Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
    pattycakes is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    subhelp ........ it really would have actually been more proper getting the klonopin from your primary dr than the sub dr as subs and klonopin aren't typically prescribed together at the same time. I should have told you that. But you're on such a small dose here at the end that you should be fine with the klonopin unless you have not told me about some health condition that would change things.

If you explain that you are finishing up stopping the subs and this is just for the one month period I previously explained he should have compassion for you, He'll likely be proud of you and should be obliging, even if he personally doesn't like to prescribe benzos. You might print this thread of our conversations and take it with you to show him. He'll likely make you come in unless you have a really good relationship where he would call them in. That would be surprising though possible. You know your dr.

Seroquel should help with the sleep, but I sure would hate to see you take any during the daytime for anxiety as the klonopin would help there. Seroquel totally knock out lots of people. What dose did he prescribe of seroquel? I personally don't see why you need an antidepressant (wellbutrin) for this as you aren't clinically depressed according to your posts. That medication could actually increase the intensity of your w/d anxiety. That's just my opinion based on my experience, not medical training. I think antidepressants are over-prescribed. Just like the seroquel is a psych drug. I am NOT a benzo advocate but for less than a month you would be better served with them I think, than with the psych drugs. Again, that's my opinion. As a last resort the seroquel is okay for sleep depending on the dose. What is that?

To reiterate if you print all this and show your primary dr our conversations here he will more likely understand the reasoning for the klonopin request. After five years on the subs you will likely experience some anxiety during this final part of the taper as you finish and I think it would be very helpful to have that medication just for this short time. Emphasize to the dr that you won't want to refill anything, it's JUST for this final part of the taper.

I also agree with Patty that you should get a prescription for 800mg Ibuprofen for potential.body aches. They are a good possiblity as well and unless you have a problem with NSAIDS your dr won't have any problem with that I'm sure. Ibuprofen or Naproxen either one is fine. You can use advil or aleve, the prescriptions are just easier on your stomach as the pills have a protective coating to help prevent stomach problems. Plus they are metabolized in your kidney rather than the liver as opiates are so that gives your liver a break after all these years of opiates which the subs are. Don't forget to let me know the dose of seroquel the sub dr prescribed. Too high of a dose will totally knock you out! Hope that this info helps. God bless.
    Dear SubHelp,

I think your husband probably understands what you are going through more than you think. My son is keeping his distance from me right now, because he thinks I'm going to be curled up in a ball & having all the bad w/d symptoms that he sees everyday from the hardcore abusers, & doesn't want to see me in that light. On the other hand, my daughter understands that I have/had real pain issues & the physical dependence on the drugs after many years was inevitable. They never heard of Suboxone, only through my experience. But now they realize what a powerful, addictive drug it is. They are supportive, but, I truly believe, that unless you have experienced true withdrawal, you don't get it. Just like depression, if you have never experienced the can't get out of bed, no light in your eyes & thoughts of putting a gun to your head, you don't get it. Asking for help & divulging your inner mosts feelings & thoughts is so important for recovery.
    Hang in there, you will do great. I'm 10 days clean & am feeling alot like my old self. You owe it to yourself & your family. You can do it.
    Post anytime & stay strong!
    Patty

farmingmom is offline Junior Member

Default I am new, may I ask a question here? Need help for son starting subutex.

My 21 year old son began subutex Monday, under doctors care, at 4 mg. twice a day. He had been on methadone four months, and was down to 35 on his dose. The doctor told him to just skip dosing Saturday and Sunday, and show up at his office on Monday for first dose of subutex. It put him in immediate precipitated withdrawal. He was told to take the 4 mg. dose of subutex twice a day for two days, then go up to 8 mg. twice a day. He finally began to feel some better on Wednesday, but as of yesterday was still so weak and shaky. He tried to work, but became very frustrated. It is physical work and he was shaking too much too work. Nurse at doctors office told him to continue to take meds as prescribed, but I'm wondering if it is too much. Help anyone?

valleylg is offline Junior Member

Default farming mom

Try to start a new thread and in the title ask Robert325 to help. It sounds like they started him to soon on the subtex. I can assure you robert is going to say that they have started him on way to much. If robert would have done the induction he would be on less than 2mgs a day. Keep checking this site. Robert has helped me so much. good luck and God bless.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by farmingmom View Post
    My 21 year old son began subutex Monday, under doctors care, at 4 mg. twice a day. He had been on methadone four months, and was down to 35 on his dose. The doctor told him to just skip dosing Saturday and Sunday, and show up at his office on Monday for first dose of subutex. It put him in immediate precipitated withdrawal. He was told to take the 4 mg. dose of subutex twice a day for two days, then go up to 8 mg. twice a day. He finally began to feel some better on Wednesday, but as of yesterday was still so weak and shaky. He tried to work, but became very frustrated. It is physical work and he was shaking too much too work. Nurse at doctors office told him to continue to take meds as prescribed, but I'm wondering if it is too much. Help anyone?

Stupid dr started him too soon on subs and put him into precipitated w/d which is awful. You may not like my suggestion but I would stop taking ANYTHING until he reaches a 26 score on the COWS (clinical opioid w/d scale) worksheet. Then I can re-induct him and have him feeling great within hour and at a very low dose. That's the best route for him to take, even though people don't like to start over.

When you go into precipitated w/d the problems chase after you the whole time. Here is a link to to COWS worksheet. Let me know if you want me to help you as described. I can probably inuct him on subs my way at no more than 4mg a day and he will be clean in a matter of weeks. I've done this a thousand times. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/resources/opio...wal-record.pdf

Default Thanks so much for answering Robert. He wants to know how long after he stops taking

subutex will it be before he is in full blown withdrawal? He has appointment with doctor Monday morning, and would hate to tell him that he isn't following his treatment plan, but has to have him to get the prescription. Thanks again for your help.

subutex will it be before he is in full blown withdrawal? He has appointment with doctor Monday morning, and would hate to tell him that he isn't following his treatment plan, but has to have him to get the prescription. Thanks again for your help.

That is why we use the COWS worksheet. There isn't a standard set amount of time or the worksheet wouldn't be necessary. Point out to the dr that he was in precipitated w/d and he wants to wait a little longer before taking more.

Take the COWS worksheet with you. Try to get the scriipt and bring it home so we can do the induction here on the forum. If the dr forces him to take a dose in the office we will make the necessary adjustments when he gets home. It would just be one dose, but better if we could do it here.. Let me know. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-08-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks so much for your help, Robert. My son is not wanting to go back to the doctors office in withdrawal on Monday, but is coming to the conclusion that he is going to have to go back into withdrawal and be inducted again. He had tried cutting his dose back to 4 mg morning and night, but he is having so much pain in his back and knees, with a lot of weakness. So the last two mornings he has taken another 4 mg. an hour or two after the first and gotten some relief. He is still not getting any better. If he decides to start all over again after he sees doc Monday morning, will I be able to contact you here when the time comes to induct him again?

Oh, and also, the doctor will want to give him suboxone Monday, instead of subutex. Will that matter? And does it matter if he gets the strips instead of pills?

I suggest he stays on subutex, and I will be here Monday, though I will be gone part of the day. Let me know. God bless.

My son cut his subutex back yesterday to only 4 mgs, all day. I don't know if that is the reason he feels so much better, or he is just getting adjusted. But since he is feeling better, he isn't wanting to go through the withdrawals again. His doctor only will let him have suboxone. He gave him the new strips. My son plans to try using just 4 mg., morning and night (8 for the day) and see how he feels. Then try to taper down in a couple weeks, using your taper plan we found. What do you think?

My son cut his subutex back yesterday to only 4 mgs, all day. I don't know if that is the reason he feels so much better, or he is just getting adjusted. But since he is feeling better, he isn't wanting to go through the withdrawals again. His doctor only will let him have suboxone. He gave him the new strips. My son plans to try using just 4 mg., morning and night (8 for the day) and see how he feels. Then try to taper down in a couple weeks, using your taper plan we found. What do you think?

I think 8mg is too much. He feels better at 4mg as that is a better and lower dose. Less is better with subs. I would take the meds from the dr, don't say anything about us, and have your son continue to taper from 4mg. So many sub drs don't know how this med works. Been doing this a long time here and have been pretty successful. It's your call but I would stay at 4mg and taper from there. Your son will simply accumulate extra meds and eventually he won't have to go back to the dr anymore as he'll have enough meds left over to finish. And we can deal fine wih the switch to suboxone though I prefer subutex. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-11-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks again. He is okay with this, and appreciates the advice. I wish he would communicate with you himself, but he just doesn't use the computer enough to feel comfortable.

valleylg is offline Junior Member

Default Farming mom

Hi just wanted to let you know that I have gone from 4mgs of suboxone to 1.5mgs with Roberts help. I know this is a confusing time for you. You are on an internet site and some guy named Robert is contridicting what the doctors say. I went through the exact same thing. I looked on the boards for a while and thought these people have to be crazy surely the doctors no more than an ex addict like me. All I can tell you is they do not. I do not think most doctors do this intentionaly. All it takes is an 8hr course and they are certified. Robert has been doing this a long time and knows more than anyone I know. Trust him do what he says and your son will be fine. I know you do not want to see your son go through any pain but know is so critical to start tappering now. Do the 4mgs and start tappering soon!! I was on these things for a year so it gets harder the longer you stay on these things. I love suboxone it saved my marraige and my life but they should not be used long term. Tell your son there are a lot of us wishing him well good luck and God bless.

subhelp is offline New Member

Default I'm getting there.....

I'm sorry that I've not been able to contact, but have been out of town and keeping to myself. I'm on day 5 no suboxone!!!! I can honestly say that I never thought that this would happen. Robert: I went to my family dr. and he was kind to me and gave me a script for klonopin. It is 0.5 mg which I'm breaking in half. I take half in the morning along with half of a clonidine and I take half before bed with a whole clonidine along with a multi vitamin. I didnot get the wellbutrin or the seraquil filled, I just told the pharmacy to through them away. For someone who has been on suboxone for 5 years I think I am handling this ok, actually I'm scared that this isn't as bad as I have read or have built up in my mind. I've been a little down, tired and a little bit of a grump, but I'm sleeping atleast 6 -7 hours a night, I'm eating 3 good meals a day and snacking, drinking nothing but water and I'm a work today. Whats going on??? How come I'm not falling apart yet? I'm a strong christian and I truly believe that God is being more than gracious to me!!!! Is the "seventh seal" going to open up on me later??? Just curious because it is day 5 and I'm hanging in there. NOW...how much longer do I need to stay on this klonopin and clonidine?
    Patty: I hope you are feeling good and hanging in there!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by subhelp View Post
    I'm sorry that I've not been able to contact, but have been out of town and keeping to myself. I'm on day 5 no suboxone!!!! I can honestly say that I never thought that this would happen. Robert: I went to my family dr. and he was kind to me and gave me a script for klonopin. It is 0.5 mg which I'm breaking in half. I take half in the morning along with half of a clonidine and I take half before bed with a whole clonidine along with a multi vitamin. I didnot get the wellbutrin or the seraquil filled, I just told the pharmacy to through them away. For someone who has been on suboxone for 5 years I think I am handling this ok, actually I'm scared that this isn't as bad as I have read or have built up in my mind. I've been a little down, tired and a little bit of a grump, but I'm sleeping atleast 6 -7 hours a night, I'm eating 3 good meals a day and snacking, drinking nothing but water and I'm a work today. Whats going on??? How come I'm not falling apart yet? I'm a strong christian and I truly believe that God is being more than gracious to me!!!! Is the "seventh seal" going to open up on me later??? Just curious because it is day 5 and I'm hanging in there. NOW...how much longer do I need to stay on this klonopin and clonidine?

subhelp ...... five days is awesome my friend! I too am a Christian and wouldn't worry about the "seals" until after the rapture at the end of times. LOL Lots of people don't understand it but God blessed me at the time I was getting clean in my life too or I probably would be dead. He's NEVER let me down yet. That could very well be why it went so easily for me too.

Don't be anticipating problems and maintain your faith. Keep me posted how you're doing and you could very well be getting a huge break here with the symptoms. I will keep you in my prayers. God bless.

Unhappy

Dear Subhelp,

I'm so happy for you. Keep it up. Wow, 5 days, I am so thrilled for you. The head game can really reek havoc, but it sounds like you are way ahead of it. Whatever you are doing seems to be working. Keep it up girlfriend.
    As for me, I am doing great. 15 days sub. free. Been a little down w/ an infection & am having to put down our 16 year old beagle today. Very sad, but we know it is necessary. He is family & it hurts to lose him.
    Stay strong, you are doing amazingly well.
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes View Post
    Dear Subhelp,

I'm so happy for you. Keep it up. Wow, 5 days, I am so thrilled for you. The head game can really reek havoc, but it sounds like you are way ahead of it. Whatever you are doing seems to be working. Keep it up girlfriend.
    As for me, I am doing great. 15 days sub. free. Been a little down w/ an infection & am having to put down our 16 year old beagle today. Very sad, but we know it is necessary. He is family & it hurts to lose him.
    Stay strong, you are doing amazingly well.
    Patty

Patty..... I had mother and daughter Basset Hounds. Maebelline, the mother, passed away on the patio at 15, her daughter Eli Mae I had to put down the day after her 17th birthday. I couldn't stand the thought of finding her gone too like the way I found Maebelline. It almost killed me, but Eli Mae was in such bad shape by then. They get to be like kids after that many years. You're doing the right thing I know you are no matter how badly it hurts to do it. I love animals more than some people. You'll be in my prayers. God bless.

Default Sorry

Patty, I'm so sorry about your dog. You are right, they become part of our family. I had dogs when I was little and now I have 2 cats which I've had for several years. These cats are like my babies....my son is extremely tight with one of the cats and when the day comes that something happens it will be horrible, especially watching him be so sad. I tell you what....satan is really battling you, your root canal, your dog, you just have to be strong and tell him that you aren't going to let him win!!! I tell him that "in Jesus' name" atleast 100 times a day. He wants us to fall, he wants us to be depended on something, but God is so much stronger than him!!! I am so very proud of your 15 days.....wow you are such a champ!!!!!

Oh, Robert.....how much longer should I keep taking this klonopin and clonidine? I know you aren't supposed to just stop the clonidine as it can raise your blood pressure, but do you think maybe another week?? Thank you again for your advice and positive influence! I was getting very discouraged when all I would read would be horror stories about sub withdrawal, but you were patient, kind, educated and logical about the situation and that is all I needed. I know your prayers came in handy too!!!! I'll keep you all in my prayers and let you know what tomorrow (Day 6) shall bring!!!!!

Patty, I'm so sorry about your dog. You are right, they become part of our family. I had dogs when I was little and now I have 2 cats which I've had for several years. These cats are like my babies....my son is extremely tight with one of the cats and when the day comes that something happens it will be horrible, especially watching him be so sad. I tell you what....satan is really battling you, your root canal, your dog, you just have to be strong and tell him that you aren't going to let him win!!! I tell him that "in Jesus' name" atleast 100 times a day. He wants us to fall, he wants us to be depended on something, but God is so much stronger than him!!! I am so very proud of your 15 days.....wow you are such a champ!!!!!

Oh, Robert.....how much longer should I keep taking this klonopin and clonidine? I know you aren't supposed to just stop the clonidine as it can raise your blood pressure, but do you think maybe another week?? Thank you again for your advice and positive influence! I was getting very discouraged when all I would read would be horror stories about sub withdrawal, but you were patient, kind, educated and logical about the situation and that is all I needed. I know your prayers came in handy too!!!! I'll keep you all in my prayers and let you know what tomorrow (Day 6) shall bring!!!!!

subhelp ...... thank you for the kind words and I always appreciate prayers! I appreciate your kindness but this is but one of the things I do to try to give back something for the mercy God showed me with my eternal life in spite of my insanity and cruel, unmerciful way I lived in the past. I still get annoyed at times and act out in the flesh on here occasionally. but my heart IS really in the right place. I can only say that I'm not perfect and do the best I can. I pray for the entire forum often, including for those I know would be happier if I wasn't here AT ALL! LOL Makes me happy though that I was able to be a positive influence for you! That makes ME happy!

You sound better than last week. You sound much more at ease and peaceful today. The only reason for the clonidine is as we are in opiate w/d our blood pressure most always increases. The clonidine lowers that blood pressure and tends to have a calming effect on us. If you're w/d symptoms are lessening then I would lower the clonidine doses in a proportionately equal amount until I eliminated it toally. It would be ideal if you had a blood pressure monitor. It's a blood pressure med so you need to be careful with it not to take your pressure too low especially at the end of the taper when our dose is low and our pressure is likely not being altered much from its normal level. Don't want to take it down TOO low. It's a more serious medication than some seem to realize.

Klonopin is a benzo and very addictive. I know that you know that without me telling you and it's only meant to be used very short term for anxiety. Remember that you are involved in the final stages of a LONG term drug detox here so you are to expect a litle discomfort no matter what you do. I would keep that in mind and use it as sparingly as possible. Don't allow yourself to be bouncing off the walls with anxiety, but I think you're beyond that point now. After five years and at the point you're at I'm going to say make your own call on the klonopin. Taking a .5mg dose of klonopin in a crisis in lieu of taking more subs (in consideration of your past five years of sub use) would be my preferance if it doesn't go on too long. Others may disagree but that is my best advice. I look forward to making those subs a thing of the FAR past for you!

Stopping after five years is a huge accomplishment! I'm going to back off and say do what YOU know is best for YOU. You wouldn't have come here after five years if you weren't serious and ready to do this. It's not like you've been using six weeks. So you need to make the call on this one. I'm confident that you'll pray and do what you are inspired to do, that which is best for you. Keep in touch and let me know how I can help you finish this off. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-12-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Default Day 6

Robert,
    It has been a God send to find you and this forum. I spoke w/ my sub doctor yesterday and told him it was day 5. He was honestly very proud and very impressed!!!!! He said, "this is it.....you don't need me anymore, but I'm always here for you!" It was nice to say good bye to that part of my life. Sometimes I look at it and miss it i.e. the energy mostly, but nothing compares to starting this journey without them. I'm pressing forward knowing that in just a couple of weeks I won't be taking the klonopin or the clonidine and I can try for another baby. To take care of my husband, my son and hopefully another blessing is the high I want to have!!!!! I prayed and prayed last night thanking God for being so gracious and helpful to me through this, even though I don't deserve any of his mercy. That is what is so wonderful about him, he forgives and forgets and loves us unconditionally!!!!! Day 6 is going good, I slept again maybe 6-7 hours last night and I'm working again today!!! I have to say that the most annoying w/d is sneezing every 10 mins. If this is as bad as I get, I should have done this years ago!!!!! Just taking it one day at a time!!!! Blessings to each and every one of you!!!!!!!

Default Rest In Peace - Rocky Top

Patty..... I had mother and daughter Basset Hounds. Maebelline, the mother, passed away on the patio at 15, her daughter Eli Mae I had to put down the day after her 17th birthday. I couldn't stand the thought of finding her gone too like the way I found Maebelline. It almost killed me, but Eli Mae was in such bad shape by then. They get to be like kids after that many years. You're doing the right thing I know you are no matter how badly it hurts to do it. I love animals more than some people. You'll be in my prayers. God bless.
    Robert,

Thank you for your prayers & understanding. My Husband & I both took Rocky yesterday & he passed about 4:45p.m. He had his last supper of homemade noodles & chicken (from Grandma). On the ride there, I held his head up & he had his last ride with his head out the car window & ears flapping,(he was a beagle,w/bassett ears) & had the best ear rub in his life while being sedated. The whole vet.staff & the vet herself, said a prayer & cried w/us. It was very peaceful, but still so sad. I worry about Rosie, his mate of over 14 years. She keeps watching the door for him. She has always suffered from anxiety & always, slept curled under Rocky. I hope her heart doesn't break. We plan on showering her with attention & maybe putting a stuffed animal in the bed w/her. She will soon be 15. They have been like our children. My kids were 16 & 17 when we got him. They are now 32 & 33. Everyone had come to say there goodbyes. Lots of tears. I know my father was waiting for him, he loved that dog too. If comforts me to know that they are together again.

SUBHELP,

Thank you for your thoughts & prayers. It has been a very challenging 2 months.
    You are doing so great. It gives me such joy to hear how well you are doing. It is so nice to be done w/the pain mgmnt. drs. Well done! How exciting that your family may be expanding soon. What a blessing. Your family must be so proud of you, as we all are. Keep going - each day our eyes get brighter. Shine, shine, shine!

Cats are awesome creatures. We had a cat named Prescious for 17 1/2 years. The ravishes of old age. We had to also have her put down back then. My daughter got her for her 9th birthday. The kitty stayed with us after the daughter went away to college & started her new life. She was almost 27 when we had to put Prescious down. My daughter was able to be with her & us when we did so. It does help us to appreciate life & simple jestures in all living things. Animals love unconditionally.

Will miss my little buddy so much! He now has no worries & no pain.

Patty

Patty .... Have you thought about getting an older animal from a rescue shelter for Rosie? I know it's very soon, but you should think about it. No one ever adopts older animals and they go lonely too.

I remember when Maebelline ( Eli Mae's mother died,) Eli was so heartbroken and lonely. I couldn't stand it. Rosie will mourn Rocky just like you. Animals are special, they have the biggest hearts. All you have to do is pet them, feed them and love them. They will put their life on the line for you whether you're poor, ugly, sick, whatever.

I had a blood clot last year the day before Christmas Eve and when I came home from the hospital our cat Max laid down next to me and didn't move for a couple days at least. He knew I was sick. Animals are incredible. I get so upset when people abuse them or abandon them.

When I took Eli Mae in to have her put to sleep I had her wrapped up in my Four Season Resort robe. It went with her. Like you said the dr gave us a private room for about twenty minutes to say goodbye. It's truly a heartbreaking experience to give up an animal that has become a part of your family. I was literally ill for the longest time.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, but I would seriously think about an older animal to keep Rosie company. I bet it would make her happy and wouldn't be another commitment on your part for almost twenty years. Those older animals in shelters make the greatest pets. Their owners have often died or something simillar. It's a win win for everyone!

Have a blessed day Patty! God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-13-2010 at 09:20 AM.

Patty .... Have you thought about getting an older animal from a rescue shelter for Rosie? I know it's very soon, but you should think about it. No one ever adopts older animals and they go lonely too.

I remember when Maebelline ( Eli Mae's mother died,) Eli was so heartbroken and lonely. I couldn't stand it. Rosie will mourn Rocky just like you. Animals are special, they have the biggest hearts. All you have to do is pet them, feed them and love them. They will put their life on the line for you whether you're poor, ugly, sick, whatever.

I had a blood clot last year the day before Christmas Eve and when I came home from the hospital our cat Max laid down next to me and didn't move for a couple days at least. He knew I was sick. Animals are incredible. I get so upset when people abuse them or abandon them.

When I took Eli Mae in to have her put to sleep I had her wrapped up in my Four Season Resort robe. It went with her. Like you said the dr gave us a private room for about twenty minutes to say goodbye. It's truly a heartbreaking experience to give up an animal that has become a part of your family. I was literally ill for the longest time.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, but I would seriously think about an older animal to keep Rosie company. I bet it would make her happy and wouldn't be another commitment on your part for almost twenty years. Those older animals in shelters make the greatest pets. Their owners have often died or something simillar. It's a win win for everyone!

Have a blessed day Patty! God bless.
    Dear Robert,

Thank you for sharing your story about your furry babies. You have so much love & compassion in your heart, you are truly a blessed soul w/a special gift. I can't seem to stop crying over him today. Rosie hasn't budged from her bed yet today, which makes me even sadder. We are going away for 2 weeks. When we get back, we might go to the shelter. I actually found a lemon/white beagle at a shelter in Pennsyl. & thought about bringing her home. Her name was Daisy & I think she was 6-7 years old. Didn't think it was the right time cause we still had both dogs then. I think we will see how Rosie does until then.
    I would be lying if I didn't admit to wanting something to numb the pain. Didn't do anything, other than my normal nighttime Ambien. I know I have to let the normal range of emotion & grief run it's course. Love hurts.
    Thanks again for lending an ear & for the insight of a possible companion for Rosie.
    Oh, by the way, 16 days, sub. clean.

Patty

Anonymous Guest

HI Patty
    I so sorry to hear about your dog...It is just so sad I swear they are just like are kids.
    I have a cat I thought I lost a couple weeks ago and I was crying like a big baby..
    then I found out the cat had crawled under the house and was hiding there.
    my thoughts and prayers are with you...
    Melinda

Thank you Melinda. I'm so happy you found your kitty. Right before we took Rocky yesterday, I had to pick my car up at the garage. The lady at the checkout desk had a pure black kitten about 6 months old w/emerald green eyes on her desk. She didn't know about Rocky yet & asked me if I would like to take the kitty. I started to cry & the kitty stood up on his hind legs, put his feet on my chest & started to nuzzle & purr at my neck. I swear he was trying to comfort me. I did not take him home, but, wow, I was touched.
    Take care you two, & thanks again.
    Patty

Default Help us please Robert

Okay, I'm back asking for help. My son feels so bad on the 2 mg. of suboxone twice a day. One reason may be because he felt fine yesterday and thought he wouldn't take any, until last night. Not smart I know. Today he is back to feeling like he has worked a 16 hour shift, even though he took a 2 mg dose last night, and again this morning. He is frustrated, says this makes him want to go to the methadone clinic. We have talked again this evening and he thinks that maybe you are right and he just needs to be re inducted. Is that going to make him feel better? He says if no one feels any better than this on suboxone, he doesn't know why they take it.

Okay, I'm back asking for help. My son feels so bad on the 2 mg. of suboxone twice a day. One reason may be because he felt fine yesterday and thought he wouldn't take any, until last night. Not smart I know. Today he is back to feeling like he has worked a 16 hour shift, even though he took a 2 mg dose last night, and again this morning. He is frustrated, says this makes him want to go to the methadone clinic. We have talked again this evening and he thinks that maybe you are right and he just needs to be re inducted. Is that going to make him feel better? He says if no one feels any better than this on suboxone, he doesn't know why they take it.

Just came in from church. I can reinduct him but he needs to stop the subs now and get to a 26 on the COWS worksheet. here is a link for it.

https://www.drugs.com/resources/opio...wal-record.pdf

It won't take him that long without any subs to be ready. But he needs to stop now and when he hits a 26 I'll do it with him right here on the forum. I will talk with you guys tomorrow. God bless.

Thank you so much. I hope it goes quickly, he is getting very frustrated. Will be in touch.

Default Day 7.....

Good Morning! Well I can't hardly believe it but it is Day 7!!!!! I don't feel like I slept as soundly last night, but never actually woke up and got out of bed. The energy comes and goes, and the anxiety comes and goes, but so far so good!!! I have to tell you all that tapering down as low a dose as you can, on top of my faith in Christ has made this easier than I ever thought possible!!! If I have been taking suboxone regularly for 5 years, and can function, work and feel about 89% then I feel that anyone can do this! Like Robert said, I truly believe that God spared me because he knew that I needed to do this!!!! I can tell you all that while on suboxone I gained like 35 pounds, my face broke out like I was in high school and in doing so, the high like feeling made me pick my face, pick my eyebrows, pick, pick pick!!! I had more teeth problems, which I brush and floss several times a day and I think the medicine made it much more worse!!!! I've already lost a lot of weight while tapering, but I didn't feel much like eating. The past few days I've been eating every meal. I'm looking forward to looking and feeling better every day!!!! I honestly felt worse at .25mg of suboxone than at nothing!!!!
    Patty, I've been thinking about you and I'm hoping you are doing ok. I know you said your going out of town, and I hope you take the time to take care of yourself!!!

Good Morning! Well I can't hardly believe it but it is Day 7!!!!! I don't feel like I slept as soundly last night, but never actually woke up and got out of bed. The energy comes and goes, and the anxiety comes and goes, but so far so good!!! I have to tell you all that tapering down as low a dose as you can, on top of my faith in Christ has made this easier than I ever thought possible!!! If I have been taking suboxone regularly for 5 years, and can function, work and feel about 89% then I feel that anyone can do this! Like Robert said, I truly believe that God spared me because he knew that I needed to do this!!!! I can tell you all that while on suboxone I gained like 35 pounds, my face broke out like I was in high school and in doing so, the high like feeling made me pick my face, pick my eyebrows, pick, pick pick!!! I had more teeth problems, which I brush and floss several times a day and I think the medicine made it much more worse!!!! I've already lost a lot of weight while tapering, but I didn't feel much like eating. The past few days I've been eating every meal. I'm looking forward to looking and feeling better every day!!!! I honestly felt worse at .25mg of suboxone than at nothing!!!!
    Patty, I've been thinking about you and I'm hoping you are doing ok. I know you said your going out of town, and I hope you take the time to take care of yourself!!!
    Dear Subhelp,

Isn't it great not to have to live everyday around suboxone? One week is fantastic! I hope each day gets better for you & you stay wrapped in Christ's comforting arms. It is so true about feeling worse at .25 than none. Our minds are mighty powerful tools. I never contributed my dental problems to the suboxone, but I'm getting the feeling it is. I have always flossed daily & brushed after every meal , but these past 2 months have been very trying with the teeth. I go back today, for my night guard & I'm going to let them know that the tooth they have worked on for 2 months & lots of $$$ is still hurting. I can't chew on that side, it is sensitive to heat, cold & sweets, & I can't lay on that side at night due to pain. I'm at my wits end with this. I'm ready to just have it pulled!

I'm doing well regarding the no suboxone, however, I am struggling w/ some minor sadness, lack of motivation & little sleep & anxiety. Probably just my life right now. I'm very sad about my dog & hate seeing the other one sad & mopey. I'm very frustrated with the discomfort from the dental work also. We have a home in PA that we are going to be leaving for tomorrow for a couple of weeks, (If I can get packed & ready). Hoping a change of climate & scenery will help. I will be able to get on the computer up there, so will check in & say hi & see how everyone is.

I thank God daily for all the support, kindness, comfort & advice I get from this forum. I would not be suboxone clean (17 days) without all of you! God Bless & have a wonderful day. Keep up the good work subhelp. You so inspire me as well.

Patty

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast