Palladone™ - Approved But Can't Be Prescribed Yet?
    dsturgeon is offline New Member

Default Palladone™ - Approved But Can't Be Prescribed Yet?

<center>In response to the recently FDA approved pain medication Palladone™, I have a question I'm hoping one of our resident geniuses can answer. I visited Purdue Pharma's website (http://www.pharma.com/html/Our_produ...r_products.htm) and looked over all the information I possibly could but couldn't find any information on it's availability yet in the U.S. I did see that it was approved but it's not yet available but later read that that only pertains to retail pharmacies. Does that mean that a written prescription can be filled at hospital pharmcies? Maybe I don't know what exactly makes a pharmacy retail to begin with.

I don't know about all of you long-time persistant pain sufferers but this medication may just be the light at the end of a never ending tunnel I've been looking for (granted my doctor will perscribe it). I've been on countless amounts of pain medication from Oxycontin & MS-Contin to Vicodin and Percocet and they leave little to be desired. Like many of you, I suffer from chronic back pain that stems from degenerative disc disease, bulging discs, central canal narrowing and to top it all off, a pinch of the good ol' sciatic nerve. And again, like many of you, I've been laughed at by a handful of doctors for ever requesting anything with the word "narcotic" attached to it. I've been through the hell of paying $100 to see a doctor just to walk out of their office w/a script for a NSAID (non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug). Palladone just may be the one pill I can take, live happy and return to the life I once lived.

Anywho...if anyone can shed some light on my question, it would be helpful. Also, I'd like to read your stories and how Palladone may improve your quality of life. If you're reading this right now, please reply

C-YA
    Dale[)]

PS: if you are interested in learning more about Palladone, click the link I supplied at the beginning of this thread. If you scroll down, you'll see a link to click on that will open up Adobe Acrobat. This is all the information you'll need.</center>

~Proud owner of chronic back pain w/a pinch of sciatica since 2000!~

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Have you tried methadone, it is an exellent pain killer.Like you I have a mirror image of your back problem plus 4 surgeries(I didn't know if you had any yet).I tried for over 20 years to find a narcotic pain killer that would help me. I took demerol(meperidine) for 8 years,it actually helped me but I ended up having a siezure and had to quit taking it.From there I tried everything,diludid,morphine,oxycontin ect.Finally I ended up on morphine for 10 years.By the time I went on methadone I was taking 2500-3000 mgs of morphine/day and all it did was depress me.I now take 360mgs of methadone/day (split dose,230mgs/morning then mgs/night).I can't believe the difference it has made,I'm even back to work part time.I don't know if you've looked into this med but it's worth a shot.

P.S. I'm going to go and read the info you sent.......Dave

sleuth is offline Member

Palladone Capsules are expected to be available in retail pharmacies (standard pharmacies where you get your prescriptions filled) in the first half of 2005.

manx651 is offline New Member

It may have just been approved by the FDA, but is not available yet for distribution , but it shouldn't take that long if that's the case. A pharmacy is a pharmacy. If it is available, it makes no difference what type of pharmacy it is. Hope that info helps you. Not familiar with palladone.

ganaste44 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by dsturgeon

<center>In response to the recently FDA approved pain medication Palladone™, I have a question I'm hoping one of our resident geniuses can answer. I visited Purdue Pharma's website (http://www.pharma.com/html/Our_produ...r_products.htm) and looked over all the information I possibly could but couldn't find any information on it's availability yet in the U.S. I did see that it was approved but it's not yet available but later read that that only pertains to retail pharmacies. Does that mean that a written prescription can be filled at hospital pharmcies? Maybe I don't know what exactly makes a pharmacy retail to begin with.
    I also suffer from chronic back pain due to a bad car accident in 1989. I'm lucky I didn't die but my back problems have been increasing. All these docs are afraid to prescribe pain meds yet my doc has me on lipitor & after 2 months I was exibiting symptoms that I understand could be fatal... sever skeletal & muscular pain. Yet she took me off lipitor for 3 weeks & now has me back on it.She gave me a script for vicoprofen.. 20 tabs a month & acts like I'm an addict if i run out a few days early. I'm always honest with her & tell her if I have had to take 2 or 3 in one day. Now, with being back on the lipitor, my pain is so much worse that the vics don't work at all. ( Plus the cold weather has set in which always makes things worse, I used to go live in central america in the winter where its warmer & you can get any med you need if you are mearly polite & honest). I'm afraid to tell my doc that the bad side effects of the lipitor are returning & that the vicoprefen isn't working. I may as well eat M & M's. I also found out that the amount of ibuprophen or acetominiphen in these drugs are more harmful than the narcotic. What is going on???? So we live in pain & eventually die of liver or renal failure. How cool is that? I thought I saw some posts about online pharmacies but they are gone now, or I just can't find them. I've never heard of Palladone but I'd like to know more. Any info on palladone or online pharmacies would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to do research about online pharmacies but with my back I cam
    n't stay online long. Somedays I can manage to get here at all. Thanx, ganaste44
    I don't know about all of you long-time persistant pain sufferers but this medication may just be the light at the end of a never ending tunnel I've been looking for (granted my doctor will perscribe it). I've been on countless amounts of pain medication from Oxycontin & MS-Contin to Vicodin and Percocet and they leave little to be desired. Like many of you, I suffer from chronic back pain that stems from degenerative disc disease, bulging discs, central canal narrowing and to top it all off, a pinch of the good ol' sciatic nerve. And again, like many of you, I've been laughed at by a handful of doctors for ever requesting anything with the word "narcotic" attached to it. I've been through the hell of paying $100 to see a doctor just to walk out of their office w/a script for a NSAID (non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug). Palladone just may be the one pill I can take, live happy and return to the life I once lived.

Anywho...if anyone can shed some light on my question, it would be helpful. Also, I'd like to read your stories and how Palladone may improve your quality of life. If you're reading this right now, please reply

C-YA
    Dale[)]

PS: if you are interested in learning more about Palladone, click the link I supplied at the beginning of this thread. If you scroll down, you'll see a link to click on that will open up Adobe Acrobat. This is all the information you'll need.</center>

~Proud owner of chronic back pain w/a pinch of sciatica since 2000!~

ganaste44 is offline New Member

Sorry, I haven't been on in awhile & I obviosly messed something up. I am also a chronic back pain sufferer due to a car accident in 1989. I fractured & displaced 6 vertebre in my upper back. Over the years the pain has become progressively worse. Last diagnosis was desinigrated discs, bone spurs & a bunch of other stuff. I haven't heard of palladone yet but I will check out your info when I'm done here. I live in New England & in the last 2 years or so it has become VERY DIFFICULT to get any doc to prescribe any pain meds due to the high trafficing in Oxycontin. My doc now has me taking lipitor for my cholesteral & I am having severe skeletal & muscular pain that I have read is a severe side effect which can be fatal. I need to research this more. My doc took me off the lipitor for about 3 weeks, now has me taking it again at 1/2 the previous dose. I feel like >>>>. She also allows me 20 vicoprfen for the pain but it doesn't touch it. I may as well eat pez or something. I am always honest with my doc yet if I tell her I've run out of the vics a bit early she acts like I'm a drug addict. Also, I don't know if you all are aware of this, but ibuprofen & acetominiphen will destroy your liver & kidneys over time. So here I am, in pain, with potencially fatal side effects from lipitor, destroying my entrales with over the counter drugs & docs are worried about narcotic addiction & abuse! These other compounds are more dangeous than opiates! I think I would rather live a little longer with quality of life than die from some side effect from this lipitor etc. I thought I saw some posts about online pharmacies but I can't find them now. Any advice or feedback would be gratly appreciated!
    ganaste44

mathew davies is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by sleuth

Palladone Capsules are expected to be available in retail pharmacies (standard pharmacies where you get your prescriptions filled) in the first half of 2005.
    M DAVIEW

anhalonium9 is offline New Member

why don't you try immediate release hydomorphone(as Dilaudid or generic) first. see if it is more effective than hydo, oxy, or morphine. if it works better than you should consider the new 24 hr. formulation. it's the same medicine. just because it's a new pill doesn't mean it will work better or be a magic bullet. it's just more convienent. purdue is probably trying too make more money because the patent ran out on Oxys, i bet. palladone has been available overseas (UK) for years, and so has Dilaudid.

you should look into methadone, like mpvt says. it has some unique properties that sometimes make it more effective than conventional opiod preparations.

barkerbiker is offline New Member

I have read your posting and my doctor just perscribed me to take Palladone 12 mg what i want to know is how does it compair to the oxycottin that you have taken in the past because that is exactly what i have been taking also

johnny barker

Twinkee is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by barkerbiker

I have read your posting and my doctor just prescribed me to take Palladone 12 mg what i want to know is how does it compair to the oxycottin that you have taken in the past because that is exactly what i have been taking also

johnny barker
    As I understand it, Palladone is 10x's stronger than Oxycontin, that is a quote from the maker.

kathyharr is offline Junior Member

WOW...looks like we are in the same boat [xx(]...i have had doctor's to tell me it's all in my head....my last doctor was pregnant and i just wanted to shout,"DON'T TAKE NOTHING FOR PAIN WHEN THAT BABY COME'S YOU MAKE GET ADDICTED"...let her see what a lot of us goes through on a daily basis...
    ..i just want to slap them silly...read my post "Pain Clinic's Closing"....wishing you the best of luck...keep us posted,okay.

my prayers are with all of you....thank you kathy