Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Skelo
Suboxone To Jump or Not to Jump?
    Skelo is offline New Member

Default Suboxone To Jump or Not to Jump?

Ok so I've been reading this forum for over 2 years now along with many other forums on different sites. I feel like this one has the most communal feel of any forum I've read. Also, that it gives the best information. I have never posted once in 2 years so I think its time I give it a try.

So here it goes...Back in 2008 I started using percocets and liked them so much that every night I partied (almost every night as I was in college) I had to get some percs or the whole night would feel ruined. So then after this opiate seeking behavior began you can imagine what happened. I started to find connections to Oxycontin. I started using around 30 mg a day insuffalated and as my tolerance rose by 6 months I was using an 80 a day. Being a college student I had yo lie or whatever to get my drugs and hated myself for it. But oxycontin had plans for me to keep the party alive until about 2010 when on my college graduation night I had one last adventure doing my normal dose of 120 mg by that point.

I decided I had no control and had tried the 12 step program via a rehab clinic in 2007 for other drugs such as blow and xanax. I didn't want to see those people again as I was much worse off now. Therefore, I became inducted into suboxone. Started at 16 mg but quickly decided that this dose was way too high and made me sleepy and nasueas. So i quickly brought myself down to around 4 mg which made me feel energetic and I loved it.

Three months passed and I started working in a highly energy driven retail sales environment, so long story short the subs complemented my job and over the first 2 years i weened down to 1 mg of sub. This past year however which is the 3rd year I have been here i weened down to .5 mg but got stuck for months. I want off bad cuz i want to feel again and not have to act like im laughing all the time with everyone. No connection to people anymore. Not to mention the constipation never subsides even at .5 mg.

Almost done sorry so long. So 3 days ago i dropped to .25 mg of sub and so far ive been great! However, I am off for the next 6 days from work so i tried to jump last night only taking .125 mg that morning and skipping my .125 dose that night as i had been doing for the 3 days prior to this. Wow! I withdrew hard as hell! I couldn't get the least bit comfortable and finally gave in at 3 am taking that .125 piece.

My question. ...should i try and make the jump again since i have 6 days off and just power through it? Or should i taper to .125 over my 6 day vacation and jump at a later date from a smaller dose? Been on it for going on 4 years now so would like off asap!

Thanks guys and sorry so long...

I am not sure if i posted this to the right category. It was my first post. Could a mod put it in its right place please?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Theres not much action in this category. You may have to copy and paste your thread in the Suboxone section or Need to Talk side of the forum. More members will surely see it in either one of those places.

As for your question of whether to jump or not - it's a real tough call to make and has to be your decison alone. You are at a low enough dose now to make a successful jump. Most it seems get to that dose and either skip days or jump. You may give the day skipping a consideration?

You would take your regular .25mg dose (or lower dose if you taper) and skip the next day. Dose the following day and skip the next 2 days. Dose again and skip 3 days. Dose one final time and that's it - finsihed!

Of course you could also taper lower as you mentioned and see how that goes. The thing is, there is no easy way out of this. It won't be horrible by any means no matter what you do, but you should expect a few symptoms as you're getting off a very strong drug in the subs. It's a small price to pay for our freedom.

You have to fight, and you really have to WANT it.

Switch your thread over to one of the other sections. You should begin to get many more replys. Good luck to you and continue to post updates. Lots of support here. People really do care.

melindau is offline Member

Hi Skelo
    No Dont jump off at this point... I think it would be better to taper down ..if I read this right you have been on subs for some time now...If it was me I would take the smallest dose that you got down to for 4 or 5 days and then drop again..
    keep us posted on how your doing it will help you more than you know....
    Your gonna make it, Melinda

Hey guys thank you so much for your posts! It really does mean a lot. So i havent taken anything in 20 hours and the last piece i took was .125 mg at 3 am last night. So far not too bad. But this is only 20 hours in. I am going to try and make it through tonight and if it gets too bad i will take a .125 sliver so that would put me on Randy's plan of skipping the days. However, if I can tough it out Im going to keep chugging along. Nightime is what gets me. I freak out when the house is quiet and i cant sleep left with my own thoughts and wanting to jump clean out of my skin. Btw, i have an old prescription of trazodone. Would that help with this acute withdrawal period? And i dont have issues with diarrhea or anything yet so should i take immodium? I heard it can help in general as well.

I will keep yall posted! Thanks for the support. I actually read both of your posts and my motivation doubled!
    melindau and littlegem1 like this.