NA
    girlie girl is offline Member

Default NA

Does anyone know about any NA group in memphis,tn? I have never been to a meeting. I'm scared.

Girlie Girl

SJerseyBill is offline New Member

Girlie Girl;
    I assume you have access to the internet or you wouldn't be on here. Just type in NA Memphis,TN and you should get the info you're looking for. I have heard that AA is actually better, but I don't know from experience. Be aware though, I used to take some of my old drug buddies to these meetings(just drove them - didn't go in). They were there court ordered not of their own will, and every time we got new drug connections. A lot of people go to these meeeting to satisfy legal obligations or it looks good when they're going to court on a drug related matter. So alot of people are still well entrenched in the lifestyle and have no thoughts of quitting. A lot of these people are dealers, and these meeting are like a recruitment opportunity.

girlie girl is offline Member

Thanks SJerseyBill! So do you think NA is a bunch of drugies trying to score? I have heard that from a few other people too. I don't think I'm going to go. Thats all I need...Go somewhere to get better and get offered some pills. Thanks for the info. [:X]

Girlie Girl

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

quote:Originally posted by girlie girl

Thanks SJerseyBill! So do you think NA is a bunch of drugies trying to score? I have heard that from a few other people too. I don't think I'm going to go. Thats all I need...Go somewhere to get better and get offered some pills. Thanks for the info. [:X]

Girlie Girl

I have been to many NA meetings and in the meetings that I went to there was people there that actually was trying to stay clean.The meetings help me alot,can't speak for anyone else.

kyhomegirl is offline Member

In my sisters case, NA was the BEST thing she could have done. She had nobody to help her stay clean. She met a whole bunch of people she now calls friends, and they do so many activities together. It helps her focus on things to do not high (which she has never done in 15 years of using.)