiences from that low time in the history of the United States. Fill the Forum with your news clippings about doctors getting sued all you want, but stop jumping down every new person that joins the list and can't believe how you carried on. Live with your actions, and write me *off list*!! Are you that affraid of me that we can't take this to a private venue? Stay a Troll if you want, your opinion doesn't matter as it reflects nothing that anyone here is talking about.

But like I said, stop jumping down every new posters throat every time they have an opinion about your childish tantrums. Heck, if they want to say something about me I'd probably laugh and agree with them because I just enjoy bringing this side of you. Don't you realize by now? Your just a cranky, opinionated, ill-informed bitter old person that works too much with your two jobs. I just like to put you in the position of being able to prove that.

And learn how to cut down my posts a little bit when you answer. My post is right above yours, and people can easily scroll up and see them. You don't have to put in the whole thing. Makes it easier to pick out your BS. Now, you can go back to sleep until the next new forum member mentions your name and you can erupt. Now remember, don't answer any of their questions, sympathize with their circumstances or anything, just be sure to be yourself and "show them". That way, you can continue to be a poster child for birth control.

I laugh in your general direction, and await your email offlist,
    dstaley

-- James Truslow Adams

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast