In and out for 15 years
    painterinpain is offline New Member

Default In and out for 15 years

Hi to everyone. I have been in and out of pain management for 15 years. I finally switched to subutex and ibuprofen for pain management and opiate dependence.

I was doing well until the tables turned. Tennessee laws changed: subutex is now only for pregnant women or those few fortunate ones... I am allergic to naloxone and cannot take suboxone other bup/naloxone combo meds. However, I reluctantly tried Zubsolve 5.7 and had and accident. I fell 24 feet off a ladder and shattered my left ankle. I am 7 months post surgery and back in pain management.

Life is a real roller coaster ride. My wife is disabled and terminally ill. I'm searching hard for work. I can take my meds, put on a happy mask, and function. However, my head is a mess. It's like a bad neighborhood: a dangerous place to go alone!

I live on oxycodone and morphine for a few months and then my Dr. switches the morphine ER to opana ER. It's a back and forth cycle to keep the opaite receptors satisfied and the severe crippling pain in check. I have the shattered ankle; degenerating discs in my cervical, lumbar, and sacral spine; spinal stenosis, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and 7 badly healed fractured vertebrae. Everything except the shattered ankle stems for a 130mph auto collision in the spring of 2001. I was hit by a drunk and high driver.

Believe it or not, I still drive and do light work when I can find it. I just wonder if anyone else feels the same??? I guess I am venting and would love to hear from all interested in commenting.

Respectfully,
    Painterinpain

painterinpain is offline New Member

Does anyone feel the roller coaster ride from the drugs? I am opiate dependent, not an addict, it all just seems so crazy. I have been reading here on and off for 2 years. This is my first post. i would really like to hear from anyone in the same boat. I still go to an occasional NA or AA meeting just to feel like I belong somewhere.

marley3206 is offline New Member

oh yea,it sucks.somtimes really bad!. ive been on everything from Norco 10/325 to fentynal patches 100 mcg.,morphene er&ir,i think we are all dependent on something or other,just goes with the territory

This is for both Painterinpain, and marley3206, yes, I can relate,very much so!
    Since falling more than 50' while working at Sam's Club in 1992, I have been sent on a downward spiral of debilitating pain. Years of fighting for relief and going through my local Pain Clinic 3x, I am now on a regiment of MS Contin 60mg, x 2 a day, and 100mg 1x at night. I also take 30mg, Oxycodone x 2 for break-thru pain! I am living with Chronic Back Pain from DDD, Scoliosis, Sciatica, ( Med's don't even touch the pain ) Arthritis, Spinal Stenosis and Fibromyalgia and last but not least, Severe Migraines! Now there are these people who haven't a clue dictating how much a person is allowed to take, and even worse saying that the Opioids aren't the best for chronic pain! So yes, I know the roller coaster ride with pain meds, but without them I would not be able to function properly and enjoy my life. So as far as I'm concerned, they have been a life saver for me! I for one will continue to fight for the right to be pain free and I know the difference between an addict and someone who depends on medication to function in a so called normal way. I've weighed the pro's and cons and the fact that the pro's outweigh the cons is a no-brainer! Sure I have too many days where my meds don't touch my pain, but overall I am very blessed to have a great doctor who works for my behalf! She has been a Godsend as far as I'm concerned! I wish you both nothing but the best and I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
    Fighting for the right to live normally is an ongoing issue and I will continue to keep fighting for others as well! After working since the age of 15yrs old, and now being on Disability is still an issue for me know come to grips! All in all I have been blessed, because I have become closer to God and I have been able to see the blessings of my chronic illness! Take care, both of you and I am going to be praying for you both!
    Sincerely yours,
    Ekkostar