Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Sunshine1112
  • 2 Post By Sadmommy13
  • 1 Post By christabus
  • 1 Post By JeffRob887
Very Alone
    Tamsorchid22 is offline New Member

Default Very Alone

This is the first time Ive been on here. I guess I as looking for a open discussion group does anyone know of such a thing? I am alone day after day and I have severe back issues and can't get out to drive anywhere. I don't have any friends or family. I have a great husband but he works 9:30am until 10:00 to 12:00 pm. I have tried to get help from my church but to no avail. I recently went off almost all my mediations I just cannot afford them. I just need some friends.

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Lots of people aroud here. Just start posting and chime in on other threads as well. What's your story? How many days out are you? How are you feeling?
    robina87 and Sadmommy13 like this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

There is a lot of support here..

Keep posting people will chime in..
    What were you on?
    How many days off?
    Symptoms?
    Take care
    I will check back later
    Iluv2

Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the friendliest place in the world! If you are in need of support, this board is full of it. You can post the good, the bad, and the ugly here, and no one will be anything but supportive. There is also an infinite amount of great advice when it comes to going off meds. There are many clean, happy, posters on this board who can help you so much from their experiences. Just start reading thread of others, and you will certainly find someone who can relate to what you are going through. All of us probably can relate, actually. Keep posting here, and you will find help, support, and some really great friends. I've been posting for just over 2 months, and honestly, my best friends right now came from this board. We all start here as strangers, but now I have truly connected with people here, even though we are long-distance friends, we love and support each other through thick and thin. You have come to the right place. Hope you keep reading and posting! It really helps!
    robina87 and Sunshine1112 like this.

mindcontrol is offline New Member

This is also my first time on here, but I have been reading posts for about 2 years now. I want to thank everyone that has ever posted on here because each and every one of your posts (good and bad) helped me become 3 months free of oxycodone. I would read the posts while high trying to figure out way to make the high last without increasing my dosage which was anywhere between 40-150 mg per day.....everyday. I would tell myself I "had it under control" until I found myself doings things way beyond my character just to get high. I knew it was time to stop when the high seemed to last for minutes rather than hours I stopped....no suboxone special detox solutions just plain good old fashioned mind control and pride. I worried about what my close friends and family would think about someone like me who was always the brightest star, the life of party becoming a functional addict. I did what I did because I wanted to not needed to. I wanted a feeling and wanted it and wanted it some more. The only side effect that I had was for the first 3 days I had extreme diarrhea and from this forum I realized that my body was cleansing itself and the stomach cramps that came with it was nothing more than my body squeezing the waste from the constipation that I would have while getting high. Good luck and dig in deep because u will find something on everything you can imagine here

christabus is offline New Member

Today is my first day also. if there is anything you want to talk about we can all help. I have posted things already and need the help also. Congratulations mindcontrol for getting off off of the oxycotin. I am doing the same thing. I was up to 30mg. 4 times a day and now take 2.5mg. a day. Like you I want to not let the drug control me. The problem with pain meds is they stop working and the body wants more for the pain. I am still in pain although it is just not worth it to get back up again. I have heard after detoxing off of pain meds is that you can actually feel better pain wise. I know my pain is just wanted more because that is the way my body has handled it for me. so yes addicted physically - mentally I need to be strong and keep weaning off. I went w/o for a couple of days when I was on the 30 mg. and did have the diarrhea and that is when I decided to wean myself off. to very alone how are you feeling getting off of your meds? please chime in whenever we all can help you. being home alone is hard and just talking through things can help a lot.I also have severe back and knee pain or rather chronic pain. good luck to you and feel free to talk anytime.

I am very new....I wrote my first post above.....I have joined some groups although I still do not get replies and am still looking for friends, I also have back problems one group is about pain and I think i am there. I have joined a few and I cannot remember the names. There are suggestions for joining groups and you can join whatever group that appeals to you. I have anklylosing spondylitis so am on that group. I have chronic pain also. I will click on your name if you want to be friends.
    Sparkerz likes this.

JeffRob887 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsorchid22 View Post
    This is the first time Ive been on here. I guess I as looking for a open discussion group does anyone know of such a thing? I am alone day after day and I have severe back issues and can't get out to drive anywhere. I don't have any friends or family. I have a great husband but he works 9:30am until 10:00 to 12:00 pm. I have tried to get help from my church but to no avail. I recently went off almost all my mediations I just cannot afford them. I just need some friends.
    You should go to church and be active and gain new friends. There are a lot of churches who have life groups that can help you. One more thing, if you have severe back issues, tell your husband! He must do something about it.
    Arturosik likes this.

Arturosik is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeffRob887 View Post
    You should go to church and be active and gain new friends. There are a lot of churches who have life groups that can help you. One more thing, if you have severe back issues, tell your husband! He must do something about it.
    Joining real life group is much greater than the online groups. Also tell your situation to your hubby! That ll give you a huge relief. I too a newbie here..

Default I have not been on this site for months

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsorchid22 View Post
    I just had knee surgery and before that my knee hurt so bad I seemed to have slipped out of socializing. I feel alone also at times. Maybe you can find another church which can help you more and make new friends. I am proud you are off all meds. My husband also works a lot - does anything help for your pain? like alieve, ibuprofen. It sounds like you do not have insurance or not very good insurance to get the relief you need to get out and about. if you ever need someone to talk with online i can be there. There are churches who have groups of all kinds that might help also. It has been so long since I have been n I cannot remember my screen name, maybe it will pop up after this message I will go look for it on my profile. I do know what you are going through and I know how hard it is.
    Good luck to you.

Joanna Hampton is offline New Member

I just registered, my name is Joanna Hampton and your post was the first I read and felt I had written it myself except no husband, no emotional support at all. I am disabled due to arthritis but worse than that to me is my chronic, DEBILITATING anxiety disorder. I would very much like to be someone you reach out to and hopefully with our common feelings of loneliness and abandonment together we might find ways to overcome these OVERWHELMING feelings together
    Most Sincerely, Joanna Hampton

painterinpain is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna Hampton View Post
    I just registered, my name is Joanna Hampton and your post was the first I read and felt I had written it myself except no husband, no emotional support at all. I am disabled due to arthritis but worse than that to me is my chronic, DEBILITATING anxiety disorder. I would very much like to be someone you reach out to and hopefully with our common feelings of loneliness and abandonment together we might find ways to overcome these OVERWHELMING feelings together
    Most Sincerely, Joanna Hampton
    Joanna,

I read your response to this thread and felt like I knew what you were feeling.

I would like to know more about your anxiety disorder. Yesterday I could not go to a job interview. I drove there and was overcome with anxiety: sweating, fear, twitching eyes, shallow breathing, thready pulse. While driving there I thought my world was ending. It was all in my head. My psych Dr prescribes very sparingly. I have to pick and choose my battles about taking the meds.

I am reaching out to you as my conditions, see thread titled "In and out for 15 years", leave me lonely too. I feel the emotional and spiritual pain is as debilitating as the physical pain.

To the Very Alone person: I found NA and AA to be very comforting when I kicked the meds a few years ago. For me it did not last due to another terrible accident.