Hydrocodone Addicted...
    1LngRdHome is offline New Member

Default Hydrocodone Addicted...

Hi,
    As I'm sure many of us have done, for at least the past year I've scanned the forums for people like me going through the same hell. However, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it or "soak in" what I read in fear that I would "wake up". Well, here I am now after at least 2yrs addiction to hydrodones but at least 15yrs of addiction experience with several other drugs. I want to start at least by saying that by far out of all the drugs I have been addicted to (until the pills it was crack cocaine) hydrocodone has been by far the hardest hurdle for me to get over. I'm ready now and granted I'm only now on day 5 of my recovery I know in my heart and my mind (the most important thing in it all) I'm DONE. Yes, as maybe some people are thinking to themselves, I've said that before too well I know it's not going to be easy and yes it creeps into my mind too but that's the worst thought I can let happen to me is that I will fail, because then I will. Anyway, I started out drinking like most, then pot, then somewhere down the line in my late teens got into cocaine and then crack. I smoked crack for about 5 yrs but I just walked away from it one day after going through all the torture in all the years I'd been on it and I haven't looked back to it since.......10yrs sober from crack at least. After getting hooked on these damn pain pills I realized one thing, my Lord crack was a cake walk to quit (mind you I've never done >>>>>> but I have read that pain killer w/d's are pretty similar) About 6yrs ago I had a kidney stone and got my first taste of hydros, didn't really like them much then and they made me sick throughout the years I had teeth problems and well it always seemed that the dentist would dish out hydro's. Well, I didn't really develope a problem w/ them until about 2yrs ago and boy did it creep up on me. I couldn't pin point when or where I realized that they were becoming a problem but in the last 6 months my life has been hell. They became the only thing in my life and I haven't cared anything about ANYTHING but them. Obviously the reasons most of us don't quit is fear of withdrawels because they are horrific. I have ran out of them so many times in especially the last 6 months I would deal w/ withdrawals at the least twice a month for 2 & 3 days at a time. Of course I would hop right back on the horse as soon as I could get my hands on more. I was up to 20 to 30 10's a day and the last few weeks I would get sick from them and throw up but it didn't stop me from taking them. No way. They didn't even give me the feeling that I thought I used to like so much anymore. Anyway my whole point of this "novel" is that anyone out there that is going through this I hope knows they aren't alone. Like I said day 5 for me. I have found throughout that the best remedy (which only dulls the w/d's some) are as soon as you run out within 12hrs start taking aleve and immodium. This weekend someone I know (my fellow addict) found something called Kratom and I took that the first 3 days and it really seemed to help somewhat but I have stopped (not by choice) w/ the aleve's and immodiums and faired pretty well. Valium or xanax is a big help for sleep for a few days but unfortunatly I haven't any access to any and I have maybe slept literally 8 hours in 3 days and I'm probably over guessing that. I also have 2 tamgesics that I just tried the first one tonite and for the first time in weeks I cleaned up some and well joined this forum and I actually feel pretty darn good for now. My goal is only at this point to get through the next few days and from there on just go with the flow. I don't know where I'll end up but it's got to be better than where I've been, at least I hope and pray. To anyone out there know I know how you feel and that is one thing that has helped me so far, knowing I'm not alone altho no one that is close to me knows what I'm dealing with so in a literal sense I am alone but in spiritual I'm not. I probably have done a lot of rambling but realize this is at least 2yrs of a secret I have finally decided to deal with and I realize also I'm still "fresh" to this but I'm ready mentally and I think that is the biggest and hardest battle of it all, not the physical w/d's. Wish me luck everyone and pray for me as I will all of you.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Your through the worst of it now!!!!!Just remember that your going to start to feel really good and you can easily talk yourself into taking a couple of hydro's thinking that you can handle them now.Be very careful of this.Other than that,congrats and welcome back to the real world.Remember to come back and offer your help and experiences to others who are having problems with opiates....Way to go....Dave

justin278 is offline New Member

Great job 1lngrd, i too have/had a prob with the pain meds, and your right they are pure hell. I started taking suboxone for my addiction and it seems to be working very well, your over the phsyicall hurdle just gotta get over the mental one, which has been the tougher one for me. Again great job and i hope the best for you!

paniac is offline New Member

I am in day 3 detox of a norco habit. Cold turkey.I was taking 4-10 10/325 per day. the information on this site had helped me realize that I am an addict and that things can get better. After 2 days of feeling like death, after reading this I am picking myself up out of bed, and getting on with my life. I still have the wd symtoms, but they are getting better by the minute. Imodium and sleeping pills are a must. I awake every hour. Today I know that this is it! I am in charge. I am starting a new lifestyle, one not controled by a little yellow pill, but by me. This forum is extremely helpful as I am too busy and too proud to admit myself into rehab. I am sure it would have been easier, but after 72 hours I am beginning to feel like my deserved punishment is up and I am in control. Thanks

girlie girl is offline Member

Way to go Paniac. Its only uphill from here on out. The hard part is over for you. But now is the true test.... If you stay away from your precious yellow pills. Keep us informed how your doing. Good Luck. You can do it.

Girlie Girl

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Way to go both Paniac and Crazy.You both deserve a pat on the back.It's one of the hardest things that you will ever endure.Just remember that after a couple of weeks of feeling pretty good you may get the notion that a couple of pills would be a nice little buzz and you can handle it now.This happens alot so if you find yourself thinking this way then put up the red flag because your in the danger zone.It's also important that you both eat well and do some lite exercising even going for a walk after eating is good.Read as much as you can,get that brain working again.We are all proud of you it takes alot to do what you've done.Have a good weekend guys and gals.......Dave

rhi
    rhi is offline New Member

You are all strong people! This my first visit to this website. My husband has been battling drug addiction for the past 8yrs. He has gone from cocaine to speed and now oxycodone. He has just omited that he has a serious promblem. He has been snorting them. This terifies me after researching oxycodone. After read some of the stories on the site, it's givin me hope. I want to help him and he said he is tring to quite, but I've heard this all before. What can I do for him? He has a very addictive nature. I have never been addicted to anything so it's hard for me to understand what he is going through. Help!

LAMysteryGrl is offline New Member

Another pill that can help with withdrawals from Hydro is called Clonodine. It lowers your blood pressure and takes away a lot of the symptoms. It also makes you tired and sleepy so you can sleep through a lot of the withdrawal symptoms. You can get your doctor to prescribe it for you.

rpm693 is offline New Member

Lng rd home: I feel your pain buddy, But I tell you all the most painful withdrawel, and kicking period is iff O/c 80's. This is the most painful withdrawel, besides >>>>>>, you will ever have. So, I say to all of you who are trying to kick hydros, or percs, or norco, you haven't felt nuttin yet. STAY AWAY FROM OXYCONTIN!!!! THIS IS BY FAR THE PAINFULIST ADDICTION TO KICK. NOT only am I taking suboxone, but im into accupuncture for my body and anxiety. PLease everyone stay away from them. I started taking them b/c I played professional football and I had injuries and there you go. DOne in.SDo long rd home, you can do it man. No prob..

robert P. Mills

rpm693 is offline New Member

When you start doing something once in a while, then becomes more often. Then all of a sudden you need the drug to fell normal. Your body clinges on to opiates like nothing else. The human body naturally produces opiates. So it's natural for the body to have them. That's why so many people are addicted to them Plus Dr's give scripts like it's water. Then all of a sudden it's everyday struggle

quote:Originally posted by rhi

You are all strong people! This my first visit to this website. My husband has been battling drug addiction for the past 8yrs. He has gone from cocaine to speed and now oxycodone. He has just omited that he has a serious promblem. He has been snorting them. This terifies me after researching oxycodone. After read some of the stories on the site, it's givin me hope. I want to help him and he said he is tring to quite, but I've heard this all before. What can I do for him? He has a very addictive nature. I have never been addicted to anything so it's hard for me to understand what he is going through. Help!
    robert P. Mills

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

Rhi

Read this website and see if it will answer any of your question.Good Luck!

http://www.narconon.org/

Debbie

devoted is offline New Member

my husband is also addicted to methadone. he was on 130mg/day but he tappered himself down to 20mg/day. he has been on the 20mg/day dose for the past 6 weeks. he has decided to go cold turkey. i have been doing some research and here is some helpful informatin i found.
    http://www.dpeg.org/treatment/methadone_withdrawal.htm and www.happydestinysupplements.com

i emailed the dr and this was his response:

you husband is doing what is called a step down...using less and less trying to get ready for the unavoidable...he'll still go through the basic detox...in fact when people come to me for detox in house they go cold turkey and it works as well if not better than the misery one puts themselves through trying to do this over time...only seen one case in the last 6 years where the step down worked with any satisfaction at all...methadone is a synthetic morphine that binds to opiate receptors anywhere in the body...the real problem of course is that all opiates that are taken down regulate these receptors and the natural production of the bodies natural opiates--enkephalins and endorphins...a step down just makes recovery that much longer and usually when the patient drops down below 40-60 mg they start going through a sub-acute withdrawal anyway...because as long as one is on any level of this opiate or other opiates it just takes longer for the body to respond and longer for the natural systems to come back to normal functioning...if he is going to do this than the sooner he gets on the supplements--please review the opiate detox at www.happydestinysupplements.com the more rapidly he'll recover...I've never had a in-house methadone detox patient leave the program early and this is a 30 day detox...most are sleeping regularly...I do much of this over the internet without the IV nutrition and most make it and are feeling quite normal in 4-6 weeks...the one's who chose to do nothing in the nutritional arena have on-going symptoms of the withdrawal for months...(and only through guided nutritional protocols can one rebuild the body/minds biochemistry systems...no other drug can do this...there is no cure through Prozac/klonopin/ or any other Psych med)...this is called in the scientific literature as the "protracted opiate withdrawal syndrome"...I'm not familiar with Stinger detox products so if you could send my the link at explore this product and give you my evaluation of it...I'm close to 20 years sober and clean my self and fully understand what feels like the impossible nature of things...the only thing I can pass on to your husband is this...this is never easy...and there is never a free lunch, so I decided early that I'd rather die trying, then to die using or doing nothing...I wanted my life back...and one must find a level of stoic reserve and a level of acceptance that this is the journey to life...getting life back...with respect dr dave

hope this helps

Michelle

bckystr is offline New Member

I was just searching the web and found this forum and wanted to share my story I started smoking pot when I was 15 yrs old and cigs, then of course tried some other drugs coke, crack, extascy, acid, then couple yrs after that I got my first oxicotin and snorted it well yr of that and about 10 grand I stole to buy them I woke up and just stopped doing them cold turkey my best friend died from shooting the oxis up ( guess that was my wake up call well I never did anything again for like the last 7 years then almost a yr ago today I had a csection and they gave me percocets well two weeks of those and I was hooked so then I got some hydros for a few months took one or two a day well then it got even farther and now for the last three months I have been taking about 1 to 2 roxicets a day and after reading all your posts I realize I have a problem I need to stop taking those pills I pray that I can stop taking them and I'm gona have to do it I have 3 kids what kind of mom am I being always takin pain meds when I really don't need them and they don't make me high but when I don't have any I get real pain like back pain neck pain headaces so Im gonna try takin some of that stuff you guys were mentioning and Im also gonna speak to my husband cause no one knows I have this problem I think If I talk to them I can get through this with their help I think thats what everyone needs is a real friend who really understands and can be their for you when you go through ruff times good luck to all those like me in the same boat I know you can do it cause Ive done it myself before its just so easy to get back into it or so easy to fail and take more pills or whatever your drug of choice is Just try and be strong and take it day by day thats what im gonna do I will post again in a few weeks hopefully I can be drug free X 3 weeks by then ) Thanks for all your posts you made a big impact on my life

smileagain is offline Member

Hi Everyone,
    I just registered today and by reading the posts, this seems like a great site. To make a long story short, I was addicted to Vicoden and went to a Rehab about 1 1/2 years ago. The Rehab was horrible, they tried to get me out within 2 days UNBELIEVABLE I guess someone else had better insurance. They actually lied to me, I said to them If you make me leave now I will go right to a pharmacy and get some vicoden (I mean it was hard enough for me to get the courage enough to go and then they were doing this) they told me they just got off the phone with Blue shield and they only approved for 3 days. I said Really? Well I just got off the payphone with them and they told me I was approved for a 10 day inpatient stay. The ***** of a nurse said JUST WAIT She comes back and says for now we got you approved for one more day, we have to call each day. INSANE right? I left on the 4th day, If I stayed I would have gone back on the Vicoden. Anyway I left with a script for Suboxone. I thought this worked Fantastic. But I always thought they never gave me enough and that they weened me down too quickly. Four months after I was off the Suboxen I had a terrible migrane attack. I refused to take anything narcotic. I suffered with this for 6 DAYS. I finally went to the hospital. I left a note for my family telling them if something happened to find out what is was (my mom died at 62 from a blot clot she didn't know she had) My brother told them that, they thought I tried to do something to myself because i took 2 sleeping pills and WHAT A NIGHTMARE. IT was over the weekend, They wouldn't let me out of the hospital. But a women next to me 24 hours a day IT WAS HORRIBLE I WAS PISSED My sisters were afraid to come and visit me. Finally the shink listened to my story about my mom and he understood AND I WAS SET FREE ha ha. After all that I stayed cleaned. Unfortunately a few months later my husband who can be a real **** were having problems and I know I can't blame him but that just added to alot of things I started up again. The first time I was up to 30 pills of Vicoden 750 a day. When I relapsed it started slowly but I almost got back up to that again, cut back and know I am going to go on Suboxone. Now you don't have to go to a rehab to get it. (I'm sorry this is soo long I'm almost done.) I looked up doctor's who can prescribe them and the doctor that helped me get addicted is the one prescribing Suboxone! Unbeliveable Huh? But just like the Vicoden he is already giving me triple the amount of Suboxone amount that I was taking. He is giving me 8mg where i had either 2 or 4. Now I'm going to start these tomorrow. I have a family and work. Any suggestions? I could really use some Help. That's if any of you made it to the end of this long story. ha ha
    Thanks for your help
    Eileen

bluegill is offline New Member

WAY TO GO 1LNGRDHOME!

I AGREE WITH WHATS HIS NAME - 80MG OXYCONTIN IS THE WORST WITHDRAWLS IN THE WORLD! I HAVE NEVER TAKEN >>>>>>, BUT PEOPLE TOLD ME THAT OXY WITHDRAWLS ARE FAR WORSE THAN >>>>>>. 1000 MG OF MORPHINE WAS A CAK WALK COMPARED TO OXYCONTIN. I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TWICE IN 2 DAYS WITH DETOXING FROM OXYCONTIN. I NEEDED AN IV AND XRAYS TO MAKE SURE I WAS ALRIGHT!
    NEVER TAKE OXYCONTIN, EVEN IF YOU NEED IT! REMEMBER, OXYCONTIN I SORT OF NEW, PEOPLE SURVIVED FOR YEARS WITHOUT IT. SO CAN YOU!

cammiegibson is offline New Member

From my experience of counseling those addicted to crack you have to deal with the crack before you can deal with any other problems.

cammie

"Do nothing and nothing will happen" todd Wm Gibson

martyd is offline New Member

Hi-- I can't say much more that what everbody else had to say. Sleeping pills is how I did it. The hardest part is over but you will not feel norm. for years. I am sory to tell you this. Everybody who has been on this **** as long as you, and me knows they are not feeling norm yet. That is what makes it hard. I still feel it, even when I walk up steps my body feels all pain. That's ok. Again that's what makes it hard. Talk to people,now that you feel like talking. When you can sleep every day for 6 to 8 hours, then your norm. Let me know when that is. Sory to sound dark, but we or the Dr.s got us into this and they don't know how to get us OUT-OUT-OUT of this. Time is the key I think. I paid $300 to get off once and the Dr. told me that the % of me getting off [Morphine] was ONE %. One % out of 100. This is no joke. You must stop and don't look back and if one day you screw up and take something just get right on the wagon. Keep it up [That's a hole story in it's self] Your be fine Marty

Osagewoman is offline Junior Member

Okay, since we are all addicted to opiates, why does this website have these hyperlinks that take you directly to websites that SELL the stuff online! They make it too easy for us!!!
    [V]
    quote:Originally posted by bluegill

WAY TO GO 1LNGRDHOME!

I AGREE WITH WHATS HIS NAME - 80MG OXYCONTIN IS THE WORST WITHDRAWLS IN THE WORLD! I HAVE NEVER TAKEN >>>>>>, BUT PEOPLE TOLD ME THAT OXY WITHDRAWLS ARE FAR WORSE THAN >>>>>>. 1000 MG OF MORPHINE WAS A CAK WALK COMPARED TO OXYCONTIN. I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TWICE IN 2 DAYS WITH DETOXING FROM OXYCONTIN. I NEEDED AN IV AND XRAYS TO MAKE SURE I WAS ALRIGHT!
    NEVER TAKE OXYCONTIN, EVEN IF YOU NEED IT! REMEMBER, OXYCONTIN I SORT OF NEW, PEOPLE SURVIVED FOR YEARS WITHOUT IT. SO CAN YOU!

CONCERNED LOVE is offline New Member

I'M WORKING ON GETTING MYSELF OFF OF HYDROCODONE. I HAVE BEEN ON THEM FOR 5 YEARS, I HAVE A BAD BACK, AND I AM IN PAIN WITH OUT THEM, BUT I HATE TEH DEPENDANCY, AND THE WITHDRAWEL I HAVE GON THROUGH FOR EVEN A DAY WITH OUT THEM. FROM MY BEST EXPERIENCE IS TO GRADUALY CUTT YOUR SELF OFF OF THEM. IF YOU ARE GETTING THEM LEGALY FROM YOUR DOCTOR LIKE I AM, TELL THEM THAT YOU WANT TO LOWER YOUR DOES, UNFORTUNATLY BECAUSE THERE IS A HIGHER TYLONOL DOES IN 7.5'S IT STINKS FOR YOUR LIVER, BUT I PERSONALY HAVE BEEN SWITCHED FROM 10/650 ALL THE WAY DOWN TOE 7.5/350 AND I ONLY TAKE 1/2 A PILL 2-4 TIMES A DAY, USUALY 3 TIMES A DAY. WHEN I AM IN GREAT PAIN I MAY TAKE A FULL ONE, BUT NOT OFTEN, AND I TRY TO USE IBROPROPHEN TO HELP WITH THE PAIN TOO. UNFORTUNATLY IBROPROPHEN DOES A NUMBER ON YOUR STOMACH, BUT I WAS TOLD THAT THERE IS A NEW OVER THE CONTER PAIN KILLER THAT IS SUBBOSED TO BE BETTER ON YOUR STOMACH, USFORTUNATLY I FORGOT THE NAME. HYDROCODONE WITHDRAWEL, AND CRACK/COCKAINE WITH DRAWELS CAN BE VERY SIMULAR, BUT MY BEST ADVISE IS TO CUTT THE HYDROCODONE FIRST, AND TRY YOUR HARDEST TO CUTT THE CRACK/COCKAINE BACK GRADUALY TOO, BECAUSE BOTH AT ONCE WILL BE A LOT TO DO, AND THE HYDRO MAY BE TEH SLIGHTEST BIT EASIER. JUST DO NOT SUPLEMENT THE LACK OF HYDROCODONE WITH MORE COCKAINE PRODUCTS, THEN YOU WILL JUST ALTER YOUR DEPENDANCY, AND NOT CURE YOURSELF! SLOWLY WEAN YOURSELF OFF OF BOTH DRUGS. DO NOT LET YOUR DRUG USING FRIENDS INFLUNCE YOU TO DO OTHERWISE. IF YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE DRUG LIKE A MEDICATION THAT IS ONLY THERE TO HELP YOU STOP! DO NOT TAKE MORE, TAKE LESS AND LESS EVERYDAY UNTIL YOU FELL COMFORTABLE ENOUGH TO QUIT COLD TURKEY. REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT JUST HURTING YOURSELF, BT THE PEOPLE THAT CARE ABOUT YOU WILL FEEL HELPLESS. IT HURTS TO FEEL HELPLESS I KNOW! MY BOYFRIEND IS TURNING INTO A FULL FLEDGED CRACKHEAD, AND I CAN ONLY BE HIS FRIEND, I CAN'T BE HIS GIRLFRIEND ANYMORE, IT JSUT ISN'T FAIR TO ME! I KNOW THAT THERE ARE HERBAL SUPLEMENTS OUT THERE THAT WILL HELP WITH WITHDRAWEL, BUT I AM NOT SURE WHAT!?!?! IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO HELP HIM! I KNOW THAT REDCLOVER WILL HELP IN GETTING TOXINS OUT OF THE BODY, SO IT MAY HELP ALITTLE BIT, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO GET!

missi0115 is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by 1LngRdHome

Hi,
    As I'm sure many of us have done, for at least the past year I've scanned the forums for people like me going through the same hell. However, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it or "soak in" what I read in fear that I would "wake up". Well, here I am now after at least 2yrs addiction to hydrodones but at least 15yrs of addiction experience with several other drugs. I want to start at least by saying that by far out of all the drugs I have been addicted to (until the pills it was crack cocaine) hydrocodone has been by far the hardest hurdle for me to get over. I'm ready now and granted I'm only now on day 5 of my recovery I know in my heart and my mind (the most important thing in it all) I'm DONE. Yes, as maybe some people are thinking to themselves, I've said that before too well I know it's not going to be easy and yes it creeps into my mind too but that's the worst thought I can let happen to me is that I will fail, because then I will. Anyway, I started out drinking like most, then pot, then somewhere down the line in my late teens got into cocaine and then crack. I smoked crack for about 5 yrs but I just walked away from it one day after going through all the torture in all the years I'd been on it and I haven't looked back to it since.......10yrs sober from crack at least. After getting hooked on these damn pain pills I realized one thing, my Lord crack was a cake walk to quit (mind you I've never done >>>>>> but I have read that pain killer w/d's are pretty similar) About 6yrs ago I had a kidney stone and got my first taste of hydros, didn't really like them much then and they made me sick throughout the years I had teeth problems and well it always seemed that the dentist would dish out hydro's. Well, I didn't really develope a problem w/ them until about 2yrs ago and boy did it creep up on me. I couldn't pin point when or where I realized that they were becoming a problem but in the last 6 months my life has been hell. They became the only thing in my life and I haven't cared anything about ANYTHING but them. Obviously the reasons most of us don't quit is fear of withdrawels because they are horrific. I have ran out of them so many times in especially the last 6 months I would deal w/ withdrawals at the least twice a month for 2 & 3 days at a time. Of course I would hop right back on the horse as soon as I could get my hands on more. I was up to 20 to 30 10's a day and the last few weeks I would get sick from them and throw up but it didn't stop me from taking them. No way. They didn't even give me the feeling that I thought I used to like so much anymore. Anyway my whole point of this "novel" is that anyone out there that is going through this I hope knows they aren't alone. Like I said day 5 for me. I have found throughout that the best remedy (which only dulls the w/d's some) are as soon as you run out within 12hrs start taking aleve and immodium. This weekend someone I know (my fellow addict) found something called Kratom and I took that the first 3 days and it really seemed to help somewhat but I have stopped (not by choice) w/ the aleve's and immodiums and faired pretty well. Valium or xanax is a big help for sleep for a few days but unfortunatly I haven't any access to any and I have maybe slept literally 8 hours in 3 days and I'm probably over guessing that. I also have 2 tamgesics that I just tried the first one tonite and for the first time in weeks I cleaned up some and well joined this forum and I actually feel pretty darn good for now. My goal is only at this point to get through the next few days and from there on just go with the flow. I don't know where I'll end up but it's got to be better than where I've been, at least I hope and pray. To anyone out there know I know how you feel and that is one thing that has helped me so far, knowing I'm not alone altho no one that is close to me knows what I'm dealing with so in a literal sense I am alone but in spiritual I'm not. I probably have done a lot of rambling but realize this is at least 2yrs of a secret I have finally decided to deal with and I realize also I'm still "fresh" to this but I'm ready mentally and I think that is the biggest and hardest battle of it all, not the physical w/d's. Wish me luck everyone and pray for me as I will all of you.
    MELISSA HENDERSON

pjdz is offline New Member

WOW llngrdhome you have been thru a lot. I too have struggled for years. I am a recovering Alcoholic of 6 years, when 2 years ago I relasped when i had to take pain meds for a medical condtion. I just started the Suboxone program, 1. to help with the withdrawals, 2. it works for pain 3.it stops cravings so i can stay clean.
    I wish you the best Iam sure everyone here will agree we support you so dont give up.

PD

pjdz is offline New Member

Frist let me say good luck on your suboxone I on it myself. I have been for 20 days and it is a wonder drug. I couldn't belive how fast it stoped my withdrawals and then how it has taken my craveing away.
    The normal prescrible amount is 8mg. what they give in rehab is 2 or 4mg
    My dr started me on 2 a day then after 1 week he saw me, and since i was keeping a Patient Diary so both the dr and i could see me progess and how the sub was effecting me. he upped it to 3 a day. and the 3 a day worked better for me. I keep a diary everyday. I go back in 3 weeks and then he probably will decrease it to 2. The 3 a day make me tired. That is the only thing that i dont like, But I got my life back and if it means iam a little sleepy its worth it.

PD

PaulRemski777 is offline Junior Member

onelong road home.

What is your status after ONE YEAR...

post day 5 no word...

its ok

we love ya

Paul

Paul Remski; 16 yrs Chronic back pain patient; 4 wks post detox and returning to work as TBI rehab specialist. Email: PaulRemski@twcny.rr.com

PaulRemski777 is offline Junior Member

GENERAL POSTS TO OPIATE DEPENDENT INDIVIDUALS.

Two reasons or more for dependence on opiates (1) acute injury that turns into a chronic pain syndrome. (2) You enjoy the high,dowsiness, and like the relief of emotional pain et al. The former use when prescribed by a PA CNP or MD is legal, the latter use can be illegal. See Bret Farve's and other celebrity stories.

If you are dependent due to chronic pain..anything beyond the acute stage (3) three weeks can turn into chronicity...as neuropathways in the brain begin to send pain signals to different somatic areas for psychogenic reasons See [u]John Sarno MD The MindBody Prescription </u>or Healing Back Pain, both superior works on neuropathways and psychogenic origins of pain. ..yep its not all in your head..its in your brain!!!!

Those who are using drugs legally prescribed for treating pain, with legitamcy, not malingering...I want to encourage you to stop with the entertainment of guilt. You have a legitimate need and I would not apologize to anyone save your wife boy/girlfriend, or sig other who must bare with you in this conditon. Go to your doctor prepared with notes, and your credibiltiy will increase. Use such things that are not narcotic as microwaveable heat packs, Bed Buddy, available at Eckerds, cold packs available at dollar stores, lidocaine patches for direct application to spasms, biofeedback, acupucncture, counseling, and eye mobility training which can redirect neuropathways called EYE MOVEMENT and DESENSITIZATION and REPROCESSING (EMDR)...all prescribeable services by your physician or PA or CNP..

For those who choose to abuse drugs and are now addicted, I DO NOT JUDGE YOU. I will not patronize you with adice. Just try to find out WHY you are addicted..then seek spiritual and medical help.

I hope all chronic pain patients, drug dependent or addicted know that their are folks out there that care, most on this forum. I return to work on 11/20, working with brain injured individuals in counseling, voc rehab and cog rehab. I look forward to more dialogue on this forum

Kind regards,
    Paul Remski

Paul Remski; 16 yrs Chronic back pain patient; 4 wks post detox and returning to work as TBI rehab specialist. Email: PaulRemski@twcny.rr.com

Haviva is offline New Member

Hi. I am new to the forum. I'm now clean l8 months from benzos and oxycodone. I know you can do it llngrdhome, cause I did! Unfortunately I did it in a rehab called Narconon which Debbie mentioned. I would not recommend this program to anyone. They are run and owned by the Church of Scientology. They prey on people who are vulnerable and who is more vulnerable than someone going through drug withdrawl? They used unsafe medical practices like a "clean detox"--vitamins no drugs. It's like going cold turkey. They don't believe in psychaitry and took me off the antidepressant Paxil cold turkey. It was a horrible, horrible experience.I hardly slept for over 2 months. They also use unsafe procedures such as a "purification program" which sounds good on the outside but can be fatal--it's a "sauna program" where you are in the sauna for 5 hours a day with 5 minute breaks every 20 minutes. They say it gets the drugs out of your body and prevents future cravings. Many people experienced drug flashbacks and went totally nuts. Others had severely high blood pressure and there was talk of people who suffered strokes in another one of their detoxes. I can't say enough how dangerous this place is! I suggest before looking into it look at the website, "Stop Narconon" on Operation Clambake. It may save your life.

I didn't seek out a l2 Step Program until after I was clean from the drugs. There are several good online sites to get started if you don't want to face meetings in person just yet. wwww.pillsanonymous.com is one, another is http://stayingcyber.org/forum. Check them out they offer support to anyone wanting to get off drugs or alcohol. Again, you can do this and I wish you strength and courage. I think the hardest part is over and if each day isn't better, it will be different. Hang in there! Haviva