Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    xisolationx is offline Member

Actually, I didn't say ANYTHING about working with anyone else. What would incite disgust with you is what she told me I could take. I told her about my paranoia last night and she said that was a good sign which I agree with. I have had my ins and outs with doctors in the past and yeah, the BEST admit that they call it "practicing" for a reason .

I think you're amazing.

Well, I'm late posting but at this moment, I think I'm doing okay on the 8mg per day (4 in am 4 in pm). I'm trying to figure out why I feel weird and I think part of that is that I'm not getting the "high" that the oxy gave me for a few minutes and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around everything. That said, this AM I took the 4mg subutex and 1mg of lorazepam.

The one thing that's pretty amazing, is that I feel like I don't want to be home. part of that is because I hate this place lol but really, it's that I want to socialize. It's been at least 4 years since I've felt like that! I have moments of dread still and can't quite get out there so to speak but I'm leaps ahead of where I was just three days ago.

I'm functioning again. I want to thank you so much Robert for all of your help with this. I'd probably be on at least 12-16mg, dead or miserable if I hadn't found you and gotten your help!

I forgot to tell you one thing is that I'm totally scattered and losing/misplacing things. I'm hoping if I get a week of being stable under my belt this will subside? Right now I'm just putting on foot in front of another and not ready to think beyond where I'm at now but getting off of benzos has to be my next step after I can scale this sub down.

Something interesting - my insurance is forcing me to see an 'in network' provider after three visits to this initial "detox" doctor. I have two appointments next week with the initial doctor then 7/30, I go to the in network guy. I hear this guy used to work for the guy I see now AND that they just throw meds at you and send you on your way. That could be just trash talking.

I feel even more fortunate to have found this site and you Robert. I cannot imagine if I had to do this, out of my depth and without your guidance and support.

So I feel moderately stable on the 8mgs daily and the lorazepam 1mg 3x per day. That said, I only have three of those left. I told the nurse that I'd run out and either they'd have to refill it or somehow manage the xanax portion of this addiction so she said she'd talk to the doctor and call me back with whatever the decision was. I hope that means Monday because she didn't call Friday.

This is a weird tight rope to walk. Thanks for holding the net Robert. I will look for a reply from you. I was out on the forum and see so many people crying out for help, you're really needed elsewhere so I won't expect you to have time right away but I'm okay for now and thank you thank you thank you!

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Default xisolationx

It's really amazing how quickly we can start feeling good when we use the subs properly. Just like you saying you haven't felt like getting out of the house and just socializing since forever. That is very cool that you're feeling like that so soon.

You've come a really long ways in just a few days compared to when I was trying to convince you to do this the way you finally chose to do it. You deserve to be proud of yourself. You're on your way to recovery and it doesn't have to be done while suffering like it would be in some old movie from the 1950s. This can be done with dignity and relatively easily right at home and without any significant side effects.

You shouldn't be left without any lorazepam or xanax or some kind of benzo with your using history. That needs to be refilled Monday. You need to keep what you take to a minimum but let's get you through the subs and then I'll take you down and off the benzos too if you want. But doing them together is a lot to do over the internet. I would be more comfortable doing that in person if we were doing them both at once. It's just a lot to do all at once and not in person. I want you to be safe and won't do anything that would compromise your well-being.

It could actually be a blessing in disguise if the dr you'll be seeing will just give you meds and send you on your way. I am not saying to lie about ANYTHING. I never tell anyone to do that. But I would keep my mouth shut at the appointment and nod "yes" when I'm supposed to. If he wants to give you meds like you are on a very high dose get them and leave. Once you have enough meds stashed in your possession where you don't need any more you can stop spending your money for office visits and we'll be able to finish your taper right here. So take any amount of subs they are willing to give you.

Stay in touch and keep me posted. Stick to the gameplan and we'll have you totally clean in no time. God bless.

xisolationx .... I forgot one of your questions. The "brain fog" thing you talked about will get better. Feeling lost or misplacing things is normal at this point. You need to remember that you're right smack in the middle of opiate detox right now. You're not feeling as badly you would be feeling if you were doing a cold turkey detox. The subs are keeping you from feeling as bad as you should be but your body is still going through a HUGE amount of trauma as we speak. Be kind to yourself. Relax and do something that makes you feel good as long as it's natural. Get outside and enjoy the summer ... do something fun. Stay in touch. God bless.

It's amazing because I don't feel great or anything but it's easy to identify WHY I don't. I can tell when it's opiate issue, benzo issue or a ME issue as in not feeling okay about things in my life.

I have to tell you that it's really odd that I managed to get in there when I did. I know KNOW now I was right and I was about to get REALLY bad as in worse off with dosing if I didn't. Honestly, I think sometimes if we're sober enough to listen to our bodies and can momentarily separate the emotional state (which I feel the sub helped me to do temporarily while I get other things in order), things become clear. I feel like I'm cheating in a way but I couldn't have managed these last couple of days without the help of the sub and of course your help and support.

I am leaning towards agreeing with you in a way about just getting the meds and getting out with this and the next doc because even though I did get quite a bit of time that first day and they're trying to help me through to get stable, they'd have me on a higher dose. Knowing NOTHING about this, I'd be in much higher risk of being stuck on subs and then end up being hosed when my insurance or money run out.

I can tell I am not feeling 100% right but I don't think that is because of the drugs. I think it's because of things I'm not happy about in my life. Yes, the benzos have added an extra challenge to that BUT I have a new found respect for these drugs and this has been (and will continue to be) a huge learning experience.

Thanks again. I'll check back later after I do some washing up!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    xisolationx .... I forgot one of your questions. The "brain fog" thing you talked about will get better. Feeling lost or misplacing things is normal at this point. You need to remember that you're right smack in the middle of opiate detox right now. You're not feeling as badly you would be feeling if you were doing a cold turkey detox. The subs are keeping you from feeling as bad as you should be but your body is still going through a HUGE amount of trauma as we speak. Be kind to yourself. Relax and do something that makes you feel good as long as it's natural. Get outside and enjoy the summer ... do something fun. Stay in touch. God bless.
    Thanks for addressing the fog. I was thinking it would get better. I know I'm cheating a bit here using one thing to get off another but I didn't want to lose my job. If I could have, I'd have gone the cold turkey route with the opiates and then addressed the benzo issues. That said, this will take longer but in the long run I can keep my job for as long as it lasts and work through some of the other issues at hand. It was pretty amazing to go back after just losing one day at the office and actually CARE, be able to eat some food, have a cup of coffee, pet the dog, my cats and feel half way normal. I'm really grateful for that. I would have been so lost if you weren't here

Quote Originally Posted by xisolationx View Post
    Thanks for addressing the fog. I was thinking it would get better. I know I'm cheating a bit here using one thing to get off another but I didn't want to lose my job. If I could have, I'd have gone the cold turkey route with the opiates and then addressed the benzo issues. That said, this will take longer but in the long run I can keep my job for as long as it lasts and work through some of the other issues at hand. It was pretty amazing to go back after just losing one day at the office and actually CARE, be able to eat some food, have a cup of coffee, pet the dog, my cats and feel half way normal. I'm really grateful for that. I would have been so lost if you weren't here

Don't feel like you are cheating. It's kind of funny really because it's like people think when a person goes into w/d they are supposed to curl up into the fetal position and freak out like an old dumb movie from the 1950s about addiction. Today we have opiate replacement therapy which is what suboxone is.

Even when people choose a cold-turkey detox today there are things you can do to lessen the symptoms a little. Cold-turkey is still pretty rough though. Point being there are choices today and it's each person's decision.

I always suggest doing a cold turkey first as a person can be done with this in a week or so. Sub therapy takes 6-8 weeks. But if a person can't do the cold-turkey for whatever reason there is nothing to be embarrassed about using subs. Just so long as it's done properly there is not going to be another problem like you read about in horror stories. Those are people who haven't used the subs the right way probably through no fault of their own.

You'll do fine. God bless.

I'm starting to feel kind of sick to my stomach. I've been doing things around the house and boom, start feeling weird, tried to ignore that and now I'm kind of sickly in my stomach. I'm not due for my second dose of sub until around 6pm.

Does it make sense to try the Prochlorperazine (10mg) or one of the Clonidine (.1mg)? The best way to describe the feeling is like I want to crawl back into bed all of the sudden but make sure I have a bucket nearby in case I lose my lunch. Sorry...that's gross but it's like motion sickness in a way.

I'm starting to feel kind of sick to my stomach. I've been doing things around the house and boom, start feeling weird, tried to ignore that and now I'm kind of sickly in my stomach. I'm not due for my second dose of sub until around 6pm.

Does it make sense to try the Prochlorperazine (10mg) or one of the Clonidine (.1mg)? The best way to describe the feeling is like I want to crawl back into bed all of the sudden but make sure I have a bucket nearby in case I lose my lunch. Sorry...that's gross but it's like motion sickness in a way.

It's close enough to 6:00 that you can take it. These first few days is when we need to get the exact number of hours down between doses. That's why I said the induction is like a 3-4 day process. Go ahead and take your 6:00 dose and let's see how you feel. If it fixes you up then you'll know tomorrow to bump it up a little earlier. If the sub dose doesn't fix you up then it's a benzo issue. But I think the sub will take care of you. Let me know. God bless.

Thanks for posting back. I took it and wanted to post back. I'm still not quite right but it did take a long time to dissolve so I'm going to give it a bit more to work and maybe focus on something else for a while. I really appreciate your help. I'll live that's for sure.

I hope some of this stuff keeps someone else from getting into trouble....this isn't fun at all. Thank God you're here.

It's no problem. I don't mind helping you at all. I will be gone for an hour or so .... just a trip to walmart that I have to make.

I really believe the sub dose will help as much as anything you can do UNLESS it's the xanax hitting you. In that case and only if that's the case take like .5mg xanax but try to hold it there.

I will be back soon. I'll see when I get back whatever you post. I still think the sub will help you feel better. God bless.

Man, I love to hate Walmart . Agreed about the sub helping me feel better...I just need to be more patient and give it a bit more time. Thanks again. I mean it!

something is amiss. I don't know but I'm super sketched out. I couldn't find the xanax so I took the 1mg lorazepam about two hours ago and I'm not sure what is wrong with me but I went from doing really good to OCD, creeped out, skin crawling etc. I'm either going to try one of the Clonidine or maybe add 2mg of subutex? I don't know...it's just not good. I hate this

something is amiss. I don't know but I'm super sketched out. I couldn't find the xanax so I took the 1mg lorazepam about two hours ago and I'm not sure what is wrong with me but I went from doing really good to OCD, creeped out, skin crawling etc. I'm either going to try one of the Clonidine or maybe add 2mg of subutex? I don't know...it's just not good. I hate this

I was away a little longer than I expected. So how are you feeling now and what have you taken if I may ask? The lorazepam you took is okay.

I think it's probably as much or more the benzos hitting you than the opiates. Benzo w/d is tough and you've got to taper down carefully. I know you've been trying to hold down your benzo consumption as much as you could and that's good. I know you're trying to do what is right.

We may be pushing it a little too hard on you and the lorazepam is what I'm thinking. There is more involved here than just the subs. Tell me what's going on now if you read this. Tell me any specific symptoms you're having now. I'll be online for a little while. God bless.

I ended up taking 2mg (approx, I cut 1/2 of a scored 4mg in half) about 20 minutes after the last post but yeah, it's the benzos cause I'm still off enough.

That said, I've taken today
    10mg subutex
    1mg lorazepam (morning)
    1/2 mg xanax (late afternoon)

I just have that dreading, creeped out feeling I get when I stop the xanax cold turkey, which stupidly, I've done several times in the past trying to quit.

I'm going to ask them when I go back in why I have two anti-psychotic medications because I want to hear a good answer. I got put on seroquil once and slept for almost two days straight. I have no idea that one of those meds (the sedating one) won't do that to me!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-19-2009 at 01:45 AM. Reason: i'm going to remove some specifics..just in case

Try taking an additional .5mg lorazepam or xanax either one that you have. That should take the edge off a little. I would tell you to take 2mg of either but I WON'T do that with you taking the subutex. You've got to drop the benzo dose but you can't do it to the point that you're in bad w/d. A little is okay but it needs to be manageable or you'll get sick of this really quick and blow it all off. Don't want that to happen. Hope this helps. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-19-2009 at 02:15 AM.

Yeah, I tried to stick it out a little longer and got weirder. I'm wondering if what they told me is true. They said that the ativan and xanax are similar strength per milligram. Is that so in your experience? Because I relied so much on that xanax between oxy days, I have a virtual stockpile and rather than have them prescribe me something more, I can use it when I run out of the lorazepam. Thanks again !!!!

They are similar by the mg. maybe not exactly the same but close enough for this. Just use the xanax. We just have to watch the dose closely.

We've got to get you on a stable dose that is still safe and taper it down very slowly. I stopped a HUGE benzo habit (xanax/klonopin) while also doing subs so I know it can be done. Just have to do it right so you don't freak out from benzo w/d. It totally sucks. In fact I think it's worse than the opiate w/d.

We have to get this worked out where it all goes smoothly. What is the smallest dose of xanax you can maintain on? Or do you know? Have you tried to stabilize on the smallest xanax dose possible? If not that is okay we just have to get you there before you start dropping the sub dose any farther down. You've got to get smoothed out here. Can't go forward with you having all kinds of w/d problems. God bless.

It's great to know it can be done. Did you end up feeling normal or at least better to where you were able to work through your "stuff"? I sure hope so because I've been using xanax off and on since 1999 and at one point, I was up to 10-12 mg per day for at least 7 months pretty continuiously. Doctors would put me on klonipin, then I'd buy xanax when that ran out or I'd get a doc to prescribe me xanax at a much lower dose and finally got that down to about 8mg per day. Then I got wrapped up with this oxy stuff and I guess I partially used it to not take as much xanax (dumb I know) but xanax also helped my back pain.

So that said, I don't think there has been a day where I didn't take 5-6 mgs of xanax or 100-160 mgs of oxycontin in the last three years with a few times trying to quit EVERYTHING at once and just dumping it like you said because it was too much to handle.

A lot of it is totally mental and I can feel that too, a side effect of not being high. I have plenty of xanax (I was terrified of running out a while back after the last w/d).

Question added: I was wondering about your thoughts on this. I know HIPPA as well as the doctor patient confidentiality requirements. That said, another reason I was afraid to seek out any treatment was because I was getting the drugs illegally and thought a doctor had the right to force me to either turn people in or go to jail myself. I haven't ever gone to jail (nor do I want to of course) and again ANOTHER reason I wanted out of the oxy nightmare I was in was because of the very fact that I was having to buy it illegally from someone who didn't have any medical conditions but rather just knew how to get a doctor to write them scripts for huge amounts of it. It makes me wonder, do doctors ever impose those sorts of law enforcement things on people in my situation? I have read stories but never talked to anyone who had actual experience in this field before now.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-19-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: adding a "legal" question

Default Xanax and Suboxone...(and others)

Okay, Robert, I'm going to try this again. I'll be as brief as possible because I'm even sick of this story! Went to the Sub doc on Monday with what he dx as the 3rd anxiety attack in 2 days - loud, buzzy hearing, dizzy, blurred vision, difficulty breathing, and the feeling of my lungs filling with fluid. He RX'd Clonazepam 1 mg 2x daily. I already had a script for Alprazolam .5 up to 3x daily to manage the stress of my kiddo's day through the cancer clinic. (Yea, I'm an excellent manager of stress, huh?) In addition, my ankles, calves and knees have begun swelling very badly - I look like an elephant. Doc rx'd Lasix 20 mg with Potassium 550mg, but it is not helping. This same thing has happened before; when I was given Morphine last year my ankles started swelling up, same treatment - Lasix; same result -NONE - assessment - allergic to Morphine...I CAN'T be allergix to Sub! - what'll I do?

I got the Imodium AD you advised and it worked wonderfully; the grape Gatorade, as well, is a GODSEND!

Gonna list what I've got, so I don't forget to tell you anything:
    1.5 8 mg Suboxone (12 mg) divided throughout day
    Clonazepam 1 mg twice daily
    Alprazolam .5 mg up to 3x daily PRN (I typically only take them on Michael's spinal tap Fridays-I tend to get a bit hysterical)
    Furosemide 20 mg (Lasix) accompanied by Potassium Gluconate 550 mg
    Ibuprofen 200 mg tabs, 4 tabs 3x daily
    Imodium AD PRN
    Propanolol SA 160 mg daily (blood pressure)
    Zolpidem Tartrate 10 mg (Ambien)

Hope this finds it's way to you-this is harder to navigate than the Jimmy Buffett site!

SmlUGotFrenchs

I stopped benzos two different times. Once I did it cold turkey which was the most awful thing I've ever done. I had electric shock syndrome, seizures, horrid dreams, all kinds of fun stuff. They think I even had a mild stroke. I ended up in the hospital for almost a month. I couldn't speak in complete sentences for about three months. Don't do that! The other time I tapered off and that's the way I would suggest you doing it. It was tough but nothing like a cold turkey if you do it slowly. I had used benzos for 25 years and was taking 15-20mg of xanax along with 6-8mg of klonopin the last time.

If there honestly hasn't been a day without you taking 6mg of xanax then you really should suck it up for a couple weeks. I really hate to see you taking that much while you're on subs. We really need to get your dose to something more manageable and safer.

I think you should stay at your current dose on the subs, get your dr to write a script for either depakote or dilantin. They are anti-seizure medications. Start on say depakote a couple times a day and then drop off to about 3mg MAX and ride it out a couple weeks. Then at least the lorazepam would be at a manageable dose while you finish off the subs and you wouldn't be compromising your health by taking the depakote. In a couple weeks we could move forward more slowly with the lorazepam. So do you think you have it in you to do that?

Let me know what you think. I say that's probably the safest way to do this. Unless you've got a better idea on how to get the benzo dose down some. 6mg is just too high and until we get you stable you're going to feel badly. God bless.

SmlUGotFrenchs - I'm sorry to hear of your struggles. Robert WILL find you on this forum on any of the threads. That said, I too have that swelling when I'm taking oxycontin (100-160mg per day) but I haven't experienced it on the dosing of subutex (8 -10 mg per day). Both feet and ankles would swell up really big and it became regular but the side where I have the pinched nerve always took longer to go down than the other when going off of the oxy cold turkey and it would go away within 3 days of not using and come back with 2 days of using. I started to get that this was most likely due to my blood pressure dipping in combination with water retention as I could never get it to go down naturally unless I stopped the oxy, drank tons of water and then let nature work. Thankfully, my body is still functioning even if my brain (CNS) has been altered.

That said, I've been on Subs since Thursday and no swelling. I just wanted to let you know that I too began to experience the same thing on the oxy (I never had that happen until I was taking it pretty regularly!) but have none of these issues with the subutex so far.

My prayers are with you and your son to both be well.

Quote Originally Posted by SmlUGotFrenchs View Post
    Okay, Robert, I'm going to try this again. I'll be as brief as possible because I'm even sick of this story! Went to the Sub doc on Monday with what he dx as the 3rd anxiety attack in 2 days - loud, buzzy hearing, dizzy, blurred vision, difficulty breathing, and the feeling of my lungs filling with fluid. He RX'd Clonazepam 1 mg 2x daily. I already had a script for Alprazolam .5 up to 3x daily to manage the stress of my kiddo's day through the cancer clinic. (Yea, I'm an excellent manager of stress, huh?) In addition, my ankles, calves and knees have begun swelling very badly - I look like an elephant. Doc rx'd Lasix 20 mg with Potassium 550mg, but it is not helping. This same thing has happened before; when I was given Morphine last year my ankles started swelling up, same treatment - Lasix; same result -NONE - assessment - allergic to Morphine...I CAN'T be allergix to Sub! - what'll I do?

I got the Imodium AD you advised and it worked wonderfully; the grape Gatorade, as well, is a GODSEND!

Gonna list what I've got, so I don't forget to tell you anything:
    1.5 8 mg Suboxone (12 mg) divided throughout day
    Clonazepam 1 mg twice daily
    Alprazolam .5 mg up to 3x daily PRN (I typically only take them on Michael's spinal tap Fridays-I tend to get a bit hysterical)
    Furosemide 20 mg (Lasix) accompanied by Potassium Gluconate 550 mg
    Ibuprofen 200 mg tabs, 4 tabs 3x daily
    Imodium AD PRN
    Propanolol SA 160 mg daily (blood pressure)
    Zolpidem Tartrate 10 mg (Ambien)

Hope this finds it's way to you-this is harder to navigate than the Jimmy Buffett site!

SmlUGotFrenchs

Man it upsets me to see drs handing so many benzos to people on high doses of suboxone. It's so NOT the right thing to do. Lots of drs won't even RX subs if you're on benzos. They even drug test patients to make sure. It's not your fault. But benzos and subs can cause respiratory depression. And it's not a far-off nearly impossible side effect either. It happens and they should keep benzo use down to a minimum. I know you've got some extra stress working besides the subs. I hope your little boy is doing well. I can only imagine what that does to you. But I just want you to be safe doing this. I certainly wouldn't judge.

I don't have a problem with the ambien but if you look at that list you're taking suboxone with clonazepam and alprazolam (together all that can make you stop breathing) plus they're giving you ambien on top of that. It's like they really want you to sleep a long time. It seems excessive to me even with you having ongoing anxiety issues. All of that together is a potential time bomb.

It would help to back off a little on those benzos and use the ambien as sparingly as you can. I know you need the xanax probably on Michael's bad days. That is understandable. That is my first suggestion. Can you hold it down to 1mg per day of clonazepam and no xanax except on Michael's days? If you did that and used the ambien occasionally that wouldn't be too bad. Again I just want you to be safe.

If you did that and got comfortable with those doses over the next few days then I would say to start reducing the suboxone dose by 25% of your current dose every four days. So you'll go from 12mg to 9mg to 6.5mg and so on. If you do it like that every four days you shouldn't have any problems. But I do think you should reduce the benzo intake for your own good.

The blood pressure meds, Ibuprofen, Potassium and supplements are fine. Let me know if you can handle cutting back the klonopin. I think it should be a priority. God bless.

I stopped benzos two different times. Once I did it cold turkey which was the most awful thing I've ever done. I had electric shock syndrome, seizures, horrid dreams, all kinds of fun stuff. They think I even had a mild stroke. I ended up in the hospital for almost a month. I couldn't speak in complete sentences for about three months. Don't do that! The other time I tapered off and that's the way I would suggest you doing it. It was tough but nothing like a cold turkey if you do it slowly. I had used benzos for 25 years and was taking 15-20mg of xanax along with 6-8mg of klonopin the last time.

If there honestly hasn't been a day without you taking 6mg of xanax then you really should suck it up for a couple weeks. I really hate to see you taking that much while you're on subs. We really need to get your dose to something more manageable and safer.

I think you should stay at your current dose on the subs, get your dr to write a script for either depakote or dilantin. They are anti-seizure medications. Start on say depakote a couple times a day and then drop off to about 3mg MAX and ride it out a couple weeks. Then at least the lorazepam would be at a manageable dose while you finish off the subs and you wouldn't be compromising your health by taking the depakote. In a couple weeks we could move forward more slowly with the lorazepam. So do you think you have it in you to do that?

Let me know what you think. I say that's probably the safest way to do this. Unless you've got a better idea on how to get the benzo dose down some. 6mg is just too high and until we get you stable you're going to feel badly. God bless.
    My word that is sooooo scary! How amazing it is that you managed to get clean after all of that trauma . You really wanted it (thank God!). I'm gobsmacked Robert. What an amazing thing to go through on EVERY LEVEL! I will NOT be doing that!! I must have some purpose with all of the mucking around I've done on various drugs. Obviously you went through all of that for a reason too and I'm sorry you had to and I'm so glad you lived to tell!!
    As far as my little issues (and they're little compared!!)...since going to sub doc I haven't taken more than 3 mg of the benzos in one day. I just grabbed my notebook so I can make sure I'm accurately keeping track of what I'm taking/dosing and symptoms (physical and mental).

I guess I'm a little confused about what you mean by "suck it up". Do you mean get the depakote or dilantin and then not take any benzos at all to get off of them? I go back to see them Tuesday and can ask ahead of time that they call it in. I've taken the depakote in the past when I was mis-diagnosed as bi-polar and it may have been psychosymatic but I felt like driving my car off of a bridge and drove myself to a mental hospital on day 2 of taking it. That said it was years ago and I do believe it was probably an interaction to my own mental issues over the drug AND they had me on a "happy" cocktail of two SSRIs, xanax prn and the depakote. YAY - LUNACY.

I'm going to be around for a bit but feel pretty good I must say (thank God for small favors). I took 4mg of the sub and .5 xanax this am. While I'm feeling okay, I too must go brave the devil Walmart as I need a few things and being brokish, my best chance at eating will be Walmart lol.

My word that is sooooo scary! How amazing it is that you managed to get clean after all of that trauma . You really wanted it (thank God!). I'm gobsmacked Robert. What an amazing thing to go through on EVERY LEVEL! I will NOT be doing that!! I must have some purpose with all of the mucking around I've done on various drugs. Obviously you went through all of that for a reason too and I'm sorry you had to and I'm so glad you lived to tell!!
    As far as my little issues (and they're little compared!!)...since going to sub doc I haven't taken more than 3 mg of the benzos in one day. I just grabbed my notebook so I can make sure I'm accurately keeping track of what I'm taking/dosing and symptoms (physical and mental).

I guess I'm a little confused about what you mean by "suck it up". Do you mean get the depakote or dilantin and then not take any benzos at all to get off of them? I go back to see them Tuesday and can ask ahead of time that they call it in. I've taken the depakote in the past when I was mis-diagnosed as bi-polar and it may have been psychosymatic but I felt like driving my car off of a bridge and drove myself to a mental hospital on day 2 of taking it. That said it was years ago and I do believe it was probably an interaction to my own mental issues over the drug AND they had me on a "happy" cocktail of two SSRIs, xanax prn and the depakote. YAY - LUNACY.

When I say "suck it up" I just mean to cut it back from what you're doing to a smaller dose. With all you've got going taking something is okay just keep it to a minimum. You'll feel w/d symptoms from it even cutting back. But once you get stable again it will go more smoothly with the sub taper.

If you don't do well on depakote then dilantin is fine. It may not even be necessary if you're not taking too much benzo now. They are just suggestions for anti-convulsant meds. I don't have a personal preference but I used depakote myself. I also had side effects but don't know for sure if it was the depakote or me being in benzo detox. It's just a good idea to take something for preventative measures when cutting a benzo dose by more than a slow taper.

As long as you keep the benzos to a minimum it's okay. You get the idea of what I'm concerned with here. I just want you to continue breathing. God bless.

Man it upsets me to see drs handing so many benzos to people on high doses of suboxone. It's so NOT the right thing to do. Lots of drs won't even RX subs if you're on benzos. They even drug test patients to make sure. It's not your fault. But benzos and subs can cause respiratory depression. And it's not a far-off nearly impossible side effect either. It happens and they should keep benzo use down to a minimum. I know you've got some extra stress working besides the subs. I hope your little boy is doing well. I can only imagine what that does to you. But I just want you to be safe doing this. I certainly wouldn't judge.

I don't have a problem with the ambien but if you look at that list you're taking suboxone with clonazepam and alprazolam (together all that can make you stop breathing) plus they're giving you ambien on top of that. It's like they really want you to sleep a long time. It seems excessive to me even with you having ongoing anxiety issues. All of that together is a potential time bomb.

It would help to back off a little on those benzos and use the ambien as sparingly as you can. I know you need the xanax probably on Michael's bad days. That is understandable. That is my first suggestion. Can you hold it down to 1mg per day of clonazepam and no xanax except on Michael's days? If you did that and used the ambien occasionally that wouldn't be too bad. Again I just want you to be safe.

If you did that and got comfortable with those doses over the next few days then I would say to start reducing the suboxone dose by 25% of your current dose every four days. So you'll go from 12mg to 9mg to 6.5mg and so on. If you do it like that every four days you shouldn't have any problems. But I do think you should reduce the benzo intake for your own good.

The blood pressure meds, Ibuprofen, Potassium and supplements are fine. Let me know if you can handle cutting back the klonopin. I think it should be a priority. God bless.

Yes, the list is a bit scary, and though you know as well as I do (no, much better) what a relief to have the benzos on board, both physically and emotionally - I know that it must stop. The Ambien is another story...I have been on it for a year and absolutely DO NOT get a night's sleep without it. My legs are cramping so bad right now, but I will gladly forgo any benzos for muscle pain for today to have my Ambien and sleep tonite. I'm not worth anything without sleep, and me not being worth anything definitely makes me worth NOTHING to Michael. He needs me to be as close to 100% as I can be.

I will reduce the Benzos, I just will, but am a little scared of the Sub taper; I'm sure you get that fear all the time. 12 mg has been doing me just great until late afternoon when the leg cramps come back with a vengeance - they're here now and the Ibuprofen is just laughing at me. But as I said before, I will follow your instructions, just let me know how long I have left on the 12 mg., before I am cut to 9 mg, or maybe just surprise me. (lol)

As an aside, Michael has a book of every test, spinal tap, surgery, chemo session, blood draw, etc., etc. - basically evidence of everything that turned his previously relatively sane mom into a drug-addled basket-case. I think he should be able to look back and remember the times he doesn't. Please know that this next "chapter", however long it covers, will introduce the gentleman who loves God and children enough to give him his mother back. Thank you, Robert.

SmilUGotFrenchs

the more I talk about this with you and think about it, the more I realize how lucky I was. I have been through benzo w/d countless times, sometimes only days, sometimes 2-3 weeks and then recently about a month and a half. I'd be on a high dose and then run out. For me, the 6mgs a day was low compared to what I had been up to. I guess it's a miracle I didn't have some major side effects. I've encountered quite a few people who had major seizures after stopping benzos cold turkey.

That said, if I take 2-3 mg per day I'm cutting my dose in half straight away and I'm going to feel some side effects and I can deal with that. I just want to make sure I'm not making things more difficult, stretching it out longer than needed or cutting it off before I should.

I'm going to ask them for the depakote and ask THEM what they think I should do just so I can report back to you. I guess I'm pretty confident that they'll tell me I can take up to 12mg sub (they've said this already), lorazepam 1mg 3x per day, xanax 1mg 2x per day, ambien and the others as needed. THIS is the picture I have and why I'm so grateful for your help because I'm worried I may have been up to like 16mg of the subs even rather than trying to stabilize on the 8 or moving to 10 based on symptoms.

Anyway, I am starting to sketch out a bit BUT the good news? I ate a WHOLE MEAL! First time in over a week!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmlUGotFrenchs View Post
    Yes, the list is a bit scary, and though you know as well as I do (no, much better) what a relief to have the benzos on board, both physically and emotionally - I know that it must stop. The Ambien is another story...I have been on it for a year and absolutely DO NOT get a night's sleep without it. My legs are cramping so bad right now, but I will gladly forgo any benzos for muscle pain for today to have my Ambien and sleep tonite. I'm not worth anything without sleep, and me not being worth anything definitely makes me worth NOTHING to Michael. He needs me to be as close to 100% as I can be.

I will reduce the Benzos, I just will, but am a little scared of the Sub taper; I'm sure you get that fear all the time. 12 mg has been doing me just great until late afternoon when the leg cramps come back with a vengeance - they're here now and the Ibuprofen is just laughing at me. But as I said before, I will follow your instructions, just let me know how long I have left on the 12 mg., before I am cut to 9 mg, or maybe just surprise me. (lol)

As an aside, Michael has a book of every test, spinal tap, surgery, chemo session, blood draw, etc., etc. - basically evidence of everything that turned his previously relatively sane mom into a drug-addled basket-case. I think he should be able to look back and remember the times he doesn't. Please know that this next "chapter", however long it covers, will introduce the gentleman who loves God and children enough to give him his mother back. Thank you, Robert.

SmilUGotFrenchs

We're in agreement then because I would rather see you take ambien than benzos while taking subs. I'm almost militant against benzos they almost killed me. If you can get sleep for Michael and still cut back the benzos using ambien go for it.

It would be okay to cut back the sub dose in a couple days if all goes well reducing your klonopin/xanax. I wouldn't be surprised if it bothers you a little so let's just see for two days. You'll know before then if you're going to get off easy cutting the dose back or not. Then you can go forward and reduce the subs to 9mg. Stay in touch. And you're welcome when this gives Michael his mom back. God bless.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast