Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    CKmvp4life is offline New Member

Default Hang in there

Hey getting out of bed is hard when your sober too. i know the aches suck but real life kinda sucks too if you have nothing to look forward too. besides drugs theres gotta be something you like to do and maybe you should try and incorrporate that more in to you regular schedule.
    Im still reading and i want to be updated and even if people arent reading keep posting because sometimes thinking and writing about it helps elliviate the stress. Still sober here and im telling you once you get back to the real word its a whole new high. try the suboxone or subtex its helped alot of my friends. even the strongest people need help sometimes.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by xisolationx View Post
    Just in case they don't approve it (I assume I hit a flag because I listed out every medication and the number etc.), I ended up taking a total of 6mg of subutex and she said I could take 4 mg more this evening. I am to call her in the am but she thinks I should stabilize at 8mg per day for the first week (4 mg 2x per day). I have 20 of the 8mgs and 1 2mg left. They also gave me the anti nausea meds (three or four of them are for this), ambien and lorazepam.

No I think you hit the button for it to go the question board which is another place on the web site. But that is okay. I don't think you should automatically take another 4mg tonight. You likely shouldn't need it. Most inductions I do usually work out at 6mg. I bet you're fine right there. You start out at a small dose and you'll finish up more easily. I promise you that I'm right.

I totally disagree about the lorazepam. It's not good to take benzos with subutex. It can cause side effects resulting in respiratory depression. They shouldn't be handing out those meds. It's totally unnecessary and drs should know better. That annoys me.

My suggestion is stay at 6mg. Let me know later this evening how you're doing. Don't take any lorazepam with the subutex. You shouldn't need the ambien either if you're stabilized properly during the induction. But better the ambien than the lorazepam. Keep me posted. God bless.

xisolationx is offline Member

It did go pretty well. I had a weird blood sugar reaction (i hadn't been able to eat for three days) after taking the third 2mg dose. I guess it was like I just woke up. I had taken .1mg of the clonidine but all of the sudden was having weird hot flashes and felt like everything was closing in on me and all but passed out. So I told her something was wrong, I thought it was blood sugar and she gave me a granola bar. Within 10 minutes I was okay . I started flipping out a bit so I took 1mg of xanax but I think my instructions are good. She has worked with people who were on 1600 mgs per day of Oxycontin so I guess I'm kind of a cake walk - not that they treated me poorly, quite the opposite. They babied me big time. In fact, I wasn't quite rewarded for the poor behavior but I can tell you that it's the first time in a very very long time that I've been able to go into a doctors office, be completely honest and was treated very well. Of course, I think they were honest with me and I feel so lucky I got in there for the induction as the secondary choices that are on my insurance plan feel more like "here are some pills that will confuse you but good luck" and this place, I can call the nurse anytime 24x7 (this one is 5k cash but insurance is paying for the first four visits outside of my co-pay which the office manager said is VERY unusual for this insurance company BUT I threw the word suicide and hospitalization around enough in my flip out call so I guess that got me paid for and THAT IS honestly how I was feeling that day).

I'm sort of afraid of the subutex. I technically understand how it works but with no experience other than what I'm feeling now which is just sort of an odd feeling I think most of what is uncomfortable is the xanax issue. So that I can take "as prescribed" and I told them, it's not prescribed so they've given me lorazepam.

I trust you and think you're right. To be honest, I think she probably said I "could" take another 4mg if I needed it. I was sort of a mess in there so I assume that they probably gave me a high'ish dose for stabilization. I do agree though with you that if you push it a little more in the beginning, it's easier to back off - like anything else.

Mind you, I've been taking 4-6 mgs of xanax per day on the days I don't have oxycontin and sometimes I've taken it with the oxy so I think that's why they gave me the lorazepam? I will ask her. I KNOW that if I do not take the 4mg of the subutex tonight and report such to her, she'll be happy to hear I'm stable on the lower dose. I'm totally weirded out though and wondering, if I DO keep feeling weird, should I take 2mg instead and see if that helps?

Also, what do you think of stabilizing me on 8 mgs? I think I've seen posts where people were inducted way higher. I can see why people would be but personally, I am not really feeling great but I'm dealing with something more complex than just the oxy - I have xanax in the mix. What an idiot I feel like!

If I posted in the wrong place...so sorry! Here is what they gave me (what I have taken home).

Subutex 2mg x1
    Subutex 8mg x20
    Ambien 10mg x7
    Promethazine 25mg x28
    Promethegan 50mg suppositories x3(just for kicks)
    Prochlorperazine 10mg x14
    Lorazepam 1mg x7

I have about 40 xanax 1mg but I know it's not good to take it with this stuff. I just happen to have ANOTHER addiction to deal with...ugh. The only really good news here is that I don't drink alcohol or take OTC cough medicines etc. so while there is a risk here with respiratory depression, the add on won't be contributed to by alcohol!! Other than that, I'm trying to stay positive but I feel like I have a tough road...almost like I should have gotten off the xanax before trying to get off the oxy.

Talking you got it

Quote Originally Posted by CKmvp4life View Post
    Hey getting out of bed is hard when your sober too. i know the aches suck but real life kinda sucks too if you have nothing to look forward too. besides drugs theres gotta be something you like to do and maybe you should try and incorrporate that more in to you regular schedule.
    Im still reading and i want to be updated and even if people arent reading keep posting because sometimes thinking and writing about it helps elliviate the stress. Still sober here and im telling you once you get back to the real word its a whole new high. try the suboxone or subtex its helped alot of my friends. even the strongest people need help sometimes.
    thanks for posting back to you too. I feel like I really need Robert's help here but I just noticed you posting this. I agree, waking up is hard to do. There are some things I do enjoy in life and yes, I hope I can get back to it with the money I won't be spending on oxy. I have been doing stuff I normally do when I was on the oxy (concerts, made some new friends, had a date here and there etc.) but I felt that my life was revolving around oxy to feel normal. I appreciate your encouragement too and commend you on your sobriety! Overall I hate my life but it's my responsibility to make the changes I need to make to not hate it anymore. I finally got one started. It's just confusing right now.

I will post - when the subtex is done, I need a reminder of this dumb dumb move I made initially and it will live on this site and in my diary. I did do one thing right. I had this feeling that I was about to go over the waterfall. I was between 120 - 160 mgs per day. I forced myself to tell a friend that I realized I had a physical and mental addiction and I was afraid that I was about to go down a darker path with it. Saying it aloud and sharing it with someone was amazing. I knew that I was about to get into deep trouble.

When I talked to the nurse, I asked her what that could have been about and she explained that I'd probably caught this RIGHT before I'd have to be doubling up my oxy dose to get the same sort of feeling. I'd venture to guess I had about two weeks left before REALLY getting into deep sheet with it.

Again, thanks to Robert and intelmetal, to you and to anyone who reads, replies and my prayers are going out full force to all those who suffer regardless of the reason. I'm also praying for anyone who has issues with addiction on any level to anything that they too can find the right time to get the right help and that it's provided.

I say I hate my life but I took a good hard look at a few things that have happened recently and I have to say that I'm so so so so lucky right now. I just feel this overwhelming gratitude for multiple small opportunities that keep presenting themselves. Look at Robert who posts every day, all day helping people get through this. How amazing is that one gift that I have gotten? Okay, now I'm crying so enough babbling but I'm lucky my job kicked in for more time (i'm contract), my insurance is helping me, I have this place to post, whine and get through the day without judgment...this list goes on. Finally, you're right - sometimes things are just hard or uncomfortable and that's the way it is. I do get that and I do get the fact that accepting that allows one to move forward and not arrest their own growth

Quote Originally Posted by xisolationx View Post
    If I posted in the wrong place...so sorry! Here is what they gave me (what I have taken home.

Subutex 2mg x1
    Subutex 8mg x20
    Ambien 10mg x7
    Promethazine 25mg x28
    Promethegan 50mg suppositories x3(just for kicks)
    Prochlorperazine 10mg x14
    Lorazepam 1mg x7

I have about 40 xanax 1mg but I know it's not good to take it with this stuff. I just happen to have ANOTHER addiction to deal with...ugh. The only really good news here is that I don't drink alcohol or take OTC cough medicines etc. so while there is a risk here with respiratory depression, the add on won't be contributed to by alcohol!! Other than that, I'm trying to stay positive but I feel like I have a tough road...almost like I should have gotten off the xanax before trying to get off the oxy.

It's really NOT just an issue with xanax and subs. It's an issue with subs and ALL benzos. Lots of drs won't even RX subutex or suboxone if you're on benzos at all. Taking 4-6mg of either xanax or lorazepam is totally unnacceptable. And then he gives you ambien on top of the subutex and the lorazepam? How long does he want you to sleep?

You've got to understand that being on a forum like this I have to watch what I tell people to do. I'm not about to have someone drop over because of what I say it's okay for them to take. I can't be supportive of taking much of a dose of any benzo if you're on subutex. If you're already taking a large dose of xanax and you keep the lorazepam to a bare minimum I suppose that will have to do. But it still isn't a good idea. That is a fact.

The pills for upset stomach are no big deal but I don't see why he wrote scripts for so much medication for being sick. Does the dr expect you to be ill on subutex? NOT !! You really shouldn't need the ambien especially taking lorazepam and subutex. You need to be careful or you'll end up in respiratory depression and you'll stop breathing. I'm serious about that you need to be careful with all that mess you've been given.

When you are stabilized properly you don't need any of those drugs. I know what I'm talking about. That's the easy way out for a dr giving you a bunch of drugs when you're taking medication to get off drugs. Think about that it doesn't sound logical.

You're going to follow what the dr says. I already see that and that is your right and your decision to make. I hope you hold down your subutex dose and do yourself a favor with the other meds. It's hard for me to give advice doing things I disagree with. You've got to understand what I mean. I am not judging you I'm just sharing my opinion. And that's all it is ... an opinion. God bless.

moonie27 is offline New Member

In a message dated 7/16/2009 7:44:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
    well i am not sure how to use this thing but i am trying to find out how to stop taking sub without getting sick. i was on percs and vics for 3 years 2 weeks ago i went to the doc to get sub. he wants me on it for 3 months well i do not want to take it that long. monday and tuesday i took 4mg. yesterday i did not take anything today around noon i got sick and had to take half. now i dont know what to do. i dont like the way these things make me feel and i am tired all the time does anyone know what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by moonie27 View Post
    In a message dated 7/16/2009 7:44:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
    well i am not sure how to use this thing but i am trying to find out how to stop taking sub without getting sick. i was on percs and vics for 3 years 2 weeks ago i went to the doc to get sub. he wants me on it for 3 months well i do not want to take it that long. monday and tuesday i took 4mg. yesterday i did not take anything today around noon i got sick and had to take half. now i dont know what to do. i dont like the way these things make me feel and i am tired all the time does anyone know what to do?

You need to be taking the same dose every day. You need to be on a consistent regimen. Then we can taper you down. Sounds like you should be on 4mg to be stable. You should stay there four days. Then you reduce your dose by 25% or down to 3mg. You stay there four days and reduce again by 25% down to 2.25mg. You continue that tapering all the way down. Stay in touch as you taper. We'll be here to help you. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    You need to be taking the same dose every day. You need to be on a consistent regimen. Then we can taper you down. Sounds like you should be on 4mg to be stable. You should stay there four days. Then you reduce your dose by 25% or down to 3mg. You stay there four days and reduce again by 25% down to 2.25mg. You continue that tapering all the way down. Stay in touch as you taper. We'll be here to help you. God bless.
    will i get sick when i do stop taking it. since i did take 4mg today that can count as day 1 correct

Default sorry if I've been unclear

Hey Robert - I've obviously been unclear.
    1. you're here because you really care that's obvious
    2. I have zero experience with detox, I'm just trying to get off of oxycontin and not go into some weird seizure because I'm also addicted to xanax
    3. not enough attention was paid to this during my visit to the doctor, I'm clear on this
    4. I can follow their instructions or not but I've been posting because I wanted your feedback as it's obvious after reading all of your posts that you know your stuff.

I respect your time and I think you feel as if I'm not making a commitment to trust what you're saying. I agree with you 100% that it's not safe to take benzos with subs. I wonder though is it safe to take benzos at a high dose with oxycontin? Was I risking potential o/d with oxy and xanax? I didn't think about it then and now, I'm certainly paying attention. I'm in a space where I have no experience and thus, reaching out to you and others on this site is all I have. None of the people who use in the circle I just dropped out of are interested in getting clean and the people who I do still associate with and are my friends and family are so far removed from the concept of a detox/rehab program that they have zero input.

So, I'm not sure what else to say other than thank you for reading and for caring. Never would I expect you to risk yourself by going against what you know to be so putting others in harm. I can tell you're a good man.

If you have feedback and want to help me, I'll be eternally grateful. If not, I'll definitely be following the doctor's plan because I got nothing else but more self education. I verywell cannot call them and yell at them for prescribing all that junk but really, you know why they do it...they rushed me into "detox" without really knowing my whole story until I was in the office and I paid for all of that stuff so they have to give it to me. Doesn't mean I have to take it! One thing that they said that made sense - sometimes offices do not give people medication for nausea and they end up being naseous, have no one to call and no way to get help and end up in the ER so maybe they pulled the wool over my eyes but it did make sense at the time while I was shaking, clammy, balling and couldn't touch anything without being totally achy that maybe I could need to have that on hand. That said, I won't be taking the ambien or lorazepam. I already took a xanax when I completely flipped out this afternoon and knew I'd be awake for more than 6 hours.

All this having been said, if you disengage from my posts further, I'll totally understand - just know that I respect whatever you choose and I really do wish that you know that I'm looking for the answer here and not presuming I know because I don't. This is one of the areas I'm completely ignorant about since I've never asked for help with any addiction and I don't like toying with drugs I don't understand.

I live alone so if I were to stop breathing in my sleep, no one would know for quite a while and well, it's not a road I want to go down whether that seems sincere or not, it is. Sorry if I did something wrong or said the wrong thing. I'm just trying to get well without killing myself.

also i can not sleep on this stuff i wake up like every hour does anything help that?

Default xisolationx

I don't ever turn my back on anyone except for the occasional person who starts yelling and screaming when they don't hear exactly what they want. You certainly haven't done that. I'm glad you understand the situation I'm in with the advice I give. I talk to so many people each day that the wrong advice could hurt lots of people. So I give advice that is usually conservative concerning mixing medications. I don't want to hurt anyone.

Certainly you were at risk taking the oxycontin along with all that xanax. But understand that before I got clean I was taking over 900mg of oxycodone a day, 30 lorcets, 15-20mg of xanax and another 6-8mg of klonopin along with 20-25 soma a day. So I'm not trying to be play goody two shoes. I've been there and my heart has stopped twice. I've been taken to the hospital in ambulance more than once. I've been so much worse than you are right now it isn't even funny at all. I'm just trying to keep you from ending up in a nuthouse like I found myself.

It's impossible for drs to give you the attention you get on this forum. So they load every patient up with all these drugs "just in case" like you said. Well what happens when you give pillheads a bunch of pills??? They take them. Who ever heard of giving a pile of pills to a pillhead and telling them to only take them if they need them? That is insane logic. That's why we do so well here. We talk to you every day and make suggestions based on your symptoms.

My honest suggestion is to get all the subutex you can get your hands on from the dr as quickly as you can. You've already got twenty 8mg pills. You get another twenty pills and that will be just about enough where I can walk you through this and you'll be done in six weeks ... eight maximum. And you'll do it without any problems. I've never had one single person who I started with on the first day of induction that wasn't clean in less than eight weeks. That is shooting 100%.

I'll do what I can if you ask me a question regardless of how you do this. But if you want to do this in the shortest amount of time by taking the least amount of drugs while your getting clean it's not that difficult. Sometimes I come across a little hard but it's only when I have to make a point. If the point gets made then it was worth it. I'm trying to help people get clean here. I like to make friends but that is better to do after you get clean. In the meantime I tell it like it is. That is what has worked for me and for others the best. I want you to be successful that is all. God bless.

Thank you Robert. I really do appreciate your response. I cherish honesty. I am sorry to hear of your emergent situations - to think you almost lost your life more than once is very scary. If there is something to gleam from this it's the help you provide to others because of your own experiences.

You hit the nail on the head as when I was there I felt weird getting all of these meds. I don't know if they will give me any more as I will only be allowed to see them three more times in the next two weeks then I get pushed off to a cheaper guy who used to work with the guy I saw today. I think they do care about the patients, of course the doctor probably cares the least (but oh boy the money they make on this) whereas the nurse cares more but is at the mercy of her boss, the doctor.

You give a pillhead pills and they take them - couldn't be more right on that one. I'm terrified of this medication really and would rather not be taking it at all.

Right now, I have pain from the issue I have with the pinched nerve so I know the sub is wearing thinner but I still just feel uncomfortable and that's actually okay. I have had 6mgs today of the subs.

So, you would stay at 6mg? She told me I could take 4mg more as I mentioned but I agree, I don't want to take anymore than I actually need to be somewhat normal. Then tomorrow, she'd have me taking 8.

I wonder if I get "weird" if I should take 2mg more tonight? I am assuming that I won't need it but I'm worried that if I do get weirded out, I won't take it unless I feel like it's okay and you got my attention here.

Do you have an opinion on the lowest possible stabilization dose? That's what I want. I went there to get out of a losing battle here with oxycontin - I don't want to start a new one with subutex.

I am almost afraid to sleep tonight because I took the 1mg xanax today. I had to do it really as I couldn't eat and wasn't close to feeling normal at all. I will push through on the lowest dosing I can do. I will make sure to let you know that I am okay in case you are concerned that I'm popping subs. Again, I'm really afraid of this stuff as I have zero experience with it and now I feel like I got a total wake up call with the amount of oxy I was taking with the xanax at such a high amount. I wish I could compare oxy dosing with subutex so I'd have a frame of reference and I could titrate off both of these drugs.

Finally, do you have any opinion on their prescribing of the clonidine? I'm going to do more research on this drug before I take anymore of it for the symptoms they prescribed it for and I have some of them that is for sure.

Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!

by the way, the main reason I started posting in this thread was the title and I had read this Buprenorphine is a thebaine derivative with powerful analgesia approximately twenty-five to forty times as potent as morphine,[11] and its analgesic effect is due to partial agonist activity at μ-opioid receptors, i.e., when the molecule binds to a receptor, it is less likely to transduce a response in contrast to a full agonist such as morphine. Buprenorphine also has very high binding affinity for the μ receptor such that opioid receptor antagonists (e.g. naloxone) only partially reverse its effects. These two properties must be carefully considered by the practitioner, as an overdose cannot be easily reversed (although overdose is unlikely in addicted patients or people with tolerance to opioids who use the drug sublingually as meant in the case of Subutex/Suboxone, especially if there are no benzodiazepines involved), and use in persons physically dependent on full-agonist opioids may trigger opioid withdrawal that also cannot be easily reversed and can last over twenty-four hours, as the drug's mean half-life is thirty-seven hours.

So know, I do believe you and have read it over and over and over.

The clonidine is fine if you're having w/d symptoms. W/D symptoms cause your blood pressure to increase. That's when drs use clonidine in opiate detox. But it is a blood pressure medication, it's not meant to be taken at will like we would pop vics or percs. You can take your blood pressure too low so it's serious taking clonidine without being under supervision.

Once again I have to insist that if you're actually stabilized on the subutex you don't need it. All these meds they've given you are fine but the problem I have is that you shouldn't need any of them if your subutex induction went properly. You should feel as good as you've felt since being in high school. Not high but really good. If you feel that way then you don't need to take anything else. If you don't feel that way I would rather see you take 2mg more subutex than any of the other stuff. But don't do it unless you have to.

I always take four days doing an induction. That will get you to your lowest effective dose every single time. You take the dose you stabilized today, 6mg, and you split that into two doses tomorrow. Take 3mg in the morning and 3mg about 8-10 hours later. That's it. Then you do that two days. Believe it or not on the fourth day if all goes well I'll drop you down to 4mg. That becomes your lowest effective dose. That's all based on you stabilizing like you did at 6mg. That is a perfect induction and you'll have an easy time on subutex doing it just like that I promise.

You would stay at 4mg about a week and then start tapering down after enough time has gone by to be past the worst of the original opiate detox. Being at 4mg I would have you totally clean and off the subs in six weeks. This would be a piece of cake.

Don't freak out about sleeping. Go to bed as soon as you feel like it. Actually stopping the benzos abruptly would be more dangerous than taking them. You could have a seizure. So just keep the lorazepam at a small dose. How much were you honestly taking? Was it really 6mg of xanax daily? I want to help you do this and I don't want to see you go into w/d with the benzo while you're doing the sub taper. God bless.

Thank you so so much Robert. I really appreciate your help and support as well as your strong advice. Now that I read what you said about the Clonidine and this is well supported by what I have read about it, I wonder if part of the "blood sugar" reaction I had was helped by lowering my blood pressure. Not really likely because it was a low dose and my blood pressure was elevated due to the w/d I was in when I was at the sub dr. office but it makes me wonder why I was told to take it if getting me out of w/d would have lowered my blood pressure on it's own! grrrr.

I honestly probably took 6mgs or less on any given day. I was absolutely inconsistent but as well as my memory serves, if I took 4mgs in the am I wasn't taking more than one or two 1mgs at night. Usually, I'd pop three in the morning and then by afternoon two more and that was it. I did take the xanax at this dose more trying to go cold turkey off the oxycontin over and over but of course, by the third day, I'd go back to oxy if at all possible (i.e. I got paid).

I was told by the nurse I could take the lorazepam tonight with ambien. I haven't taken either of them and won't be as I took the 1mg of xanax earlier in the afternoon and would prefer to wake up in the morning alive!

I do not feel well. How this feels is that I'm outside of my own skin - it feels close to day one of w/d - not quite that hellish but edgy and weird. Not sick but not well if that makes any sense. Definitely not close to feeling "great" or like I did in high school. I do not have to take anymore subutex but if I shouldn't be feeling off and 2mg more would be a good idea then I can try that over benzos FOR SURE.

I wonder why she tells me to take the ambien (which never seemed to work for me anyway) and lorzepam. I'm starting to get pissed off now. I mean having this stuff on hand with as paranoid about mixing junk is okay but someone could really do a number on themselves! This is totally a toxic cocktail - and if someone was a drinker and lied? Oh boy!

Anyway, luckily I don't like alcohol and I'm scared so it's a good way to keep me down on the dosing. I'm going to see if you post again for a bit then try to sleep even though I'm wide awake, now have a mild headache, couldn't eat dinner etc. but I do have to go into work tomorrow and pretend to be normal in meetings. I see a lot of posts here people feeling well on this med and I don't. Seems as though induction at the office wasn't so good after all .

Thank you again

Take 2mg more real quick and tell me how you feel after 15 minutes. I want you to wake up in the morning feeling good. Don't want you feeling the way you describe tonight. Tell me how you feel in 15minutes after taking 2mg more. God bless.

I'm afraid to go to sleep now for fear I won't wake up. I haven't taken anything additional and I took the xanax at around 4:30 (1mg) but now, I'm completely paranoid.

How could I have been so careless using (mixing oxycontin and xanax) and now I'm concerned? I feel like a complete jerk, way out of my depth.

Don't freak out. You won't have anything happen tonight. You'll watch yourself in the future I know. Take the other 2mg of subutex and tell me how you feel. 1mg of xanax isn't that bad. You'll be okay.

Done. Thank you again. I keep checking my breathing but I have the last 2mg under my tongue now and i'll post in 15.

I guess I felt something improve from that 2mg. I feel less sketchy and a bit more able to breathe and relax. It could be in my head though. I should be fine. Not feeling "great" but good enough! Right?

I think you should go ahead and crash tonight. When you get up take 4mg. Then plan on taking 4mg more about 8-10 hours later depending on how you feel. Instead of doing the lowest effective dose at 4mg it will end up being 6mg which is still great.

I would try to hold your lorazepam dose starting tomorrow at 3mg. I would take 1mg three times throughout the day. Late morning, mid afternoon and mid evening. If you drop from 5-6mg of xanax to less than that you'll start having bad benzo w/d. You could be feeling it now in fact. That could be the minor discomfort you describe. In fact it probably is.

Check in after you dose 4mg in the morning. Let us know how you're doing. You may need that ativan/lorazepam when you get up. I wouldn't take anyting else tonight. Get some rest and don't worry. You didn't take enough benzo today to hurt anything as high as your tolerance is. Talk tomorrow. God bless.

Thanks again Robert. I should consider tolerance yet I don't have frame of reference for the subutex. Anyway, I have 7 ativan so those will last for two days. If I read this correctly, I'm taking 4mg sub in the AM with 1 mg lorazepam and then two more of the lorazepams (probably 4 hours apart) mid day then evening tomorrow and late afternoon dose of sub at 4mg?

If this is a good way to taper off the benzos, I am going to ask them to give me more of them to taper off. Apparently, they do not have a problem prescribing meds since it's what they do and I took home half of the pharmacy.

You're 100% correct that most of what I am feeling is indeed w/d from the xanax. I feel pretty fortunate that as much oxy as I was using, I hadn't crossed into yet another level with it but the benzo dependence feels extra fun . Thanks for your help. I don't know how to repay you !

I'll post once I get into work (if not before). Thanks a ton. You're a super good guy for helping me and so many others through this. I'm seriously crying I'm so grateful.
    xxxxx!

P.S. You did this very thing with a person named Summer who used "Lori" for her screen name. Did she ever post her detox result? I believe this was back in 07. I'm going to search for it now then prepare for morning and go to bed.

thanks again and gn, be well!

I have never heard back from Lori. I don't know what happened to her she just disappeared. That happens sometimes.

You are exactly correct about the dosing. Do it just like you said.

Let me know how you're doing. I can help you with the benzo detox but we don't want to be too agressive yet with the benzo detox. Especially without you having the proper meds for doing that.

Keep in touch. God bless.

Thanks for letting me know about Lori. I found her last post then yep, she stopped posting. Hope she was okay.

I finally fell asleep last night (well early this AM) and slept 5 1/2 hours so that was nice. I'd like to get more sleep tonight.

I just took the 4mg sub and 1mg lorazepam. I'm going to get ready for work. It was far easier to get up this am than yesterday that's for sure. Actually as I was falling asleep, I kept waking myself up to make sure I was going to wake up I got myself so worked up over the benzo thing. I guess that's a good sign too.

Thanks again and I'll post back later once I get to work!!

So I'm at work and feel waaaaaaaaay hyper and somewhat sketchy. I'm very scattered and I left a few things at home I meant to bring with me INCLUDING THE MEDS. DUH! Anyway, all I'm missing is the Lorazepam so maybe it's for the best. If emergent, I have xanax with me (I never take that bottle out of my bag so that's why it made it and the other bag didn't grrrrrr).

I'm probably coming off A LOT better in front of people than I was every other day this week though again, I'm a bit ARGH! which I'm trying to fix through breathing :|. I call the nurse at 11 so I'll post back what she says but other than my leaving the lorazepam at home (slaps own hand), nothing else is changing about the dosing here. I just have to check in and will share.
    Thanks!!!!!!

If you start geeking too badly over the xanax/lorazepam go ahead and take .5mg xanax. It will be okay if you keep the dose down low. God bless.

Thanks Robert . So, I talked to the nurse and told her the situation. I'm not going to type here what she told me because I don't want you to be steaming!!

That said, I told her that I'd like to remain on the lowest possible stablization dose and right now, if that is 8 mg, I will stay there and she agreed. So basically,you're stabilizing me and she's just agreeing. I really see what you have been typing about over and over to people about the induction and dosing all along Robert. NUTS!

Part of what she said is I can take up to 12 if I NEED it but she doesn't think I will. Even that part might insight some irritation (sorry) but I told her I'd rather add a 2mg dose as we did last night rather than add by 4.

Thanks again for everything!!! I feel a lot better really. I cannot believe how worked up I got last night after all of the drugs I'd been taking before. I'm glad now I am paying attention and I'm thinking after your story and so many others, I just happened to be lucky I didn't go over in a dumb stupid way.

You don't have to tell me what the nurse said. If you told them about me I know that they told you I was some internet idiot and you shouldn't listen to a flake like me. I'm sure they said that I was some "wanna be" counselor. LOL I hear that all the time from drs. Doesn't bother me in the least. They can bite me. I mean that with NO respect too when they talk like that. I talk to more people on this forum on a daily basis than they do. They can think as they like.

I think the world of most drs. I totally respect them for their knowledge, work ethic, etc. I just came from taking melinda to see her dr who is a great guy. But like anything else they all aren't right just because they have a few more years in school than me. I don't buy it.

I think you're doing the right thing. This forum is FULL of people who listened to their dr to the letter only to end up here finding a way out of what their "medical professional" got them into. You'll see that you've done the right thing after you're totally clean in less than eight weeks. Then you can ask the dr or the nurse what they think of what you've done. Hang in there and God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-17-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast