Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
    HicksvilleNY is offline Member

Shrimpboat......

keep posting......

as will I.......
    day 23
    been trying to ride my bike daily.its hard.
    our problem is our brains need to start making endorphines again on thier own,
    when that happens we will slowly feel better.

I think its more of a hormonal imbalance than true WDs.
    been reading all morning

Keep riding it out, I'm right behind ya and not turning around this time
    shrimpboat 1942 likes this.

Ktucker44 is offline New Member

Default In need of a gameplan plz!!!!

Robert_325,
    I have read a lot of your posts on tapering and you sound very well informed about safetly getting off of this drug. I have been on suboxone for a year started with 8mg daily. Throughout the past year ive gone down to 4mg/daily, then to 2mg/dailly, thats what ive been on the past 5months. Ive been switched to subutex because ive just found out that i am pregnant and my sub doc doesn't want to see me anymore, so he wrote me a script for 7 pills which are 2mgs, and he said he hopes not to see me anymore. I know that they advise you to not stop taking subutex while pregnant, but at my doctor visit he said that i'm at such a low dosage that if i tapered off safely, that i would be okay. That is what i wanted to do anyways. The past 4 days ive been taking 1mg with no w/d's whatsoever.(today is the 4th day) Can you help me with what i should do next dosage wise??? I welcome your advice with open arms. Thank you and god bless!

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Ktucker44 View Post
    Robert_325,
    I have read a lot of your posts on tapering and you sound very well informed about safetly getting off of this drug. I have been on suboxone for a year started with 8mg daily. Throughout the past year ive gone down to 4mg/daily, then to 2mg/dailly, thats what ive been on the past 5months. Ive been switched to subutex because ive just found out that i am pregnant and my sub doc doesn't want to see me anymore, so he wrote me a script for 7 pills which are 2mgs, and he said he hopes not to see me anymore. I know that they advise you to not stop taking subutex while pregnant, but at my doctor visit he said that i'm at such a low dosage that if i tapered off safely, that i would be okay. That is what i wanted to do anyways. The past 4 days ive been taking 1mg with no w/d's whatsoever.(today is the 4th day) Can you help me with what i should do next dosage wise??? I welcome your advice with open arms. Thank you and god bless!

Sure I will help you. I've done this safely with lots of pregnant ladies. If you've been at 1mg four days and are having no w/d symptoms drop down to .75mg tomorrow. We will want to drop your dose by 25% every four days if possible.

Post to me daily so I 'll know how you're doing and if I need to make any other suggestions. Don't be paranoid, we can do this and your baby will be born with no addiction to the subs whatsoever. Just keep me posted and we'll get you through this. You should expect this to go pretty easily as you've done so well already. You'll feel so good about this for your baby's sake as well as your own once we are done. God bless.

Robert_325,
    Thank you for the prompt reply, very appreciated! I will post tmrw.

Robert_325,
    Thank you for the prompt reply, very appreciated! I will post tmrw.

I attend church every Sunday most of the day. I have a personal dear friend who is a pastor from India visiting and I will be spending some time with him. He is my dear friend. He is an amazing man, truly a man of God.

It will be mid afternoon before we get home from his sermon, so don't freak out if it's up in the afernoon before I reply. Sunday is my day of praise to my Lord and Savior so I will reply as early as I'm able,but you will hear from me I assure you. God bless.

Default 1st day of .75

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I attend church every Sunday most of the day. I have a personal dear friend who is a pastor from India visiting and I will be spending some time with him. He is my dear friend. He is an amazing man, truly a man of God.

It will be mid afternoon before we get home from his sermon, so don't freak out if it's up in the afernoon before I reply. Sunday is my day of praise to my Lord and Savior so I will reply as early as I'm able,but you will hear from me I assure you. God bless.
    No problem, i totally understand! (i'm in the process of being confirmed in the catholic church)
    Today was okay, no w/d's with my 1st dose of .75. I am very amazed that i havent had any w/d at all while lowering my dose, considering 5days ago i was taking 2mg and ive knocked off 1.25 mg w/in those 5 days. Its kinda of hard to tell the difference of morning sickness and symptoms of lowering my dosage. I feel like i should be proud of myself for doing pretty well so far, but the feelings and thoughts of failure are still very much with me. I think thats a big fault of mine, not having faith in myself.
    I would like to know what is the best way to split up the pills because the 2mg are sooooo little and since there for dissolving they tend to crumble when i break them. How would you sugest i split them up?
    You have also said you suggest that people take 2 doses, like half of .75 in the am and the other half late afternoon, should i start doing that, will it help in the long run? Thank you so much, God bless.

Normankay is offline Member

why are my posts getting erased?

I am trying to truely help this person,

If you think that there is something larger that got you to quit drugs you are mistaken, you can do it yourself. Soon addiction will be thing of the past, I have 8 almost 9 months clean and know that there is a way to be clean without going to church and pretending to believe in something you arent sure exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Normankay View Post

If you think that there is something larger that got you to quit drugs you are mistaken, you can do it yourself. Soon addiction will be thing of the past, I have 8 almost 9 months clean and know that there is a way to be clean without going to church and pretending to believe in something you arent sure exists.

I don't go to church to pretend to believe in anything for what it matters. And congratulations on your almost nine months clean. Wait until you have closer to ten years and then we'll talk about it more. God bless.

No problem, i totally understand! (i'm in the process of being confirmed in the catholic church)
    Today was okay, no w/d's with my 1st dose of .75. I am very amazed that i havent had any w/d at all while lowering my dose, considering 5days ago i was taking 2mg and ive knocked off 1.25 mg w/in those 5 days. Its kinda of hard to tell the difference of morning sickness and symptoms of lowering my dosage. I feel like i should be proud of myself for doing pretty well so far, but the feelings and thoughts of failure are still very much with me. I think thats a big fault of mine, not having faith in myself.
    I would like to know what is the best way to split up the pills because the 2mg are sooooo little and since there for dissolving they tend to crumble when i break them. How would you sugest i split them up?
    You have also said you suggest that people take 2 doses, like half of .75 in the am and the other half late afternoon, should i start doing that, will it help in the long run? Thank you so much, God bless.

I usually start working with people who are higher doses than 1mg or less. At higher doses splitting the dose makes it a little easier as you are also splitting the reduction. At this point under 1mg if you are comfortable with dosing once a day that is really best. I was about to suggest it in fact.

With a 2mg pill simply crush the pill totally into powder and use a single-edged razor blade to divide the powder into four equal .5mg piles. You can get the piles as close as necessary by eyeballing it. Use a mirror or glass covered picture frame so you don't make a mess. If you need .75mg simply use one of the .5mg piles and cut one of the other .5mg piles in half. That will give you .75mg. It's very simple to get to any dose using this method. Then you simply put a sharp crease on a business card and pour the tiny pile under your tongue as if it were a pill. The powder will dissolve quickly but it will work perfectly.

These .5mg piles start getting pretty small especially when we cut into them to get even smaller amounts. I would use a small post it note to label the piles so you know what you have in each pile. Don't crush anymore than one 2mg pill at a time or you'll make a mess. And put the mirror or picture frame up in a closet or somewhere safe where the little piles won't get mixed together causing confusion with what you have.

Once you get down to .25mg each day or even .125mg each day I have suggested for years that you go through a short process of skipping days that we can get into when you get closer to that point. Of course you can also taper all the way down to nothing, but we will wait and see what works best for you as we are all a little different. For now just continue with the same dose four days, then reduce it by 25% and repeat the same process. We'll deal with the final process when we get there.

You're doing awesome and we'll have you totally clean in a matter of 3-4 weeks without a lot of w/d symptoms and you'll be able to enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy as you and your baby deserve. I have you in my prayers and know this process works if you will simply follow what I'm telling you to the letter. I've been doing this a long time here and have worked with lots of pregnant ladies doing this exact same thing successfully just as I'm explaining it to you. Stay in touch. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-17-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    Ktucker44 likes this.

I appreciate you trying to give your advice. But just for the record even though ive been on suboxone i still consider myself clean, which means ive been clean for a little over a year.

Me going to church or getting confirmed has nothing to do with me wanting to get off subutex. And I dont have to pretend to believe in God, because i do believe in God. Even when i was on pain pills i still believed in God, just like i always have. My faith in God did not suddenly appear when i got sober, it has, and always will be a part of my life. Sober or not!

my mom has always been buddhist she is 23 years clean,

and are you Christian I mean really Christian, because if you were you wouldnt have erased my post.
    I read the big book on average of 4 hours a day (3 in class) 5 days a week for 4 months. I know my mom hasnt even read that. I have seen the history of AA, Hugh McCoy was a large part in setting up the Rehab I went to. The book has a clear cut path to spirituality, however Christianity is not the only religion. It was approved by almost all religions except for Jehovas Witness. (at the time).
    How often have you read the bible, if you truely lived the word of the bible, you would be scared. Nobody lives the way of the bible and only live the way of the bible, however slowly but surely we take pieces of what we would like out of it and forget the rest. I sometimes think Jesus realised man had abused the idea of God to control. Why are there no scriptures from Jesus, not apostles in the book. You really need to re read the book and re read it again. Now if Jesus realised man had used idea of God for fear wouldnt that make you turn on Judaoism. re read and re read my man, its there but once you start judging a persons beliefs are you no better than the Jewish people or the Muslims or the right wing Christians however the Buddhists found the same form of enlightenment in spirituality long before Jesus. Do your history on the evolution of God, abrahamic bible, Koran before you just erase.
    Religion has evolved again right in front of you, you just don't realise it.
    Now its Christians and Christians only setting up a self destruction with the idea of hell so engrained on who is right that humanity is going to have a war of the religions. It is humanitys downfall.
    All the new Christians are having pre-marital sex, partying, most don't even go to church.
    Look in Church you will see what I see, a bunch of people that use church instead of using actual humility.
    You read the book over and over again Robert. What were those few secrets you never told your sponsor that made you think that is why you were using?
    The bible clearly says always to question your faith, do you do that or do use faith as a means of not wanting to know who you are?

my mom has always been buddhist she is 23 years clean,

So are you saying Zen Buddhism is a cure for addiction? That is insane. I am happy for your mother but I've got over nine years clean and didn't accept Christ until I had been clean for a number of years. My Christianity was just part of my spiritual progression after getting clean. Buddhism is not a cure for anything, however I am happy for your mother. I have happened to study the Way Of Zen by Alan Watts and numerous books on Buddhism. We aren't pushing any religion here, God bless.

Bill w had enough you humility to send these books to every religion, do you have enough humility to say you are not 100 percent sure god exists, bc I am sure the muslims feel just as devout and the buddhists are just as devout. Do you really have that kind of Humility in you. Or do you want me to believe that, I was raised more religious than most people I know and I still have enough humility to say I don't buy it a hundred percent. Once I started smoking weed I was sure I was going to hell and having pre marital sex I was sure I was going to hell. My drug use got worse just from fear of being judge, most people didnt know I was that religious because my alter ego wouldnt tell people I was that devout.

and are you Christian I mean really Christian, because if you were you wouldnt have erased my post.
    I read the big book on average of 4 hours a day (3 in class) 5 days a week for 4 months. I know my mom hasnt even read that. I have seen the history of AA, Hugh McCoy was a large part in setting up the Rehab I went to. The book has a clear cut path to spirituality, however Christianity is not the only religion. It was approved by almost all religions except for Jehovas Witness. (at the time).
    How often have you read the bible, if you truely lived the word of the bible, you would be scared. Nobody lives the way of the bible and only live the way of the bible, however slowly but surely we take pieces of what we would like out of it and forget the rest. I sometimes think Jesus realised man had abused the idea of God to control. Why are there no scriptures from Jesus, not apostles in the book. You really need to re read the book and re read it again. Now if Jesus realised man had used idea of God for fear wouldnt that make you turn on Judaoism. re read and re read my man, its there but once you start judging a persons beliefs are you no better than the Jewish people or the Muslims or the right wing Christians however the Buddhists found the same form of enlightenment in spirituality long before Jesus. Do your history on the evolution of God, abrahamic bible, Koran before you just erase.
    Religion has evolved again right in front of you, you just don't realise it.
    Now its Christians and Christians only setting up a self destruction with the idea of hell so engrained on who is right that humanity is going to have a war of the religions. It is humanitys downfall.
    All the new Christians are having pre-marital sex, partying, most don't even go to church.
    Look in Church you will see what I see, a bunch of people that use church instead of using actual humility.
    You read the book over and over again Robert. What were those few secrets you never told your sponsor that made you think that is why you were using?
    The bible clearly says always to question your faith, do you do that or do use faith as a means of not wanting to know who you are?

I didn't delete your posts. The moderator deleted your posts, I don't do that or have that functionality power. But I'm not even getting into how much study of the Bible I have done with you. I don't have to justify my relationship with Christ with you. It's between He and I. You are free to believe as you choose and I will pray for your salvation as I do everyone on this forum. But you don't need to lecture me on the Bible. I am afraid you are getting in way over your league if we started that discussion which I refuse to do on this forum. This place is about getting off drugs. If Buddism works for you that is wonderful. But the only way to ultimately reach God in the afterlife is through the Son. If you choose to deny that the consequences are yours to deal with. I will not pursue this discussion about Buddhism or any religion with you on drugs.com. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-17-2011 at 05:23 PM.
    Christian_Parker and Bink11 like this.

robert I am not saying buddhism is the only reason we use. I just want you to always question God, do it in as many ways as possible. Study what makes people atheist, which I dont happen to believe but look at what evolution of man really says, look at how old earth really is, look at what big bang really is, always question god with the science and math around you. Look at how infinite space really is. God is there its everywhere, Now once you start doing that you realise how precious humanity really is. And is God a man made idea. I want you to study it. Most man made religions have a destructive end all with a fight for who is the most right. Man cant keep multiplying over and over like humans have done. There is not enough a lot of things, money, food, water, those are just to name a few.
    Look up what the word
    Normalcy Bias is.

robert I am not saying buddhism is the only reason we use. I just want you to always question God, do it in as many ways as possible. Study what makes people atheist, which I dont happen to believe but look at what evolution of man really says, look at how old earth really is, look at what big bang really is, always question god with the science and math around you. Look at how infinite space really is. God is there its everywhere, Now once you start doing that you realise how precious humanity really is. And is God a man made idea. I want you to study it. Most man made religions have a destructive end all with a fight for who is the most right. Man cant keep multiplying over and over like humans have done. There is not enough a lot of things, money, food, water, those are just to name a few.
    Look up what the word
    Normalcy Bias is.

You will not get me to question my God. I don't have to justify anything to you that I believe. I told you I wouldn't have this conversation with you on the forum and if you persist you will see that I just might have a little more stroke with drugs.com to get you deleted than you may believe. Get off my case with your Buddhism/athiest/crazy rant and don't tell me what to think about or what to read. You sound like some kid. You believe what you choose to believe, I will believe what I choose, but get off my case! Is that plain enough? And I still wish you blessings as Christ died on the cross for you the same as He did for me, but don't post to me concering this conversation again. That is a personal demand! I am done with you. This isn't the place for this discussion.
    Christian_Parker and Bink11 like this.

Default 2nd day of .75

Robert_325,
    Hey just wanted to check in and tell you that today was a really great day, esp since my morning sickness subsided, and I felt on top of the world!!!! I think eveery day that goes by easily makes me more and more certain that this is possible! Thank you so much for being here for me, I cannot express my gratitude enough. No one in my family is an addict so they dont really understand all of this. But im lucky that they have been so patient with me and thats all i can really ask for. Well i shouldnt really even ask for that! just letting you know how im doing!!! take care and god bless!!

Default 1st day of .50

Robert_325,
    Okay today was my first day of .50, ive been feeling a little sick. Starting the last 2 days of .75 is when it started. Its been mainly light w/d's like sweating, insomnia, diarreha, but im trying my hardest to stay positive. Just checking in to let you know how im doing

Robert_325,
    Okay today was my first day of .50, ive been feeling a little sick. Starting the last 2 days of .75 is when it started. Its been mainly light w/d's like sweating, insomnia, diarreha, but im trying my hardest to stay positive. Just checking in to let you know how im doing

This is why I want you to stay in touch with me. At these low doses it can be a little tricky at times. Don't want you to be sick. It isn't necessary. Don't want you having diarrhea and similar symptoms.

Take .25mg right now. That should smooth you out. You can also take some imodium AD as necessary. Then we'll go back to .5mg again tomorrow. Let me know in a little while this evening how you are feeling. Just keep me informed and I'll get you through this comfortably as long as I know what is happening. Talk soon. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-20-2011 at 05:42 PM.

scoutin4 is offline New Member

Dear Members,
    I have tried for days to navigate this site,my e-mail tells me that all you good folks have answered my question,and Robert325 said he would help me.
    Maybe its my medication (sub)but I find this to be the most confusing website I have ever been on,when I do find something its only by chance.
    Well I cant deal with this any more.I will try again,Tommorow.

This is why I want you to stay in touch with me. At these low doses it can be a little tricky at times. Don't want you to be sick. It isn't necessary. Don't want you having diarrhea and similar symptoms.

Take .25mg right now. That should smooth you out. You can also take some imodium AD as necessary. Then we'll go back to .5mg again tomorrow. Let me know in a little while this evening how you are feeling. Just keep me informed and I'll get you through this comfortably as long as I know what is happening. Talk soon. God bless.
    Robert_325,
    This is going to sound really weird but here it is, okay so when i wrote you earlier today i had just taken that .50 dose and since about an hour after that i have felt fine, if not amazing, no w/d symptoms whatsoever! But the last two days of me taking .75 i felt a little bad. What is going on, that doesn't make any sense to me??? Is my body just slowly reacting to a lower dosage? Oh and i never took that .25 because i just now checked the forum and i feel fine. Its a good thing dont get me wrong, im happy, but just confused!! thank you and god bless!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-21-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutin4 View Post
    Dear Members,
    I have tried for days to navigate this site,my e-mail tells me that all you good folks have answered my question,and Robert325 said he would help me.
    Maybe its my medication (sub)but I find this to be the most confusing website I have ever been on,when I do find something its only by chance.
    Well I cant deal with this any more.I will try again,Tommorow.

Scout ..... all you have to do is subscribe to the thread under this box where you reply. Then you'll get an email when there is a post. You can copy and paste the link of the email sent to you and never even have to go on the site itself if you choose not to look at other posts. Don't give up, I'm here to help you. God bless.

Robert_325,
    This is going to sound really weird but here it is, okay so when i wrote you earlier today i had just taken that .50 dose and since about an hour after that i have felt fine, if not amazing, no w/d symptoms whatsoever! But the last two days of me taking .75 i felt a little ??????. What is going on, that doesn't make any sense to me??? Is my body just slowly reacting to a lower dosage? Oh and i never took that .25 because i just now checked the forum and i feel fine. Its a good thing dont get me wrong, im happy, but just confused!! thank you and god bless!

I'm glad you did the smart thing and used your head! Subs have a very long half life, up to 72 hours or longer for lots of people. Sometimes it can take a few days for us to even feel a w/d symptom, just like you experienced, then once we dose again we clear up. That is actually a good sign as you will likely have an easier time than a person who metabolizes the subs quickly and feels the symptoms on the first or second day. Stick with me and keep me posted. I have a strong feeling this is going to go very well for you based on my experience. BE HAPPY, I think you got a break! God bless.

I'm glad you did the smart thing and used your head! Subs have a very long half life, up to 72 hours or longer for lots of people. Sometimes it can take a few days for us to even feel a w/d symptom, just like you experienced, then once we dose again we clear up. That is actually a good sign as you will likely have an easier time than a person who metabolizes the subs quickly and feels the symptoms on the first or second day. Stick with me and keep me posted. I have a strong feeling this is going to go very well for you based on my experience. BE HAPPY, I think you got a break! God bless.
    Robert_325,
    Thanks for getting back with me. You see i never really understood the whole "long half life" deal. The reason being because anytime i ever forgot my medicine at my house while staying the night at my boyfriends house i could feel the w/d's kicking in about 24hrs after my last dose, i always figured that my body chemistry was different from everyone elses. Because when i first got on suboxone i was never told that it too was addictive I learned that after not taking it one day, boy was i in for a SHOCK!!!! Did it take up to 72hrs for you to feel w/d's??

I'm happy for myself, but i'm really lucky to have found someone who knows a lot about saftley getting off of it. I cannot thank you enough! You are like my internet angel, thank you, thank you and thank you!!!! take care and god bless

Default 4th day of .50 of the 2mg subutex

Robert_325,
    Just checking in today is the 4th day of .50 of the 2mg subutex. Everything has been going well, the past 2days ive been very busy with taking my son to festivals around town, getting his halloween costume,etc... So ive noticed that staying busy is a key role in all of this. The more things i have to do, the less i notice little things about my body that could be better or more comfortable. Thats what i was always looking for in the past some sort of comfort, and when i found lorcet and soma, my problem was solved i found what i had always been searching for. Or so i thought!!!
    Anyways hope all is well with you, and i hope you and your family had a great weekend. Take care and god bless

Robert_325,
    Just checking in today is the 4th day of .50 of the 2mg subutex. Everything has been going well, the past 2days ive been very busy with taking my son to festivals around town, getting his halloween costume,etc... So ive noticed that staying busy is a key role in all of this. The more things i have to do, the less i notice little things about my body that could be better or more comfortable. Thats what i was always looking for in the past some sort of comfort, and when i found lorcet and soma, my problem was solved i found what i had always been searching for. Or so i thought!!!
    Anyways hope all is well with you, and i hope you and your family had a great weekend. Take care and god bless

Glad to hear the good news. The next 25% reduction would be to .375mg. However if it was me I would go ahead and drop to .25mg since you've done so well. If you get into this a couple days and experience any problems all we have to do is add a little sliver to your .25mg dose and you'll feel like new in minutes. But I say be agressive as you have the safety net.

You are almost done. You will be a success story in no time and I can just feel that as easy as this has been for you that going for .25mg tomorrow should not be bad. You may feel it a little but if it's not bad, it's okay to feel the taper a little. That means you're making real progress. If we never feel any symptoms at all we aren't pushing ourselves enough.

Let me know how you feel tomorrow. I have all the confidence in you and congratulations on your success! God bless.

Christian_Parker is offline New Member

WONDERFUL answer Robert!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-26-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: I intended for my comment to go somewhere else

Well the past few days ive been taking little slivers off a .50 mg pill, its hard to say what mg im actually taking because its their so tiny. The past two days was hell, but i think its was more from my morning sickness. Today is a more upbeat day, its starting to drive me insane how up and down i get, i just want to be normal. I do understand that all my hormone changes from becoming pregnant, and greatly decreaising my subutex and i stopped taking my 10mg of amitriptyline(anti depressent) has a lot to do with it. I can only imagine how much my body chemistry has changed. well just checking in to let you know how things have been

Kris2313 is offline New Member

Hi hoping I can find some info from those with experience! I have fibromyalgia & was prescribed 120 vics a month.. They're garbage & I never took them since they made me sick & didn't help my pain! 2yrs ago my (now ex) husband came home with subs & said they'd help my pain...& they did!! So I've been taking 2mgs of subs for about 2 yrs... Never thru a dr tho, since my drs have never heard of them, so they say! Now my ex & I are not speaking & I have no access to subs... Which is fine I want to be done with them... I can deal with the pain... But I'm terrified of WDs... I can't handle that... My question is can I take low dose vics to down play the WDs? I'm not worry about addiction at all, I fear WDs only! I had no idea what subs were until it was too late! Also is 2mgs for 2yrs gonna cause severe WDs? Or is it possible that it's such a low dose that I can get off easier then the horror stories I've read?? I took 1mg of sub on Sunday & nothing since... Today is Wens & I feel discomfort but nothing crazy... Any help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED! thank you!!

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast