Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
    kd127 is offline New Member

I am new to this site and need HELP just moved to a new state and havenot yet found a doctor that I can get an appt with before I run out of my suboxone. I'v been on it for 3+ years and I have no idea what I'm gonna do. My husband works all day which leaves me home with our 2 kids. I have a history of seizures which I know can occur during withdrawl so I am scared to death about that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by kd127 View Post
    I am new to this site and need HELP just moved to a new state and havenot yet found a doctor that I can get an appt with before I run out of my suboxone. I'v been on it for 3+ years and I have no idea what I'm gonna do. My husband works all day which leaves me home with our 2 kids. I have a history of seizures which I know can occur during withdrawl so I am scared to death about that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Go to www.suboxone.com and type in your zip code and the miles you're willing to drive to see a dr. They will give you a list of all sub - certified drs in that area. Seizures aren't caused by sub detox. But if you have a history of seizures that should be taken up with your primary care dr. Hope that helps. God bless.

pattycakes is offline Member

Default Two day roller coaster ride.

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes View Post
    Will do! My husband & I want to extend a heartfelf thankyou! I know it's going to be rough, but I am in it for the long hall. Will keep in touch. Have a great day!
    I'm on my 1st day of the 2 day skip. Thank goodness my husband is home all weekend. Had some sleep last night because I took my .25 dose yesterday, per the taper. Had some relief yesterday, & my daughter took me for a pedicure & lunch. She's a State Trooper & is amazing with me. She sees people's lives ruined everyday due to drugs. Even more so now, than alcohol. My son is a State Trooper also, talk about a great support system. They don't judge me, I have very real pain issues, but am now choosing alternative methods of relief. My grandchildren give me the biggest endorphine rush ever. The littlest ones are 1 & 2 yrs old & are so special to me. Just seeing their little faces light up when they see me is the best medicine in the world. I have been fighting a terrible, top of the head, headache, & pretty moderate bouts of anxiety w/the pounding heart. I'm not crybabying, I'm just trying to let others know what I'm experiencing. I know I'm in for a very uncomfortable ride. I just keep telling myself it is only temporary. I've had the flu that has lasted longer (I hope). I haven't got to the biggest roller coaster hill yet, but I'm hoping to soon see & feel that last, great downhill ride & the relief of pulling into the final stretch. Will keep you posted. Hope everyone is holding on & doing well in whatever stage they are at. & Thanks again for all the support & info from this board.

pattycakes......you've done amazingly well. I know your kids are proud of you and you should be proud too. It's a great idea to go out and do something special for yourself. Your daughter has the right idea. Keep me posted how I can help you. God bless.

Default Uggghhhhh...........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    pattycakes......you've done amazingly well. I know your kids are proud of you and you should be proud too. It's a great idea to go out and do something special for yourself. Your daughter has the right idea. Keep me posted how I can help you. God bless.
    It's only 12:30pm & the fight has begun. Forced myself into hot shower, felt really good & feel a little better. Going to go play cards with Mom & Husband for awhile. Hopefully a distraction.
    Robert, i have 4 Xanax from last years prescription of 6 for a procedure I had. I'm hoping not to use them but if things get scary in the middle of the night, what is your take on that? I read on here that sometimes that will help. Like I said, I only have 4 & would like to save them if I'm in dire straights. I've only taken 2 in my life, so obviously I use them sparingly. Let me know. I've also felt really light headed & have a little head tic, almost like I'm shaking my head "no" only not bad. Sound like the normal expectations of w/d? Thanks again!

It's only 12:30pm & the fight has begun. Forced myself into hot shower, felt really good & feel a little better. Going to go play cards with Mom & Husband for awhile. Hopefully a distraction.
    Robert, i have 4 Xanax from last years prescription of 6 for a procedure I had. I'm hoping not to use them but if things get scary in the middle of the night, what is your take on that? I read on here that sometimes that will help. Like I said, I only have 4 & would like to save them if I'm in dire straights. I've only taken 2 in my life, so obviously I use them sparingly. Let me know. I've also felt really light headed & have a little head tic, almost like I'm shaking my head "no" only not bad. Sound like the normal expectations of w/d? Thanks again!

If you really need the xanax for a couple days it's okay. Just don't use them unless it's really necessary. You're doing so well! The light headed thing can be a w/d symptoms. Just be tough. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-25-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Default Feeling Alright!

If you really need the xanax for a couple days it's okay. Just don't use them unless it's really necessary. You're doing so well! The light headed thing can be a w/d symptoms. Just be tough. God bless.
    Amazing what a little distraction can do for w/d.. I know it's only 6:20pm, but I am okay, tolerable. Started off a little rocky this morning. I have cleared my schedule of any appts. next week, including the dentist, and am using the whole week just for me. My husband has freed up some time for me also next week. What a guy, that's my man! We've been together for 21yrs & I must say, the past 2 & 1/2 yrs, he has put up with alot, and I have not been the wife I should have, just sort of numb. I owe it to myself, for sure, but I owe it to him just as much. I hope that everybody has somebody to help them through this, it really means alot. I'm not sure I could do this alone. This board, Robert & a few others, have made the big difference for me. Knowledge, compassion & understanding is what is helping me through this. Just FYI, arms are a little electric, head still hurts & anxiety comes & goes in waves. I'm alternating Tylenol & Motrin every 4-5 hours. It actually helps me. Might get off my bum, take a walk around the block, take a hot bath & try & watch some movies. Night time always freaks me out, but I will try to think positive. Also been drinking alot of PowerAide Zero. Has extra electrolytes in it. Hoping it is helping. Tastes pretty darn good too. Till morning, hopefully no worries. Thanks to all.

valleylg is offline Junior Member

Patti you are doing great. It is encouraging to me just to read your post. I have one more day of 3mg bfore my 2nd tapper. Thanks for the updates and good luck we are all rooting for you.

Default Yes .....it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by valleylg View Post
    Patti you are doing great. It is encouraging to me just to read your post. I have one more day of 3mg bfore my 2nd tapper. Thanks for the updates and good luck we are all rooting for you.
    Thanks Valleylg. Kudos to you & your taper as well. We are all in this together & peer power & support is vital to this process. Also, listen to what Robert has to say. Just remember, the w/d symptoms are temporary, they will subside. If helps me to just think of this as a recovery after one of my many surgeries & illnesses. It took time after each one to start feeling better, this isn't any different. It sucks, but it is necessary to get better.
    Last night wasn't too bad. I am lucky to have a prescription for Ambien to help. That will be my next "kick to the curb" drug. I've been on that for about 7-8 years. I know, bad - bad - bad! One day at a time Sweet Jesus. My chief complaint today, is a major sinus infection & cough. Will have to start antibiotics today. My face hurts & the Tylenol just takes the edge off. That's OKAY! I am going to try & get out of the house alot today w/hubby. He bought a new 2011 Harley while I was away last month & surprised me. Wasn't too happy at 1st, we had a beautiful BMW motorcycle that I truly loved. I'm actually starting to get excited about planning get aways & such. The numbness is wearing off. What a good feeling. Husband says the light is coming back to my baby blues. Wow, I have missed this.
    I'm not going to kid myself that the worst is over. This is only my 2 day skip. I will take a .25 dose tomorrow & start the 3 day skip. I just want everyone to know, that I think the fear of w/d is the worst part. Don't expect the worst to happen, take each day - hour - minute & get through it. We all can do this. We are worthy.
    Robert? The proper taper is to start w/ the .25 again tomorrow? Again, I want to finish this so bad I don't even want to take anymore. But so far, so good. I will listen to you. Thanks again, enjoy your day at church!

Thanks Valleylg. Kudos to you & your taper as well. We are all in this together & peer power & support is vital to this process. Also, listen to what Robert has to say. Just remember, the w/d symptoms are temporary, they will subside. If helps me to just think of this as a recovery after one of my many surgeries & illnesses. It took time after each one to start feeling better, this isn't any different. It sucks, but it is necessary to get better.
    Last night wasn't too bad. I am lucky to have a prescription for Ambien to help. That will be my next "kick to the curb" drug. I've been on that for about 7-8 years. I know, bad - bad - bad! One day at a time Sweet Jesus. My chief complaint today, is a major sinus infection & cough. Will have to start antibiotics today. My face hurts & the Tylenol just takes the edge off. That's OKAY! I am going to try & get out of the house alot today w/hubby. He bought a new 2011 Harley while I was away last month & surprised me. Wasn't too happy at 1st, we had a beautiful BMW motorcycle that I truly loved. I'm actually starting to get excited about planning get aways & such. The numbness is wearing off. What a good feeling. Husband says the light is coming back to my baby blues. Wow, I have missed this.
    I'm not going to kid myself that the worst is over. This is only my 2 day skip. I will take a .25 dose tomorrow & start the 3 day skip. I just want everyone to know, that I think the fear of w/d is the worst part. Don't expect the worst to happen, take each day - hour - minute & get through it. We all can do this. We are worthy.
    Robert? The proper taper is to start w/ the .25 again tomorrow? Again, I want to finish this so bad I don't even want to take anymore. But so far, so good. I will listen to you. Thanks again, enjoy your day at church!

\
    You got it! This is just about it and you'll be done. God bless.

Default Really?

\
    You got it! This is just about it and you'll be done. God bless.
    Don't know if it the infection or w/d. Probably a bunch of both. Made it out for a late brunch & wasn't feeling too bad. Came home & took Avelox (antibotic) & felt really bad since. Don't get me wrong, it's doable, just no energy at all. Been having alot of sweats & hot flashes. Hopefully its the demon drug seeping out of my pores. Can you tell I'm watching the SyFy channel.
    Will take my .25 tomorrow a.m. & start the 3 day skip, Lord have mercy. I wish I knew what to expect then.
    Hope everyone is doing well & keep on believing. Will get back later. Hoping I can get some sleep tonight. Thanks to all.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-26-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Question Am I over the hump or just getting there?

Don't know if it the infection or w/d. Probably a bunch of both. Made it out for a late brunch & wasn't feeling too bad. Came home & took Avelox (antibotic) & felt really bad since. Don't get me wrong, it's doable, just no energy at all. Been having alot of sweats & hot flashes. Hopefully its the demon drug seeping out of my pores. Can you tell I'm watching the SyFy channel.
    Will take my .25 tomorrow a.m. & start the 3 day skip, Lord have mercy. I wish I knew what to expect then.
    Hope everyone is doing well & keep on believing. Will get back later. Hoping I can get some sleep tonight. Thanks to all.
    Had an okay night thanks to the Ambien. Have been getting up in middle of night for 1-2 hours & taking tyleno & reading a bit. Mornings seem to be okay. Feeling somewhat edgy & light headed. Once again feeling like I want to just jump off & not take my dose today. (Last .25 dose Friday a.m., nothing since.)
    Robert? What to do? I feel like if I take it today, I'm starting over again. You're the man, & I will heed your advise. Gonna go hop in a hot shower & check in later. I'll wait to dose until I hear from you. Once again, you are a blessing to us all.

Default Reread Robert's taper plan - forward speed ahead!

Had an okay night thanks to the Ambien. Have been getting up in middle of night for 1-2 hours & taking tyleno & reading a bit. Mornings seem to be okay. Feeling somewhat edgy & light headed. Once again feeling like I want to just jump off & not take my dose today. (Last .25 dose Friday a.m., nothing since.)
    Robert? What to do? I feel like if I take it today, I'm starting over again. You're the man, & I will heed your advise. Gonna go hop in a hot shower & check in later. I'll wait to dose until I hear from you. Once again, you are a blessing to us all.
    After rereading Robert's taper plan, I went ahead & took the .25 dose & will now do the 3 day skip. Felt I could probably go without, but, why set myself up to fail.
    Robert, how dare you have a life other than this board - JUST kidding! I have to put my faith in this tapering process,, otherwise, why am I on this forum? I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm still terrified. Still loving all the support & info from this site. Thanks again everyone.

After rereading Robert's taper plan, I went ahead & took the .25 dose & will now do the 3 day skip. Felt I could probably go without, but, why set myself up to fail.
    Robert, how dare you have a life other than this board - JUST kidding! I have to put my faith in this tapering process,, otherwise, why am I on this forum? I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm still terrified. Still loving all the support & info from this site. Thanks again everyone.

For the record I think you did the right thing. I was in church activities yesterday from early morning Bible study through us having a Praise concert last night. Didn't come in till late and slept in. God bless.

Smile You are right.

For the record I think you did the right thing. I was in church activities yesterday from early morning Bible study through us having a Praise concert last night. Didn't come in till late and slept in. God bless.
    I think I needed the break that the dose provided. I am still marching forward. Three day skip...Wow!
    Robert, I'm glad you got to sleep in this a.m. One of my promises to myself is to start attending church on a regular basis. The faith, desire & calling is there, I guess I'm just maybe lazy? Another promise is to volunteer somewhere. Been weighing various places & needs. I have a great susceptability to infection, so I have to be somewhat cautious. Was born w/ an immune system that doesn't function. I get intravenious immunoglobulin every 4 weeks in the hospital, & that helps along with an abundance of antibiotics. Anyway, many thanks for the support. I can honestly say, I wouldn't be on my way to recovery w/o you! Have a wonderful day.

I think I needed the break that the dose provided. I am still marching forward. Three day skip...Wow!
    Robert, I'm glad you got to sleep in this a.m. One of my promises to myself is to start attending church on a regular basis. The faith, desire & calling is there, I guess I'm just maybe lazy? Another promise is to volunteer somewhere. Been weighing various places & needs. I have a great susceptability to infection, so I have to be somewhat cautious. Was born w/ an immune system that doesn't function. I get intravenious immunoglobulin every 4 weeks in the hospital, & that helps along with an abundance of antibiotics. Anyway, many thanks for the support. I can honestly say, I wouldn't be on my way to recovery w/o you! Have a wonderful day.

pattycakes ...... thanks for the nice words, but I made suggestions only ..... YOU did the work with God's help! Thank HIM if you're going to thank anyone!

You mention getting into church. We almost ALL need some type of support be it NA, AA, Celebrate Recovery, church, a combination or all the above. It's whatever works for you! Initially for me it was NA and that led me to church. But church keeps me on the right track FOR ME today!

All things are possible through Christ! Even I was able to get and stay clean. That was a true miracle, just like it's a miracle for you. I could have never done it alone. Keep me posted on your progress. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-27-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Default Amen!

pattycakes ...... thanks for the nice words, but I made suggestions only ..... YOU did the work with God's help! Thank HIM if you're going to thank anyone!

You mention getting into church. We almost ALL need some type of support be it NA, AA, Celebrate Recovery, church, a combination or all the above. It's whatever works for you! Initially for me it was NA and that led me to church. But church keeps me on the right track FOR ME today!

All things are possible through Christ! Even I was able to get and stay clean. That was a true miracle, just like it's a miracle for you. I could have never done it alone. Keep me posted on your progress. God bless.
    Thank you Robert. I know my work is not done yet. I think I will look into Celebrate Recovery & church. Once this demon is gone, I really want to give back. It is beyond time. He has given me strength & prayer is very mighty. I think you are a very strong & caring person, you also should be proud of the person you have become. Will keep you posted!

Unhappy Feeling down.

Thank you Robert. I know my work is not done yet. I think I will look into Celebrate Recovery & church. Once this demon is gone, I really want to give back. It is beyond time. He has given me strength & prayer is very mighty. I think you are a very strong & caring person, you also should be proud of the person you have become. Will keep you posted!
    Yesterday went real smooth (had the .25 dose), last night was okay too. This a.m. I am feeling really down. It's the 1st day of the 3 day skip. Maybe it's the weather? Sinus infection? Toothache? Withdrawal..........? Whatever it is, I wish I could shake it. Going to Dr. appt @ 11:45. Maybe getting out of house will help. Haven't cried yet, but think it is coming. Wish me luck, need a little pick me up. Any words of encouragement out there? Thanks everyone.

Hey Patti I hope all is well with you today. Just thought I would let you know I go to a mens pray group every tuesday at 600am and we prayed for you this morning. Your post have been such an encouragment to me. I am just now down from 4mgs a day to 2.25 a day so I still have a long ways to go but reading your post lets me know it is possible. I hope today Is a great anxiety, pain free day!!

Yesterday went real smooth (had the .25 dose), last night was okay too. This a.m. I am feeling really down. It's the 1st day of the 3 day skip. Maybe it's the weather? Sinus infection? Toothache? Withdrawal..........? Whatever it is, I wish I could shake it. Going to Dr. appt @ 11:45. Maybe getting out of house will help. Haven't cried yet, but think it is coming. Wish me luck, need a little pick me up. Any words of encouragement out there? Thanks everyone.

pattycakes ...... You have done amazing! You don't have to be so tough! If it makes you feel better to cry then cry! I certainly did numerous times while I was going through getting clean. It was the hardest thing I had ever done in my life!

Cut yourself some slack and realize this is a process, not an event. It takes time and some of that time is easier on us than other parts. The important things are to not give up,don't quit before the miracle happens and know that all things are possible through Christ.

The enemy is telling you that you can't handle this, that you can't get clean, all that negative stuff. The drugs want to creep back into your life and will rip your heart out if they can in the process. Don't give in to the twisted thoughts we have during detox.

YOU DESERVE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND YOU WILL BE!!!! Just give it a little more time. We use a long time and want to be clean NOW! That "instant gratification" thing is what got lots of us into a drug dependent situation. Hang in there, you'll make it. Don't use no matter what! God bless.

Default Crying does help.

pattycakes ...... You have done amazing! You don't have to be so tough! If it makes you feel better to cry then cry! I certainly did numerous times while I was going through getting clean. It was the hardest thing I had ever done in my life!

Cut yourself some slack and realize this is a process, not an event. It takes time and some of that time is easier on us than other parts. The important things are to not give up,don't quit before the miracle happens and know that all things are possible through Christ.

The enemy is telling you that you can't handle this, that you can't get clean, all that negative stuff. The drugs want to creep back into your life and will rip your heart out if they can in the process. Don't give in to the twisted thoughts we have during detox.

YOU DESERVE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND YOU WILL BE!!!! Just give it a little more time. We use a long time and want to be clean NOW! That "instant gratification" thing is what got lots of us into a drug dependent situation. Hang in there, you'll make it. Don't use no matter what! God bless.
    Valleylg - thank you so much for your thoughts & prayers. Much needed! Wanted you to know that this has been a long process for me & that you are doing terrific with your tapering as well. Keep at it, it will happen.
    Robert - I did end up crying a bit this a.m.. But you know what, I felt better afterwards. It's almost like a grieving process. I'm letting go of a longtime "friend" (the devil in disguise). I think crying also releases endorphines. Anyway, the morning was rough, blessedly, it has gotten better. Getting out of the house also helps. My Dr. put me on 20 days of Avelox for a severe sinus & upper respiratory infection. That, the toothache & the w/d kind of took it's toll this morning. There is never a good time to detox. Don't worry Robert, I WILL NOT be beaten. I may be a little down, but I am not out. Don't worry, I will be happy & strong..

Smile What a strange ride.

Valleylg - thank you so much for your thoughts & prayers. Much needed! Wanted you to know that this has been a long process for me & that you are doing terrific with your tapering as well. Keep at it, it will happen.
    Robert - I did end up crying a bit this a.m.. But you know what, I felt better afterwards. It's almost like a grieving process. I'm letting go of a longtime "friend" (the devil in disguise). I think crying also releases endorphines. Anyway, the morning was rough, blessedly, it has gotten better. Getting out of the house also helps. My Dr. put me on 20 days of Avelox for a severe sinus & upper respiratory infection. That, the toothache & the w/d kind of took it's toll this morning. There is never a good time to detox. Don't worry Robert, I WILL NOT be beaten. I may be a little down, but I am not out. Don't worry, I will be happy & strong..
    Yesterday was hard, but again, doable. Very emotional. Got up this a.m. with more energy & clarity than I have had in awhile. Expect the unexpected. This is a gift, a glimpse of real life. I am actually going to go the the gym today. Haven't been in over a year. Something I truly have missed. Maybe the antibiotics are finally working. I'm thinking maybe this tapering schedule is a "miracle"? I never expected to feel this good today. It is my 2nd day of my 3 day skip. I am hoping for continued energy & fog lifting. If it gets rough again, I know you all have my back. Thoughts & prayers greatly appreciated. Could I really be over the hump? It is Wednesday - hump day. That was a joke. Could it be true that Friday's dose will be the last ever of this suboxone death grip? I'm thinking - hell yeah! I'm thinking my father being a retired drill sgt. & my disciplined upbringing might have been an influence. My father passed 7 years ago & I still miss him terribly. I think I am making him proud. He endured 2 tours in Vietnam & always kept his strength & perseverance. Hopefully I'm a chip of the old block. Love you Dad.
    Hope everyone can keep on keeping on. The support is amazing. Might make that leaf looking trip to PA on the Harley afterall this middle of October. How amazing would that be?
    Talk with ya'll later. Wish me luck, & the same to everyone else, fighting this battle. Take care.

Yesterday was hard, but again, doable. Very emotional. Got up this a.m. with more energy & clarity than I have had in awhile. Expect the unexpected. This is a gift, a glimpse of real life. I am actually going to go the the gym today. Haven't been in over a year. Something I truly have missed. Maybe the antibiotics are finally working. I'm thinking maybe this tapering schedule is a "miracle"? I never expected to feel this good today. It is my 2nd day of my 3 day skip. I am hoping for continued energy & fog lifting. If it gets rough again, I know you all have my back. Thoughts & prayers greatly appreciated. Could I really be over the hump? It is Wednesday - hump day. That was a joke. Could it be true that Friday's dose will be the last ever of this suboxone death grip? I'm thinking - hell yeah! I'm thinking my father being a retired drill sgt. & my disciplined upbringing might have been an influence. My father passed 7 years ago & I still miss him terribly. I think I am making him proud. He endured 2 tours in Vietnam & always kept his strength & perseverance. Hopefully I'm a chip of the old block. Love you Dad.
    Hope everyone can keep on keeping on. The support is amazing. Might make that leaf looking trip to PA on the Harley afterall this middle of October. How amazing would that be?
    Talk with ya'll later. Wish me luck, & the same to everyone else, fighting this battle. Take care.

pattycakes ..... you're strong and you can handle it END OF STORY!!! And showing emotion by crying is natural, something we've hid over time with our senses dulled by drugs. Your dad is very proud of you and you deserve to be proud too!

I am excited to see so many people right at the end of the tapering off subs right now whether it's by skipping days or tapering all the way. It makes no difference as a success is a success!.

What is there about 5-7 people right now about to be done? That is incredible for this just being a little internet drug forum. I'm excited for everyone! Hang in there pattycakes. Your new life is about to begin. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-29-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Hey good for you Patti. I needed to read something positive today. For some reason the past 2 days have been hard but agian reading your post has encouraged me ( no pressure to keep encouraging lol ). Just typing this is making me feel better have a fantastic day and enjoy the gym!!!

Default Seeing things for the first time, again.

Quote Originally Posted by valleylg View Post
    Hey good for you Patti. I needed to read something positive today. For some reason the past 2 days have been hard but agian reading your post has encouraged me ( no pressure to keep encouraging lol ). Just typing this is making me feel better have a fantastic day and enjoy the gym!!!
    valleylg - keep typing & hang in there. This is kind of like journaling for me & it does help tremendously. For some reason, putting feelings into words is so theraputic for me. Stay strong, you are heading in the right directions. I did make it to the gym. I expected more out of myself, but mananged 45 minutes on the treadmill, or 2.25 miles. Wanted to do some circuit training, just didn't have it in me. I know, baby steps. I took the long route to the gym & drove through my town. I have lived here almost 30 years come March/2011. I felt like I was seeing things for the very first time. It has been too...........long. I never went out anymore, what have I been doing to myself? There is a great big, beautiful world out there & I've been letting it pass me by. NO MORE! I know I must sound like a drama queen, but, really, these feelings & emotions are bittersweet & raw. I need to learn how to deal w/them in a more positive way.
    I don't want anyone to think this has been a walk in the park. I am definitely struggling. It seems like every hour or so I go through such a range of emotions. Up, down, up, down, craziness! It too shall pass. I'm getting good at diversions. Thank goodness for TV & DVRs.
    Robert - many thanks again for the support. I'm also thrilled there are so many others beating this drug. Good luck, hang in there, I know I sure want to. Later.

NoMoreSubs is offline New Member

Default Hurting...could use some advice

Hey Guys... Good to see a lot of support here. I've been on Suboxone for about 6 mos now and am trying to get off. I recently tried weaning myself off but I feel awful right now. Horrible Diarrhea, leg cramps, restlessness, intense drowsiness. My girlfriend knows what I'm going through and has been supportive. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but still feeling like !%# and wondering if I can make life easier on myself.

I took a 1/3 of 2mg pill on Monday night. Felt good yesterday morning then bad until today. Right now I'm going out of my mind. I had been weaning all the way down to 1mg a day (half a little sub) and then hit the wall about a week ago.

Should I just ride it out or should I take another 1/2mg (1/4 little pill) to smooth things out. I feel like I may have weaned myself off too quickly.

Thanks...and god bless.
    NoMoreSubs
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-29-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Default Best support in the world, right here!

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreSubs View Post
    Hey Guys... Good to see a lot of support here. I've been on Suboxone for about 6 mos now and am trying to get off. I recently tried weaning myself off but I feel awful right now. Horrible Diarrhea, leg cramps, restlessness, intense drowsiness. My girlfriend knows what I'm going through and has been supportive. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but still feeling like !%# and wondering if I can make life easier on myself.

I took a 1/3 of 2mg pill on Monday night. Felt good yesterday morning then bad until today. Right now I'm going out of my mind. I had been weaning all the way down to 1mg a day (half a little sub) and then hit the wall about a week ago.

Should I just ride it out or should I take another 1/2mg (1/4 little pill) to smooth things out. I feel like I may have weaned myself off too quickly.

Thanks...and god bless.
    NoMoreSubs
    Dear NoMoreSubs,
    Hopefully one of the people that have alot of experience can give you some expert advice. I have been on subs. for 2 & 1/2 years. Am on my full 2nd day of 3rd day skip. Just got back from my bowling league. I never expected to be able to get off of the couch, let alone walk 2.25 miles on the treadmill this a.m. & then go bowling tonight. Seems like my emotional well being changes hourly. Push yourself to stay busy & around alot of people. It sooooooooo helps. Tapering has been difficult, to say the least, but you can do it. You'll get tremendous support & encouragement from this site. Robert, has been like a guiding angel for alot of us. I'm sure he'll help you out. Good luck to you & hang in there! You can do it. It takes time & commitment. My thoughts & prayers are with you. Patty

Thanks...and god bless.
    NoMoreSubs

You either need to taper 25% of your dose all the way to nothing or do a process of skipping days described in the following link. Let me know after reading it if you need help. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

NoMoreSubs is offline New Member

Dear NoMoreSubs,
    Hopefully one of the people that have alot of experience can give you some expert advice. I have been on subs. for 2 & 1/2 years. Am on my full 2nd day of 3rd day skip. Just got back from my bowling league. I never expected to be able to get off of the couch, let alone walk 2.25 miles on the treadmill this a.m. & then go bowling tonight. Seems like my emotional well being changes hourly. Push yourself to stay busy & around alot of people. It sooooooooo helps. Tapering has been difficult, to say the least, but you can do it. You'll get tremendous support & encouragement from this site. Robert, has been like a guiding angel for alot of us. I'm sure he'll help you out. Good luck to you & hang in there! You can do it. It takes time & commitment. My thoughts & prayers are with you. Patty
    You either need to taper 25% of your dose all the way to nothing or do a process of skipping days described in the following link. Let me know after reading it if you need help. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Patty- you're an angel. Robert...thank you for this extremely helpful link, you're the man.

I've been looking to find "the plan" and frankly I'm very hopeful that this will be it. Guys...seriously... thank you and god bless you.

Default Day 3 of 3 day skip.

Patty- you're an angel. Robert...thank you for this extremely helpful link, you're the man.

I've been looking to find "the plan" and frankly I'm very hopeful that this will be it. Guys...seriously... thank you and god bless you.
    NoMoreSubs - you're in good hands w/Robert. I'm definitely not an angel, but learning to get high on life itself, not subs.
    Had an okay night of rest. Still battling a terrible toothache. You would think that after 4-5 weeks, $1,200 for the crown & $1,800 for other work I would NOT have a toothache. Going to see dentist again today @ 1:00, wish me luck. I don't know how much Motrin & Tylenol a person can live off of. Otherwise, I got up with an abundance of energy! Lasted about 2 hours & now a little foggy. I'm getting ready to go to my ladies bowling league this a.m., hopefully get some endorphins going. I'm counting my blessings for this taper & support. My last tiny dose of subs. was Monday a.m. My husband looked at the tiny pieces I was thinking was .25, & told me it was only 1/2 of that amount. So I've been little taking a sliver of about .125. Checked it out, & he is right. Depending on today, I might be done with it all! I'm feeling like I don't ever want to feel that sub. feeling again. It is so artificial. Will let ya'll know. Take care & everyone stay strong, it can be done. Patty

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast