Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CollAnn
will i get my energy back
    gofastwithchevy is offline New Member

Unhappy will i get my energy back

Hi All
    I have been on hydrocodone 10/325 four about 4 years due to back . I noticed awhile ago I had problems with my hydro intake I was takeing more and more im on day two with no hydro they did give me a clonidine patch and valium and flexeril to help with the withdrawl I just was wondering when I might get some energy back im a very active person and to be stuck down like this is really making me depressed. I just want to be done with these forever im 31 and have 3 kids and a very supportive wife.

Farcry is offline Banned

You can always get your testosterone levels checked.... I'm doing that Monday, because I was on subutex for a year, then methadone for another year.... And methadone lowers testosterone. I dunno, just a thought.

CollAnn is offline New Member

Hello - GO So Fast with Chevy.
    I would agree with the person that suggests to get your testosterone checked, but I also know that Vitamin B shots can do wonders for a body that is finding its way back to 'firing in the cells' as it is built to do. I have a son who broke both legs 2 years ago - and is just now back up on his feet. THANK YOU ----GOD!!! Thru 11 surgeries and now rods in his left leg, he was on some of the most wicked pain meds, I am so thankful that he did not become addicted and is finding his way to a new normal which includes the Vit. B Shots - that he does at home. Allow him to function while his body rests of the constant of healing. Hope this helps!!!! Blessings.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-02-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    SeayYou likes this.

J-Hart is offline Junior Member

Farcee is right. Eat some food with high carbs and protein and do some exercise

cuddles982771 is offline New Member

I was on those for eight to ten years and my intake got real bad. Have three wonderful kids and thought I would never be right again. The energy does come back naturally, it takes a good while. But some advice from esp. Is go ahead and put down the >> also! Long long story short i been in a phyc ward to detox and sit here without my kids and. Dhr took them which lead to rehab and a nervous breakdown. I am in five different drug programs and on color code. I'm thirty seven never had no drug problems nor any trouble with dhr and I have raised a twenty one year old and now my two girls ten and six is gone! I kick myself everyday. I'm sad! They are my life. I've never known anything but raising kids since I was seventeen. But one thing I will say is I will do all I can till I get my babies back! But hope this helps and hang in there!

gofastwithchevy is offline New Member

hi all sorry its been awhile. I couldn't find this site again im not real good with computers. I have been clean off all opiates for a month now. ended up using suboxone to quit. I used it two weeks and quit them to. they worked great. im still batteling the depression and lack of energy. mabe I will have testosterone check and look into vB I try to keep as active as I can just doesn't seem to be helping. thanks for the advice.

Pokeynz is offline New Member

fish oil each day is good to.. u can get them at ur pharmacy

philnoir is offline New Member

Default Opioid Tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwithchevy View Post
    Hi All
    I have been on hydrocodone 10/325 four about 4 years due to back . I noticed awhile ago I had problems with my hydro intake I was takeing more and more im on day two with no hydro they did give me a clonidine patch and valium and flexeril to help with the withdrawl I just was wondering when I might get some energy back im a very active person and to be stuck down like this is really making me depressed. I just want to be done with these forever im 31 and have 3 kids and a very supportive wife.
    Certain types of medications that activate the nervous system, become less effective over time. when this happens, doctors have to to increase the dose or change the type of opioid analgesic to achieve the same analgesic effect. We call this phenomenon 'opioid tolerance.'

Some doctors believe that opioid tolerance is a sign of opioid addiction, and therefore do not like to keep pain patients on chronic long-term opiate therapy (COT.) These doctors chose to discontinue opioid therapy, subjecting their patents to opioid withdrawal symptoms, which can in some, become life threatening.

Unfortunately, most physicians receive very little training in the use of COT in the treatment of chronic pain, and for a variety of reasons, people suffering with chronic intractable pain are having more difficulty receiving appropriate and adequate medical pain treatment.
    I hope that you are never again exposed to the misery of opioid withdrawal. One way to improve your odds of proper treatment is to seek our a licensed pain practioner.

BEST WISHES.