Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
Methadone for pain
    markymark617 is offline New Member

Default ya they come in 40's 10's and 5's but if you have the 40's then you have four 10mg pi

Quote Originally Posted by mpvt View Post
    Yes you're right about the 40mg waffer.I was thinking of here in Canada but even that has now changed.You can order methadone pills in Canada and they are called Metadol,they come in 5,10 and 25mg pills.I have the 25mg pills ordered for me for breakthru pain.I'm only allowed 1 aweek as we are just trying it out.I'll let you guys know how they work.So far I would have to say they work pretty good but I've only taken 2 doses........Dave
    ya i take 160 daily for pain, (4, 40 mgs a day) which come from cvs in a sealed pharmacy bottle of 100 diskettes and a cvs rx bottle with 20 more diskettes in it. For pain, by my PCP on a prescription, not a clinic for addiction. (qty 120). Just saying and i live in the N.E. U.S. for what its worth...

rivercrow is offline New Member

Hi everyone. I live in Sweden and I'm new to drugs. Com. Thanks for having me. For quite some time I've been reading up on all there is about methadone. I've had 100mg methadone pills a day for about 8 mo. I followed the prescription. I had it prescribed for orthopedic pains and pancreatitis chronic. The methadone almost killed me during this time. I gained enormous weight in just two months. By cholesterol and triglycerides samples sky rocketed until I was a walking stroke bomb. I have spent 6 mo in bed from being ill by the methadone. Finally I got them to help me taper out. I couldn't stop without help cause the stress might have led me to heart failure. I'm now in zero methadone since 17 days. And the withdrawals and all the hormone change I'm going through are dreadful. I do have 200mg of slow emitting morphine a day to counteract wd and pains. Still I'm a total mess. It takes ages to get rid of the poison. Be very careful with methadone. You migyt be in for the worst nightmare of your life. It bites itself into your cells. And even if countertaking other opiates after some time, it might not help. I had high hopes of getting rid of pain by methadone. I have never felt worse in my life. Had I continued for a few more months I am sure I'd be dead before soon. All the best to u all.

SimplyBeth is offline New Member

Hi folks!
    I found you all tonight and have been reading with interest. I am now in my second week of withdrawal from 40 milligrams of methadone today.

I have made many problems in my life but this has been the hardest thing I've ever done ever! I was a health professional and social worker and this has got to be the hardest thing I've eve speak with here I don't know anymore and I don't sleep I don't eat anythingr had to do.

The panic is extreme freezing cold you name it but I think the anxiety is the worst ever! the pain is also crushing and I need some help maybe someone to

Default help!

Ok it showed my message posted and then it said it was too short. But I'm really bad shape due to a pain doc who'd just tossed me out the door with a bottle of methadone I've been on it a year and a half at 40 milligrams per day. along with some oxy for breakthrough pain but this is the worst most horrific thing I've ever been through I didn't the panic is the worst I spend days just crying! I am almost through my second week of however I still feel very very bad especially the panic perhaps just a kind word from someone here? I'm in Maine and I'm here for you all. Please excuse typos I voice type do to my hands and other things that are full of excruciating pain all the time

Be well!

Oh hell! And posted both. Oh well just consider me a new and stupid from Maine LOL actually no I'm not stupid but I feel it right now. :-)

Hello! I used to live right near you Not all that far away from Sweden now I'm in the US where I'm from. I don't want to be but I can tell you that methadone is nasty it's not good for you and I'm going through all of the >>>> with withdrawals right now! perhaps we could speak to each other emails or somethin be well!,

kyle84 is offline New Member

In fact, how much you should take depends on how many times you are prescribed to take methadone for your back pain. Can you tell how severe it is? If it is not much severe, I think you should try different alternatives like natural remedies. If yours is severe, you can use it. Roughly, 20-25 mg is safe depending on your physical condition.

tidyup is offline New Member

Default I'm new and confused

I posted a question here to someones comment and I don't know how to find it. Would someone please tell me how to search please.
    thanks a bunch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12