Suboxone My Experience
    laup is offline New Member

Default Suboxone My Experience

Day #1

History: Been taking 50-60 hydro 10/325 a day for the last 5+ years. Decided to give Suboxone a try. Went to the doctor a week ago and got my prescription. He said this wouldn't be a problem and I would be able to withdrawl with out a problem. I then got on the boards to find out that it might not be that easy. I got scared. I took my last supply of Hydro lastnight at 5pm. One thing I was scared about was taking the sub too early. I read many stories about taking it too early which got me worried as well. So I took my last hydro at 5pm yesterday and said goodbye to both a freind and enemy of mine for the last 5-6 years. I need to work and support my family so I was really nervous about what I was to embark upon. Especialy after reading many stories that weren't very favorable. I had no choice I'm on a trip and puposely didn't bring anymore hydro and away we go. I took my first half tab of suboxone at 1pm today saturday. Doctor told me to take a half every 45 min until I felt fine. I took a half tab every 30 min until I had taken 2 tablets (8mg each). Suprisingly I feel fine, not the same but if this is the worse this will be better than I expected. I was feeling pretty bad prior to taking the sub and its been 3 1/2 hours and I'm fine. A little lathargick, tired, but the aches and all the others pains of withdrawl are gone. I was told to stay at this level for 8 days and then taper down a 1/4 tab every 3 days. That's my plan.

So here we go. If intersted let me know and I'll keep everyone updated. You've all been a help in making this decision. Till then here's hoping for the best but not knowing what every day will bring. But most of all here's hoping I get my life back.

laup is offline New Member

Day #3

Well today starts my 3rd day and all I've had are minimal side affects. The worst being a little tired. I'm still able to work and fulfill the rest of my duties.

So far I'm pleasantly surprised and happy with the results. If this continues as I ween down I will be extremely happy that I choose this meathod.

The cost to go on it wasn't terrible and I can continue to function as a father and employee without any disruption.

Here's hoping

anrob11 is offline Junior Member

Hello laup

Congratulations on making the decision to give up your "friend and enemy" and having the courage to use Suboxone to get your life back together - YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

I made the switch to Suboxone 22 days ago and I have no regrets whatsoever, the only negative side effect I have had consistently is feeling tired all the time. My dose is 8mg-2mg , 1 tablet two times per day. [|)]

You mentioned you went "on the board" for info. on Suboxone - not quite sure what you meant, but there are 3 Suboxone specific Forums under the "Painkillers and Addictions" Topic. The first is the one I started named "Suboxone" - of course I highly recommend this one - particularly if you want to know my story [^] ,the second is "Suboxone Treatment" - can't remember the third at this time. Good information on all 3 about other's experience with Suboxone - visit them if you haven't already.

Keep in touch ... Tony [8D]

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll