Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
    SunnySideUp is offline Junior Member

Default oops

Ok I just have been reading and reading. Good for you Subhelp! I am proud of ya. Just do NOT give in at all. I will tell you guys a few things that happened, since I haven't wrote anything. But I think last Friday, someone came over begging me to get me some type of opiate, etc etc...And I got him something from someone, and NO I did not use anything that day. Just made a phone call. But next day, my idiot bf went to get me some klonopins or something, came back with that for me + vike hp 1000;s. (and he even takes suboxone still, so IDK what the hell) So I was an idiot and took 2 that night and 2 the next day. Then the next day I ate a rice grain size of sub, which I did feel. - 3 days in a row took something other than nothing.

It did not make me feel great, I felt a familiar feeling like a heaviness in my head or something. I also used to get horrible migrane's once every 1-2 months, and they were so bad I would throw up for like 12 hours. It wasn't that bad, but I remembered that feeling. Gave me energy I guess, but it SUCKED on MOnday,Tuesday, Wednesday feelin like sh:T. Woke up today feeling a ton better, but F-that for real I hated that I messed up. If I would not have messed up it would be day 19, 2 mg./day off suboxone SO, wonder if I can just forget about that..and keep counting from 19....
    Im not going to do that anymore,I learned my lesson. Sneezing like crazy, cold chills, couldn't do the damn dishes. Screw that I just want to keep going and not mess up again. I remember I felt a lot better on 10 days, and I never want to REWIND before that again.

subhelp is offline New Member

Default Hang in there....

Patty,
    I'm really sorry about your dental issues, I swear I'd rather give birth again than to lay in bed with a throbbing tooth ache. If I were you I'd lay down the law w/ your dentist or find a new one. I completely understand the minor blues, although losing your dog is really tough on you right now too. I just remember my sub doctor warning me that I was going to feel EVERYTHING and boy do I. I'm far from great, but better each day. I get an anxious feeling sometimes in my gut that then turns into being a grump. I just pray and pray and try to call my friends, hubby or mom to just get a laugh and I feel better. Another weird thing on sub was that I never really wanted to talk to anyone. I almost became like a recluse in my own home after work. I never used to be that person, I used to always want to go and go and love to talk and hang out with friends and family. I'm slowly seeing my old self appear, but it is a slow process and I'm ready to be myself again. Patty, are you taking anything for your anxiety? I know benzos are terrible, but the klonopin has really helped me. I was feeling like I needed to go to the er because I thought I was having a heart attack my anxiety was so high!!!! My doctor (God Love Him) checked my heart and that is when he prescribed the klonopin to help me off this sub. I'm taking a half of .5mg a day and thinking that by the weekend I'm going to not take them at all. I'm also starting my clonidine taper too. I'm not trying to rush but I certainly don't want to get addicted to the benzo.
    Sunnyside, I'm sorry you've had a rough go around. It has to be hard to be with someone who is also taking the medicine. Don't beat yourself up, because you realized now it isn't worth it and I say your at day 19 with a little bump and you are heading forward!!!!! If people call and want things, just don't answer their calls or tell them to go elsewhere. I know that is easier said than done, but there is no reason to burden yourself just to give someone else their fun and pleasure....it isn't fair to you!!!! God bless you!!!

farmingmom is offline Junior Member

To update you, Robert, on my son. He is feeling pretty bad now, he says worse than he did the morning he went to doctor for first subutex dose. But we don't think he will be up to 26 on the scale until sometime tomorrow maybe. Sure hope it is early. Will I just let you know when he gets there, and you will tell us how to procede? He has lots of 8 mg. suboxone strips and 24 mgs of subutex.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by farmingmom View Post
    To update you, Robert, on my son. He is feeling pretty bad now, he says worse than he did the morning he went to doctor for first subutex dose. But we don't think he will be up to 26 on the scale until sometime tomorrow maybe. Sure hope it is early. Will I just let you know when he gets there, and you will tell us how to procede? He has lots of 8 mg. suboxone strips and 24 mgs of subutex.

I'm coming down with a bad cold but I will not let you guys down. I will check on your son when I get up in the morning I promise. As soon as he hits 26 I will induct him myself and he will be dancing he will feel so good. That's a guarantee! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Well you poor thing. Sorry to bother you when you are sick. I'm trusting you, but finding the dancing thing hard to believe. We are in Alabama, gotta feed my chickens first thing, but am hoping he will sleep till I am done. I wil check on him around 8 or 8:30, then contact you again. Thanks, hope you get some sleep.

Sorry to keep you waiting on us, Robert, but my son isn't anywhere near ready to be reinducted yet. Still not feeling anything except body aches. Does anything speed it up? drinking lots of fluids, walking more? I really hoped to get this done this morning. Seems like the whole thing has been hanging over our heads for two weeks, with no resolve. I hope your cold is not too bad today.

Sorry to keep you waiting on us, Robert, but my son isn't anywhere near ready to be reinducted yet. Still not feeling anything except body aches. Does anything speed it up? drinking lots of fluids, walking more? I really hoped to get this done this morning. Seems like the whole thing has been hanging over our heads for two weeks, with no resolve. I hope your cold is not too bad today.

This is surely the most difficult time of this process of re-induction. If we had done this like I suggested in the beginning it wouldn't have been like two weeks. The dr started him out wrong and your son didn't want to go my way until just recently. I could have had him well along in the process by now had we done this my way when I first suggested it. The waiting game is not fun especially when you've already done it once before. It's hard to not give in and start, but I promise doing it the way I'm saying will make all the difference in his success >> it being a waste of time. I know what I'm doing and I'm committted to sticking this out with you guys!

There isn't anything you can do to rush it. Just be sure he doesn't even take an advil or ANYTHING that helps him for symptoms of any kind. That is all you can do as this has to happen in its own time. That is why I laugh at the absurdity of some sub drs saying," Be here at 1:00 tomorrow and we'll be ready." They can't know that will be the right time in advance! And the patient unfortunately suffers the consequences.

Let me know how he's doing later in the day. Try to give me an accumulative number analysis (a score) of his symptoms based on the COWS worksheet in your opinion. Get as close as you can. Trust me when he is ready he'll be sweating, unable to sit still, jerking, probably have diarrhea or stomach problems, sneezing, yawning, the symptoms will be SOOO obvious.. Remember that you guys will only have to do this ONCE if it's done properly. You've seen the waste of time it is doing it the wrong way, so we might as well pay the price and do it right so he never has to do this again EVER! Just try to be patient, this is so very important for him. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Just rated him on the scale, and he is only about a 12, but he is mean as a snake. I hope this speeds up. Thanks for your help. Pray for patience for his mama.

Just rated him on the scale, and he is only about a 12, but he is mean as a snake. I hope this speeds up. Thanks for your help. Pray for patience for his mama.

Man! I thought he would be higher than that by now.

Not to sound dumb but you are seeing BOTH pages of that COWS worksheet aren't you? Just making sure!

Will pray for mama too! God bless.

Yea, I saw both pages. He is really frustrated, feels bad, just not that bad. Is actually yawning more now. Has waves of chills come over him at times, but doesn't feel that way all the time, is really achy and bones hurt. But not sweating at all. He says he has felt like he was in withdrawal for the last two weeks, so maybe he won't get any worse. He is just kidding. Says to tell you he hasn't taken anything he wasn't supposed to either. Also says he is gonna kill me, but I hope he is kidding about that too.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Farmingmom
    Robert told me to tell you, when this is all over with he will hug you
    hope he gets there soon,
    Melinda

Okay, my son is up to 20, maybe 22. Really ill tempered, wants to know what else I want out of him. Says he actually feels worse than he did when he was in precipitated withdrawal. His pulse rate has never changed at all over the course of the day. Does everyone have an increased pulse rate?

Okay, my son is up to 20, maybe 22. Really ill tempered, wants to know what else I want out of him. Says he actually feels worse than he did when he was in precipitated withdrawal. His pulse rate has never changed at all over the course of the day. Does everyone have an increased pulse rate?

Okay let's go for it but we're going to do this really slowly. He won't get sick the way we do it. Does he have 2mg or 8mg pills?

He has 8 mg strips, those new things

[QUOTE=farmingmom;298950]He has 8 mg strips, those new things[/Q]

Didn't you say that he also has 24mg of subutex? I ask because there is no naloxone is subutex and it's easier to induct with the subutex, then switch him over to the suboxone after we get him stable. Does he still have the 24mg of subutex?

yes we still have it

yes we still have it

Cool! Take an 8mg pill and quarter it. We are going to do this induction with really small increments so bear with me.

Take one of the 2mg pieces and slice it in half with a single-edged razor. If you don't have a razor crush it. Make two equal piles of powder unless you have a single-edged razor. Want to give him just 1mg to start. If you have to crush it crease a business card and let him pour it under his tongue. Know it sounds goofy but it will work. If you can slice it with a razor that is fine. However you get to 1mg that is the goal.

Let him rest after taking the 1mg for a good hour and post back to me. Tell me how he is feeling then. We will have this done over the next couple hours I promise. Here we go! Good luck and God bless.

ok thanks. working on it.

ok thanks. working on it.

Are you using the razor or crushing it? It will be easiest for you with the razor. If you don't have one it would be worth the hassle to give him the first dose, then run to the pharmacy and grab some single-edged blades. I should have mentioned that before. Sorry.

No he didn't have any. I quartered it and crushed a quarter and divided it into two piles and he used one of those piles.

No he didn't have any. I quartered it and crushed a quarter and divided it into two piles and he used one of those piles.

That's fine. We'll get him fixed up and with no more precipitated w/d. And he won't have to be taking any big doses like the dr was talking about. You watch us. You'll both be happy in a couple hours. God bless.

Robert, son is feeling better. Except still has a good bit of leg and back pain. And his head has been killing him all day, and is no better.

Robert, son is feeling better. Except still has a good bit of leg and back pain. And his head has been killing him all day, and is no better.

He has a headache simply from what he's been through. What I always recommend (and it works for whatever reason) is Excedrin Migraine. Give him a couple and his headache will disappear guaranteed. It works better than anything I've seen used at this point. Advil or Ibuprofen help the leg or back pain.

Now give him 1/2 of the other 1mg pile (.5mg). Give him the Excedrin Migraine, wait another hour and let me know how he feels. We are giving him these little doses to give the smallest amount of subutex possible plenty of time to work to its full potential.

He will likely be done within one more dose after this one I'll almost guarantee. But a headache right now is common and it's important to get rid of it. Talk soon. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-15-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks, he had been begging to take excedrin, it's what he usually takes for headaches. Has always had bad ones, and has had unexplained hip and leg pain since he was a small boy. Doctors never could find a reason. We are both worried that it will come back after he is clean, and will weaken his resolve to leave the pills alone. He has noticed that the muscle weakness that has plagued him since he started subutex/suboxone is gone! He is starting to get excited.

Anonymous Guest

Thanks, he had been begging to take excedrin, it's what he usually takes for headaches. Has always had bad ones, and has had unexplained hip and leg pain since he was a small boy. Doctors never could find a reason. We are both worried that it will come back after he is clean, and will weaken his resolve to leave the pills alone. He has noticed that the muscle weakness that has plagued him since he started subutex/suboxone is gone! He is starting to get excited.
    Hi farmingmom, has he ever been checked for fibromyalgia, I was just wondering since you said he had leg pain since he was a small boy..I had that to and know Doctors couls tell my mom what was wrong..they just told her it was growing pains.

No doctor has ever suggested it, but I have wondered. His grandmother has that, and several other auto-immune diseases. Maybe we need to see another doctor, just no narcotics!

No doctor has ever suggested it, but I have wondered. His grandmother has that, and several other auto-immune diseases. Maybe we need to see another doctor, just no narcotics!

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's Phenomenon and APS(antiphospholipid syndrome .... causes blood clots, I've had three) they are all autoimmune diseases, all very painful and the original cause of my rx opiate abuse. Plus five knee operations from playing racquetball for 25 years.

He should be checked periodically for his pressure points for fibro and have an ANA test, CBC(complete blood count), RH factor(rheumatoid factor), ESR (sed rate checks inflamation), ...... a complete set of bloodwork. Sometimes it can show positive and the next time negative. Can take years to get an accurate diagnosis for autoimmune illnesses. But it's worth the effort to do the bloodwork and check pressure points.. It helped me immensely. I moderated two autoimmune disease forums for almost ten years before this forum. He should see a Rheumatologist at your very first convenience.

We are going to get your son fixed up I promise you.

Robert, it sounds like you have a lot to deal with yourself. Thanks for taking so much time for others who need you. Update on his current condition - headache is gone. Leg and knee pain is slightly better, but not gone. Other than that, he feels so much better. His hands had been so weak for last couple weeks that he couldn't grip things correctly, and that is gone.

Robert, it sounds like you have a lot to deal with yourself. Thanks for taking so much time for others who need you. Update on his current condition - headache is gone. Leg and knee pain is slightly better, but not gone. Other than that, he feels so much better. His hands had been so weak for last couple weeks that he couldn't grip things correctly, and that is gone.

The hand problem is a symptom of both Raynaud's and RA.

Give him the other .5mg tonight and that is it. That will make him stable at 2mg. In the morning when he gets up give him 1mg, then another 1mg later about 8 hours in the afternoon. Don't take anything during the middle of the day unless it's excedrin.

My inductions take about 4-5 days. I have a feeling we'll end up with him at about 1.5mg a day when we are done. But do the 1mg twice tomorrow and let me know how he feels during the day. Told you we would make him feel good. HE ONLY HAS TO DO THIS ONCE DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY!!!. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-15-2010 at 09:30 PM.

He is also worried that this feeling won't last. Right before he quit the suboxone a few days ago, it would make him feel good for a couple hours, then he would crash.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast