Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Govt. Drops Corrupt Mental Illness Program
    dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

Is this forum just for Miles,bn7 and zippysgoddess?

Debbie

OOPS...just added me to it.

bn7
    bn7 is offline Member

Dizzy,

Yep, we are way off topic, sorry!

zippysgoddess,

I'll shut up now about my domestic stuff.^^

I think the whole world is sick of American Foreign Policy. LOL

quote:Originally posted by bn7

Dizzy,

Yep, we are way off topic, sorry!

zippysgoddess,

I'll shut up now about my domestic stuff.^^

I think the whole world is sick of American Foreign Policy. LOL

Just messing with you guys.You'll have at it!!!!

Debbie

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Hey bn, just email me sometime when you want to talk again, or have stuff to get off your chest.

Have you ever tried to figure out exactly what our foreign policy is?

Yes, Dizzy, we were monopolizing, and thoroughly enjoying it.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

quote:Originally posted by zippysgoddess

Hey bn, just email me sometime when you want to talk again, or have stuff to get off your chest.

Have you ever tried to figure out exactly what our foreign policy is?

Yes, Dizzy, we were monopolizing, and thoroughly enjoying it.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~
    Enjoy,I enjoy reading it!!Hope you are having a good day today Zippy!

Debbie

bn7
    bn7 is offline Member

zippysgoddess,

As far as I can see American Foreign Policy is to americanise every country through the use of economic and military force. But only in countries that have resources that the US wants or if the country is in a strategic geographical position.

And thanks for the private email offer. I've pretty much spilt my guts all over this thread so I'm OK for now.

Hey Zippy/bn7,

Just curious,how in the heck did you guy's get from Mental Illness to American Foreign Policy?

Come to think of it,it is really not that much of a stretch.

Debbie

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

LOL dizzy, it actually happened because I couldn't respond one day as I had to type up this huge paper my DH had to do for one of his classes on American Foreign Policy. It had to be 10 to 15 pages, with MLA citations, and by the time I was done, I came on and said I was sick of foreign policy. My DH has all A's, and does his work wonderfully, but he types so slow, that if he did them all himself, they would never be ready by the due dates, so he does all his research and puts them together, then I am the resident typist!

Yes bn, I think you have summed up our foreign policy pretty well. There was a second part of the paper which asked if you thought it would help or hinder, as far as isolating the US from other countries, and my DH felt it would hinder, and isolate us more, because it seems that it is going to create much less cooperation.

I am glad you are doing well, but keep my email addy, just in case!

zippysgoddess

Well that clears it up!I can relate to the slow typist,I'm one of them,I don't like typing at all.Guess I'm at the wrong place [a forum]since typing is a lot of the work here.So that is why most of my post are short.Plus at times I have a hard time putting my thoughts into words...but I try.

Hope you are feeling well today and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Debbie

MolokoVelocet is offline New Member

WOW. 1st post here. Zippy's ignorant ranting was so offensive to me that i actually took the time to register and post. ive been on these boards for a year and never posted.

ZIPPY are you being paid off by pharmaceutical companies? One has to question your motives for your ignorant baseless comments.

Zippy I hope you people read this and remember your name.

read ZIPPY's other threads. Zippy is a full on misinformation propoghanda machine.

Miles is offline Member

MolokoVelocet:

I am pleased that someone else has noticed the arrant nescience of her postings. There are others here who are equally suspicious and appear to be whoring for the drug industry as well - if not, then they have certainly swallowed the medical model of problems in living.

Stay vigilant!

Regards,
    Miles

pharmd06 is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by Miles

GAP Client Allen Jones Vindicated After Years of Voicing Concerns of Financial Corruption

Washington, D.C. – The director of the federal government’s mental health agency announced last week that his department no longer endorses the Texas Medication Algorithm Project (TMAP), a controversial drug treatment regime supported by President Bush. The reversal by Charles Currie, director of the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), came in a meeting on October 17 with numerous nonprofit health organization representatives. Among those present who witnessed Currie’s remarks was Government Accountability Project (GAP) client Allen Jones, who has been critical of TMAP for years and was fired as a result of investigating the program’s inner-workings.

Jones, a former fraud investigator for the state of Pennsylvania, blew the whistle on financial inducements given by drug companies to entice state officials to favor hyper-expensive “atypical” drugs in treating depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. A government-funded study released last month confirmed Jones’s findings that atypical drugs are no better in treating schizophrenia than older, off-patent medications that sell for a fraction of the cost. Jones initially began his investigation in 2002, went public with his findings in February 2004, and was terminated that following June as a result.

The development and marketing of TMAP was financed by ten major drug companies. All of the atypical drugs are recent issues and under patent to the same drug companies that promoted the adoption of TMAP around the country. The program has come under fire from numerous therapists and citizens groups in recent years.

“It is high time that the federal government realizes the sham that TMAP really is,” stated Jones. “This program has been a blatant example of how big corporations can manipulate and corrupt our government officials into acting in the best interest of businesses instead of the public. The states that still operate TMAP should end this corruption immediately in the interest of taxpayers everywhere.”

While an investigator at the Pennsylvania Office of Inspector General, Jones discovered that drug companies were showering gifts on officials in charge of determining which drugs were to be prescribed to persons in state custody suffering mental illness. The exorbitant costs of these atypical drugs are being borne by taxpayers via Medicaid. Jones discovered a hidden bank account created by pharmaceuticals for Pennsylvania officials to receive monetary gifts for implementing TMAP. Jones was fired for his persistent investigating and exposing of the program.

“SAMHSA’s rejection of TMAP completely vindicates Allen’s disclosure,” stated GAP Food & Drug Safety Director Mark Cohen, continuing “We anticipate the courts will agree.” GAP represents Jones in a federal suit in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, in which he alleges he was fired for exercising his free speech rights.

Government Accountability Project
    The Government Accountability Project is the nation’s leading whistleblower protection organization. Through litigating whistleblower cases, publicizing concerns and developing legal reforms, GAP’s mission is to protect the public interest by promoting government and corporate accountability. Founded in 1977, GAP is a non-profit, public interest law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. and Seattle, WA.

Are you kidding me? yes the new agents are overpriced. but you are ignoring the big differences. have you ever seen someone with tardive dyskinesias? the new medicines aim to prevent side effects and improve quatlity of life. don't dwell on the past, let medicine advance. psychosis is real, unless the voices in your head tell you otherwise. stop trying to scare people.

http://www.healthyplace.com/Communit...s/response.htm

Miles is offline Member

pharmd06:

I don't try to scare, but rather inform. The true "scary" folks are FDA employees and drug manufacturers!

"Psychosis is real?" Okay, and the earth is flat!

Miles

quote:Originally posted by Miles

pharmd06:

I don't try to scare, but rather inform. The true "scary" folks are FDA employees and drug manufacturers!

"Psychosis is real?" Okay, and the earth is flat!

Miles
    Miles...Miles...Miles.Get back with you Monday.Where you been?Doing good I hope.

Debbie

Try to be correct!But not always successful!

your original post has a hidden meaning. let me inform everyone that here you have the government showing how cheap it is. instead of paying for newer agents, they want to save money by relying on cheap, old drugs. every study done with psych meds has to compare the old agent to the new one bc it is considered unethical to use placebo when a treatment exists.
    therefore, the studies show that the new agents are just as effective but with less side effects. they place blame on the drug companies but is really the government saving itself millions of dollars. so what essentially happens is that poor people who need meds and can't afford them get stuck on medications that have crippling side effects but could have much more normal lives with newer agents. people on welfare are left with no choice but to suffer side effects bc the government only wants to pay for generic drugs. the post has a good point but the drug company is not the enemy and if you see it that way, the politicians have you fooled.

bn7
    bn7 is offline Member

pharmd06,

To claim atypical's do not cause TD is just uniformed tripe. They not only cause TD but a myriad of other horrendous side effects. Do your research!

Schizophrenia is an invention. It is not a disease of the brain. The brain is an organ the mind is not! Not one lesion for a single mental illness has ever turned up on the autopsy table.

Schizophrenia is a means to socially control difference. Drug companies have jumped at the chance to produce brain damaging toxic drugs (for profit) to destroy anyone that does not adhere to our cultures artificial bourgeoisie social constructs.

World Heath Organization Studies a repeatedly shown that people with so called SZ in poorer countries such as India and Nigeria that do not take antipsychotic medication have recovery rates of 70%. This is opposed to recovery rates of 11% in the USA where SZ's are maintained on antipsychotics. This paradigm speaks for its self.

Moreover, in many indigenous cultures, symptoms of SZ are not only normal but they are enviable as the person having such experiences are seen as having direct links with the supernatural world.

Psychiatry and Psychopharmacology is not science, it is ideology. Lets not forget homosexuality was only removed from the DSM in the 1970's after intense lobbying from the gay rights movement.

I see that homophobia is likely to be 'VOTED' in for inclusion as a disease for the forthcoming next edition of the DSM.

The American Psychiatric Association should change their name to reflect what they actually stand for, the American Psychopharmacology Association.

The APA does not know the cause of a single mental illness and does not have any standardised diagnostic lab test for a single mental illness. Yet through it's collaboration with the psychopharmacology industry, psychotropic medications have become the biggest and best moneymaker in the world. This has been achieved without one bit of peer reviewed evidence.

As I see it, by medicalising difference and despondency, the psychopharmacology industry is standing in the way of important and necessary social and political change. Most of this needed change would alleviate the suffering of the masses. All that needs to occur are people’s thoughts feelings and behavior be legitimised and not medialised (for profit) and change would naturally follow.

When the revolution comes, psychopharmacologists will be first against the wall.

everyone is entitled to an opinion.

good luck with your revolution.

bn7
    bn7 is offline Member

pharmdo6,

As a victim of forced psychopharmacology I have learnt that I am not entitled to my own opinion. Without any medical lab test being performed to identify any lesion, I was forcefully detained, labeled schizophrenic, stripped naked, strapped to a bed with restraints, injected with toxic brain damaging drugs, denied water and food for 3 days, spied on through a peep hole in the door. I was then denied my freedom for another 4 years and was forcefully drugged throughout this period. All this occurred because some middle class psychiatrist made a value judgment about my thoughts, feelings and behavior and deemed them to be unacceptable.

It is a fundamental human right that people are entitled to their own opinion. I also hold these values:

That all human beings are created different. That every human being has the right to be mentally free and independent.

That every human being has the right to feel, see, hear, sense, imagine, believe or experience anything at all, in any way, at any time.

That every human being has the right to behave in any way that does not harm others or break fair and just laws.

That no human being shall be subjected without consent to incarceration, restraint, punishment, or psychological or medical intervention in an attempt to control, repress or alter the individual's thoughts, feelings or experiences.

As you can see pharmdo6, my views are directly opposed to the ideology of the psychopharmacology industry. This disease mongering scum disagree with your assertion that " everyone is entitled to an opinion". They turn difference of opinion into disease for profit, power and social control.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123