Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
    farmingmom is offline Junior Member

He says to tell you thank you so much. We are very hopeful. Hope your cold is better soon.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by farmingmom View Post
    He is also worried that this feeling won't last. Right before he quit the suboxone a few days ago, it would make him feel good for a couple hours, then he would crash.

Tell him I said to stop being negative and to trust me. I wouldn't sit here all Friday night doing this if I didn't know what I'm doing. I won't let him down. Have some faith.

Thanks for the kind wishes on my cold. We are going to be successful getting your son clean if he will go along with me. I've done it myself and I know what works.

Read around the forum at all the people who've gotten clean in the last ten days following my sub taper plan. IT WORKS!!! It's worked for people all over the world. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-15-2010 at 09:47 PM.

My son is doing great today! Says he feels perfectly fine, even his legs don't hurt. Has actually worked all day on a relative's house that is under construction. It is the first day he has been able to work in two weeks. Thanks so much. He had 1 mg. subutex when he got up this morning and should be taking the other one soon.

My son is doing great today! Says he feels perfectly fine, even his legs don't hurt. Has actually worked all day on a relative's house that is under construction. It is the first day he has been able to work in two weeks. Thanks so much. He had 1 mg. subutex when he got up this morning and should be taking the other one soon.

farmingmom ....... I love hearing news like that! I'm happy for your son and he was SOOO fortunate to have you there helping him through the hard part before we began the induction. Moms are tough to beat! We will keep him on the 1mg twice daily for a couple more days. Be sure he doses at the same time each day! Want to make sure he continues to do well at that dose and the timing is important.. I don't anticipate any problems for him at all. Can you believe the dr was suggesting he take 16mg the second day! They just don't understand how this stuff works.

Since we started the induction on Friday and he's doing so well, if all continues to stay the same which I think it will, we will reduce his dose on the fourth day by 25% down to 3mg each day. That will be the dose he stays at for about a week or so until we begin the taper. It's what I refer to as the "lowest effective dose." Have to remember that as well as he's feeling he's still going through an opiate detox right now. The subutex is just hiding it. So we want to allow that week for him to get past the worst of the opiate detox. Then we'll start the taper.

Keep me posted how he's doing. If he does have any body pain, head aches or muscle aches he can take advil or excedrin, whatever works for him that's over-the-counter. Let me know how things are going each of the next couple days. I will be in church tomorrow until mid-afternoon. Sundays are my favorite day, get to give thanks for all my blessings. But I'll be home by 2:00 anyway.

I'm so glad this went so well and is progressing as it is. This is exactly what I expected but it's hard to tell someone that when they are freaking out like he was last night before we started the induction. I know he'll do well as long as he listens and sticks to the instructions. We will have him totally clean including being off the subs within a couple months. Then he'll never have to use again and you'll have your son back. That's what it's all about! Stay in touch and I'll say a special prayer just for him in church tomorrow. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-16-2010 at 04:40 PM.

farmingmom ...... CORRECTION On the fourth day when we reduce his dose 25% it will be down to 1.5mg not 3mg. Have no idea where I got that from. Guess I post too much sometimes. But I wanted to correct that before you thought I was goofy! God bless.

Thanks so much. I feel as if a huge burden has been lifted, and he says he feels the same way. I am not sure I understand the dose reduction you mentioned, though. Did you mean that he would reduce his dose to 1.5, since he is on 2 now?

Oops, saw that you corrected that. Had me scratching my head for a moment.

Oops, saw that you corrected that. Had me scratching my head for a moment.

I can do an induction but I still mess up sometimes when I start typing too fast. Couldn't believe I made that mistake. Talk with you guys later. God bless.

Default Good afternoon, Robert.

I hope you enjoyed your worship service today. We did! My son is still feeling pretty good. Only minor complaints. He says he is not sleeping as well as he would like, but not unable to sleep or anything. Also he said his legs have been hurting some today. I don't know how much of that is because of opiate withdrawal, and how much is normal. Just thought I would tell you. Overall, he is still doing really well.

I hope you enjoyed your worship service today. We did! My son is still feeling pretty good. Only minor complaints. He says he is not sleeping as well as he would like, but not unable to sleep or anything. Also he said his legs have been hurting some today. I don't know how much of that is because of opiate withdrawal, and how much is normal. Just thought I would tell you. Overall, he is still doing really well.

We had a great service today thanks for asking. Remember that I said the induction takes 4-5 days where we get the dose adjusted and get him on track. Being he is still in the induction period give him ONLY .5mg extra right now.. We will still reduce the dose at the end of the induction and he's still going to be on a great dose. I just want to make sure the extra .5mg doesn't make the difference for him at this point. Let me know in an hour. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-17-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Just read your post few minutes ago. Am juggling several things at the moment. I cook a big family supper every Sunday night. He is taking the .5 mg. now. We will be leaving for evening worship services about the time an hour is up. I will post right before we go and let you know how he is feeling, but might not be able to check your reply for a couple hours. Thanks again for your help. I wish life was as simple as for me as cooking!

Okay, and I am confused now that I think about it. He should have been taking his regular 1 mg. evening dose about the time you said for him to take the .5. Did you mean in addition to the regular dose, because he only took the .5 and held on to the 1 mg. regular dose

Robert, sorry I forgot to post the hour after he took the .5 mg. He said he felt fine at that time. What now?

subhelp is offline New Member

Default Day 11

Robert,
    I again want to thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! It is Day 11 no suboxone for me!!!! I'm still using the clonidine, but only half of one and the klonopin, only a half of one, because I can tell when my anxiety levels are very high!!! I feel good, and getting back to life. Here's my question.....i know I used suboxone for 5 years so I'm a little different, but when will the anxiety slow down? I want to stop taking these other medicines now, but still feel bad when my anxiety gets too high. I again what to thank you so much for all of your help. I couldn't be at Day 11 without your help and advice. God Bless You!!!!!

Farmingmom,
    I hope your son feels better soon, and please believe me and Robert when he says he knows what he is doing!!!!! NOONE, not even my doctor could get me off of the suboxone and with just a couple of emails from Robert I was done!!!!!!

Robert, sorry I forgot to post the hour after he took the .5 mg. He said he felt fine at that time. What now?

Hope you had a great worship service last night. Since we added that .5mg he is up to 2.5mg now and we'll use the whole five days for induction which is perfectly fine.

Just give him 1.25mg twice daily today and tomorrow. I'm hoping we can then drop the dose by 25% and proceed forward but I want to make sure all is well. Keep me posted. Don't worry about the extra dose.

He is still at a minimal dose and is doing wonderfully. I'm excited for him. Talk soon. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by subhelp View Post
    Robert,
    I again want to thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! It is Day 11 no suboxone for me!!!! I'm still using the clonidine, but only half of one and the klonopin, only a half of one, because I can tell when my anxiety levels are very high!!! I feel good, and getting back to life. Here's my question.....i know I used suboxone for 5 years so I'm a little different, but when will the anxiety slow down? I want to stop taking these other medicines now, but still feel bad when my anxiety gets too high. I again what to thank you so much for all of your help. I couldn't be at Day 11 without your help and advice. God Bless You!!!!!

Farmingmom,
    I hope your son feels better soon, and please believe me and Robert when he says he knows what he is doing!!!!! NOONE, not even my doctor could get me off of the suboxone and with just a couple of emails from Robert I was done!!!!!!

subhelp ..... congrats on the 11 days clean. You've been awesome to work with and I know this is a huge monkey off your back after using the subs for so long. keep me posted how you progress.

Don't stop taking the klonopin yet or even start a taper yet as we need to get your anxiety stable. After using subs five years we will still likely be working together yet for a while on that.

I can taper you off the klonopin just like the subs, have done it many times. But we need to handle one thing at a time. Hang in there and just let me know how you're feeling every couple days or so. We will know when it's time to move forward, but I don't want to jump the gun and cause you problems.. God bless.

Okay, and I am confused now that I think about it. He should have been taking his regular 1 mg. evening dose about the time you said for him to take the .5. Did you mean in addition to the regular dose, because he only took the .5 and held on to the 1 mg. regular dose

Yes I meant to go to 1.5mg last night for a total of 2.5mg for the day. Let's get him on track today with 2.5mg. We will still be lowering the dose on the last day of the induction. Trust my method of madness is all I can say. It will work I promise you.

I didn't want him having the problem you mentioned last night so I wanted him to take 1.5mg. We will get it straight today. God bless.

Thanks, Subhelp, for your good wishes for my son. He seems to be doing great. I hope you continue to have such good results with your withdrawal from suboxone. I greatly appreciate all the kind words from others on this forum, and am especially thankful to Robert for his help.

subhelp is offline New Member

Default Day 12 and Counting....

Robert,
    I have a question......I know that I am going to take the klonopin for a few more days, as you recommended, but I want to taper the clonidine. I've been taking it for a little over a month and now I take a half of a 0.1mg daily and just want to know what a healthy schedule on that would be. I certainly don't want my blood pressue to shoot up, but with the klonopin I feel my anxiety will be controlled. Can you give me a safe taper on the clonidine and then maybe next week we will be ready for the klonopin taper??? Just asking....not really trying to rush, but with the sub mess pretty much over I just want to not take anything other than my vitamins. Baby making time is coming soon for me and I want to be clean of everything by the middle of next month. Thanks again for your help!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by subhelp View Post
    Robert,
    I have a question......I know that I am going to take the klonopin for a few more days, as you recommended, but I want to taper the clonidine. I've been taking it for a little over a month and now I take a half of a 0.1mg daily and just want to know what a healthy schedule on that would be. I certainly don't want my blood pressue to shoot up, but with the klonopin I feel my anxiety will be controlled. Can you give me a safe taper on the clonidine and then maybe next week we will be ready for the klonopin taper??? Just asking....not really trying to rush, but with the sub mess pretty much over I just want to not take anything other than my vitamins. Baby making time is coming soon for me and I want to be clean of everything by the middle of next month. Thanks again for your help!!!!!!!

You can taper the clonidine agressively. Cut it by 25% every two days. You'll be off it in a little over a week. The klonopin will help you with anxiety and help you relax. Bod bless.

Robert, my son says he feels as if we are harrassing you have to death, and to not mention his problems to you. But I am his mama, and have to do it. I don't know if this is because we messed up his Sunday night dose, where he only got .5 mg instead of 1.5, or not. But he tells me that even though he does feel better than he did before reinduction, he is still having problems. He says he feels as if he is in withdrawal when he gets up in the morning. Stomach and bones hurting. Has to wait an hour or so after dose to feel like going to work. Then by 1 or so in the afternoon is again feeling very sluggish and achy. He says it has been so long since he was a normal person, he doesn't know if it is normal to feel this way. He had 2.5 mg yesterday, and will be on that again today. As best as I can tell. It is so hard for us to be sure we are accurate, but think it is pretty close.

Robert, my son says he feels as if we are harrassing you have to death, and to not mention his problems to you. But I am his mama, and have to do it. I don't know if this is because we messed up his Sunday night dose, where he only got .5 mg instead of 1.5, or not. But he tells me that even though he does feel better than he did before reinduction, he is still having problems. He says he feels as if he is in withdrawal when he gets up in the morning. Stomach and bones hurting. Has to wait an hour or so after dose to feel like going to work. Then by 1 or so in the afternoon is again feeling very sluggish and achy. He says it has been so long since he was a normal person, he doesn't know if it is normal to feel this way. He had 2.5 mg yesterday, and will be on that again today. As best as I can tell. It is so hard for us to be sure we are accurate, but think it is pretty close.

Remember I said the induction takes 4-5 days to get it perfect, plus you guys got the dose messed up Sunday. If he's feeling badly in the morning take the last dose of the day later. This is why we do the induction over several days to find out what works for each person. Push the late dose back about three hours or so so it will still be in his system good when he gets up. Then take the morning dose just a little later. What times has he been dosing?

When he gets up, between 6 and 8 depending on whether he works, and then takes second dose usually around 4 pm

When he gets up, between 6 and 8 depending on whether he works, and then takes second dose usually around 4 pm

Okay so let's change the times up a little to coincide with his symptoms. Take the morning dose about 10 and then dose again about 7:00 - 7:30. That should hold him over a little longer in the morning. This is why I need to know what is happening during the induction. This should help. We can always change it by another hour if necessary. Once we get it right he won't have any problems and we'll keep the times the same from then on.. You're not bothering me. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-19-2010 at 04:20 PM.

He just came in from work, says he feels bad, took him 5 minutes to gather the energy to get out of his truck and he can't keep living this way. Scaring me.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-14-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Then pushing the dose back like I said should help. Also he can take ibuprofen or naproxen (advil or aleve), whatever helps., but changing the dosing time should help him. He could even take a muscle relaxer like soma if his body is aching. Has he had any MRI tests done? What is his medical diagnosis?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-14-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Has had an mri as recently as a year ago. Nothing ever shows up. Blood work has never shown anything unusual. But I believe his pain has always been real. Little kids don't make up this stuff. Saw specialist as a child in Birmingham and Memphis, always the same result, No reason for his leg pain.

Has had an mri as recently as a year ago. Nothing ever shows up. Blood work has never shown anything unusual. But I believe his pain has always been real. Little kids don't make up this stuff. Saw specialist as a child in Birmingham and Memphis, always the same result, No reason for his leg pain.

I totally believe him and about the pain. It took the doctors decades to diagnose me. That's why I ended up on pain meds for 35 years. Turns out I have all kinds of autoimmune problems. It's hard to diagnose those illnesses as bloodwork changes, there are no cures, it sucks to be blunt. I have finally been diagnosed with RA, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Fibromyalgia, and APS(antiphospholipid syndrome) which hardly anyone has ever even heard of. They all cause pain and the APS also causes my body to produce blood clots. I've had three in the last four years.

I had five knee operations from sports injuries but the autoimmune illnesses I've had since I was a kid I know. The drs just didn't catch them. And when I think back about my dad and other family members I can see that they had the same illnesses as me and were never diagnosed.

I am 57 so I've been through this a long time. I will bet you he has autoimmune issues. I moderated an autoimmune disease forum for a long time before posting here. Does he have cold hands or feet by chance or cold sensitivity? Does he have any strange symptoms you can tell me about? I know this autoimmune stuff. I'm not a know-it-all, but I've been through it and I just think the drs haven't figured out your son's problems. Maybe I can help? I don't mind trying.

Has he ever had a doppler test done on his legs? Raynaud's can cause leg pain but it's tough to diagnose.. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-19-2010 at 04:52 PM.

I found a prescription here for robaxin, will get that filled and try that if you think it is okay.

I found a prescription here for robaxin, will get that filled and try that if you think it is okay.

Robaxin is a muscle relaxer and I don't think it would hurt him. Give it a try. Just be prudent with the amount you give him. If we work on this together we might come up with an answer. I will try to help you if you want me to.. God bless.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast