Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
    pimpsnizzle420 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Skip your sub dose one day, then take your .25mg dose. Skip two days and then take a dose again. Skip three days then take your dose again. Skip four days and then you should be able to stop with NO problems. This is how I advise everyone to do this.

Keep me posted how you do. God bless.
    robert, i have read your method about reducing the dose by 25% every 4 days lacking withdrawal symptoms. it sounds like a very good well-thought out method and i am eager to try it, as i am experiences bad withdrawal symptoms like so many others. but which is better? the 4 day method, or the method you just described, by taking the dose every other day, then every 2 days, etc? i have 8mg suboxone which i have been cutting into six peices at 1.33 mg each piece. i want to try to taper by your method but it will be very difficult cutting these small pieces any smaller! any suggestions? help me be free from these things already i want to feel strong and healthy and normal. also before i tired this attempt to quit taking subs, i was taking my litle 1.33 mg pieces every 3rd day for about a week and a half, and still am experiencing horrible w/d symptoms! what would be your smallest recommended dose before trying to do without? remember it is difficult dosing in such small increments when working with the 8mg pills. you seem extrememly knowledgeable on the subject and trust your advice.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by pimpsnizzle420 View Post
    robert, i have read your method about reducing the dose by 25% every 4 days lacking withdrawal symptoms. it sounds like a very good well-thought out method and i am eager to try it, as i am experiences bad withdrawal symptoms like so many others. but which is better? the 4 day method, or the method you just described, by taking the dose every other day, then every 2 days, etc? i have 8mg suboxone which i have been cutting into six peices at 1.33 mg each piece. i want to try to taper by your method but it will be very difficult cutting these small pieces any smaller! any suggestions? help me be free from these things already i want to feel strong and healthy and normal. also before i tired this attempt to quit taking subs, i was taking my litle 1.33 mg pieces every 3rd day for about a week and a half, and still am experiencing horrible w/d symptoms! what would be your smallest recommended dose before trying to do without? remember it is difficult dosing in such small increments when working with the 8mg pills. you seem extrememly knowledgeable on the subject and trust your advice.

You haven't tapered down enough yet my friend. You need to continue to reduce by 25% every four days without w/d symptoms. You first need to get stable again as you're suffering w/d right now.

I would suggest you take enough to fell okay. 1.33mg is TOO much to stop at. You should take 1.5mg and settle yourself down first. Then I'll work with you online here and we can taper you down properly.

Don't worry about getting to the right dose cutting the 8mg pills. At the end like you are now take a 2mg piece (1/4 pill) and just crush it to powder. Divide it into four .5mg piles. Then you can easily divide those as necessary to reach any dose very easily. Put your dose on a sharply creased piece of paper and pour it under your tongue. That will work perfectly I promise.

Off to dr myself this morning. I'll be back later this morning. God bless.

bev49 is offline Banned

1-1/3 mg. is not a low dose whatsoever. This stuff is super strong. In other countries they actually give it at doses as low as .2 mg and its still addictive. I think people think because they don't "feel" anything, they don't have alot in their system. This drug is different from your average opiate. You don't feel it but its there and its powerful. Do what Robert says and get way down below 1 mg. before skipping days and stopping. I'm taking .75 - .50 per day and still not done tapering to smaller doses.

alex107 is offline New Member

Default Stay On Suboxone

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/Hey man staying in it longer will benefit you! You prolly feel sick because your mixing vicoden and suboxone but i have been on it for about a year and its great, I abused every type narcotic pain pill and all day long and was prescribed it. My best words are stay on it man! And it will help with the pain.

orenm is offline New Member

Default Coming Off Suboxone

I was addicted to pain killers for about 5 years. Then went onto 16mg of Suboxone. Started getting severe migraines from as a result of a back surgery(go figure). Went onto 70mg of Methadone to help with pain and keep off pain meds. Went from 70 to 35mg of Meth instantly(no withdrawal symptoms) Then slowly weaned down to 20 mg of Methadone(also no withdrawal)and onto 8mg of Suboxone. Slowly weened off every week by half to 2mg(No Withdrawal) then stopped completely 3 days ago.

Here's what I felt and feel.

Night 1 - No Sleep, Restless leg, sneezing 3 times at a time every 10 minutes, cramps, nausea and diarrhea . This is after taking catapres to help with the cramps and only fell asleep at 4:30am.

Day and night 2 - Same as night 1 but slightly less and started feeling clammy.

Day 3 - Clamming, anxious, jittery. Lets see what tonight brings.

I have done a rapid detox from suboxone before and it was the worst 3 days of my life.

Anyway, I have come to realise physically what is happening and maybe this may help others. The effects that you experience from coming off most substances is not from the substance itself. The cravings are, but not the feelings people call withdrawal feelings. Those feelings are for another reason. When one takes any substance the body naturally produces some type of like substance itself. For instance morphine, the brain produces its own morphine to use at different times when needed. Steroids etc. The problem is when you use a substance like an opiate the body stops producing its own chemicals and once you get off it after a prolonged time it takes the body time to realize it now has to start producing it again. That is why there is no substitute to go through those feelings. It just takes time. Some people its days others weeks and unfortunately like myself months. Stick with it, it does get easier and easier each day.

Best of luck and I will keep you updated on my progress.

BTW Catapres does help some with the cramps, but it does dry you out.

/ORENW

David05 is offline Junior Member

I saw Seroquel mentioned.....UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO THERAPY DO NOT STAY ON SEROQUEL!! I LOST MY FATHER TO SUICIDE AND HE WAS ON BUSPAR AND SEROQUEL! I SUGGEST YOU DO A TON OF RESEARCH ON THIS DRUG BEFORE YOU GET SERIOUS ON IT!

Anyways...back to suboxone

I am very near the end of my Suboxone treatment (About a 5 month process, and have always been lowering my dosage). I only needed a full suboxone twice a day for 4 days. Then half (4mg) in the morn and half (4mg) at night, for about a week. At this point...it is on you to see how much you can cut and still function and be comfortable. You do not need to feel GREAT..that will come with time.

My suggestion to you is that you ALWAYS continue to take less and less. Sub has a three day half life (That means you still "feel" the sub on friday, that you took on Tuesday)

Because of this...it is best to reduce your dosages every 4 days.

How much are you taking now? Probably way to much...

These people say take 16 mg OR even 24MG a day are WRONG.

If you have been on them for over a week or 2, you should be atleast down to 8mg a day.

The "high" goes away, the urges will go away, and before you know it...you take your sub in the morning and at night and you never even think about it throughout the day.

You definetly found the right forum. This forum helped me a TON. but make sure you get info from the right people, and every1 is different.

--I am not a Doctor. I am a former user of Roxycontin. I am a 23 year old male and anyone else in a similar situation feel free to contact me. I, like Robert, would like to help all of you.

I know this is a bad problem and most of us have no one to turn to.

diamez is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Banze View Post
    Well now my shrink has me on Seroquel, I think hes crazy! That is a drug for synorfornizia (SP) and bipolar disorder which I have neither, or have not been diganosed with either. I have had anxiety since Detox and he first put me on Buspar which didnt work and now he put me on this. I took one and it knocked me into next week, I got all groggy, spacey and totally out of it and slept like a log. He wants me to take it twice a day, how am I supposed to work? Does anyone have any idea why he put me on this? He said it was an anxiety medication but once I got home and looked it up and foudn out its for mania, bipolar and skzos I am kinda freaked out. Either he has no idea what he is doing or he is lying to me, but either way I am not pleased and am afraid of the medication. I am trying to stay off pills and he wont give me Xanax, but he he puts me on this, what is the deal? Any help??? Please, I am NOT or have never had any of these symptoms and it concerns me that my doctor has me on this medication.
    I think xanax is the best strongest relaxent drug depeeding to how much you take to get off these with drawal methodone/subutex/suboine etc.
    Iam going that way its just in my erea hard to get a 5 days worth which will be long enough to take me off methodone?

Didthattoo is offline New Member

Default How to get off suboxone w/o killwithdrawals

Yes you read that right and it seems like NO ONE KNOWS. So here it is. Larger doses of Clonidine (NOT KLONIPIN Xanax) -you need both the PATCH AND the pills. It's a blood pressure med and will STOP the hell and you will feel like sleeping but no hell and NO PROBLEMS getting off Clonidine (I did it at home several times now). I came off Suboxone both ways and DEFINITELY prefer the second (first was with some other drugs that didn't work well and was still hell). The only drawback is that you have a way out now and well, I started using again because I knew I could cheat now and get out of the cycle. -Good Luck.
    If you want to do it right see Dr. Degner in Houston (the PARC facility), or get your doc to give you the patch and the pill (I won't say doses so you GO TO YOUR DOC, but it's a standard patch and tablet (you only need one or two)! -or see Degner!)

njones0623 is offline New Member

Unhappy Suboxone BS

OMG, take it from a mom whose son is on suboxone for a whole year!! The dr. is getting rich, the drug company is getting rich, you need to go off it! You need to use restraint with Xanax too, but you will need it to go off. my son is so addicted to Subs that it just infuriates me that we/he has spent over 10K in 1 yr and 1/2. The dr. keeps upping his dose. Go off it, don't go any further; the drs. are liars!! You are replacing one drug with another. Now we need Suboxone meetings for all the people who are addicted to them, and we don't even know what harm they do! Its a new drug.

Good Luck, God Bless..

NJ

There is nothing wrong with using suboxone when it's used properly. Unfortunately not everyone prescribes it properly or tapers the patient off in a timely manner. That is not the fault of the medication.

Lots of people get addicted to all kinds of different medications. They aren't all bad meds, though the results using them can be bad when done improperly. You just got a flake dr and should have backed off way before spending $10K. I understand your anger but it's misplaced against the medication instead of the dr.

Buprenorphine is hardly a new drug. It's been used for many years in other countries, since 2003 in the United States. And it's saved a LOT of lives. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-10-2009 at 06:27 PM.

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

Dear Ms/Mr Jones, If the doctor is increasing your son's dose more than a year after starting treatment, the doctor is a jackaxx. First of all, in most cases, he should be off sub totally by now. Second of all, there is a very specific way of doing sub that works for the majority of people. It includes starting at the lowest possible dose and then decreasing (not increasing) the dose little by little within a certain time frame, depending on the individual, until you are totally off. It is supposed to be relatively pain free if done properly. (It can also unfortunately be abused, like many other "good" meds which causes its own problems
    I definitely agree about docs and pharma companies getting rich off of us and that is a sin but you can't say everyone should run for the hills away from sub when it's proven to have worked for so many. People need to do research before starting on anything new. Most of us trust a doctor blindly and don't. I didn't and suffered for it but we can't blame the drug.

Dear Robert, I didn't mean to post over your post. We said some of the same exact things. We posted within minutes of each other and I didn't see your's when I hit enter. I was just responding to NJones. No harm was meant. You said it all. I would have left it alone if I'd seen your post there. Sorry.

Anonymous Guest

yeh in australia, i was offered buprenorphine back in 01 and i refused, 1 coz i didn't know anything about it, and 2 i thought i was over the worst of my methadone withdrawls. i was very wrong.
    never mind, just mentioning its been around for a long time. very new here in nz tho.

I never even heard of sub til a year ago. I think where I am they sort of kept quiet about it to keep the methadone money machine moving along. The secret is only now starting to get out.

Anonymous Guest

and here in nz, over 15 years ago there used to be the .4mg doses, which were called temgesics. i was a bit young for them. we cant get them now. bummer, as that would do me fine for the end of my taper.
    good luck to all.

why did they stop the temgesics? Do you know, cheeky? That would be the absolute best instead of people having so much trouble cutting and mashing. Because stupid docs will telll you to quit at 2 mg. Stupid Stupd. Those temgesics would be perfect for the end.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    and here in nz, over 15 years ago there used to be the .4mg doses, which were called temgesics. i was a bit young for them. we cant get them now. bummer, as that would do me fine for the end of my taper.
    good luck to all.

Countries need to share medical information. I know that France still has the .2mg and .4mg doses. I think Spain and a few other European countries have them.

In freakin Canada you can hardly get your hands on subs period, even though their socialized healthcare system approved subs in 2007. In the USA it's only in 2mg and 8mg doses.

Drug approval agencies for different countries need to wake up to what they are doing to people, makes no sense whatsoever the way they do things. It's only the patients that suffer and end up worse off than when they were abusing RX opiates. It's the governments, not the drug, that are screwing up people.

Those .2mg and .4mg doses are why I was recently able to induct a guy from France on 1.2mg. He took one .4mg pill every 90 minutes and after three doses he was fine. He thought a 2mg or 8mg pill was insane. Wonder why? LOL God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-12-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Anonymous Guest

ah hah, ive just googled temgesic, and see it was removed from our markets in the 80's, it was like subutex i guess, no naloxone, ive heard stories of people older than me using it. (iv) so i guess thats why it was taken off the market, and now we can only get suboxone here, no subutex no way.

there is still temgesic in injection form, which is restricted to hospitals and vets apparently. but no longer the .2 or .4 sublingual tabs. what a shame ay.
    now its either methadone or suboxone, methadone is free (on a program) and i have paid for my suboxone (still on a program), but its still cheaper than a street habit..

lots of people would be put off subs here as it is not subsidized, the old temgesics used to be. i guess to many oldies abused it, so now we miss out.
    bummer.

People abuse alot of drugs and they arent taken off the market if they have a good use. I mean, morphine, oxy, benzos, all abusable drugs would be gone, God Forbid. Even the subs we have now, the 2s and 8s are abused by some. I think Robert is very correct in saying the gov't screws us every day with stupid rules. They look at the bottom line or they just don't look at anything. I personally would do anything to get my hands on .2 subs that could then be broken into smaller pieces. It doesn't seem fair.

omg DONT DO IT is offline New Member

i know this is an old post but some may read it to see if there is any help for this suboxone thing. First off I was taking almost 300mg of oxycodone a day. I started taking these things just to get high(wich is stupid). At first maybe 2 or 3 a day then up to 10 within a few weeks. I had to take that many just to feel ok...i didnt get the high anymore. Then i found what I thought was going to be a mirical drug...SUBOXONE. Yes i felt great after about 3 days of taking 1 8mg tab a day because that was all I could afford. ( the oxys were precribed to me by a doc and I had no real reason to be on them so my insurance covered them.....i wanted to get off them because i didnt like to be dependant on a pill everyday) so i went to a different doc and got subs. He told me that they would help with withdraws..and that there is little to none withdraws from subs. I am here to tell you now that he was wrong!!!!!! Sub has a half life and w/d last twice as long as oxys. They are not as intense but they last longer and will mentally mess with you because of the length of time it takes to get it out of your system! My advice is that if you want off the pills...take the subs for only 3 to 5 days, and dont take more than 1 a day. My g/f is comming off subs as we speak and she is miserable!!!!! you have a restlessness feeling all over, vommiting alot, sweating and cold chills at the same time, and did i mention restlessness...that is the worse!!!!!!! Anyways take subs only as long as you have to, to keep from w/d from oxys or what ever your pill of choice was. It was far worse to w/d from sub because of the length of time it takes. So please dont let those docs that are just out to make money off of you or your insurance tell you any different (im sure they have not had to w/d from it). Also the docs do get kickbacks from drug companys for prescribing this stuff, keep this in mind. They do not know the long term effects from the subs...hope this helps some of you out there...Just remember stay strong and when its over you will have your life back...

There are a lot of medications with potential for dependency or abuse. It's when the subs are not taken properly that they're a negative. If they're used in the right manner subs are a worthwhile medication and a great way for some people to stop opiate abuse. It's the drug company salespeople, or some money hungry drs that give subs a bad name. There is NOTHING wrong with subs themselves. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by omg DONT DO IT View Post
    i know this is an old post but some may read it to see if there is any help for this suboxone thing. First off I was taking almost 300mg of oxycodone a day. I started taking these things just to get high(wich is stupid). At first maybe 2 or 3 a day then up to 10 within a few weeks. I had to take that many just to feel ok...i didnt get the high anymore. Then i found what I thought was going to be a mirical drug...SUBOXONE. Yes i felt great after about 3 days of taking 1 8mg tab a day because that was all I could afford. ( the oxys were precribed to me by a doc and I had no real reason to be on them so my insurance covered them.....i wanted to get off them because i didnt like to be dependant on a pill everyday) so i went to a different doc and got subs. He told me that they would help with withdraws..and that there is little to none withdraws from subs. I am here to tell you now that he was wrong!!!!!! Sub has a half life and w/d last twice as long as oxys. They are not as intense but they last longer and will mentally mess with you because of the length of time it takes to get it out of your system! My advice is that if you want off the pills...take the subs for only 3 to 5 days, and dont take more than 1 a day. My g/f is comming off subs as we speak and she is miserable!!!!! you have a restlessness feeling all over, vommiting alot, sweating and cold chills at the same time, and did i mention restlessness...that is the worse!!!!!!! Anyways take subs only as long as you have to, to keep from w/d from oxys or what ever your pill of choice was. It was far worse to w/d from sub because of the length of time it takes. So please dont let those docs that are just out to make money off of you or your insurance tell you any different (im sure they have not had to w/d from it). Also the docs do get kickbacks from drug companys for prescribing this stuff, keep this in mind. They do not know the long term effects from the subs...hope this helps some of you out there...Just remember stay strong and when its over you will have your life back...
    this post may be old, but its current pal. sounds like you were taking subs firstly for the high, which you WONT get, and secondly you are supposed to taper down slowly, my guess is the both of you jumped off subs at some ridiculously high dose.
    ive been on them for 5 months, started on 12mg, i am now on .25 of a mg.
    i think before you diss something, you should let us know how you used them, improperly by the sounds of it.
    so two different opinions,
    SUBS ARE A VERY GOOD TOOL TO GET OFF LONG TERM METHADONE.

i vote for subs.
    cheeky

sounds to me like you both jumped off at 8mg. which is silly.

DaveMacV is offline New Member

Exclamation Weening off subs

Hi all. Subs are definately sickly strong. Bupenorphine (the main ingredient) is listed as being 25-40 times stonger then morphine. -You can check that on the net. I have two very herniated discs and a complete thikness tear rotator cuff. I have tried jumping off of 2 mg. doses of subs after taking one every other day for six days. After 3 days I thought I was all set. On day 4-5 my blood pressure was 165/96 with a heart rate of 86 bpm , cold sweats on severe nausea. The people who are still taking .25 mg doses do know what they are doing. I am now in day 5 and have had a few 5 mg oxycodones that I have been taking but am now out of. This time I was taking 1 mg a day. I wish I had read these post before or I would have tapered more. I have a pretty good doc but the truth is that they really do not know much at all about this drug. I have a doc that mostly listens and am coming off them at my own request. Hopefully if I need a few more he will help me . Worst case scenario I could probably get them off the street. Remember 25-40 x stonger than morphine!!! My prayers for all who are fighting the good fight. Peace -David

David ...... You need to taper your dose by 25% every four days. Once you taper down to between .25mg - .5mg you can begin the day skipping process.

You take .25mg one day then skip a day entirely, then take .25mg, then skip two days. Then take .25mg, then skip three days. Then take .25mg, then skip four days.

This is a painless, incident-free way to stop using the subs properly. I've been doing this for years here and this is the best way to come off the subs.

Follow these instructions and you won't have any problems. God bless.

Misty119 is offline New Member

Hello,

I am new to the forum and have some questions I am hoping someone can help me.
    I previously was taking Norco 10-325 approx 8 per day on and off for about 3-4 years.
    I realized I needed to get off this medication as my neck pain had subsided. I went to the Kaiser addiction Center and they gave me suboxone for about 21 days, but in reading the post I believe they tapered me off incorrectly and now my body is acting up bad. They had me on 1mg and said I could stop, needless to say I started having bad withdrawls and on top of that I threw my lower back out while lifting. On day 5 of being of suboxone I ended up taking Darvocet (4 pills) over two days because my lower back was killing me then realized that was not a smart choice, now I am on day 4 of being completely off any opiates however I am taking flexerall for my lower back pain and clonodine. I am still having withdrawls and running to the bathroom frequently having anxiety etc. I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions in getting through this process, do you know how long this withdrawl process will take? If anyone has any suggestions, tips please let me know I am very desperate

thanks

intelmetal is offline Senior Member

Default Suboxone Withdrawal

Misty119, I think it is great that you are getting off of the opiates. Be proud of your self for that. First of all, they should not have put you on suboxone for the hydro addiction, you could have been done already doing cold turkey with the help of the Thomas recipe. But we are where we are, and I can tell you from experience that you are looking at approx. 13 days of physical symptoms from your last opiate use. The Darvocet may not have set you back as much as you think though. It is relatively weak and has a short half life. You MUST take a good multi vitamin everyday w/ food. Try to double up by taking 1 with breakfast and 1 with dinner. You Must exercise if you are able to, this will produce your own endorphins and speed up your recovery.
    If you experience sneezing attacks, try Advil cold & sinus, but first check with your doctor or other health care professional of your choosing. It helped me a lot. If you like really HOT peppers, try sucking on a dried habanero pepper or add some habanero sauce to your favorite dish. This will also jump start your endorphin production. Hot baths before bed help with sleep issues. Also try and make your sleeping quarters as comfy as possible ( dark and quiet ). If you get the yawns like I did, try taking a few deep breaths through the mouth and exhale slowly through the nose. Do this about 5-6 times in a row and the yawns should go away.
    I have found that after day 9 off of subs that there is improvement on days 10,11,12, & 13. The key is to get past 13 days ! At that point it is all up to you, and is very doable. You should feel much better in a couple of weeks if you don't use.
    Good Luck !
    Steve

P.S. Happy Clean New Year !

Misty119 is offline New Member

Thanks for the tips Steve I really appreciate it!!!!
    And I am excited to be clean and sober in 2010!!!
    Misty

sweetlips102506 is offline New Member

Default tapering off subs

i am currently on 8mg of subs was on subutex for the last nine months because i was pregnant i stopped them for 2 weeks because i was wearing a fentanyl patch only thing that helped with the pain from my c-section wheni finally took the patch off i was so sick so i started back on 8mgs of suboxone this time. i did get my self down to 4mgs but then went back up because i felt like ******** at night. i threw half my subs out and only have like 10 left can somone help me taper off these so i dont get sick i dont wanna be on these anymore and i cant be sick taking care of a newborn i am desperate.

Anonymous Guest

if you only have 10 left, i would make sure to only take 4mg for a day or two, taper by 25% every 4 days. i dont know if you have enough.
    if you go to the forum called featured drugs, and the second thread, (sticky) has how you should taper off subs. its called suboxone/subutex therapy.
    if you go too quick you will set yourself up again to possibly fail. i would check out that thread, and do some calculating and see if that amount will do.

good luck
    cheeky

sweetlips102506 is offline New Member

im just afraid if i go from 8mgs to 4mgs right away ill get sick is there anything i can take to help with the withdrawals

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast