mylan >> sandoz
    flaguy is offline New Member

Default mylan >> sandoz

I just switched from mylan to sandoz, noticed a big difference in looks. I just put the sandoz on this a.m about 9. waiting for it to start working. 50mg sandoz. will this work the same as the mylan? anyone know if there will be a lag between patches because of the different manufactor?

Thanks[?]

SilverTears is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by flaguy

I just switched from mylan to sandoz, noticed a big difference in looks. I just put the sandoz on this a.m about 9. waiting for it to start working. 50mg sandoz. will this work the same as the mylan? anyone know if there will be a lag between patches because of the different manufactor?

Thanks[?]
    Hi,

I haven't posted for quite a while, and if someone could tell me how to reply without using quote, I would appreciate it.

I want to try to give you some info, but I don't know if it will help since everyone is different. If I am off base maybe someone will correct me.

I am on 25mcg mylan fentnayl and also a 12mcg janssen. I know you're not on janssen, but maybe it will be about the same anyway. I'm not sure if you mean you put the very first patch on this morning, or the first one by a different manufacturer. If you put it on the first time, it will take a while for it to take effect. I'm not sure about sandoz, but I don't notice any difference between mylan and janssen.

I'm coming off the patches and it's taking a long time to do it. I started with 100mcg mylan, three months later I went down to 50mcg, now I'm on the 25mcg mylan and 12 janssen, as I mentioned. I hope to make another cut at the end of this month or the first of Feb. Then I would be using only the 25mcg mylan. If that goes smooth three months later I would go down to the 12mcg janssens only. The off of them completely or with the suckers.

I do think you will find them helpful in treating your pain. I was amazed at all the things I had to learn about them during the last year and a half. I was prepping the area with alcohol and found out that was a no no. Soap and water and making sure the skin is dry is all I'm supposed to do. It's safe to use baby oil for the adhesive marks. I wear mine on my upper back and haven't had any trouble with them sticking. I do have to have my dh change them for me though.

I hope you have good luck and I wish you the best.
    Take Care....ST[size=3]

I will not walk in front of you. I will not walk behind you. I will walk beside you as your equal.

sheryl_07 is offline New Member

Silvertears, thanks for sharing your own ordeal; it helped a lot.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-11-2010 at 04:13 PM.