Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
    Vickie321 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan1210 View Post
    Hi Vickie. Thanks for responding. Im feelin okay. Just took some tylenol pm to try to get some sleep. No diarrhea yet, and no throwing up. Just horrible hot and cold flashes and RLS. Other than that, Im good. Pretty emotional though. I feel so bad when I snap at my three year old. I am trying to be patient with him, but I will get so frustrated and all of a sudden a hot flash will come on and I will just cry. Im 8 mo prego. I have been on Sub for 10 1/2 months. I started out taking 16 mg a day, but had horrible side effects. I wasnt prescribed them, my husband was. He had insurance, I didnt. Anyway, after I had some weird symptoms I decided to cut WAY down. I went from 16mg to 2-3mg a day. Big drop. And surprisingly, I did that taper with MILD withdrawls. I think I had a headache for a day, and was a little sleepy. Anyways, I found out I was pregnant and tried quitting immediately but without tapering. I lasted a day, and took a piece. I was also going through some other family related issues, and it just made it worse. So I now have 7weeks left until my due date, and have no choice but to quit. I have only been taking 1mg for a while now, but I cut that in half and then half again. And here I am down to nothing. Please dont be scared of quitting!! I read these horror stories too, but they are mostly from people who didnt get off them properly. Its mind over matter too. The brain does powerful things. Try to stay real positive. My friend got off sub at 4MG!!!!! Horrible, his doc told him to. He made it through, and now has over a year clean. So it IS possible. I have no choice but to quit. Unfortunately im pregnant and cant take anything for my anxiety. I will just be so glad to get this behind me. Im taking it one day at a time!

A Baby is such a beautiful blessing. Yo go girl!! You did great coming off the way you did. My sub doc also prescribed 16mg a day I knew that was way too much for me so I started at 8, he wants me to stay on them forever, but I taper on my own, he says that doing it fast will make me relapse, I wont listen to him he just wants my money. This is big business for him.

Ill keep you posted I wont be ready to Jump till September I guess since I am at 4mg and tapering by .25 every 4 days. Wish Me Luck

zorro5000 is offline New Member

Default 4mg ceiling effect

From research I've been doing lately I've come across a Suboxone doctore who talked about a ceiling effect that Suboxone has at 4mg's. Meaning after you take more than 4mg's the opiat effect is negated by the fact that its a partial agonist. Soamakes sense that tapering from a dose above 4mg would be easy, but when you go from 4 to 0 one would get severe withdrawals.

zorro5000 is offline New Member

Default Baby born with methadone

My wife was on opiates on and off during the first 5 months of pregnancy, the docs thought methadone would be a more stable choice. At the time of birth my wife was taking 30 to 40mg's a day. I was so scared about what my unborn daughter would face, I thought for sure, things would turn out badly. Well the day came on a cold January morning -26 degrees. About 24 hours latter we noticed she was having withdrawal symptoms, she was given medications, and we took her home in a week, weened her off the meds in another two weeks and she did great. She's 2 and a half and laying sound asleep besides me know.
    Use2use and BtwnMenU like this.

Meagan1210 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by zorro5000 View Post
    My wife was on opiates on and off during the first 5 months of pregnancy, the docs thought methadone would be a more stable choice. At the time of birth my wife was taking 30 to 40mg's a day. I was so scared about what my unborn daughter would face, I thought for sure, things would turn out badly. Well the day came on a cold January morning -26 degrees. About 24 hours latter we noticed she was having withdrawal symptoms, she was given medications, and we took her home in a week, weened her off the meds in another two weeks and she did great. She's 2 and a half and laying sound asleep besides me know.
    Thankfully my baby wont withdrawl because I will be 6 weeks clean by then!!! Thats why Im quitting now.
    blueeyes321 likes this.

Default Day three!!!! No subs!!! woot!!

Omg day three!!!!!!! I slept sooooo good last night!!! I took tylenol PM, and oh man what a difference that made!!! I slept all night. I woke up feeling manic. Like I really need to move around. I dont feel as tired as yesterday. Just having bad hot flashes. My temper is short, but this is totally DO-able!!! I plan on keeping you all posted with everything im going through! I want to be a success story so NO ONE feels like its impossible. I feel like there is no going back now. I know I still have a while to go before I feel completely normal, but for now I feel like this is cake. Especially compared to coming off 250mg of percs a day!! Anyways, I have to get mmy daughter up. I will be back on later to let you guys know how the day has prgressed. We are taking our kids to a birthday party....Making yourself get out of the house is very important at this point. So even though I would rather stay home, Im gonna go! Thanks for all the support on here!
    Use2use likes this.

Default Day three!!!! No subs!!! woot!!

Omg day three!!!!!!! I slept sooooo good last night!!! I took tylenol PM, and oh man what a difference that made!!! I slept all night. I woke up feeling manic. Like I really need to move around. I dont feel as tired as yesterday. Just having bad hot flashes. My temper is short, but this is totally DO-able!!! I plan on keeping you all posted with everything im going through! I want to be a success story so NO ONE feels like its impossible. I feel like there is no going back now. I know I still have a while to go before I feel completely normal, but for now I feel like this is cake. Especially compared to coming off 250mg of percs a day!! Anyways, I have to get mmy daughter up. I will be back on later to let you guys know how the day has prgressed. We are taking our kids to a birthday party....Making yourself get out of the house is very important at this point. So even though I would rather stay home, Im gonna go! Thanks for all the support on here!

Thumbs up You go, Girl!

Megan--you are an inspiration!! Glad you are doing so good--you're doing it for two!

Keep us posted about everything. I'm right behind you on 0.5 mg Sub per day past 3 days. I pretty tired, can't imagine the fatigue of pregancy, plus the fatigue of withdrawal, plus the fatigue of mothering a toddler. I'm tired just typing those words.

Quote Originally Posted by shrimpboat 1942 View Post
    Megan--you are an inspiration!! Glad you are doing so good--you're doing it for two!

Keep us posted about everything. I'm right behind you on 0.5 mg Sub per day past 3 days. I pretty tired, can't imagine the fatigue of pregancy, plus the fatigue of withdrawal, plus the fatigue of mothering a toddler. I'm tired just typing those words.
    Haha...Yeah its pretty exhausting. Im having pretty bad cravings right now. I keep thinking maybe a vicodine, or a tylenol 3 could take the edge off? The withdrawls arent that bad, I just feel like doing the funky chicken. But I keep trying to remember to take it a day at a time. Its really hard to relax at this point. But it really does get better with each day. I dont have an appetite, which really sucks because I HAVE to eat. The only thing that really sounds good is fruit. I just really need to get past these cravings. Lots of prayers for us please

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan1210 View Post
    Haha...Yeah its pretty exhausting. Im having pretty bad cravings right now. I keep thinking maybe a vicodine, or a tylenol 3 could take the edge off? The withdrawls arent that bad, I just feel like doing the funky chicken. But I keep trying to remember to take it a day at a time. Its really hard to relax at this point. But it really does get better with each day. I dont have an appetite, which really sucks because I HAVE to eat. The only thing that really sounds good is fruit. I just really need to get past these cravings. Lots of prayers for us please

Meagan .... Good for you! We've worked with several pregnant girls getting clean here lately. If you don't push yourself too hard with subs and take it easy on yourself it isn't that bad and your baby will be okay and be born clean. I think you are awesome! God bless.

Use2use is offline New Member

I am in the same situation as you! Noone knows I am doing this either besides my husband.. He has been such a help! He keeps my subs for me so that I don't take more than the 2 a day. The dr. has me on 3 a day but I wanted to taper to 2, and have been successful at it for a few months, and I know it is time to come down. That is why I came looking for help on the internet. I just need some help and advice, and encourgement like you! I am in my last year of accounting school, and I have a son. NO ONE in my family knows I have the problem, and no one knew while I had the problem buying on the streets for 5 years either! I managed to keep it hidden pretty good.

Robert,

I read the link, and today I cut 2mg off my first 8mg tablet and I will cut 2mg off of the last dose.. So if in 4 days I feel ok, I should cut down another 4mg? I am really excited about coming off of these! I have been on drugs for SOOO long, including the sub, that I can't remember what it is like not to be on anything. I am in my last year of accounting school. So that keeps me occupied. My therapist (Our dr. makes us go to therapy) said that it really helps to keep my time occupied so that I don't get bored. But he also said it was important not to get compulsive about whatever it is that I get involved in... Anyway..So I will keep you updated on my progress. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie321 View Post
    Hi Meagan
    I am not sure but how long were you on them? When I stopped it was the evening of day 2 where I felt like rosemaries baby, ie; throwing up and diarrhea and then it was gone and that was it.... unfortunately for me I relapsed and I finally went to a sub doc to do it the right way, The last time I stopped was because my dealer ran away with the money I gave him for the subs and the next 3 days we were trapped in the house because of a snow storm..... anyhow I am now at 4mgs a day and I am following Roberts taper plan .25 reduction every 4 days, I just want to be done with it. Noone knows about my problem, I am actually successful in my job and super responsible so if I told anyone about this they wouldnt believe me, I guess we all have our demons. Please let me know you are doing, I read so many horror stories on here that I need some encouragement.
    I am in the same situation as you! Noone knows I am doing this either besides my husband.. He has been such a help! He keeps my subs for me so that I don't take more than the 2 a day. The dr. has me on 3 a day but I wanted to taper to 2, and have been successful at it for a few months, and I know it is time to come down. That is why I came looking for help on the internet. I just need some help and advice, and encourgement like you! I am in my last year of accounting school, and I have a son. NO ONE in my family knows I have the problem, and no one knew while I had the problem buying on the streets for 5 years either! I managed to keep it hidden pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Use2use View Post
    Robert,

I read the link, and today I cut 2mg off my first 8mg tablet and I will cut 2mg off of the last dose.. So if in 4 days I feel ok, I should cut down another 4mg? I am really excited about coming off of these! I have been on drugs for SOOO long, including the sub, that I can't remember what it is like not to be on anything. I am in my last year of accounting school. So that keeps me occupied. My therapist (Our dr. makes us go to therapy) said that it really helps to keep my time occupied so that I don't get bored. But he also said it was important not to get compulsive about whatever it is that I get involved in... Anyway..So I will keep you updated on my progress. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Use2use ..... I will do anything I can do to help you. You've been taking WAY TOO much sub for too long. You've been making that dr's BMW payment! I get so annoyed with drs prescribing people with such high doses. I normally induct people at 2-3mg total. I have had people come on this forum taking 32mg, I had them go into w/d and re-induct them and one of them works on the forum with me still. His name is Henry. You'll see his posts all over the forum. When we re-inducted him I had him stable at 1.25mg total >> 32mg! That is crazy!

At the high dose you're on you should be able to drop the first several mg pretty quickly. We can get you down to under 8mg a day very quickly. Then we will start doing the standard taper you read in the link. I would drop that next dose after three days. You won't even notice it at the dose you're taking now.

Keep me posted how you're doing. It might be a good idea to start yourself a new thread of your own. It's easy to get lost in big threads like this one. If you start a new thread you'll get lots of support as we work through this.

If you follow exactly what suggestions I give you I guarantee I'll stick this out with you until you are totally clean. It's just very important that you do exactly what is suggested. Let me know everything that is going on so I can help you. God bless.
    Pippi4J likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Use2use ..... I will do anything I can do to help you. You've been taking WAY TOO much sub for too long. You've been making that dr's BMW payment! I get so annoyed with drs prescribing people with such high doses. I normally induct people at 2-3mg total. I have had people come on this forum taking 32mg, I had them go into w/d and re-induct them and one of them works on the forum with me still. His name is Henry. You'll see his posts all over the forum. When we re-inducted him I had him stable at 1.25mg total >> 32mg! That is crazy!

At the high dose you're on you should be able to drop the first several mg pretty quickly. We can get you down to under 8mg a day very quickly. Then we will start doing the standard taper you read in the link. I would drop that next dose after three days. You won't even notice it at the dose you're taking now.
    Keep me posted how you're doing. It might be a good idea to start yourself a new thread of your own. It's easy to get lost in big threads like this one. If you start a new thread you'll get lots of support as we work through this.

If you follow exactly what suggestions I give you I guarantee I'll stick this out with you until you are totally clean. It's just very important that you do exactly what is suggested. Let me know everything that is going on so I can help you. God bless.
    As far as the dr.'s BMW payment... yes I would say you are correct there! My husband has VERY good insurance. And the Dr. makes it a point to ask what type insurance we have.. Which I found odd. This is actually the 2nd Dr. office I have been to. But I didn't miss any dates, or break prescriptions between dr.'s. The first one I went to did not take insurance and charged $400/month... and so I could not afford to keep paying that, and I found the one I am at now. I let him know where and how long I had been at the other one.The 1st dr. could not take insurance because he had been busted for prescribing narc to people and making them give him so many of them... Yeah, pretty bad, he was on probation...
    As far as how I feel on day one, I feel fine, I don't feel any different. I have went up and down(tapering) on my own before. I actually went down to 2mg every other day on my own before... And to be honest.. I went back up because I wanted the energy boost. The sub's give me energy . That's what is going to be my BIGGIST problem with coming off of these. BUT, I do have my husband to hide the pills from me, so that I can't get them and take any more than I am suppose to
    I will keep you posted as I go. Thank you for the encouraging words!!!

As far as the dr.'s BMW payment... yes I would say you are correct there! My husband has VERY good insurance. And the Dr. makes it a point to ask what type insurance we have.. Which I found odd. This is actually the 2nd Dr. office I have been to. But I didn't miss any dates, or break prescriptions between dr.'s. The first one I went to did not take insurance and charged $400/month... and so I could not afford to keep paying that, and I found the one I am at now. I let him know where and how long I had been at the other one.The 1st dr. could not take insurance because he had been busted for prescribing narc to people and making them give him so many of them... Yeah, pretty bad, he was on probation...
    As far as how I feel on day one, I feel fine, I don't feel any different. I have went up and down(tapering) on my own before. I actually went down to 2mg every other day on my own before... And to be honest.. I went back up because I wanted the energy boost. The sub's give me energy . That's what is going to be my BIGGIST problem with coming off of these. BUT, I do have my husband to hide the pills from me, so that I can't get them and take any more than I am suppose to
    I will keep you posted as I go. Thank you for the encouraging words!!!

You REALLY DON'T want to be jumping around on your dose. If you will stick to what I suggest to you I can have you clean in the most comfortable manner possible. I've done this a thousand times. But you need to follow the suggestions to the letter. Post to me later today or this evening, let me know exactly where you are on the dosing today and let's make a steadfast plan that you will stick to that you have you clean in ths shortest time possible. God bless.

You REALLY DON'T want to be jumping around on your dose. If you will stick to what I suggest to you I can have you clean in the most comfortable manner possible. I've done this a thousand times. But you need to follow the suggestions to the letter. Post to me later today or this evening, let me know exactly where you are on the dosing today and let's make a steadfast plan that you will stick to that you have you clean in ths shortest time possible. God bless.
    I know, that is why I know I need help. That is why I first handed the script over to my husband for safe keeping. And then I found this forum for support and advice. I feel a little drained today. So I bought an energy drink... I also have my 2 year old neice with me today to keep me occupied. I wish I would have found this forum at the beginning of summer break from school.. I would have been a little better use to the tapering by the time school starts back, but I am sure I will be ok.
    I haven't taken my first dose today yet. I try to wait until 6pm to take the first dose. (My husband works 2nd shift and we don't get up until 11:30 am) so I am up for about 7 hours before I take the first one... Then the second one is at 11:30 or midnight. And we go to bed at 3 or 4am... Do you think that is ok for the timing of taking them? Or should I space them out better?

I know, that is why I know I need help. That is why I first handed the script over to my husband for safe keeping. And then I found this forum for support and advice. I feel a little drained today. So I bought an energy drink... I also have my 2 year old neice with me today to keep me occupied. I wish I would have found this forum at the beginning of summer break from school.. I would have been a little better use to the tapering by the time school starts back, but I am sure I will be ok.
    I haven't taken my first dose today yet. I try to wait until 6pm to take the first dose. (My husband works 2nd shift and we don't get up until 11:30 am) so I am up for about 7 hours before I take the first one... Then the second one is at 11:30 or midnight. And we go to bed at 3 or 4am... Do you think that is ok for the timing of taking them? Or should I space them out better?

If you guys are night people then dose accordingly. No reason to take your meds early if you're up until 4 AM. That is fine. Just make sure to dose at the same time each day. That is very important.

Watch the energy drinks. They are loaded with caffiene and are inclined to add to your anxiety level. Just a little tip there. Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.

Default Robert I need your help

If you guys are night people then dose accordingly. No reason to take your meds early if you're up until 4 AM. That is fine. Just make sure to dose at the same time each day. That is very important.

Watch the energy drinks. They are loaded with caffiene and are inclined to add to your anxiety level. Just a little tip there. Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.
    Hi Robert

I am ready to do this the right way. I am at 4mg from 6mg. My dr wanted me on 3 8mg pills a day I knew better and didn't dare take that much. I will taper by .25 every four days as you say. How do I do that with the 2mg pills? Can you help me?

I will watch the energy drinks. I feel sick to my stomach right now. I felt this lastnight as well. I don't know if it is from tapering off, or from not eating. See I am also trying to taper myself off of my topamax at the same time( the topamax is for migraines)... Other than those 2 meds, I only take vitamins (B-12, vit D, and biotin).
    I don't really think that me being sick to my stomach could be from tapering so soon...could it?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-08-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Hi Robert

I am ready to do this the right way. I am at 4mg from 6mg. My dr wanted me on 3 8mg pills a day I knew better and didn't dare take that much. I will taper by .25 every four days as you say. How do I do that with the 2mg pills? Can you help me?

It's a 25% reduction every four days. You should go from 6mg to 4.5mg, to 3.2mg, etc. Going to 4mg is okay and you can go to 3mg next. I will help you as you go down don't worry. It will just involve cutting a little off the 2mg pills to get to the dose we need. Trust me! God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-08-2011 at 09:32 PM.

I will watch the energy drinks. I feel sick to my stomach right now. I felt this lastnight as well. I don't know if it is from tapering off, or from not eating. See I am also trying to taper myself off of my topamax at the same time( the topamax is for migraines)... Other than those 2 meds, I only take vitamins (B-12, vit D, and biotin).
    I don't really think that me being sick to my stomach could be from tapering so soon...could it?

You shouldn't be having w/d problems doing the reduction where you are on the dosing amount. You could be having some symptoms from the Topamax. I honestly would not do both tapers at once. Let's get the sub taper going and get you to wherer you are good and stable before starting the Topamax. Just a suggestion. How long have you been on Tompamax? God bless.

Default Robert..... Thank You!!!

Robert thank you so very much. How so I know it's 3.2mg?? I take it twice a day should I split it off both doses?? Like less than 2 in the am and less than 2 at 3pm?? I'm not sure what's the best way to do this

Acey916 is offline Junior Member

I am going through it right now check out my diary for more information on how I am beating it, it could help you when you decide to jump.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...tml#post327733

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Acey916 View Post
    I am going through it right now check out my diary for more information on how I am beating it, it could help you when you decide to jump.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...tml#post327733
    Wow Acey That is amazing!!! Keep up the good work. How long were you taking the subs all in all?? I think you jumped a little too fast, I am trying to taper down as low as possible and over the shoretst period of time possible. I work full time and have my own business which needs me to be energetic and on point 7 days a week. I am super worried about that and that is probably the reason it has taken me this long. I am my families only support system and without me the mortgage doesnt get paid which is why it is so hard. I wish I could just take 2 weeks and stay in bed. I think with a slow slow taper I will be able to work and act like I am working through a cold or flu. Please keep us posted. Its stories like these that inspire me. I want to do this so badly.

Meagan how are you today? Everyone else? I hope all is well

Acey916 is offline Junior Member

Hey Vickie I hope you are doing okay. I did jump too soon, but I couldnt wait to do it any longer I wanted my life back. I took subs for a little over 5 months, but before that I took Methadone and oxy cotton for about 2 years.

I was kinda like you, instead of working I had college. I wanted to feel on point everyday for college, I did do great in school, but at the same time at the cost of being an addict. I wouldnt even go to school unless I got my fix. Its summer and I am unemployed college student so I decided to just tough it out. It got bad, really bad about day 4, then it got better after that. I still feel the Post Acute withdrawals today even still but I am getting better, everyday brings its challenges, and each day is a new day for discovery of a drug free life. One of the things I also did was stop talking to a lot of people I would surround myself with (addicts) and that helps me stay clean, no temptations.

I wish you the best Vickie, take your time with it, dont rush it, do it when you feel comterfable. But remember how powerful the human brain is, no matter how bad it gets just knwo that it gets better with time. Time heals all wounds. Anyways I am here for you if u ever need to talk Best wishes to you!!!
    Technical likes this.

Robert thank you so very much. How so I know it's 3.2mg?? I take it twice a day should I split it off both doses?? Like less than 2 in the am and less than 2 at 3pm?? I'm not sure what's the best way to do this

Sorry had some things distract me today. Just logging in now. Just stick with the 3mg, that is fine. See how you feel after four days at that dose and then we can make plans to reduce again. God bless.

You shouldn't be having w/d problems doing the reduction where you are on the dosing amount. You could be having some symptoms from the Topamax. I honestly would not do both tapers at once. Let's get the sub taper going and get you to wherer you are good and stable before starting the Topamax. Just a suggestion. How long have you been on Tompamax? God bless.
    I have been on topamax for about 5 years now. I have gone days before without the topamax and didn't feel any different. But I saw online that it needs to tapered off carefully. But I had already started this process a week ago. So what do you suggest? The only reason I want off of the topamax is because they have horriable side affects if you want to get pregnant (for the baby) and can have bad side affects for me as well from long term use. I got the miagrains from a car wreck I was in about 11 years ago. I am hoping that they have gone away by now.
    Again, thank you for you time and advice! And God bless you too!

P.S. If I don't feel like I need my last dose of the sub for the day... do you recommend me taking it anyway? Reason I ask, is because it is my doseage time and I don't feel as if I need it...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-09-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask a question

6th day is offline New Member

Default day 17

It has been 17 day off suboxone still can't eat soild food without it running though me. Also the morning are a killer have no energy at all. Does anyone know when I will feel better. the only thing good about this hole thing I lost 20 lb in the last 17 days LOL LOL. At night I take 50mg of seroquil to help sleep and it make the rsl go away. Has anyone stop taken suboxone? and how long did it take to feel normal again. Need info thanks

daniaug is offline New Member

Hello there, I actually did a search at the government's own website on mental health regarding addiction and the effects on pregnancy. There was a specific article posted showing the results of research done on expecting mothers and the effects of Suboxone versus Methadone on pregnancy including delivery and withdraw affects for the baby. The research seemed to indicate that the babies influenced by the suboxone (not the methadone) either suffered minimal and very short term withdrawl symptoms or NONE at all. Whereas the babies whose mothers were taking methadone all gave birth to babies under various amounts of withdraw for their newborns. Some of the babies exposed to the methadone suffered withdraw symptoms for several weeks So, if you are concerned with which is safer, I woudl recommend doing more reserch, but I thought it was pretty clear that the babies faired far better when the mother was using Suboxone >>. methadone. If you go to the gov't website and look into the archives for mental health/subatance abuse you should be able to find this article. God bless you as you work through your addiction issues, or whatever medical problems find you needing to be on suboxone at this critical time. And congratulations on your pregnancy. Do everything you can to stay healthy for yourself and your little one.

Quote Originally Posted by daniaug View Post
    Hello there, I actually did a search at the government's own website on mental health regarding addiction and the effects on pregnancy. There was a specific article posted showing the results of research done on expecting mothers and the effects of Suboxone versus Methadone on pregnancy including delivery and withdraw affects for the baby. The research seemed to indicate that the babies influenced by the suboxone (not the methadone) either suffered minimal and very short term withdrawl symptoms or NONE at all. Whereas the babies whose mothers were taking methadone all gave birth to babies under various amounts of withdraw for their newborns. Some of the babies exposed to the methadone suffered withdraw symptoms for several weeks So, if you are concerned with which is safer, I woudl recommend doing more reserch, but I thought it was pretty clear that the babies faired far better when the mother was using Suboxone >>. methadone. If you go to the gov't website and look into the archives for mental health/subatance abuse you should be able to find this article. God bless you as you work through your addiction issues, or whatever medical problems find you needing to be on suboxone at this critical time. And congratulations on your pregnancy. Do everything you can to stay healthy for yourself and your little one.

I agree with your findings for the most part. The only thing that I would add is that rather than suboxone (which contains naloxone as an active ingredient) it is suggested that pregnant women should use subutex which is pure buprenorphine without the naloxone. The naloxone is only used as a deterent to using IV so unless a mother is an IV drug user she is better off with subutex. And if tapering slowly and properly she can taper off the subutex with minimal problems for her and without endangering the baby. Extra special care needs to be taken during the first trimester. God bless.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast