Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Want off Suboxone
    Anonymous Guest

yes its called the thomas recipe. i think its on google. otherwise its here on the forum somewhere.
    hey did you read that thing i said might be good to read. the suboxone therapy one.?
    if you take your subs properly, and taper slowly, there are no withdrawls.

i am currently on .25mg of sub. i have taken 5 months to taper down from 12mg to this dose.
    it is possible, i just dont think you should rush into it and go fast. that way you will have time to adjust for each dose drop. i took way longer than the 4 days on each dose, but im stubborn, (and maybe silly) but for me it worked.
    so far so good.

good luck
    cheeky

sweetlips102506 is offline New Member

well im gonna try taking 4mg today and see how i feel but i usually dont feel good by the end of the day thats wheni usually take the other 4mgs. im so sick of these damn pills i just wanna be free from them i was stuipid for even getting on them i only had a 10 a day lortab habit for about a year and they were prescribed to me because i have sciatica in my back. i would stop cold turkey with these damn subs but i have a 1 month old to take care of

tired2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlips102506 View Post
    well im gonna try taking 4mg today and see how i feel but i usually dont feel good by the end of the day thats wheni usually take the other 4mgs. im so sick of these damn pills i just wanna be free from them i was stuipid for even getting on them i only had a 10 a day lortab habit for about a year and they were prescribed to me because i have sciatica in my back. i would stop cold turkey with these damn subs but i have a 1 month old to take care of
    Hi sweet,
    Your perc habit was pretty low, I'm not surprised that you were put on to high a dose of subs and have been on them for nine months.I was put on 16 mgs and got down to 4mgs relativly fast.My total taper took 3 months of tapering every three days.However I do not recommend tapering every three days but it can be done.I know you only have 10 pillls, is there any way you could get more??It would be better to taper to 6mg for four days then taper to 4.5mgs and continue tapering 25% till you get to .5 or .25 then you would start skipping one day dose,skip two days dose,skip three days dose and once you get past four days you are done!!This would be the least symtomatc way of getting off subs especially since you have a baby to take care off.
    Take care,
    Pam

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlips102506 View Post

sweetlips ..... the instructions from Pam about reducing 25% of your existing dose every four days has been working here prerry much incident-free for the most part. Some people have a little body pain, headache, depression ..... kinds of things you can treat with Ibuprofen for body pain, excedrin migraine for a headache, nothing you can't handle on your own if you follow the instrctions for what is suggested in the following link. We've used it for years here.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Let us know if you need direction or support. God bless.

sweetlips102506 is offline New Member

thank you guys for all your help well ive been taking 6mgs for the past 2 days and feel ok. ill keep you guys posted. one more ? have any of you guys used clonidine for wd's and is it safe??

xxhelzxx is offline Member

Hey Bert. Hope life has been good to you. Im still out here spreading chaos Yea reducing 25% does work very good, you will have a little disconfort but what do you expect? the taper just makes it so small that you are able to cope with it, its not to bad you just have to push yourself a bit. I followed Roberts taper all the way down to .25 a day. when it was times to start skipping days I jumped. felt like I had a slight cold for about a week and I was done. and that was coming off of 14 hydros a day for years. I hope everyone has the will do follow Roberts plan because it works, I thank my lucky charms everyday for finding this man

Quote Originally Posted by xxhelzxx View Post
    Hey Bert. Hope life has been good to you. Im still out here spreading chaos Yea reducing 25% does work very good, you will have a little disconfort but what do you expect? the taper just makes it so small that you are able to cope with it, its not to bad you just have to push yourself a bit. I followed Roberts taper all the way down to .25 a day. when it was times to start skipping days I jumped. felt like I had a slight cold for about a week and I was done. and that was coming off of 14 hydros a day for years. I hope everyone has the will do follow Roberts plan because it works, I thank my lucky charms everyday for finding this man

Hey helz .... good to hear from you. I got sick and had a freakin blood clot right before Christmas but I'm recovering okay. Joining a health club and going to start working out again this week. Stay in touch. We'll all have to get together next time Melinda and I are in TX. Later dude! Hope you guys have a great year! God bless.

costabrava is offline New Member

Arrow

To didthattoo The whole idea is to stop not to post well i know i can use and get away with it, stop or flop, and thats the END !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-05-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: tried responding to a post that was off color

Talking subs end preperation

Any person who wants off subs should be able to look at this forum gather info and be strong and work. Most people will work to get drugs now the strong will work 2 to 5 times that to stop and stay CLEAN !!!!!!!!! Iam almost off the subs after 5 to 6 years of total oxy abuse 10 to 14 80s per day . Iam proof that we can fight the good fight wih determination, information and faith as well as support, try to find suppor any and ever where. Kool Breeze
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-05-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: spelling ooops

I have a question I have been weening from 4mgs of subs down to 2mgs and my last 4mg dose was in the end of December now it is the end well 3rd week of January. Still feel kind of nastey in the am. I take my subs in the morning and it takes a while to feel ok, maybee 1 hour. I have no idea why it has this lingering feeling , does exercise in the am help ????? or is this just part of what you go thruogh i did not feel thhis when I went from 8mgs to 6mgs. I have been clean for 7 months and will stay on tis track just need some help with the blues now n again ........... Kool Breeeze

kar_kar is offline New Member

I was hoping to get an answer from Robert_325. I've been addicted to pain meds for a little over 2 years now and I've recently wanted to come off of them and become clean. I was hoping to get into a Methadone clinic and do a 30 day detox so that I dont go through any withdrawl sypmtoms from the pain meds, but no matter where I turned and who I called, I could never get any help unless I wanted to pay close to $400 to do a 30 day Methadone detox clinic, which I dont have because I'm currently unemployed.

I've obtained Suboxone and have plenty to do a taper as I've been taking
    4mg a day and it last for 24 to maybe a little over 24 hours before starting to feel withdrawl symptoms. I've been doing a lot of research, but cannot find a correct way to taper off without feeling little to no withdrawl symptoms. Also, to mention I've just started taking Suboxone 5 days ago and I'm hoping to get off of it as quickly as possible (even if it takes a month or two), but I'm hoping since I'm on such a small dose it shouldnt take long.

I dont know where to turn and I'm so confused and trying to do the right thing, so I really hope someone can help!!

Thanks for listening! :-)

imjussayn is offline New Member

Default kar kar

Wow girl I feel ur pain! I started on suboxone 5, yes 5 years ago to help get off oxy's after a 4 year habbit! All I can say is it was the worse decision besides the oxy's, I've ever made, I have tried to taper and stop nine times and wound up in the ER five times, I'm sure that it works well for a lot of hard core users but for me I think I traded it for the lesser of two evil's, I have never in my life been on a blog until 4am detoxing and looking for help, this site had been great and I think I'm going to try the thomas recipe? Please let me know if u find anything good? Let's pray for each other

imjussayn ..... After five years on subs I would taper down by the rate of 25% every 4-7 days. It's usually taper every four days but you may need a couple extra days due to the time you've used the subs. Just do that for a while, get your sub dose down to less than 1mg preferably, as close to 2mg MAX, then the Thomas Recipe could be a good way to finish off. In my experience I think if you jump off at 4mg and go straight to the Thomas Recipe it may be a little "much" for you. I've done this for years and that is my very best advice for what it's worth. Hope it helps. God bless.

everdown84 is offline New Member

Did u step down from methadone to Suboxone, or did u go from Pills/Herion to suboxone? I ask because I am on 20 mg methadone and having trouble coming off. Do u think a suboxone taper for a month or two would help me kick the methadone (20mg a day)? Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by everdown84 View Post
    Did u step down from methadone to Suboxone, or did u go from Pills/Herion to suboxone? I ask because I am on 20 mg methadone and having trouble coming off. Do u think a suboxone taper for a month or two would help me kick the methadone (20mg a day)? Thank you very much

Tapering down from subs is usually easier than methadone especially being at 20mg That is a perfect time to switch, it needs to be done right though. Read the following link and pay close attention to the induction section regarding the scoring on the COWS worksheet. This taper method has worked successfully here for years. God bless.

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

Ever, you don't mention how long you were on methadone but I can tell you from vast experience that tapering off methadone, especially if you were on it more than a bare few months, is a super difficult thing to do. I was on it for years. I got off once. I was back on it quickly because the w/d were too much. As Robert states above, 20 mgs. is the PERFECT dose to switch. They say you need to be 30 or below. If you make the switch and follow the plan, you can taper off sub in two months or so. If you s tay on sub too long, it can be terribly addicting as well but if you follow the plan and don't stay on long, you can taper off it with not so much trouble, certainly not as bad as a meth taper. Good luck ! Just remember not to start the sub til your reac 26 on the COWS worksheet (in moderate to severe withdrawal) or you will go into full withdrawal. Do not allow your doctor to start you on too high a dose (better to do what you will learn here). Then it will be a doward taper and you'll be home free.

Hey Robert, your a God send! Thank you so very much, the Lord is using you in a mighty way! Newyorkgal, Thank you as well, its such a great feeling to see that people are willing to help JUST BECAUSE, and thats what all of us need to be doing, helping others JUST BECAUSE its the right thing to do!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-12-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Hey Robert, your a God send! Thank you so very much, the Lord is using you in a mighty way! Newyorkgal, Thank you as well, its such a great feeling to see that people are willing to help JUST BECAUSE, and thats what all of us need to be doing, helping others JUST BECAUSE its the right thing to do!

It would be ideal if you got the suboxone and I could do the induction with you right here on the forum. I'll induct you at the lowest dose possible where the sub drs ten to put everyone on 16mg a day or more which is crazy. I usually induct people at between 4-6mg and you're done in a short time.

If you'll let me induct you I GUARANTEE it will go more smoothly and you'll be done in a couple months totally clean. I've done this LOTS of times. God bless.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    It would be ideal if you got the suboxone and I could do the induction with you right here on the forum. I'll induct you at the lowest dose possible where the sub drs ten to put everyone on 16mg a day or more which is crazy. I usually induct people at between 4-6mg and you're done in a short time.

If you'll let me induct you I GUARANTEE it will go more smoothly and you'll be done in a couple months totally clean. I've done this LOTS of times. God bless.
    Sounds like a really good idea. I am going to my Dr tomorrow to see if he decided if im ready to switch or not. I think he is going to, so, when I take my last 20MG dose and pick up my script I will send u a message and you can guide me from there. I know that less is always better, so there is no way you could steer me wrong using your formula. Talk to you soon and again Thank You So Much!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-12-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Sounds like a really good idea. I am going to my Dr tomorrow to see if he decided if im ready to switch or not. I think he is going to, so, when I take my last 20MG dose and pick up my script I will send u a message and you can guide me from there. I know that less is always better, so there is no way you could steer me wrong using your formula. Talk to you soon and again Thank You So Much!

Here is the link for the way I do the sub therapy. It's worked for years but needs to be done right especially right from the beginning in the induction. Check out the COWS worksheet (in INDUCTION section). You've got to be at least a 26 score which usually takes a good 72 hours coming off methadone.

Last edited by Anonymous; 09-12-2010 at 03:44 PM.

kristie08 is offline New Member

Robert_325 .. i just read a whole bunch of posts you and blackrainbow shared, and you seem to really know what your talking about, so maybe you could help me!
    here's my story.. i started using oxycontin in April 2010, and slowly became very addicted. it got to the point where i was using around 200 mg daily. once i could no longer obtain the oxycontin, i moved on to >>>>>>.. horrible, i know. but 5 days ago, i decided i didnt want to do this anymore so i found a doctor nearby who prescribed me to suboxone. he gave me the 8mg pills and i was to take 2 a day. The suboxone made me feel absolutely HORRIBLE. i have never had such bad nausea in my entire life. i was throwing up almost everytime i took it, and it got to the point where even thinking about taking the pill made me gag. finally, i called my doctor and told him what was going on and he said he would put me on subutex instead of suboxone because the naloxone that is in the suboxone can make people nauseas sometimes. today is my 3rd day on the subutex and nothing has changed. i throw up almost every single time i take it, and just the thought of taking it makes me gag. any suggestions?

kristie, you're definitely taking too much... If you read around the forum, you'll see that most people are inducted at way lower than that and most feel bad on the high doses. Sub doesn't work like >>>>>> or oxy. Less is usually more. Doctor's don't know that much about sub as they only need to take an 8 hour online course to be able to perscribe it and almostt always start people too high. Secondly, if you were only using since April of this year, that isn't very long at all (although I understand how addicting drugs can be).... If you feel you must use the sub, do the taper here. You will be on a much lower dose and feel much better. I would say you should stay on sub the shortest possible time because you can end up with a way bigger addiction than the 5 month one you had. Sub is long acting and way more powerful than oxy or >>>>>>. Robert should be around shortly to give you his idea of a good taper which will be way better than what the doctor has you doing.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-14-2010 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kristie08 View Post
    Robert_325 .. i just read a whole bunch of posts you and blackrainbow shared, and you seem to really know what your talking about, so maybe you could help me!
    here's my story.. i started using oxycontin in April 2010, and slowly became very addicted. it got to the point where i was using around 200 mg daily. once i could no longer obtain the oxycontin, i moved on to >>>>>>.. horrible, i know. but 5 days ago, i decided i didnt want to do this anymore so i found a doctor nearby who prescribed me to suboxone. he gave me the 8mg pills and i was to take 2 a day. The suboxone made me feel absolutely HORRIBLE. i have never had such bad nausea in my entire life. i was throwing up almost everytime i took it, and it got to the point where even thinking about taking the pill made me gag. finally, i called my doctor and told him what was going on and he said he would put me on subutex instead of suboxone because the naloxone that is in the suboxone can make people nauseas sometimes. today is my 3rd day on the subutex and nothing has changed. i throw up almost every single time i take it, and just the thought of taking it makes me gag. any suggestions?

Read the INDUCTION section of the following link. You're in precipitated w/d. It's explained in detail on this link. After you read the link I can tell you how to correct the problem though you won't like what you need to do. Let me know if you want my help. God bless.

after reading all of these posts, i agree that i am definitely taking way too much. my doctor said that tomorrow when i go in for my appointment that he wants to give me a new prescription for the 2 mg subutex, which will hopefully be much better

Robert.. im willing to do anything to just get better. however, everything i have read about precipitated withdrawal says that you will feel like death, and that it lasts only 2 days usually and so on. But i do not feel like death, whatsoever. i just feel nauseas after i take the subutex, and throw up because of it. other than that, i feel great. Also, i have been on the medication for 7 days now, and i have felt great all 7 days, besides 2 hours after i swallow the pill, i throw up. What do i do?

Again, in my opinion, it's that you're taking way too much. When I was getting high on opiates, whenever the dose was way high, I would always get nauseaus and vomit. It's too much narcotic for you. Your addiction didn't last that long (lucky for you!) and you need to be on a much smaller dose. I had a terrible years long addiction and that dose you're on was way too much for me too, and most people.. Once you get the two mgs. subs, start dropping the dose. Read the link on how to do that. I can guarantee you will feel better on less sub.

PSsalgal is offline Junior Member

Question Thanks for your post... I am really scared

HI and again thanks. I am 61 and cannot stay off opiates. I don't want to be addicted to suboxone but I cannot stay off the pills. What do you or anyone think is best and quickest way to get off. I have not started yet, though I did try it one time, but it made me swell and gave me headaches, probably took too much. I have weaned down to 2 lortab a day but am in constant withdrawal. PLEASE tell me how to go about the quickest way to take and get off suboxone. Thank you so much in advance..... PSsalgal

Quote Originally Posted by PSsalgal View Post
    HI and again thanks. I am 61 and cannot stay off opiates. I don't want to be addicted to suboxone but I cannot stay off the pills. What do you or anyone think is best and quickest way to get off. I have not started yet, though I did try it one time, but it made me swell and gave me headaches, probably took too much. I have weaned down to 2 lortab a day but am in constant withdrawal. PLEASE tell me how to go about the quickest way to take and get off suboxone. Thank you so much in advance..... PSsalgal

PSsalgal ..... I have worked with people on subs here for years. I can tell you that at 2 lortab per day subs are not the best option for you.

I could never taper like you've done with pain pills. I would do good for a few days then take the whole bottle in a couple days. I commend you for your persistence.

Melinda is coming on to post to you momentarily. She is my wife and I just told her about you. Listen to what she says as she was at exactly the same place you're at when she got here. She would be better for you to work with than me on subs I assure you.

Sit tight for just a few minutes while she posts. God bless. .

PSsalgal is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks for your post... I am really scared

I know I am weaned down low, but that is just since I did a medical de tox. It keeps going up and I am all alone and really don't know what to do. Why not suboxone or subutex? I will wait for your wife. Thanks so much, God Bless you, too. I keep increasing not decreasing now and have no support system. OK waiting. Thanks!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-16-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Hi PS
    I had been addicted to pain pills and I did a taper like you did. I was down to two 5mg vics a day and jumped off. I have about 4 days where I did not feel to well but nothing like when you just stop with out tapering..
    I'm going to put up the Thomas recipe for you. and If I were you that would be the way I would go...I will be the fastest and the easiest way to go...
    well help you get thru it..
    are you working or can you take a few days off...
    I had to work during my taper and it wasn't much fun ..
    let us know how we can help
    talk to you soon, Melinda

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast