Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 693
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
  1. #541
    sickofbeingsicknsc is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default I've been there

    Quote Originally Posted by meglinsweet View Post
    I scimmed through some of yalls post and feedback and it feels as if I'm at a meeting w/o suiting up and showing up. I had previously put a question out there about my situation being on suboxones only for about 2-3 weeks. Prob not enough time to be dependant. But as everyone else, I'm on it for the safety of not relapsing back to opiates. I'm 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and stuck b/w rock and hard place figuring out what the best interest would be to do for me and my unborn child. I read all upon the "it's a class c drug" so therefore it's pretty safe except the possibility of withdraws once babys born or miscarriage if I don't quit before I'm highly addicted. I wasn't under the impression that subies make you feel that bad getting off of them and you all have opened my eyes by sharing what you can go through coming off. I've been through severe detox before but from hardcore use of opiates so I know it can't be as bad as that but moral of story is that I'm prego! And I need advice from you guys on what I should do? Quite subies cold turkey? What if I feel like using when off? Meetings and sponsers don't always help me. And it seems as if I pray when it's too late...
    I had a baby on subutex which I switched to b/c naltrexone could be dangerous to the fetus. My baby was put on methadone for 3 mths, which wasn't suppose to happen, but it did. Now I'm having to get sober anyways and coming off subs sux. So ask yourself some questions...Can u afford it, if u need it forever and if not do u have help w ur baby when u do come off. It's not easy and now my son is 10 mths old and i can't stay on this BS anymore. How likely are you to use while pregnant? It happens even when we think we wouldn't or couldn't. Now my family suffers financially b/c of the cost of this stuff! Let me know what you decide>

  2. #542
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickofbeingsicknsc View Post
    I had a baby on subutex which I switched to b/c naltrexone could be dangerous to the fetus. My baby was put on methadone for 3 mths, which wasn't suppose to happen, but it did. Now I'm having to get sober anyways and coming off subs sux. So ask yourself some questions...Can u afford it, if u need it forever and if not do u have help w ur baby when u do come off. It's not easy and now my son is 10 mths old and i can't stay on this BS anymore. How likely are you to use while pregnant? It happens even when we think we wouldn't or couldn't. Now my family suffers financially b/c of the cost of this stuff! Let me know what you decide>
    I still dont know the cause of my daughters autism, but after ready these two posts i just kinda wonder...i had been on suboxones for about 2 years then i got pregnant, the docter said that the subs and zanax they had me on would not harm the fetus but just to be sure they put me on subutex and kept me on the zanax. Well i found out almost a year ago my daughter who is now 3 1/2 is autistic, had her checked out cuz so many people told me there was something wrong with her ( i just thought she had a uniqueness!!) Now after reading these threads i get really feeling bad that maybe I caused her problems..she has a behavior problem as well and sensory disfunctions, theres alot going on with her and its very challenging. I wouldnt change her, dont get me wrong!! Shes such a pretty girl, looking at her u dont see nothing wrong, she just looks like a normal 3yr old, but the older she gets the more apparent her autism is because of the way she acts.I wish i hadnt of taken the "safe subutex and zanax" Oh u better believe i am angry,!! these posts really have me thinking about this the past few days. and the post about the baby being kept on methadone?--what if my baby had an addiction and they didnt detect it since they assumed the pills were safe?? yea, all these thoughts have been goin thru my mind, too late now that she is three but i cant help thinking it over...i wonder if there is anything i can do, or maybe it was just meant to be and had nothing to do with the meds that they prescribed..

  3. #543
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickofbeingsicknsc View Post
    I had a baby on subutex which I switched to b/c naltrexone could be dangerous to the fetus. My baby was put on methadone for 3 mths, which wasn't suppose to happen, but it did. Now I'm having to get sober anyways and coming off subs sux. So ask yourself some questions...Can u afford it, if u need it forever and if not do u have help w ur baby when u do come off. It's not easy and now my son is 10 mths old and i can't stay on this BS anymore. How likely are you to use while pregnant? It happens even when we think we wouldn't or couldn't. Now my family suffers financially b/c of the cost of this stuff! Let me know what you decide>
    theres a man on here if u go to quick links and look for him on the posts (i'm new to these forums, so not much help) but anyways his name is Robert and he has a taper plan for people on subs. i have been on them 5 yrs and did not know how to ever get off cuz of the half life they have-i've tried quiting, went a month once with severe w/d ended up in the er and the w/d never got better. but i found that guy and so many people he has helped with this taper so you dont suffer w/d, its like a taper and skip days plan and it works for everyone who ever tryed it. i'm on my first day of taper, after 5yrs i cant wait. i should be off within 2 months. u didnt say how many u take a day and the milligrams? Good luck to you, you shouldnt have a hard time since u havent been on long, try and find robert tho cuz of the fact that they are in your system now after all those weeks and u dont wanna have a tough w/d .

  4. #544
    mamuhit2010 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Hello Banze
    I'm first hearing about want off suboxone. Already you took various drugs.
    I think so It's your another problem. Go to doctor and take advice about better tapering.
    I would like suboxone. Many people like suboxone.
    Good luck

  5. #545
    noneed99 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I have been on suboxone for 2 years, i tapered myself before doctor told me because it was all on my feelings and needs. I have been on half of the small pill for 6 months... that is 1 mg per day from what i understand... since the small pill is 2mg and big is 8mg. I never had urge to take my original PERCOCET that i was addicted to for 8 years... going off of it once for 6 months but then relapsing due to boredom... the withdrawal that i feel TODAY and for the past 3 days is what i felt back when i tapered off the percs,.. except it lasted a week.... and i dont remember it being this extreme or potent of a withdrawal. Today is day 3 for me with NO suboxone at all... but the "withdrawals" that i dont even know are withdrawals because everyone has different reactions. Basically what i am feeling now i felt when i stopped percs.. but it ended within a week and was not as severe... or atleast i think so because i was always smoking marijuana and attributed the withdrawal to the POT more than the percocet (the 1 time i stopped prior to getting on suboxone.)

    The day i stopped percocet i was taking 2-3 pills morning by 9 - 10 am... and another 3- 5 after getting home until i pass out, on weekdays.. weekends were worse because i had nothing to occupy my time and just wanted to smoke and get more percs. It was quite awful... but not from my point of view back then.

    i already knew that if i miss my morning dose of percocet i shouldnt even go to work.. i would start getting flu like symptoms that would give me a temperature if i didnt take percocet soon... i never went more than 12 hours without a dosage to satisfy the craving.. and i ALWAYS had sweaty/clammy palms and feet always soaked in my socks... but i thought this was normal because i was always smoking pot... so i figured it was that and not the opiates since i remember always being cold when smoking POT, i guess a drug user believes what he wants to.

    One day i came clean to my girlfriend of over a year that i had a pill problem.. and we already lived together for quite a long time... drug users are amazingly resilient and when the good times roll the good times roll. But everything good turns bad.

    When i got on the suboxone i was taking 1 8mg morning and 1 8mg at night, with trazadone to fall asleep, which was HORRIBLE.. TRAZADONE IS EVIL!! PURE EVIL!! IT GAVE ME THE SCARIEST DREAMS I EVER HAD and the most vivid... i woke up one morning and was crying because i thought i died or something... i remember it was a feeling that took like 20 minutes for me to realize it was a dream... since im a pothead i always attribute things to that. From the first day i took the suboxone i did not want percocet... i still kinda felt like i was on it, or atleast i didnt feel great. and to me that meant i was not sick... and i was able to keep going to work.

    I tapered myself in between doctors visits because i realy did want to get off of it... right away within my next visit i was already forgeting my second pill... so i basically stopped taking it after 2 months. i did tell the doctor and he kept me on the 8mg in the morning because thats the one i needed just to feel like everything will be ok today, i have my suboxone... everything will be fine. And it always was... but what i also realized was that coupled with coffee and marijuana i had no issue at all with forgetting percocet. I did not smoke marijuana for the first 6 months of my suboxone because the doctor was OK with me smoking before i go to sleep a little just to go to bed or something, he didnt encourage it but he didnt piss me off by saying NO BAD BOY.

    Today i am scared though... for the past 6 months i was taking 1 mg (1/2 of a small pill per day) only in mornings, when i didnt get that pill i would feel anxious and that would scare me into thinking WITHDRAWAL so i would immediately take the pill... if i forgot it at home when going to work i HAD to have it braught to me or go get it.. i dont know if it was mental or physical since i still had the old pill working inside of me... but back then i felt bad when i missed the morning pill even for an hour... but again i attributed it to the marijuana, and then once i got the suboxone and had some coffee i was fine.

    I did drink alot of coffee when i was on percocets... and when i got on the suboxone... i couldnt stop because it gave me that high that i needed but felt like i was still fixing the percocet with the suboxone. It isnt really until now that i maybe wish i hadnt done so.. but only because after taking 1 mg per day for 6 months... on my 3rd day of NO suboxone i still have the withdrawal that i had the first day that i didnt take it... i have body shivers constantly... and clammy/wet palms and my feet are always wet.. but their not really wet.. just clammy and cold. I cant even go outside right now because its soo cold outside i feel im gonna catch a cold.

    And since in my first 4 months of suboxone i got the flu for real and was really feeling like i was going to burn up to death... my temperature was insane... and i remember taking extra pills of suboxone and it helping my flu... after reading many threads im starting to deduce that i didnt get sick from any form of cold.. but that my withdrawal made me sick... but it went away within a week and i was back to just 8mg in the morning. everything was great, which makes me think that suboxone provides the same opiate to the receptors as percocet... yet it also covers the receptors so you dont feel that euphoria. That makes sense because i dont actually feel terrible... i keep having body shivers that feel like it starts from my spine. I can control it by making it happen more and more.. but its not like i can pump out 10 waves of euphoria and then im fine for the time they would have taken naturally... more just come.

    Im scared.. but i have the time right now and ability to just stay in bed. Robert 325 has great information and this whole website is a godsend, if i believed in god. It is a place that puts most healthcare professionals to shame because there is more information here than any doctor wants to spit at you... he doesnt get paid by the hour after all per client.

    I like that my doctor isnt demanding... he lets me do it on my time. But i was also uninformed and maybe feel suboxone has to be more personal as it is an opiad and i am definately addicted to it right now.

    Anyway 3 days... what do you people think? i dont want to think about this lasting a month.. i dont want to think about this lasting another whole week... just right now i had the wave again and it felt like i ate something super sour... with the body chill that ends in the back of my neck/head region.. its crazy... like my body is out of control and doesnt know what its doing... all i hope is that it is fixing itself and trying to get its bearings.

    Im 5'9 and 155 pounds. When i was at my worst with percocet i was 225 pounds and 5'9 lol. But i was usually 180 pounds. Now i have no muscle on me but i also dont feel heavy and tired as much, which now is bad since i have trouble falling asleep right now, but that is also because im still smoking pot and if i dont i have problems falling asleep anyway.

    YES I AM STILL SMOKING MARIJUANA, yesterday on day 2 it scared me after i smoked because the withdrawals seemed to get stronger and i cried for like 6 hours... after ward my hands and feet were dry and no body chill for maybe 30 minutes, so its like my body is pushing the stuff out.. but it is taking time since i was on suboxone for 2 years. Not to mention it feels alot like the percocet in certain ways.

    I really dont understand why people say you cannot get high or feel like your on percs when on suboxone. for me no matter what dosage of suboxone... coupled with coffee gave me the jitters and almost the same euphoria as with percocet.

    Im scared that the coffee and marijuana have had a negative effect on the suboxone... anyone have any ideas?

    i havent had coffee for about 3 months... but i still smoke marijuana, i am getting the body shivers that begin in my spine. I am not hungry, even after smoking pot. No headaches at all. No ciggs and no alcohol at all.

    Oh and on the 1st day of not taking suboxone the next morning i woke up with a wet dream, and not the pee kind. So atleast something positive is happening.

    i just want the shivering euphoria that goes through my body.. .the tingling feeling to JUST STOP. but i guess i need to go back on suboxone for that.

    I did see that robert says instead of cold turkey do 1 day nothing, 1 day small dose, then 2 days nothing, then 1 day small dose... and after 4 days its better. BUT since im 3 days clean i dont want to even take half of a small pill since mentally it puts me back where i started 3 days ago.. and 3 days ago it seems it was worse than today... but i dont know.. it could just be ok right this moment. Sigh....

    suboxone is amazing in that percocet cold turkey was FLU SYMPTOMS ... straight up sick. I think i was either on the suboxone too long.. or what im feeling is the end of the worst really? any one know? but dont lie and say its going to get better just to give me strength! lol..
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-27-2011 at 02:38 PM.

  6. #546
    jboss10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Hey Noneed,

    Wow, seems like it's been an on and off road for yourself. Hm, where to start? Well, for myself, I've been off Suboxone for 26 days now and wasn't easy by any means. From what I've heard over the last couple of months is that Suboxone isn't as INTENSE as some other opiates. Yeah, of course it's pretty harsh, but it's the process that really stinks. Suboxone withdrawal is a much longer process than some other opiates from what I understand. This is how it was for me anyways. Day 26 and I feel good, but I mean not great. I can function normally get a decent night's sleep but still there is something "missing" I feel. Of course, it takes time, and a lot of people's body's heal differently with different time schedules. If you want, you can read through my posts in "Need To Talk" section under "80 hours off suboxone..need some support." I can't stress this enough but don't let my posts scare you. Just read through it just so you know what type of symptoms you MAY go through.

    3 days clean is quite a start. Most symptoms went away after probably 10-14 days. Again, I jumped at at high dose and was also on the subs for a little over two years. I am here for you if you need any help/tips/support. I'm sorry if I was more direct than you would want to hear but you wanted for people to be honest so that is what I shall give. Just be strong, every day after about the 7 day marks gets increasingly better. It's a process just keep your mind off of stuff, try to keep busy. Exercise will help you a lot too. Walking is the best especially during week 1. Good luck!

    -JBoss

  7. #547
    noneed99 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    thank you very much for your reply. Because of the jittery/anxious/pain from exercising/ i couldnt read too much and it felt much better to get what i felt out and i wrote alot more than i posted aside from it all and it felt better for a while. Its day 6 now and yea its definately not as bad as it was the first 2 days, but i keep having alot of sadness since its like i can feel again, and i was numb for 10 years pretty much. Opiates are really drugs, i think marijuana needs to be reclassified because the same as alcohol if kids thought of it as a drug they would be more likely to try opiates, anything that is an UPPER is an opiate to me. During the percocet on/off and suboxone its like your a zombie, but you dont recongnize it because it still makes you wanna conquer the world, otherwise you wouldnt get out of bed in the morning lol.

    have your palms stopped sweating? have you had any issues with that or you never had sweaty palms? For me its like when i dont feel the wave then my hands are sweating and vice versa.

    Biggest problem is my support is non existent right now since i have pretty much alienated myself from everyone in the past 10 years. Saving grace is that im at the home where i lived before i started doing the stuff yet all through it aswell, so its kinda giving me strength to get back on track and stop being a zombie.

    and there is so much snow outside, and its so cold i am afraid to catch a cold during the withdrawals if i went for a run or even a walk, cus i did catch a cold while taking suboxone the first 6 months of being prescribed and i thought i was going to die because my temperature was so high and i dunno it was worse than any other time ive gotten sick. After my temperature wouldnt drop from just the flu medication i decided to take extra suboxone and it helped a little. Just ever since then i take super precautions to not get cold windy drafts or without multiple layers, though i noticed my hands sweat less than they did during percocet/suboxone and i dont get cold nearly as much as i used to. And as soon as i do anything physical i sweat and then get cold. But then i remember during the summer it was so hot outside my body always felt super hot and discomfortable when not in air conditioning (then freezing cus of the temperature change)... but that was when i was on the suboxone, so i dunnno what temperatures are best.

    ugh ok sorry ran away with it again, thank you again for your information. I really feel and think differently now than i did before so i dont think ill have any problems staying away from bad stuff, but im such a wuss right now that i just want the shiver/sweat to go away.

    Thanks again

  8. #548
    jboss10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Hey Hey

    Yeah I never had the sweaty palms. I had A TON of uncomfortable shivers and the "deep freeze" in my body. The sneezing has actually gone away within the last two days or so. The sneezing and being cold all over seemed to last the longest in terms of symptoms. I never got hot flashes, I still get cold sweats when I wake up during the night after I sleep. The RLS was the worst thing for me and the anxiety. Both of which made it very difficult for me to buckle down, but I pushed through it. They ALL go away eventually just takes time. Like I said, the energy and motivation is probably the longest thing to take to come back. It probably takes a good 2 months for people to feel really good depending on how many variables. I had taken two weeks off of my part time job, cut college for the semester, stopped talking to some good friends. I have sacrificed a lot during this and a lot of us have too. Once you start feeling good try some NA or counseling. Its helping me a lot right now. Just one day at a time. Time is so precious but it's harsh during this time. Let me know if you need any more help. I'm here for you

    -Jboss

  9. #549
    Iamsurviving is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast-Alabama
    Posts
    4

    Smile This is what I was told....

    Suboxone serves two purposes. The first, and obvious reason, is for detoxing from opiates. After repeated heavy, and or long term opiate use, our brain systems change forever. We have a "part" in our brains that releases a chemical called dopamine. There is another "part" in our brains that recieves the dopamine. This dopamine receptor then sends a signal throughout our body that everything is groovy. In normal brains a small amount of dopamine goes a long way. A normal brain, with it's receptors standing straight and tall, recieves every bit of the dopamine that is produced.

    Now, after prolonged use, or repeated heavy use of opiates, the receptors become flattened. This is because the opiates emit so much dopamine, that it litterally weighs them down. Of course now we have all this dopamine flooding our brains, but it has nowhere to go. Our receptors now start to send out distress signals. We can feel pain, sickness, anxiety, fear, to name a few. Our brains are very powerful.

    The reason that doctors prescribe high doses of Suboxone in the beginning of recovery, is that it "protects" the receptors. It also will, over time, allow them to stand back up. If taken properly, and tapered properly, your brain WILL return to normal. Now, along with the Suboxone we need to have a support system in place. Because, we are addicts, we need to learn how to handle all the emotions that we are about to experience. Things that most of us have not felt in years, true emotions. And if we relapse, just once, our brains will be ruined again.

    If you are taking Suboxone and you want to get off, do yourself a favor and do so under a doctors supervision. BUT, if you have never taken a theraputic dose for an extended period of time, then please go to a doctor and do so. We are doomed if we don't repair the damage we have done, and learn how to deal with life without "taking a pill" to fix everything. I tried for years to "tough it out", go cold turkey, and it does not work. I had three years clean and got in an accident. Since I was unconscious when I got to the hospital, they did what they thought they should. This included shooting me up with opitates every four hours. I had no chance at staying clean after a week in the hospital, believe me. And the fact is that I was very happy, and had NO intentions of using leading up to that day.

    If you are suffering, you don't need to. You are not a bad person who needs to "pay their dues" for being an addict. Get a good doctor, and a good therapist, and "fix" your broken parts. I guarantee you will live a life you never thought possible. You will feel true happiness, true joy, and unfortunately true sadness. But that is life on life's terms. Good luck to all my fellow addicts who are sick and suffering. God bless.

  10. #550
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    It DOESN'T take high doses of buprenorphine for the receptors to heal. That is a crock the sub drs feed patients to keep their money coming in for exteneded periods of time. Receptors can be repaired in a couple months with a very small dose. THAT is a fact. Most people can be inducted at 3-4 mg rather than the 16mg or more most sub drs insist on prescribing.

    There are probably a 1000 people minimum that have gotten clean from opiates using subs short term just on this forum alone. Sub drs get their dosing information from drug company salespeople who comically have a BS degree.

    Don't take every word you hear from a sub dr as gospel. There are a BUNCH of sub drs now treating their patients the way we have proven it works right here. THAT is also a fact. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  11. #551
    Iamsurviving is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast-Alabama
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Robert, I wasn't saying you necessarily need a high dose. The key is to take your therapeutic dose, and taper down the proper way. I know too many people who, for one reason or another, try to do this on their own. Buying it off the street, and playing with your dose is very dangerous. Someone loses their job, or some other kind of unforeseen occurrence, and they can't buy it anymore. Those people usually end up back on their drug of choice very quickly.

    Again, I beg people to find a good doctor and therapist to do this properly. I was fortunate enough to have a good therapist, and she is the one who referred me to my doctor. They exchanged information, and they set the dose and taper. I know from experience about getting off the street because I did it for a year.

    Now, I have been supervised for the last eight months, and I am down to 4mg daily. I hope to be completely off within six months, but I have to trust the folks that got me this far. The last thing I want to do is go backwards. I have tried to be the "hero" before, and just like all the rest, that doesn't work.

    There is a lot of good information here, which is why I signed up in the first place. But people have different physical and mental "make-ups", and everyone has different needs. All you have to do is read these posts to see that(I know you do read them all Robert). Again I will say it, please get the proper help to fight this disease. There are some really good doctors and therapists out there. My doctor is a neurologist who is actually not a pill pusher by any stretch.

    This is a life and death struggle, and I look forward to being chemically free. I used to be on all kinds of psychotropic drugs for depression and anxiety. I know a pill pusher when I see one. It took me a long time to ween off of those, but it has been almost four years now. I don't think I had to be on them at all, but I trusted the wrong psychiatrist, and it cost me. So I do know what you mean about some doctors Robert.

    The point is we all have the ability to beat this thing. We just have to be careful, patient, and informed. Thanks for the feedback Robert. God bless

  12. #552
    Jaggedvisions66 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default new

    Hello all,

    I'm new on here and it may seem redundant, i'm sure my questions can be pieced together within the 19 pages of this thread but decided this is more personal.

    I've been on subs for 2-3 years, most of the time not dr prescribed as my girlfriend was on them and she could afford me to take it. As of xmas we aren't together and i don't hear from her...getting of suboxone is aftermath. For the duration I took 4mg/day (average) and this january I took qtrs then 1/6's to stretch that as long as I could.

    This is day 4 without, feeling better slightly but the restless leg at night, damn! I'm tired while awake, weak, I get a couple hours of sleep a night. I try to veer from an idle mind the best I can (music, guitar, reading, etc.)

    I don't have any old contacts to get pills, subs, dope. It'd be tempting but I know all about living in circles and count me out. I did go out and bought some cognac last night, I rarely drink.

    My question is how long should I be feeling weak, the RLS continue? Any special foods, vitamins I can take to ease anything?

    Thank you much for reading

    -Austin
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-19-2011 at 03:03 PM.

  13. #553
    NotSickAnyMore is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Doctors Give To High Of Dosages For Suboxone

    I hear you guys talk about pills, I was a 1g - 2g a day >>>>>> user and after about a year straight of using I was scared of the thought of just attempting to quite >>>>>>.

    I bought 5 Suboxone off the street, "pills not strips, strips are way better and faster" and about every 4-8 hours I would break a little piece off the pill and place it under my tongue. As far as I am concerned suboxone is a wonder pill. I did not experience one sneeze, sniffle, drip, bad taste in mouth, chills, any of that.

    About one day after I ran out of suboxone I started to experience pains in my bones and could not sleep; however, that was about three days ago and just about every withdrawal side effect is gone now. GOD i feel free, sheesh!

    So, by hearing people say they take up to two - three strips or pills a day is way overkill.

    I also did not know until today that suboxone has withdrawal side effects as well. I am glad that I did not take over 3/4 of a pill a day. Those things are very effect in very small dosages.

    I guess everyone knows not to take a suboxone until you begin to get sick, and for the first day that you take them start small, and saturate your system slowly; moreover, the following morning you'll feel free.

    Thereafter just take a little piece, "PLACING UNDER TONGUE, NOT NOT JUST SWALLOWING" as needed. Don't take just to take, take when you start to feel a little withdrawal come on.

    How this helps.

  14. #554
    janm240 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Want OFF suboxone, but am exhausted!

    My drug addiction start til I was 45, diagnosed with painful nerve damage, (unbearable at times) but quickly got hooked on percs, lost my insurance when I could no longer work, went straight 2 the BIG TIME, >>>>>>! I have been on just about every detox out there! And do not recommend Methadone, its a killer withdrawl. And check this out! Been clean from >>>>>> and subs for bout 9 days, and am now abusing alcohol!! My physical pain I know is only worse now from withdrawl and will subside to a degree once Im detoxed completely. Question??? Because of the alcohol use, should I try to go to a safe detox with suboxone? and what would anyone recommend as safe detox regiminde? HELP????

  15. #555
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janm240 View Post
    My drug addiction start til I was 45, diagnosed with painful nerve damage, (unbearable at times) but quickly got hooked on percs, lost my insurance when I could no longer work, went straight 2 the BIG TIME, >>>>>>! I have been on just about every detox out there! And do not recommend Methadone, its a killer withdrawl. And check this out! Been clean from >>>>>> and subs for bout 9 days, and am now abusing alcohol!! My physical pain I know is only worse now from withdrawl and will subside to a degree once Im detoxed completely. Question??? Because of the alcohol use, should I try to go to a safe detox with suboxone? and what would anyone recommend as safe detox regiminde? HELP????



    A safe suboxone regimen would be without using any >>>>>> or alcohol, just following a strict taper off the subs. But you say that you've got nine days off subs. Why are you asking for a sub regimen to follow now? Just lay off the alcohol and you should be better. If the pain in unbearable then find a med designed for nerve pain such as Lyrica or whatever your dr recommends for your pain. Using >>>>>> or methadone or subs and alcohol shouldn't be necessary for nerve pain. I hope that I read your question properly.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  16. #556
    pongo64 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    So Cal Huntington Beach
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Is your question about using Sub to detox from Alcohol? I am certainly not an expert, but I have detoxed from both. In the hospital they detox from alcohol with Daizapam (Valium). I did see alot of folks come through very sick because of alcohol. It is not safe to say you can treat your self. If it is that bad go back to the hospital.

    Be safe and God bless.

  17. #557
    smariem is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi Robert, I've been reading a lot of your posts during the past week. This is my 8th day without suboxone. I was taking 16mg for 2 1/2 years. It was a rough week but I'm feeling ok now. The only thing I'm having a lot of trouble with now is the insomnia. I've only been able to sleep around 1-2 hours every night and I work and go to school so I'm feeling pretty weak. Is there anything that helped you?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-25-2011 at 02:09 PM.

  18. #558
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smariem View Post
    Hi Robert, I've been reading a lot of your posts during the past week. This is my 8th day without suboxone. I was taking 16mg for 2 1/2 years. It was a rough week but I'm feeling ok now. The only thing I'm having a lot of trouble with now is the insomnia. I've only been able to sleep around 1-2 hours every night and I work and go to school so I'm feeling pretty weak. Is there anything that helped you?



    Hope you didn't cold turkey from 16mg. Here is a link to the process for tapering that I did for myself when I used subs and countless people on this forum have used it since I posted the process. It will work for you I assure you. Check it out CLOSELY and then I will try to help if I'm able. I'm also in Texas, just a little closer to Houston. God bless.

    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-25-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  19. #559
    smariem is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    5

    Default

    No I didn't come straight off of 16mg! ugh... that would have been awful. I tapered myself off for about 2 months. The last couple of weeks I was taking about 1mg a day. I still have chills but they're manageable now and I'm still sneezing. It's just the sleeping that's drving me crazy.

  20. #560
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smariem View Post
    No I didn't come straight off of 16mg! ugh... that would have been awful. I tapered myself off for about 2 months. The last couple of weeks I was taking about 1mg a day. I still have chills but they're manageable now and I'm still sneezing. It's just the sleeping that's drving me crazy.




    That's a relief! Had me scared there for a bit. Even 1mg is a high dose to stop abuptly from. If you have two weeks clean though from 1mg I would tough it out. You'll have the sneezes and trouble sleeping for a while yet. Could last a month easily after using that long. Pray for the best, you may get lucky. But I wouldn't use at this point no matter what! Congratulations on your success! Good luck and God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  21. #561
    smariem is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Yea, I wish I would have visited this website and read your link before I was out of suboxone. But I think since I went through about a week of really bad w/d symptoms I'm less likely to ever start back on pills. Thanks for your help!

  22. #562
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    For those wishing to get off suboxone the following link has proven to be successful here on the forum for years by countless people. God bless.

    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  23. #563
    josh betts is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    A lot of what you are feeling is probably not from the Suboxone, but from coming off the other drugs and two weeks is way to soon to get off of it altogether. I would say to follow your docs advice, he is trying to make this as easy for you as possible.

  24. #564
    know the feeling is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by sickofbeingsicknsc View Post
    I had a baby on subutex which I switched to b/c naltrexone could be dangerous to the fetus. My baby was put on methadone for 3 mths, which wasn't suppose to happen, but it did. Now I'm having to get sober anyways and coming off subs sux. So ask yourself some questions...Can u afford it, if u need it forever and if not do u have help w ur baby when u do come off. It's not easy and now my son is 10 mths old and i can't stay on this BS anymore. How likely are you to use while pregnant? It happens even when we think we wouldn't or couldn't. Now my family suffers financially b/c of the cost of this stuff! Let me know what you decide>
    I have been on suboxone for about three years now. I was on everything you could imagine before hand. I started out on four 8mg per day. Now I have myself down to one and a half a day and sometimes I only take a half a day. When I don't have them, it is aweful but I agree exercise really helps. One thing that concerned me about you was the fact that you are pregnant. Obviouslly you want help or you wouldn't be on here in the first place. If you keep your mind set to it you can get off sub without taking anything else. I didn't take anything while I was pregnant. I already had a high risk preg anyway and knew I couldn't live with myself if anything happened. It was after I had the baby that I started craving again and went and got help. I know any one can have problems with childbirth and being pregnant but why chance it. I have four friends that all took suboxone and one who took subutex while pregnant. All of their kids came out with serious medical problems that they will have the rest of their life. It's really not worth it. I'm not bashing you but honestly just really just want to open your eyes. Would you reach your child a sub after you had it? That's what I kept thinking when i was prego and it really worked. I hope you all the best but would suggest getting off everything before you get much farther in your pregnacy. Good luck. And please don't think I'm talking bad to you I just don't like seeing anybody do anything they might regret. Best of luck to you.

  25. #565
    Use2use is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default Ready to come down

    Robert... I have been reading your posts and I wonder if you have any suggestions for me? I have been on Suboxone for about 3 years now. My Dr. has had me at 24 mg a day, but one day I decided I wanted to tapper myself down to 16mg to see if I could...and I did. But occasionally I will take the 3rd pill just for the energy boost. I have given my husband the pills so that he can give me the 16mg a day dossage, and make sure I don't go over. I wonder what you recommend for my next decrease in dosage... and for how long at that mg?
    THANKS!!!

  26. #566
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Use2use View Post
    Robert... I have been reading your posts and I wonder if you have any suggestions for me? I have been on Suboxone for about 3 years now. My Dr. has had me at 24 mg a day, but one day I decided I wanted to tapper myself down to 16mg to see if I could...and I did. But occasionally I will take the 3rd pill just for the energy boost. I have given my husband the pills so that he can give me the 16mg a day dossage, and make sure I don't go over. I wonder what you recommend for my next decrease in dosage... and for how long at that mg?
    THANKS!!!




    After being on subs for so long it's been more than enough time that you should start seriously tapering down to get off. It will be very simple to do and you won't have a bunch of w/d problems if you follow my taper plan that I have used here on this forum for many years and countless people are now clean because of following it diligently. You just have to stick with it exactly as it is written.

    Here is a link to the proper procedure for tapering off. Read it carefully. You have been on WAY TOO HIGH of a dose a long time. No one needs 16-24mg each day for three years. I normally induct people in the beginning at only 2-3mg and they do just fine. Sub drs consistently prescribe way too much medication. They don't have the experience of working with so many people closely and realizing what they are doing to people when they do that.

    Read the link carefully and let me know if you want to follow my taper. I will work with you until you are clean from the subs. It will probably take a couple months give or take a little. You should drop to 12mg a day immediately and let me know if you are ready to taper down all the way. You will read that the standard taper is reducing by 25% of whatever dose you're on at the time every four days or so. You will feel so much better. God bless.

    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-06-2011 at 05:50 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  27. #567
    Meagan1210 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Hey. I hope I am doing this right...I am on day two of no sub!!! I tapered down for about a month. From 2mgs, down to god only knows how much. It was SOOO tiny. For the past week I have had real mild withdrawls. Now with day two completely clean, Im wondering is this ALL Im going to feel??? Dont get me wrong, the RLS is HORRIBLE! But other than that, Im just sleepy. Is it going to get worse? My brain is playin tricks on me. I keep thinking about a way to get out of this feeling. Because although it isnt horrible, its very annoying. I need to be patient I think. I have a 3yr old and a 1 yr old, so its very hard to just lay around. But I did have a family member take them for a night. But now that they are both home, Im so afraid of my withdrawls becoming worse. I dont want to neglect them. So what do you all think? Will It get worse? Or just better from here?

  28. #568
    Meagan1210 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Day two no sub!

    I dont know if my last post worked. I am on day two of no sub! I tapered down from 2mg to about a quarter of a quarter, of a quarter...haha it was just a TINY TINY peice. I have had mild withdrawls in the past week since my last taper. But now that im completely off, It just a little bit worse. Sneezing, RLS, and sleepy. The RLS is the worst...But honestly, its not that bad. Is it going to be worse tomorrow? Im trying to stay positive. My husband and I are both doing this together. But he works, and I stay home with our two small kids. Im wondering if he will be feeling worse on monday than he is today? He said if this (how we are feeling today) is the worst it gets, then he will have no problem working. Moving around and doing something really helps. But I get really tired quickly. Anyone think this is the worst it will be?

  29. #569
    Vickie321 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meagan1210 View Post
    I dont know if my last post worked. I am on day two of no sub! I tapered down from 2mg to about a quarter of a quarter, of a quarter...haha it was just a TINY TINY peice. I have had mild withdrawls in the past week since my last taper. But now that im completely off, It just a little bit worse. Sneezing, RLS, and sleepy. The RLS is the worst...But honestly, its not that bad. Is it going to be worse tomorrow? Im trying to stay positive. My husband and I are both doing this together. But he works, and I stay home with our two small kids. Im wondering if he will be feeling worse on monday than he is today? He said if this (how we are feeling today) is the worst it gets, then he will have no problem working. Moving around and doing something really helps. But I get really tired quickly. Anyone think this is the worst it will be?
    Hi Meagan
    I am not sure but how long were you on them? When I stopped it was the evening of day 2 where I felt like rosemaries baby, ie; throwing up and diarrhea and then it was gone and that was it.... unfortunately for me I relapsed and I finally went to a sub doc to do it the right way, The last time I stopped was because my dealer ran away with the money I gave him for the subs and the next 3 days we were trapped in the house because of a snow storm..... anyhow I am now at 4mgs a day and I am following Roberts taper plan .25 reduction every 4 days, I just want to be done with it. Noone knows about my problem, I am actually successful in my job and super responsible so if I told anyone about this they wouldnt believe me, I guess we all have our demons. Please let me know you are doing, I read so many horror stories on here that I need some encouragement.

  30. #570
    Meagan1210 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie321 View Post
    Hi Meagan
    I am not sure but how long were you on them? When I stopped it was the evening of day 2 where I felt like rosemaries baby, ie; throwing up and diarrhea and then it was gone and that was it.... unfortunately for me I relapsed and I finally went to a sub doc to do it the right way, The last time I stopped was because my dealer ran away with the money I gave him for the subs and the next 3 days we were trapped in the house because of a snow storm..... anyhow I am now at 4mgs a day and I am following Roberts taper plan .25 reduction every 4 days, I just want to be done with it. Noone knows about my problem, I am actually successful in my job and super responsible so if I told anyone about this they wouldnt believe me, I guess we all have our demons. Please let me know you are doing, I read so many horror stories on here that I need some encouragement.
    Hi Vickie. Thanks for responding. Im feelin okay. Just took some tylenol pm to try to get some sleep. No diarrhea yet, and no throwing up. Just horrible hot and cold flashes and RLS. Other than that, Im good. Pretty emotional though. I feel so bad when I snap at my three year old. I am trying to be patient with him, but I will get so frustrated and all of a sudden a hot flash will come on and I will just cry. Im 8 mo prego. I have been on Sub for 10 1/2 months. I started out taking 16 mg a day, but had horrible side effects. I wasnt prescribed them, my husband was. He had insurance, I didnt. Anyway, after I had some weird symptoms I decided to cut WAY down. I went from 16mg to 2-3mg a day. Big drop. And surprisingly, I did that taper with MILD withdrawls. I think I had a headache for a day, and was a little sleepy. Anyways, I found out I was pregnant and tried quitting immediately but without tapering. I lasted a day, and took a piece. I was also going through some other family related issues, and it just made it worse. So I now have 7weeks left until my due date, and have no choice but to quit. I have only been taking 1mg for a while now, but I cut that in half and then half again. And here I am down to nothing. Please dont be scared of quitting!! I read these horror stories too, but they are mostly from people who didnt get off them properly. Its mind over matter too. The brain does powerful things. Try to stay real positive. My friend got off sub at 4MG!!!!! Horrible, his doc told him to. He made it through, and now has over a year clean. So it IS possible. I have no choice but to quit. Unfortunately im pregnant and cant take anything for my anxiety. I will just be so glad to get this behind me. Im taking it one day at a time!

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22