Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
    Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ddosher View Post
    I do Custom Picture Framing. I have been doing it behind the scenes for friends and family for over 20 years and just made the jump into retail about 2years ago. I have such a passion for it (or I did until I stopped the Sub) and am looking forward to the day where my spirit WANTS to get some work done. Make no mistake, I am doing the minimal, but without the zest I once had. My brain is messed up and I pray that my higher power will see me through this to the other side. I WANT to do this. Thanks for your support. I couldn't do this without you.

Donna D
    Hi Donna
    I swear I know what you are talking about...I was on those oxycontin for about 3 years...and when I quit...it was hard for awhile ...but you do come back...Im stronger now than I have ever been in my life....I think we become stronger when we stop are drugs if we can do that we can do anything.
    Hang in there your doing everything right...just get some more days behind you...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

P.S. I loved my store but I never made enough money to justify it...

ddosher is offline Member

Default Day 17

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Donna
    I swear I know what you are talking about...I was on those oxycontin for about 3 years...and when I quit...it was hard for awhile ...but you do come back...Im stronger now than I have ever been in my life....I think we become stronger when we stop are drugs if we can do that we can do anything.
    Hang in there your doing everything right...just get some more days behind you...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

P.S. I loved my store but I never made enough money to justify it...
    Day 17 and my head ACHES and I still feel so anxious. It is so hard for me to understand why I feel so lackluster and unable to function. I have sooooo much to do and I just can't. I phoned my primary and I have to wait to see him on Monday for him to prescibe me anything for sleep. I do feel that if I could just get a good run on some sleep I would feel better.

itsmetoo2 is offline New Member

Hi lcon
    there are alto of stories of people getting on and off with great success on this site If you need help...start a new thread so we can help with the dosing of your son no way he should be on that for 1 to 5 years...
    Talk to you later, Melinda
    Interesting, I just went to a class on Suboxone yesterday. They said that everyone is different when taking a person off of this drug and how much the patient needs. Your doctor is correct when it comes to long effect it may take one to five years of treatment. Stick with him. he tells you what is out there on the protocol of this drug. Everyone and everybody is different your, son is fortunate, as his doctor is only in the 2% of doctors in the nation that can prescribe Subutex and Suboxone. He is under close control of the DEA and has a special license.

Do what you need but remember, the doctor is the doctor and has the best interest in your son. If you have any more questions naabt.org web page may be able to help you too.

Just to let you know I do not work for Suboxone or Subutex company. I just want to help and get educated in all aspects of pain and addiction.

I know what you have done and are going to do is out of love, for your son I am proud of you.

Keep in Touch,
    Margaret
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-26-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: errors in typing

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by itsmetoo2 View Post
    Interesting, I just went to a class on Suboxone yesterday. They said that everyone is different when taking a person off of this drug and how much the patient needs. Your doctor is correct when it comes to long effect it may take one to five years of treatment. Stick with him. he tells you what is out there on the protocol of this drug. Everyone and everybody is different your, son is fortunate, as his doctor is only in the 2% of doctors in the nation that can prescribe Subutex and Suboxone. He is under close control of the DEA and has a special license.

Do what you need but remember, the doctor is the doctor and has the best interest in your son. If you have any more questions naabt.org web page may be able to help you too.

Just to let you know I do not work for Suboxone or Subutex company. I just want to help and get educated in all aspects of pain and addiction.

I know what you have done and are going to do is out of love, for your son I am proud of you.

Keep in Touch,
    Margaret
    No offense to you.If Drs were advised properly on suboxone dosing, then there would be no need for 25% or so of the posts on this forum.Sub Drs take an 8 hour online course and are advised by the pharmaceutical co. that owns suboxone on dosing guidelines.They are overdosing sub and making patients maintain therapy for years for the money involved..Drs do not have a clue and really don't care..It is a scam in my opinion.Most Sub Drs are shady anyway.You are lucky if you get a good Dr...Sub Drs make you go to specific pharmacies,they make you have return appts at ridiculous costs way too often"every week in some cases'.Its all a scam.Roberts suboxone therapy suggestions have been proven to work by myself and many others.Again,I mean no offense when I say the experience of this forum collectively can help a sub patient better than most prescribing sub Drs..MM

lcon926 is offline New Member

Thanks for your reply Maragret and Musicman. It's good to hear opposing opinions. But I honestly have to say that "I" do not want my son on the subs for longer than 3 mths. I'm not so sure about him at this ponit. He has been on it about 12 days now at approx. 12mg a day. He takes 8 mg in the morning around 8-9, but yesterday he called me at work (2:30pm),and said he was antsy, and need another 1/2. So I gave him the 1/2, which I watched him take. That was it for the day. I was under the impresssion that 8mg should work for 12 hrs, but he seems to feel a need for more sooner. That scares me because I feel he should be fighting the urge alittle more, but again I'm not in his shoes. I tried yesteday to get him to only take 4mg in the morning, and then wait till noon for 4 more just to see how he feels, and he got really upset, and insisted that I give him the full pill. I'm not the one taking the sub so I guess I can't "guess" at how he's feeling. Maybe right now is not the time to start to taper. We go back to the Dr. on Monday. I'm real curious as to what he's gonna say. I was gonna let my son go alone, but I'm not gonna sit and let this Dr. tell him again how he might have to be on it for life. He's either gonna work with us to get him off or I'll find someone else who will help.
    I really appreciate reading about everyone's experiences and hearing their opinions. I've gotten more info on Suboxone from this site than I ever did from our Doctor.
    Thanks to all!!!
    Lisa

Default Day 18

Day 17 and my head ACHES and I still feel so anxious. It is so hard for me to understand why I feel so lackluster and unable to function. I have sooooo much to do and I just can't. I phoned my primary and I have to wait to see him on Monday for him to prescibe me anything for sleep. I do feel that if I could just get a good run on some sleep I would feel better.
    I'm still here and am more determined than ever that I will never go back. As bad as I still feel...HEADACHES, body aches, anxiousness, fogginess... I do recognize that I am getting better in so very small steps everyday. It is not happening as fast as I want, but there is a reason for everything and the pain is the best reminder of never having this happen again. No drug is worth this. NO DRUG IS WORTH THIS. If my higher power sees it clear that I get better, I will forever be grateful and humble and never hurt myself like this again.

Anonymous Guest

I'm still here and am more determined than ever that I will never go back. As bad as I still feel...HEADACHES, body aches, anxiousness, fogginess... I do recognize that I am getting better in so very small steps everyday. It is not happening as fast as I want, but there is a reason for everything and the pain is the best reminder of never having this happen again. No drug is worth this. NO DRUG IS WORTH THIS. If my higher power sees it clear that I get better, I will forever be grateful and humble and never hurt myself like this again.
    Hi Donna
    Your post gave me goose bumps..your going to make it just fine...
    In fact I think your kicken BUTT...
    YOU GO GIRL...
    talk to you later, Melinda

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by itsmetoo2 View Post

Keep in Touch,
    Margaret

I have been having computer problems for the last week and have not been online. Wish I could have replied to this sooner.

With all due respect it sounds like you attended a class sponsored by the naabt which is (as the name suggests) the primary organization in this country for promoting the use of buprenorphine. As musicman pointed out drs take a quick course that I could pass blindfolded and profess to know how to RX buprenorphine. It's funny that the pharm salespeople who sell the subs have a BS degree in most cases. That is very fitting.

I use the naabt site also and recommend it for finding a dr, but to suggest that people need to use to use subutex or suboxone for ANYTHING like five years is insane. We work with too many people on this site successfully to agree with that. The naabt is promoting subs, not worrying about what five years of sub use does to a patient. They could care less.

I suggest you check out the following link and ask if you have any questions. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Default Day 19

Will this ever end? My HEAD ACHES. Is it my brain? I have no ambition to do anything. I'm so scared I'll never be myself again. I find myself being envoius of all others that have some pep and obviously feel right. I am here at the mall today and I have no ambition to talk to or help anyone. Will my passion and spirit ever return? Should I go to an emergency room? I want to believe I'll be ok but 19 days is a LONG TIME! I have to be out of my house in 2 days...you would die if you could see what I have to do.

Will this ever end? My HEAD ACHES. Is it my brain? I have no ambition to do anything. I'm so scared I'll never be myself again. I find myself being envoius of all others that have some pep and obviously feel right. I am here at the mall today and I have no ambition to talk to or help anyone. Will my passion and spirit ever return? Should I go to an emergency room? I want to believe I'll be ok but 19 days is a LONG TIME! I have to be out of my house in 2 days...you would die if you could see what I have to do.

I can't believe all the people who are doing cold turkeys coming off suboxone. I've been gone all week with computer problems obviously unable to post to you but this sucks. I'm serious I wish you could take a couple little slivers just to get you past this. Cold turkey isn't the way you're supposed to stop suboxone.

Sure you'll feel better after a while. But doing a cold turkey off what you were taking .... well let me say that you still have a ways to go yet. The buprenorphine, the main drug in subs, has such a long half life that this drug can linger for some time. But at the same time it's so simple and painless to taper off the right way.

I'm seldom left with little to say. I just don't understand why so many people are going through this. There is no legitimate reason whatsoever to cold turkey off subs unless they are just taken away from you. Only if you are plain and simply left with NO OPTION is cold turkey acceptable, only when there is literally no other choice. A cold turkey like this can and usually takes weeks, even a month or longer when you cold turkey off a significant dose. I will include you in my prayers. God bless.

Default What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I can't believe all the people who are doing cold turkeys coming off suboxone. I've been gone all week with computer problems obviously unable to post to you but this sucks. I'm serious I wish you could take a couple little slivers just to get you past this. Cold turkey isn't the way you're supposed to stop suboxone.

Sure you'll feel better after a while. But doing a cold turkey off what you were taking .... well let me say that you still have a ways to go yet. The buprenorphine, the main drug in subs, has such a long half life that this drug can linger for some time. But at the same time it's so simple and painless to taper off the right way.

I'm seldom left with little to say. I just don't understand why so many people are going through this. There is no legitimate reason whatsoever to cold turkey off subs unless they are just taken away from you. Only if you are plain and simply left with NO OPTION is cold turkey acceptable, only when there is literally no other choice. A cold turkey like this can and usually takes weeks, even a month or longer when you cold turkey off a significant dose. I will include you in my prayers. God bless.
    If I was able to get more suboxone, what would you have me do? I won't be able o get it until at least Tuesday but this is just soooo bad that I don't know if I continue like this. I was taking 8mg a day when i jumped (2x 4mg daily) So would you just have me slivers until I felt ok?

If I was able to get more suboxone, what would you have me do? I won't be able o get it until at least Tuesday but this is just soooo bad that I don't know if I continue like this. I was taking 8mg a day when i jumped (2x 4mg daily) So would you just have me slivers until I felt ok?

I'm shocked that you can even function at all jumping off at 8mg! I'm surprised you're not bedridden. That's crazy. You've got to be sick as a dog. I would recommend letting me stabilize you at a minimal dose (don't know what it will be until we do it) and then let me taper you down properly. Sounds like everything you have is at stake right now. Don't do this to yourself. You're torturing yourself and it isn't necessary at all. NO WAY that I would EVER do this like you've done it. Check around the forum and you'll see that I've helped two or three people before doing this. I'm serious quit doing this to yourself. God bless.

I'm shocked that you can even function at all jumping off at 8mg! I'm surprised you're not bedridden. That's crazy. You've got to be sick as a dog. I would recommend letting me stabilize you at a minimal dose (don't know what it will be until we do it) and then let me taper you down properly. Sounds like everything you have is at stake right now. Don't do this to yourself. You're torturing yourself and it isn't necessary at all. NO WAY that I would EVER do this like you've done it. Check around the forum and you'll see that I've helped two or three people before doing this. I'm serious quit doing this to yourself. God bless.
    Last night I took some Valerian Root which is touted to promote rest. I believe it worked. I got the best night sleep I've had and I actually feel better today. Make no mistake, I have been soooo sick. But I must be a strong person and if I don't feel any worse than I do today, then chances are I will not go back. It is now day 20. I realize it is going to take more time, but I am eating (or drinking) protein and taking exta multis along with Potassium, Milk Thistle and L-Tyrosine with B-6. These are all supplements recommended by Dr. David Arenson who runs a place in Mesa, AZ. He has e-mailed me a couple of times and he seems very knowledgeable about the nutrional route to wellness for addicts trying to kick. There will NEVER be a NEXT time for me and I really wish I had known more about what I was in for, but that was 20 days ago. I have to believe I am getting better. I will continue to post and if for some reason I decide to see the Dr. and get more becasue I'm bad off I will be looking for your assistance. Thanks a lot Robert. You must be an amazing person.
    sookie3 likes this.

dago77 is offline Senior Member

...Hey ddosher, Ive been following your thread also. Its a pretty good story really. Even though you did things the hard way jumping off at a high dose. You really sound like one of the most determined people I have read about. You dont sound like your giving up thats for sure. I hope things take a good turn for you real soon. You deserve a break! Good luck!

Ryan

Red face Day 21

Quote Originally Posted by dago77 View Post
    ...Hey ddosher, Ive been following your thread also. Its a pretty good story really. Even though you did things the hard way jumping off at a high dose. You really sound like one of the most determined people I have read about. You dont sound like your giving up thats for sure. I hope things take a good turn for you real soon. You deserve a break! Good luck!

Ryan
    No I am not giving up. I feel about the same today, did not get as much sleep but I do think that I may be heading on the downward slope. I am going to continue with the nutrional therapy and just practice as much self love as I can during these next few days. I-ve got all things scheduled for the move although I still have quite a bit of packing to do. After that, I will be researching out-patient programs to get around sobriety and get more one on one support. Just going to meetings helps, but I believe I will benefit greatly with a solid program. I am reaching out to anyone who may have some idea how I get my brain back to working right. My head still aches, like my brain is sick or something and I know the protein will help but is there anything else that can help me re-build my thinking? Thank you so much for your kind words Ryan. God IS doing for me what I cannot do for myself right now. I have a chance and If I have anything to say about it, I will make really good. I will not forget this site though...I will be around to assist in any way I can. I have this experience to share.

Default Day 22

No I am not giving up. I feel about the same today, did not get as much sleep but I do think that I may be heading on the downward slope. I am going to continue with the nutrional therapy and just practice as much self love as I can during these next few days. I-ve got all things scheduled for the move although I still have quite a bit of packing to do. After that, I will be researching out-patient programs to get around sobriety and get more one on one support. Just going to meetings helps, but I believe I will benefit greatly with a solid program. I am reaching out to anyone who may have some idea how I get my brain back to working right. My head still aches, like my brain is sick or something and I know the protein will help but is there anything else that can help me re-build my thinking? Thank you so much for your kind words Ryan. God IS doing for me what I cannot do for myself right now. I have a chance and If I have anything to say about it, I will make really good. I will not forget this site though...I will be around to assist in any way I can. I have this experience to share.

Well I'm still here and the light at the end of the tunnel, though dull and rather far away is surely there. I still have a long way to go, but I am better than I was.What hasn't killed me will only make me stronger, however, I would urge that anyone needing to get off of suboxone do it in the manner prescibed by Robert in these posts. DO NOT jump off of a high dose as I did. Financial constictions forced me to go the way that I did, but please DO NOT do that to yourself. Love yourself more than that. No martyrdom...it would be fruitless. If anyone has any questions about my journey, I'm glad to provide.

Well I'm still here and the light at the end of the tunnel, though dull and rather far away is surely there. I still have a long way to go, but I am better than I was.What hasn't killed me will only make me stronger, however, I would urge that anyone needing to get off of suboxone do it in the manner prescibed by Robert in these posts. DO NOT jump off of a high dose as I did. Financial constictions forced me to go the way that I did, but please DO NOT do that to yourself. Love yourself more than that. No martyrdom...it would be fruitless. If anyone has any questions about my journey, I'm glad to provide.

It is too bad you've had to do this the way it's happened. But quite honestly if I had over twenty days into this detox I would do the same thing you're doing now. I would have just never got myself into the cold-turkey-only situation to start with. I hate that happened to you. That is beside the point now. Now I just hope you get through this with as little pain as possible. Will keep you in my prayers. God bless.

Default Day 23

It is too bad you've had to do this the way it's happened. But quite honestly if I had over twenty days into this detox I would do the same thing you're doing now. I would have just never got myself into the cold-turkey-only situation to start with. I hate that happened to you. That is beside the point now. Now I just hope you get through this with as little pain as possible. Will keep you in my prayers. God bless.
    Make no mistake, I want all to know that in this journey there will be good days and there will be bad days. Today is moving day...it is raining and miserable and I have been at it since early am. The fact that I am basically homeless right now and my significant other and I and my cat are going to have to separate for awhile is working on my brain. I believe this will be temporary but at 53, I just could cry. I am actually the lucky one right now because I'm at the mall store while my honey and family are coordinating the movers etc. I am so ashamed and I have such remorse. The look in my sister's eyes horrifies me. She loves me unconditionally I know but I am just so sorry for being in this position...weak and beat. I know I am very tired right now, I am not getting the best sleep and I am working hard. As soon as I can, I will get to a meeting. I have tried to go on line but it just isn't the same. The full extent of my use has just started to wreak havoc and I have a lot to face. I do want to face it though and I will...one day at a time. Thanks all for being here.

You guys hang in there. It will get better. I'm about to leave town and will be in the air for the evening. I'll be back on tomorrrow. You all take care. God bless.

dago77 is offline Senior Member

..Hey ddosher, again id like to add that you are a real trooper! I know with the financial struggle, and the horrible w/d you have went through, your gonna make it! Im in Michigan and probally 15 out of 20 houses here on the market are forclosures. These are tough times for everyone as far as that goes. You sound pretty tough ddosher, im sure your gonna be fine! I hope you get well soon!

Ryan

Default Day 25

Quote Originally Posted by dago77 View Post
    ..Hey ddosher, again id like to add that you are a real trooper! I know with the financial struggle, and the horrible w/d you have went through, your gonna make it! Im in Michigan and probally 15 out of 20 houses here on the market are forclosures. These are tough times for everyone as far as that goes. You sound pretty tough ddosher, im sure your gonna be fine! I hope you get well soon!

Ryan
    Thanks Ryan for your kind words. For whatever reason my body has a slow reaction to getting well, this is truly a journey and today I believe I will be myself someday soon.My head still aches and I still have very little or no energy to do anything but do it I am. I'm forcing myself and the other thing I'm finding is that I feel better as the day goes on. Last night I hardly slept because I'm in another place and over and above my insomnia I'm gonna have to get used to it. I listen to Joey Reynolds and sometimes I feel like I'm at a meeting because he talks about getting real, getting honest and recovery a lot. He has been in recovery for years. So, today is better than yesterday and I'm staying in the moment and not worried about tomorrow. Thanks for the support everyone and if there are any questions, I'm happy to support.

Default Day 26

Thanks Ryan for your kind words. For whatever reason my body has a slow reaction to getting well, this is truly a journey and today I believe I will be myself someday soon.My head still aches and I still have very little or no energy to do anything but do it I am. I'm forcing myself and the other thing I'm finding is that I feel better as the day goes on. Last night I hardly slept because I'm in another place and over and above my insomnia I'm gonna have to get used to it. I listen to Joey Reynolds and sometimes I feel like I'm at a meeting because he talks about getting real, getting honest and recovery a lot. He has been in recovery for years. So, today is better than yesterday and I'm staying in the moment and not worried about tomorrow. Thanks for the support everyone and if there are any questions, I'm happy to support.
    And I am literally counting the days to 40. I'm really hoping that it will be somewhat of a milestone for me in my recovery from Suboxone withdrawal. Today I think it's a better one. I slept on and off last night which is always positive. I plan on hitting a meeting this morning to set presidence for my day. I have a ton to do and the good news is that I (almost) feel like doing it. I have to take it slow and easy though, self love and patience with myself (no excuses). Thanks all for the support. I really appreciate it.

Default Day 33

And I am literally counting the days to 40. I'm really hoping that it will be somewhat of a milestone for me in my recovery from Suboxone withdrawal. Today I think it's a better one. I slept on and off last night which is always positive. I plan on hitting a meeting this morning to set presidence for my day. I have a ton to do and the good news is that I (almost) feel like doing it. I have to take it slow and easy though, self love and patience with myself (no excuses). Thanks all for the support. I really appreciate it.
    Well, it is day 33 and I am at work at the Mall. It is Easter Saturday and this day (this weekend actually) is always a reflective time for me. One of my best friends committed suicide on Easter Saturday and that is something you just never get over. I still have her on my telephone list to call. I miss her a lot. Sometimes I dream about her (not frequently) and whenever I do she is always running from me....she does not want to know or talk to me. Wonder what that is all about...in my mind she just doesn't want to have to explain her actions to me. Anyway, I started this day with a massage and even though I CANNOT afford it, I had an appointment to do framing for the therapist and I figured I couldn't afford not to. I should not have waited so long. I do feel "more" normal, just still not myself. I am still suffering diarea, bad headache, insomnia. Sometimes I feel if I could just poke my eyes out, it would relieve the head pounding. I have split my dose of fluoxetine in half (now take 20mg) per advice from Dr. David Arenson but am taking L-Tyrosine. In another week I will be off the fluoxetine and the only med I will be taking is Synthroid for my thyroid and Claritin for my allergies. It feels good to be almost drug free. I definately need to go to square 1 before I can decide who I am and how I feel and what is the best coarse of action for me. I need hope, which means I need to get my levels correct, but until all is clear how do I know what my baseline is? I don't.
    For all those people out there that are in the throes of addiction or withdrawal, I am praying for you. You are not alone. I wish you Robert_325 and Melanie 7.5 a very Happy Easter and I thank everyone here for supporting me during one of the most traumatic and difficult periods of my life.
    Donna

Anonymous Guest

Hi ddosher
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend...
    The thing I think is strange about us pill heads is we can spend thousands on drugs,but when it comes to taking care of ourselves we don't want to spend any money...did you ever notice that...
    I have insurance and it only cost me 20 bucks to see a counsler...and it was like forget that...how silly was that...
    hope you have a great Easter..

Default How long and why isn't this talked about here

Hi ddosher
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend...
    The thing I think is strange about us pill heads is we can spend thousands on drugs,but when it comes to taking care of ourselves we don't want to spend any money...did you ever notice that...
    I have insurance and it only cost me 20 bucks to see a counsler...and it was like forget that...how silly was that...
    hope you have a great Easter..
    Question-What is PAWS (rebound)?
    Answer- Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) is a set of impairments that occur immediately after withdrawal from alcohol or other substances. The condition lasts from six to eighteen months after the last use and is marked by a fluctuating but incrementally improving course.

I just found the following question and answer about PAWS on another forum. How come we don't talk about this here?...at least I haven't seen anything? This is saying it could ake me up to 2 years to feel any better....like I want in on life and I HONESTLY don't think I can live like this for 2 years. Is there anything that would help me? OMG...that seems like the end of my life.

PAWS/Rebound-Many substances can cause rebound effects (significant return of the original symptom in absence of the original cause) when discontinued, regardless of their tendency to cause other withdrawal symptoms.. Occasionally light users of opiates that would otherwise not experience much in the way of withdrawals will notice some rebound depression as well. Extended use of drugs that increase the amount of serotonin or other neurotransmitters in the brain (opioids including buprenorphine) can cause some receptors to 'turn off' temporarily or become desensitized, so, when the amount of the neurotransmitter available in the synapse returns to an otherwise normal state after wd's, there are still fewer receptors to attach to, causing feelings of depression/fatigue until the brain re-adjusts (Receptors turn on again).

Buprenorphine PAWS/rebound seem to differ a bit from the typical/textbook definition of PAWS. The lingering effects from bup/sub seem to be more of fatigue, lack of motivation, or lack of energy that slowly restores over the course of months. Sometimes you feel ok, and a week later you will feel ********py again. Its VERY frustrating and unpredictable, and its almost impossible to gauge improvement on a day to day basis, some entire weeks/months are better than others. One thing that does appear to hold some validity, the longer you were on sub, the longer the PAWS will last. I would not state that you are feeling depression initially. However, feeling exausted, fatigued, and lazy for months is certainly a cause for depression all on its own.

Question- What can I take to reduce PAWS?
    Answer- There are many supplements you can take to increase neurotransmitter production, but without many active or desensitized receptor sites there is no way to produce the proper balance of endorphins (dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine) naturally to get absorbed by enough receptors to feel good. Time seems to be the best way to combat PAWS, and that is the most frustrating part of the whole ordeal

Donna ... I have been explaining PAWS on here for years. I just haven't discussed it over the last month or so.

I've suffered from PAWS personally and it usually happens at like 60 or 90 day intervals after we get clean. It doesn't always happen and the odds are against it. It doesn't happen to everyone. Relax and don't anticipate the worst.

The good thing is that PAWS will always go away if we don't use and it doesn't happen very often. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Donna
    If you do a search on paws on this site you will find it allot of information on it...
    I just don't think it has come up lately...But don't worry about that...just stay clean and I'm sure you will be just fine...
    things may come up from time to time but it wont be anything you can't handle.you probably wont even have it.

Default I believe I have PAWS

Donna ... I have been explaining PAWS on here for years. I just haven't discussed it over the last month or so.

I've suffered from PAWS personally and it usually happens at like 60 or 90 day intervals after we get clean. It doesn't always happen and the odds are against it. It doesn't happen to everyone. Relax and don't anticipate the worst.

The good thing is that PAWS will always go away if we don't use and it doesn't happen very often. God bless.
    Based on the posts here, I do believe that after 34 days, this is what I am experiencing. My head ACHES constantly...I have no ambition at all...this is what is killing me the most...I have sooooo much to do and just no ambition or will to do it. It actually feels like my brain is in pain! Believe me when I tell you, I have no desire to use except to say if I had 1/2 of a hydro right now I probably would do it just for all these rotten symptoms to GO AWAY! There is nothing worse than having a headache and feeling listless and tired all day long and then not being able to sleep! I have a business to run. My significant other who has been pitch hitting for me just got called back to work so I AM IT!!! I'm scared.

Based on the posts here, I do believe that after 34 days, this is what I am experiencing. My head ACHES constantly...I have no ambition at all...this is what is killing me the most...I have sooooo much to do and just no ambition or will to do it. It actually feels like my brain is in pain! Believe me when I tell you, I have no desire to use except to say if I had 1/2 of a hydro right now I probably would do it just for all these rotten symptoms to GO AWAY! There is nothing worse than having a headache and feeling listless and tired all day long and then not being able to sleep! I have a business to run. My significant other who has been pitch hitting for me just got called back to work so I AM IT!!! I'm scared.

Donna ... relax!! You are NOT in PAWS. I've been there and you haven't even got past your original detox from the suboxone yet. You had to jump off at a ridiculously high dose from taking it for an extended amount of time. We've talked about this so many times. I understand your desperation. I really do but don't talk yourself into this on top of still dealing with the sub detox. Jumping off from where you did it is a guarantee for feeling like road kill for better than a month. It's going to get better I promise. Just hang in there. You only have to do this ONE time. You're in my prayers. God bless.

Default You're a doll

Donna ... relax!! You are NOT in PAWS. I've been there and you haven't even got past your original detox from the suboxone yet. You had to jump off at a ridiculously high dose from taking it for an extended amount of time. We've talked about this so many times. I understand your desperation. I really do but don't talk yourself into this on top of still dealing with the sub detox. Jumping off from where you did it is a guarantee for feeling like road kill for better than a month. It's going to get better I promise. Just hang in there. You only have to do this ONE time. You're in my prayers. God bless.
    It's literally one minute at a time. I;ll try to relax...thanks for your patience and your prayers. you have mine too.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast