Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
    cantstanditnomore is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    HI Ron & John
    Robert has gone to a function at church.. we will be home later this evening...
    talk to you soon, Melinda
    Hi, Melinda! Thanks for the quick response... I'll Stay on this page till I hear back from you guys, then! Thanks again! Ron

Quote Originally Posted by cantstanditnomore View Post
    Hi, Melinda! Thanks for the quick response... I'll Stay on this page till I hear back from you guys, then! Thanks again! Ron
    Hi, Robert & Melinda! Haven't heard from you guys yet & it's Midnight here, so I'm going to bed. We are in the East & I THINK you guys are in the West, so I'll just check in in the morning & see if you had a chance to respond yet. Good nite & God Bless! Ron

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Hey, Robert! Sorry about not posting sooner....I didn't see this post & was waiting to hear from you via email, but you're right...this not only makes more sense, but gives other readers a chance to be supportive of our goal, too
    OK...I'll call myself Ron & my partner John for the sake of some anonymity. My (Ron's) current dose is: four 2mg tablets per day...I usually take one evry 5 hours and take an extra one if I'm stressed or need an energy boost. John's current dose is two to three 2mg tablets daily, taking 1 every 6 hours. I, Ron, have been prescribed 4 a day for the last 6 mo. & John has been doing 1-2 a day & increased his to 2-3 a day over the last 3 weeks. As a result, we always seem to use up all my prescription in 3 weeks & end up suffering horrible withdrawals the last week before I go to my sub doc & refill every month. This last month, I told my sub doc that the 4 a day weren't working anymore, so he'd up my dose so we wouldn't run out, but, it has backfired as we just started taking more.....It really sux, cuz I hadn't done any research on Subs before getting on them & didn't know they have a worse withdrawal when stopped than the vikes we used to take! Please help us taper so we can be pill free! Thanks in advance soooo much, Robert!

Guys .... we were at church functions all weekend, up until late last night for the kids and halloween. So just getting back on here.

First off you aren't dosing properly. You either dose two equal doses daily or once a day. Taking the subs however it feels right that day won't get this done. Pick a dose, any dose that you are stable at for the whole day, then we'll make a taper plan.

You will want to reduce the dose by 25% every four days. So I can only lead you based on how you do at this. I can't be limited by the number of pills you have. It sounds like you may run a little short honestly based on the numbers you gave me.

I'll wait to hear back from you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default Ok....here we gooooooo

Hi, Robert! Sorry about last weekend...I didn't mean to pester you so much! . Well, my Sub Dr. has prescribed them as follows off the bottle: "Take 1 tablet 5 times a day". So, first off, should I (Ron) begin by reducing my daily dose 25% (take 3.75 tablets daily instead of my current 5) taking all 3.75 at once in the morning, or should I take 1.75 in the morning, then 1.75 in the evening? I want to do this correctly & if you say that my Sub Doc prescribed them wrong, I'll do it however YOU suggest because, obviously from all I have read, YOU know what you are doing & I trust YOU more than my sub doc. He just wants me to stay on these rotten things forever so he can keep cashing in on it $$$. Please let me know & have a great day & God Bless you Guys! Ron

Ron ........ Split the total into two equal doses for now until you get the total down to under 1mg. It just makes the taper a little easier physically doing two doses. Some do it all in one dose all along and that is acceptable too. I just prefer the two equal doses personally. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Ron ........ Split the total into two equal doses for now until you get the total down to under 1mg. It just makes the taper a little easier physically doing two doses. Some do it all in one dose all along and that is acceptable too. I just prefer the two equal doses personally. God bless.
    Hi, Robert! Ok...so tomorrow, I'll start my first taper from 5 taken 5 times a day to 1&3/4 taken in 2 equal doses of 1.75 twice a day for 4 days...right? WHEN should I take the 2 doses? Upon waking in the morning & at supper time, or what? How important is it to take the doses at the same times everyday? Just wondering....this is a little scary for me, Man! Thanks! Ron

Hi, Robert! Ok...so tomorrow, I'll start my first taper from 5 taken 5 times a day to 1&3/4 taken in 2 equal doses of 1.75 twice a day for 4 days...right? WHEN should I take the 2 doses? Upon waking in the morning & at supper time, or what? How important is it to take the doses at the same times everyday? Just wondering....this is a little scary for me, Man! Thanks! Ron

Take it when you get up and late afternoon for now. And do it at the same time each day unless there's a problem and we need to adjust something. Don't worry about anything for now. Let's just get your dose down to a good reasonable level and then we'll get down to the nitty gritty. For now just do the taper and relax! God bless.

Default Taper update-day one

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Take it when you get up and late afternoon for now. And do it at the same time each day unless there's a problem and we need to adjust something. Don't worry about anything for now. Let's just get your dose down to a good reasonable level and then we'll get down to the nitty gritty. For now just do the taper and relax! God bless.
    Hi, Robert! Well, 1st day of 1st taper is over & it went just fine. I took the 1.75 pills upon waking & then 1.75 right before supper. I have to say that I actually think I felt BETTER today than I have in a long time. John started his taper today, too & is doing ok. Thanks again for your time & help with this....I'm really pumped now & determined to kick this stuff & be FREEE THANK YOU JESUS, TOO! Ron

joanne burns is offline New Member

Talking You deserve a hugh hand and A+ for wanting off it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Banze View Post
    Ive got a question for all of you...how do you get off Soboxine safetly and w/p major pain/withdrawls?
    I checked myself into detox 2 weeks ago for an addiction to hydrocodone, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin you name it. Orginally I was given hydro for migraines due to a bad car accident I was in 7 years ago where I suffered major head trauma and a broken hip. Over the years I was pretty good about it, then I started using them recreationaly on the weekends with Soma, and Xanax, Valium. Then that turned into an everyday thing, and then for the last year it was a maintanence addiction, for those that dont know what that means, I had to take hydro everyday or I got sick, I never got high on it anymore no matter how much I took, I just had to take it almost like a vitmain daily to feel normal.
    So needless to say about a year of that, having multiple prescrptions, going to urgent care and the ER, lying, the wonderful internet RX sites, spending close to $600 on hydro a month I knew it had to stop. In detox, which SUCKED I was put on Suboxine, 2mg every four hours. At first it worked great, I mean it really worked but now out of detox and stil on it I want off. I dont feel very good on it, Im deppressed, irritable, and just yucky. My Dr wants me on it for months and says I am going to go through withdrawls when I come off, GREAT! whats the point?? Its like he switched one drug for another.
    In the future I still have to use Hydrocodone with Imitrex for my insane migraines, but NOT abuse it, and I know that is all on me. I know I cant take hydro with Suboxine or I will get really sick, right? Lucklily I havent had a migraine lately. But I really want off the Suboxine and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or could share their story of how they came off the stuff.
    At present I am on Suboxne 2 mg/4times a day, Buspar 15mg/twice a day Soma 350 mg/2 a day and Xanax .10 mg as needed. I really want off it all completly because I still dont feel normal and I read all these things about people coming off the pills and how great they feel and I am frustrated because I still feel real bad and Im sick of depending on pills to alter my mood. So any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dont get me wrong I think Suboxone is a great thing and it really helped me a lot in detox/through detox but I red up on it and people are on it for years, NO THANK YOU!! So before I get that hooked and dependent on the I would like to get myself off and my doctor is no help, either are my friends who tell me wait 18 hrs after my last dose and take Hydro for the withdrawls, HELLO what is the point, dont want to put myself in that cycle. Please help!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-14-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joanne burns View Post

joanne burns ........ Sorry to have not replied to you sooner, but the guy you are posting to above has not been on this forum since 2004. He stopped posting before I ever even got here. That is a long time ago and subs had just become available in the USA a year before in 2003. Not much info was available right at first at that time, at least not info that was backed up with experience like it is today.

You don't have to be afraid of subs. Don't take them unless you need them but don't let a post from six years ago scare you. There is some excellent guidance available today. Here is a link at the end of this reply that explains how we've done this here for a long time, several years successfully. I wrote this link myself based on how I tapered off subs successfully years ago and countless others have done it since. I've stayed clean afterwards well over eight years now. It's worked for LOTS of people. If I can help you farther let me know, but the original poster on this thread (Banze) is probably not going to see your post being that he's been gone for so many years.

Lots of progress has been made over the last six years. Check out the following link and if you want to talk let us know. It's NOT just switching one drug for another when it's done properly. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-14-2010 at 08:48 AM.

farmingmom is offline Junior Member

Default Robert?

I am sure you thought farmingmom and her son dropped off the planet. Feels that way. Shortly after my last post, my mother was diagnosed with metastized lung cancer, and passed away a harrowing three weeks later. I was a hundred miles away from my son, and decided to leave him on the dose he was on until we were both on steady ground. He is now lowering his dose, as per your written instructions I found in several locations. He is down to a .875 dose at the moment. Has been reducing by 25% every four days. He has never felt "well" on suboxone and continues to say that he feels in constant withdrawal. He is sick of it and wanting to just quit. I am trying to persuade him to wait until he is at a .5 dose. He had an appointment with a new rheumatologist in ten days. I bought L-tyrosine for him, which he takes occasionally. Thought I would just give you an update, in case you have any further suggestions. Thanks.

farmingmom is offline Junior Member

Has an appointment, not had.

snap_knight is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmich1169 View Post
    I am new here so "Hi" to everyone! I was addicted to pain pills for about 3yrs it got worse in the last year when I turned to oxycontins. Anyways I started Suboxone in April(over 6 months ago) and I just stopped taking it about a week ago. I did keep lowing my dosage until I was out about 1 or 2 days later the withdrawal symptoms starting kicking in. I feel like hell! Like when I had to feel before they give you your first dose of suboxone, you have to be in withdrawal for it to begin to work.
    I am about ready to start taking pain pills again or go back on Suboxone. The withdrawal is too much I have the sweats, chills, nausea, diarehea,restless legs, insomnia you name it. All I do is lay around most of the day wishing it would go away. And my therapist says "hang in there, it will pass!" But it doesnt feel that way. I feel worse than I did when I was taking the pain pills. Maybe I do need to stay on them for life, I don't know.

Does anyone else have familiar withdrawal symptoms from coming off of Suboxone?
    I was on Buprenorphine/Suboxone for over five years. I tried many methods trying to get off of it when I deemed I no longer needed it. I tried cold turkey, accupuncture, hypnosis and weaning to extremely low doses. I was always doing research. I am also a recovering alcoholic.

My therapist knew of my struggle and asked me to read a book he had recently obtained. It was called The End of My Addiction, by Dr. Oliver Ameisen. Dr. Ameisen was a severe alcoholic who discovered that Baclofen cured him of his desire to use alcohol. In his book, he also stated that he thought Baclofen could be used for other addictions as well. My heart did a little jump!

I started researching Baclofen which was being used frequently in Europe. I compiled my research and took it to my physician. He agreed to let me try it the same way in which Dr. Ameisen used it. After finally resting on a dose that was comfortable, I started testing myself to see how long I could comfortably go without a dose. I was only on 1/2 mg/day. I was able to stretch it out for two to two and a half days. Then I began to have restless leg syndrome severely. That was my only complaint but one I can't stand. There was no upset stomach, no diarrhea, no shakes... only restless leg.

I went back to my physician and told him the problem and asked him if he could put me on Mirapex. My therapist used it for severe chronic restless leg and said it worked wonders. My physician wrote me a script and I started taking it. Two days after starting it, I took myself off of Buprenorphine. I felt really tired but I believe I was overusing my Clonidine which my psychiatrist had prescribed for anxiety. I quit taking the Clonidine and within 24 hours, I felt much better.

The only problem that I am having is being extremely tired. It seems to be good one day, then terrible the next. But, I haven't had any Buprenorphine in almost a month. I am ecstatic about being off of the Bupe.

snap_knight is offline New Member

I was on Buprenorphine for over five years. I tried many methods trying to get off of it when I deemed I no longer needed it. I tried cold turkey, accupuncture, hypnosis and weaning to extremely low doses. I was always doing research. I am also a recovering alcoholic.

My therapist knew of my struggle and asked me to read a book he had recently obtained. It was called The End of My Addiction, by Dr. Oliver Ameisen. Dr. Ameisen was a severe alcoholic who discovered that Baclofen cured him of his desire to use alcohol. In his book, he also stated that he thought Baclofen could be used for other addictions as well. My heart did a little jump!

I started researching Baclofen which was being used frequently in Europe. I compiled my research and took it to my physician. He agreed to let me try it the same way in which Dr. Ameisen used it. After finally resting on a dose that was comfortable, I started testing myself to see how long I could comfortably go without a dose. I was only on 1/2 mg/day. I was able to stretch it out for two to two and a half days. Then I began to have restless leg syndrome severely. That was my only complaint but one I can't stand. There was no upset stomach, no diarrhea, no shakes... only restless leg.

I went back to my physician and told him the problem and asked him if he could put me on Mirapex. My therapist used it for severe chronic restless leg and said it worked wonders. My physician wrote me a script and I started taking it. Two days after starting it, I took myself off of Buprenorphine. I felt really tired but I believe I was overusing my Clonidine which my psychiatrist had prescribed for anxiety. I quit taking the Clonidine and within 24 hours, I felt much better.

The only problem that I am having is being extremely tired. It seems to be good one day, then terrible the next. But, I haven't had any Buprenorphine in almost a month. I am ecstatic about being off of the Bupe.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-14-2010 at 06:38 PM.

everdown84 is offline New Member

Robert, You helped me a couple of months ago with your taper plan to come off subutex. It took me a while longer than your plan but I did stop the subutex on dec. 20th. I jumped off at 2mg because I checked myself into a detox and 2mg is what the stoped me at. I also stopped taking xanax on dec. 10th. I was taking 4mg a day for about 4 years, give or take. The reason I am writing you is because I am a mess and im not sure what to do. The detox center put me on phenobarbitol from the 10th to the 17th to control benzo withdrdawl. I have been threw opiate WD before and it was nothing like this. I am having all types of symptoms and I am guessing that I am dealing with both wd at the same time. My symptoms are- stiff muscles, freezing cold, insomnia since the 20th of dec., very dizzy, loosing balance, cold sweats, extream mania. My main question is, do you think I am still wd'ing from xanax if I stopped on the 10th or is it the subutex that I am dealing with or is it both? Should I go to a hospital to get seizure medication? Im struggling really bad and any feed back will be much appreciated.
    Thank you and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by everdown84 View Post
    Robert, You helped me a couple of months ago with your taper plan to come off subutex. It took me a while longer than your plan but I did stop the subutex on dec. 20th. I jumped off at 2mg because I checked myself into a detox and 2mg is what the stoped me at. I also stopped taking xanax on dec. 10th. I was taking 4mg a day for about 4 years, give or take. The reason I am writing you is because I am a mess and im not sure what to do. The detox center put me on phenobarbitol from the 10th to the 17th to control benzo withdrdawl. I have been threw opiate WD before and it was nothing like this. I am having all types of symptoms and I am guessing that I am dealing with both wd at the same time. My symptoms are- stiff muscles, freezing cold, insomnia since the 20th of dec., very dizzy, loosing balance, cold sweats, extream mania. My main question is, do you think I am still wd'ing from xanax if I stopped on the 10th or is it the subutex that I am dealing with or is it both? Should I go to a hospital to get seizure medication? Im struggling really bad and any feed back will be much appreciated.
    Thank you and God Bless

HI Everdown.... I remember you. Glad you're still off the subs and now the benzos. It sounds like they may have created a problem for you with the Phenobarbs. Barbituates are very addictive as well. The drs won't stop giving one drug to over ride another. Yes you should probably talk to the dr. Barbitutate w/d can be dangerous. Let me know how it goes and what they say. God bless.

sickofbeingsicknsc is offline New Member

Question Please help me Robert

I've been on suboxone for 18 mths after being on methadone for 8 yrs on and off. I have cont. asked my doc to detox me and he keeps saying "you need to stay on 8 mg per mth," writes the script and sends me away. He promised me I could detox w/o being sick, like I was on methadone. Now I am learning the truth. This medicine cost my family 300 bucks a month so after begging to be detoxed, I got the film 8 mgs and tried to cut it into 8 pieces. I've taken two of those pieces and I'm sick as a dog. I have a baby and I can't just lay around, but I'm hurting and so are our pockets. Is there any meds I can get from my PCP to help me detox? I just want to sleep. I have the will, please God show me the way. I don't have the cash to go back to my suboxone dr. until the 13th of next mth. and I only have 3/ 8mg strips left. can it be done that quickly? If not, how long can I make this last? Will benzos help or clonidine? I can't believe I was off methadone and I fell for the BS!! In my defense I was pregnant and afraid I'd relapse. PLEASE READ THIS AND RESPOND W/ HELP!!! One more thing does anyone know of any doc's that will take cigna insurance for the payment to see the dr. to get the script in S.C.? Thank u for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by sickofbeingsicknsc View Post
    I've been on suboxone for 18 mths after being on methadone for 8 yrs on and off. I have cont. asked my doc to detox me and he keeps saying "you need to stay on 8 mg per mth," writes the script and sends me away. He promised me I could detox w/o being sick, like I was on methadone. Now I am learning the truth. This medicine cost my family 300 bucks a month so after begging to be detoxed, I got the film 8 mgs and tried to cut it into 8 pieces. I've taken two of those pieces and I'm sick as a dog. I have a baby and I can't just lay around, but I'm hurting and so are our pockets. Is there any meds I can get from my PCP to help me detox? I just want to sleep. I have the will, please God show me the way. I don't have the cash to go back to my suboxone dr. until the 13th of next mth. and I only have 3/ 8mg strips left. can it be done that quickly? If not, how long can I make this last? Will benzos help or clonidine? I can't believe I was off methadone and I fell for the BS!! In my defense I was pregnant and afraid I'd relapse. PLEASE READ THIS AND RESPOND W/ HELP!!! One more thing does anyone know of any doc's that will take cigna insurance for the payment to see the dr. to get the script in S.C.? Thank u for your time.

I will help you. This needs to be done with a proper taper. Read the following link. This is how I did this myself years ago and have worked successfully with countless people on this forum who are now totally clean. Let me know when you read the link. And we need to start your own thread as you can get lost in this big thread. Then we can communicate one on one on a small thread without so many other people. Don't freak out! I can help you do this and as low as your dose is we can have you clean in a month, maybe a little longer, if you'll just follow everything I ask you to do. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Default Thank you so much.

I have read the link and I am ready to start my own thread now. I get my new prescription on the 10th of January. If you will walk me through how to start a thread I will do it because I can't figure it out on my own at this time because I am withdrawing so severly. Thank you for being here for all of us who are trying to do the next right thing.

I have read the link and I am ready to start my own thread now. I get my new prescription on the 10th of January. If you will walk me through how to start a thread I will do it because I can't figure it out on my own at this time because I am withdrawing so severly. Thank you for being here for all of us who are trying to do the next right thing.

Go to the "Quick Links" button at the top right of this page and click it and hit "Today's Posts". I will do it for you. All of your posts here will be there with your name in the subject line.

jeff1971 is offline New Member

Default Stopping the darkness

Hello,my story much like others i have read doctor put me on 280 viks amouth 4 years ago.which turn into 16 viks aday. I almost lost everything went to rehab they put me on subs worst thing i could of done took them for 3 mouths. woke up said no more.it has been 11days so far i got my mind back body still hurts put getting there.worst thing i ever been threw.but it can be done i did it if u new me you would see anybody can if i did. its hard, scary, hurts, but your not alone so if anyone doing this also and needs help maybe just to hear some one to say you be ok you can email me i can tell you what i went threw and i can maybe help
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-31-2010 at 02:59 PM.

christopher1973 is offline New Member

Default 4th day of hell

I've been lurking for a few days trying to figure out a way to ease this w/d. I've been on sub for almost 3 yrs and was down to 1mg in the morn and .5 in the afternoon. I've wanted off for 2 yrs now but could never get past the physical anxiety from missing a dose.
    So wed was my last dose of 1mg and I have made it to sunday morn. I've been taking pieces of xanax for the anxiety along with the clonidine and it seems to work. I actually got some sleep last night by taking a piece of xanax before bed. I still feel very lethargic and can hardly move.
    My doc gave me a script for naltrexone to take on the 5th day of w/d and I'll be fine. Anyone have any experience with this?? I pray it works or I'm outta work for a while. I have two lil girls to take care of and a wife that are great support but are gettiing sick of me on the couch. Any advice or feedback would be helpful. Thanks

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by christopher1973 View Post
    I've been lurking for a few days trying to figure out a way to ease this w/d. I've been on sub for almost 3 yrs and was down to 1mg in the morn and .5 in the afternoon. I've wanted off for 2 yrs now but could never get past the physical anxiety from missing a dose.
    So wed was my last dose of 1mg and I have made it to sunday morn. I've been taking pieces of xanax for the anxiety along with the clonidine and it seems to work. I actually got some sleep last night by taking a piece of xanax before bed. I still feel very lethargic and can hardly move.
    My doc gave me a script for naltrexone to take on the 5th day of w/d and I'll be fine. Anyone have any experience with this?? I pray it works or I'm outta work for a while. I have two lil girls to take care of and a wife that are great support but are gettiing sick of me on the couch. Any advice or feedback would be helpful. Thanks

Chris

Chris ....... Even coming off a small dose after that much time you're going to feel like you weigh a ton for a while. It's tough on your body for that long. The naltrexone should help with endorphine production ( should be a low dose ) to make you feel a little better but try to get some exercise even if it's just going for a walk. Hope that helps but expect to feel effects for a while after using the subs so long. God bless.

Wow, now I'm terrified....after reading what Chris said I'm freaking! I'm takin two mgs a day. I thought w/ this being day 3 of that dose and all I want to do is lay around that maybe tomorrow it would get better. I have a 10 mth old and I'll be here alone w/ him. One more day and then I'm going down again. I thought that this would be easier after Rob's link. Now, I've read that info and I want to know how long is long? I'm so critical on myself and I have to present myself at an appt. pretending not to be sick. My baby deserves a 110 percent and if I can't give it I feel like it's the end of the world and detaimental to molding this innocent lil being. He deserves more then a junkie mommy. I'm trying! I'm just so depressed. I can't eat, I'm faking being happy for my baby and my fear of people and economic insecurity keep me at bay from everyone. I know I am asking a lot, but how long 10 days then some normality or more? This is the same character defect that keeps me wanting to use...not being able to accept that I'm not wealthy, I don't drive a 30 grand car and I equate myself worth with what I have in monetary value. How do I break this cycle of dysfunction and not destroy this perfect baby? If you could see him...you'd know there is a power greater than ourselves. He's amazing and you couldn't help but smile when he smiles. It's as if something spiritual is within him beaming through his eyes saying although every min seems like an eternity, you'll never understand how minut this is in comparison to the magnitude of the lives of your children and this world. Thanks for letting me share. I know this isn't meeting, but I had to get that off my chest. Am I a lifer or can I beat this? I need some realism.

Wow, now I'm terrified....after reading what Chris said I'm freaking! I'm takin two mgs a day. I thought w/ this being day 3 of that dose and all I want to do is lay around that maybe tomorrow it would get better. I have a 10 mth old and I'll be here alone w/ him. One more day and then I'm going down again. I thought that this would be easier after Rob's link. Now, I've read that info and I want to know how long is long? I'm so critical on myself and I have to present myself at an appt. pretending not to be sick. My baby deserves a 110 percent and if I can't give it I feel like it's the end of the world and detaimental to molding this innocent lil being. He deserves more then a junkie mommy. I'm trying! I'm just so depressed. I can't eat, I'm faking being happy for my baby and my fear of people and economic insecurity keep me at bay from everyone. I know I am asking a lot, but how long 10 days then some normality or more? This is the same character defect that keeps me wanting to use...not being able to accept that I'm not wealthy, I don't drive a 30 grand car and I equate myself worth with what I have in monetary value. How do I break this cycle of dysfunction and not destroy this perfect baby? If you could see him...you'd know there is a power greater than ourselves. He's amazing and you couldn't help but smile when he smiles. It's as if something spiritual is within him beaming through his eyes saying although every min seems like an eternity, you'll never understand how minut this is in comparison to the magnitude of the lives of your children and this world. Thanks for letting me share. I know this isn't meeting, but I had to get that off my chest. Am I a lifer or can I beat this? I need some realism.

Quit reading problems into YOUR recovery plan and if you do like I'm saying it won't be so bad. You're freaking out and it's totally unnecessary. I can't help with the mental issues you're discussing. I can only tell you to do as I'm asking you to do.

I can give you a good positive story for every one you read that is having trouble. All I can say is I will stick it out with you if you don't give up on yourself. You've got to have faith and confidence in this. This has worked for a thousand people here at least. Read the winning stories rather than losing it over one that scares you.

Relax and stay focused. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-03-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Default Sorry

Not as crzy as I sound! Much bttr now and I'll let u know when I get to the dr, on the 10th and get started on my detox. God Bless and thank u!

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

How do I break this cycle of dysfunction and not destroy this perfect baby? If you could see him...you'd know there is a power greater than ourselves. He's amazing and you couldn't help but smile when he smiles. It's as if something spiritual is within him beaming through his eyes saying although every min seems like an eternity, you'll never understand how minut this is in comparison to the magnitude of the lives of your children and this world. Thanks for letting me share. I know this isn't meeting, but I had to get that off my chest. Am I a lifer or can I beat this? I need some realism.
    Hi sickofbeingsicknsc..

i hope i can say this to you.. maybe? the moderator will delete it.. i'm not really fully aware of rules here at the forum.. tho, i DO read an awful lot.. and was moved to reply to you..

that beaming in you boy's eyes.. ahhhh... it's the innocence we were all meant to have (and keep) .. he loves you.. admires you.. trusts you.. needs you.. and soooo much more..

THIS is exactly what your heavenly Father wants to be FOR you..

you will find the strength to beat this .. keep lQQking.. searching.. striving..

and maybe? do a google search for Lysa Terkeurst.. her newest book, Made to Crave .. can be applied to ANYTHING we crave.. not just food..

check it out..

you've been given an awesome blessing.. (your little son) .. be sure to do right by him..

you will be in my prayers..

christopher1973 is offline New Member

Day 7

Sorry to scare you sickofbeingsick, that was not my intention. I did not follow Roberts guide, I cut my dose off at 1.5 a day which is probably why I went through a tougher couple days. But God has renewed some of the strength back to me today and I truly feel blessed this morn. I took that naltraxone and went into a serious panic attack, I'm not sure if my dose was too high or just took it too soon, but just want people to be aware. Time to get out and take my dog for a good long walk. God definitely wants to help, we need to keep asking!

Talking WoW Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by christopher1973 View Post
    Day 7

Sorry to scare you sickofbeingsick, that was not my intention. I did not follow Roberts guide, I cut my dose off at 1.5 a day which is probably why I went through a tougher couple days. But God has renewed some of the strength back to me today and I truly feel blessed this morn. I took that naltraxone and went into a serious panic attack, I'm not sure if my dose was too high or just took it too soon, but just want people to be aware. Time to get out and take my dog for a good long walk. God definitely wants to help, we need to keep asking!
    I'm so glad u responded...your reply really inspired me. I haven't heard much abouut where the the naltrexone comes into play when detoxing. I'd be terrified. Your a greatguy and thanx for letting me know I'm not the only one going through this and I'd also like to say this has brought me to my knees which is exactly where I needed to be to start talking with God. I have panic attacks and get timid about leaving my house, as if everyone knows I'm a walking mess. Go figure! I've been working on issues such as these. I have a lot on my plate in other areas as well. so thank u again. I pray I can make it off of this stuff for so many reasons...one of cours being my son. BTW, he doesn't like for Mommy's attention to be diverted so thanx and gotta go.

meglinsweet is offline New Member

Cool Wow I'm lovin the support on this board being new to all this

I scimmed through some of yalls post and feedback and it feels as if I'm at a meeting w/o suiting up and showing up. I had previously put a question out there about my situation being on suboxones only for about 2-3 weeks. Prob not enough time to be dependant. But as everyone else, I'm on it for the safety of not relapsing back to opiates. I'm 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and stuck b/w rock and hard place figuring out what the best interest would be to do for me and my unborn child. I read all upon the "it's a class c drug" so therefore it's pretty safe except the possibility of withdraws once babys born or miscarriage if I don't quit before I'm highly addicted. I wasn't under the impression that subies make you feel that bad getting off of them and you all have opened my eyes by sharing what you can go through coming off. I've been through severe detox before but from hardcore use of opiates so I know it can't be as bad as that but moral of story is that I'm prego! And I need advice from you guys on what I should do? Quite subies cold turkey? What if I feel like using when off? Meetings and sponsers don't always help me. And it seems as if I pray when it's too late...

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast