spine stimulator
    recordsclerk is offline New Member

Default spine stimulator

My husband has been on several medications for pain in his legs due to a motorcycle accident 5 yrs ago. His pain Dr. wants to put in a spine stimulator to stop his pain. Does anyone know anything about them?

verwon is offline New Member

I found several articles about it using the Google search engine, here's one with some info:

http://www.spineuniverse.com/display...ticle1612.html

Angel Eyes is offline New Member

I see you actually asked this question a while back but I thought I would give what little feedback I have on it. I have had a trial spinal stimulator unit attached to my back and it was a great success! The only problem was the insurance company took me for the ride of my life and made it impossible for me to receive the final surgery for the permanent implant. This was last year. I have a different insurance now and will have to undergo everything again, from MRI's to enduring another trial attachment surgery just to see if the insurance company will pay for the permanent implant. They will not just come right out and approve it because of the money involved. So they spend more money on trials hoping it won't work on you so they can get out of paying for it. Since I have a better carrier I hope I will not be treated the same way this time. I was basically lied to last time and too tired and ill to pursue this injustice with the insurance commissioner, so they got away with it. But I figure, if God wanted it to work out he would have stepped in and helped me, so maybe it wasn't meant to be last time.

I am still very fightend about the surgery. I hate down time. I have M.S. and alot of down time anyway, but my doctor has persuaded me to try it again. I have agreed because if it works like it is suppose to, I can get off of most of the pain medication, this will improve my attitude and mental/emotional state. Which in turn will help improve the quality of my life. Hopefully, I will want to do more things and get out more, there are alot of positives. My doctors surgical record is outstanding and I have confidence in his ability. I will have the surgery in a month or two, will let you know how it went. (if insurance comes through, that is) [:X]