TIME TO STOP,, TIME TO STOP????? Please READ
    daddyguy is offline New Member

Default TIME TO STOP,, TIME TO STOP????? Please READ

Reading time to STOP you going to think im wanting to stop taking pills. BUT what STOP im talking about is the FDA,POLICE and all who are involved in all the wrong changes. To get to my point,,,,,, (and most of you not going to like this) Im one of many that TRULY need and got to have pain meds to try to function daily as close to normal as possible. I was ran over by a truck 2005 and I will be in pain till the day i die. But most people who get pain meds dont need them and you are the problem for the ones who need them. I dont know the answer of how to separate the ones who need and the ones who dont. What I do know is something has got to stop making it harder for us to get when we really need them. Its not right to cause all this for the true patients. Goverment people listen, You have no idea as to having to live daily in severe pain. Now its time to step back and realize that your plan isnt working. You only making it harder for the patients, street prices higher, doctors being made to make bad decisions, crime rates rising, on and on, BUT number one is that all this is hurting the patients who dont need or deserve facing more B$%^ S@()^ just to try and have a life. I could have wrote a 1000 pages about this but I hope my point is made. Im just wanting things not to get worse its already far to hard and crazy already. Come on doctors dont label everyone a pill head.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by daddyguy View Post
    Reading time to STOP you going to think im wanting to stop taking pills. BUT what STOP im talking about is the FDA,POLICE and all who are involved in all the wrong changes. To get to my point,,,,,, (and most of you not going to like this) Im one of many that TRULY need and got to have pain meds to try to function daily as close to normal as possible. I was ran over by a truck 2005 and I will be in pain till the day i die. But most people who get pain meds dont need them and you are the problem for the ones who need them. I dont know the answer of how to separate the ones who need and the ones who dont. What I do know is something has got to stop making it harder for us to get when we really need them. Its not right to cause all this for the true patients. Goverment people listen, You have no idea as to having to live daily in severe pain. Now its time to step back and realize that your plan isnt working. You only making it harder for the patients, street prices higher, doctors being made to make bad decisions, crime rates rising, on and on, BUT number one is that all this is hurting the patients who dont need or deserve facing more B$%^ S@()^ just to try and have a life. I could have wrote a 1000 pages about this but I hope my point is made. Im just wanting things not to get worse its already far to hard and crazy already. Come on doctors dont label everyone a pill head.

By the way, MOST people who are prescribed narcotics DO need them; you've got your statistics wrong.

Given the nature of narcotics - how they easily lend a person to tolerance (i.e., requiring more of the drug to gain the same pain relief) - and how addictive they are by nature - MANY chronic pain patients become addicted quite innocently. Myself included. Just because a person has REAL pain and is being legally prescribed medication from their own doctor does NOT keep them "safe" from addiction. It happens ALL the time - there are hundreds of them on this forum at any given time, seeking help.

YES - I (and many, many others here) DO know how it is to live with severe chronic pain. I've had chronic severe migraines for decades. But I became addicted to these medications, which is not unusual or uncommon. So I wore out the soles of my shoes seeking out a dozen forms of help that do not require the use of regular narcotics. Yes, I experience severe pain WITHOUT turning to a narcotic for relief. So do many others on this forum. We refuse to live a life under the control of these drugs, and we find ways to manage.

I do not understand why the actions of those who are taking these drugs for so-called "recreation" would affect a valid chronic pain patient, such as yourself. If you have a legitimate diagnosis that warrants narcotic pain relievers - and you stick with ONE doctor who knows you and follows you closely - then you shouldn't have a problem being prescribed the meds you need.

I am curious - just how are recreational drug users making it more difficult for you, personally?

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

why45 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARTIST658 View Post

By the way, MOST people who are prescribed narcotics DO need them; you've got your statistics wrong.

Given the nature of narcotics - how they easily lend a person to tolerance (i.e., requiring more of the drug to gain the same pain relief) - and how addictive they are by nature - MANY chronic pain patients become addicted quite innocently. Myself included. Just because a person has REAL pain and is being legally prescribed medication from their own doctor does NOT keep them "safe" from addiction. It happens ALL the time - there are hundreds of them on this forum at any given time, seeking help.

YES - I (and many, many others here) DO know how it is to live with severe chronic pain. I've had chronic severe migraines for decades. But I became addicted to these medications, which is not unusual or uncommon. So I wore out the soles of my shoes seeking out a dozen forms of help that do not require the use of regular narcotics. Yes, I experience severe pain WITHOUT turning to a narcotic for relief. So do many others on this forum. We refuse to live a life under the control of these drugs, and we find ways to manage.

I do not understand why the actions of those who are taking these drugs for so-called "recreation" would affect a valid chronic pain patient, such as yourself. If you have a legitimate diagnosis that warrants narcotic pain relievers - and you stick with ONE doctor who knows you and follows you closely - then you shouldn't have a problem being prescribed the meds you need.

I am curious - just how are recreational drug users making it more difficult for you, personally?
    I have a Chiari Malformation, it's mild but enough to cause ALOT of problems. I black out, get headaches, severe neck pains, and I've been getting severe stabbing pains in my gut, I went in awhile ago for it, it was a 8 on a scale of 0-10. They found nothing and discharged me after giving me a shot of morphine. 3 days later I got a letter, (very brief) saying they found what they thought was a benign nodule in the base of my left lung. I still don't know for sure yet about what is causing the pain.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-01-2015 at 02:25 PM.

kmichelle is offline New Member

I agree 100 percent, I am on your side it is people out there that are playing the Dr's when the people that truly need medication to try to live a somewhat normal life, unfortunately I will never have that chance i was diagnosed with Chaira malformation type 1 with a 5mm mass so I am awaiting surgery however with this type of surgery there are no guarantees