Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

THere is NO WAY that you'll need 90 more 8mg subs. I wouldn't blow $600 on it either unless it was absolutely necessary. That's a LOT of money. Spend it on Michael for something nice or for something for yourself that you've been wanting. Freakin sub drs piss me off. That is totally out of line. The dr I am tight with who helped me back when is Chief Of Staff at the largest rehab hospital in Houston and he only charges $125 for a visit (even for the induction) and gives a script for the patient that lasts a month. Some drs are great and others are total jerks/opportunists. If you have 70 8mg subs left still that is plenty. We can do this with 70 pills I guarantee. I would NOT give that dr another $600 if it were me. You don't need him anymore. God bless.

Default "I've felt better!"

Here's the good news: the appt. and the blood work, script, etc. are all covered on my insurance - just the copay! Yea! The bad news is the 90 Subs are 600.00, but the pharmacist is very cool; she'll dole out as many as you can afford, or need, as you need it (or can afford it). So its not do or die for the whole month. If I had to dip into the next month's worth I could do it a little at a time. But I'm gonna go with your guarantee that we can do it with what I have. And your right, I wouldn't give him $600.00 if he was on fire. I may need him for the script, you and I'll do the rest!

Here's the bad news: I feel like hell. Are you so completely educated on this subject that you knew this would be the day this would happen if I tried to pull something new out of my hat? Because you were right; oh, its not withdrawal hell by any means (been there, don't think I'll be back), but I certainly feel like ********. But honestly, I have been addicted to Norco for so long that it doesn't feel unusual. I NEVER did it for a high - it was to avoid feeling even worse. I don't even remember the last time I actually felt good, or even buzzed, if I ever even did. That's what makes it all so ridiculous. The lengths I've gone to to maintain my mundane, boring lifestyle. All about getting more pills that got me nowhere. So, I feel pretty bad, but it feels like it might just get better. The Norco days never did - what you had was pretty much what you got...Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow, maybe it'll be better. My 10 mg of Sub for the day are done, now just got a long evening in front of me.

Weird thing: as bad as it sucks, for some reason there is faint hope in there somewhere. I've never felt it before, but I think there's something different out there for me when I get over this nonsense. 6-8 weeks - piece of cake!

Happy Friday Evening!

SmlUGotFrenchs
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-30-2018 at 04:52 AM.

SMlUGotFrenchs .... The way you describe feeling in your post is exactly what I was referring to. I know how this medication works is all I can tell you. I talk with a lot of people every day.

You've got to understand how many people I've done this with. If you think about how many people read this forum and don't post there is no telling what the total would be. But there have been LOTS of people come through here over the last couple years using suboxone. I promise that we work with more people using suboxone here on this forum than any dr could possibly see in a day. It's not even close when you look at the difference in numbers and our people usually end up clean here. Lots of places can't say that. Our success rate is phenomenal and that is a fact.

Just keep doing as suggested and you're going to end up clean after all is said and done. That is very cool! And Michael is going to get his mom back as an added bonus. God bless.

xisolationx is offline Member

Hey there. So it's been a couple of days since I posted. My internet went down and I just got it back. On top of that, I've been dealing with some of the financial issues that the whole oxy thing brought on.

That said, I have been feeling a bit miserable. I'm still doing the 10mg subs and it's been a week Thursday. I'm on 2 mg xanax (sometimes 2.5 but trying to eliminate the .5 in the afternoon most days).

I have the worst nightmares over the last 4 days and honestly, the back pain is back with a vengeance and I feel pretty creeped out. Most days, my appetite is good - mostly back to normal. So, all told, I guess I'm doing okay. I have no desire to go back to the oxy but I think reality has finally kicked in that this isn't so easy either. Part of what I'm dealing with is the fact that I don't have a pill to make me feel better anymore and while there is so much good in that realization, it's not simple.

I am posting so you'll know I'm still here fighting the good fight. That said, I go back to the doctor again Monday. Last week I was very creeped out by them.

Anyway, what matters is that I figure out what could be causing the nightmares, if I should be tapering my dose yet etc.

Also, my sleep schedule is very messed up. I have been going to bed earlier now - 11pm at the latest and I wake up around 4am and am unable to go back to sleep. The doctor prescribed me some ambien cr but the day I took it, same thing happened so no point in adding that to the mix if it doesn't even help so I haven't taken it again.

C.h.A.n.G.e is offline New Member

Question suoxone questions.....

I am currently on suboxone I take a half in the morning and another half around lunch and another half about 7 or 8. I started 2 weeks ago this past Wednesday. He started me out on one in the morning and one in the late afternoon with a RX of Abien to sleep because I quit taking xanax 1 week prior to seeing the doctor and that alone was driving me crazy....no sleep, emotional state....OUT OF CONTROL!!! But I found that taking a half in the morning was enough and taking a whole one made me feel high. By the way... In addition to the xanax I was taking 8-10 loritab (10mg) a day, if not more some days and prior to seeing the doctor I tapered myself down to 2 a day, then the day before my appointment NOTHING. That was a day from HE double hockey sticks!! NOW 5 months prior to this I was on it for the first time and that doctor gave me a 30 day supply and when it was gone I did not go back and was sick as a dog for a week straight and lost 15 pounds SO I went cold turkey anyway. THEN went STUPID and got mixed up with them again so now here I am again and I DO NOT want to go through a week of what I went through before and want to know how long I should stay on these?? I have already started tapering myself down and some days I have been good with taking a half in the morning and a half late afternoon and ambien to sleep....I like this doctor better and will probably go back to see him next month just because I want him to help me with the tapering down and doing it in a way that I dont go to my death bed when I start taking nothin. Curious to know what some of you guys have experienced.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-25-2009 at 03:11 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar...lol

Default Xanax and Subovone

Not here to express anything but empathy; God knows I have no common sense in this regard. I am experiencing so much of the same that you are: exhaustion, frustration, impatience, lack of sleep, nightmares when I CAN sleep. Let me just say that I feel noticibly stronger than when I started this route, and when I arrived here, it was a "dogpile" to defend against the evil stranger (me). But it will always stay with me that you came to my defense, expressing to these people that YOU know that I might be something more than a mouthy idiot, I might just not know how to say it rightl I needed that defense and a friend at the same time so badly at that point; I hope you can know how much you helped me and know that the offer and desire is to find a similar way to help you when you really need it. I feel a lot of us are out here in the shadows waiting to offer what help we can; thank you for stepping out of the shadows and trying to bring this newcomer into the light. I'll remember - I remember things like that: friendship, loyalty, etc. Hoping for a great weekend for you!

SmlUGotFrenchs
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-30-2018 at 04:50 AM.

I will be happy to help you but the first thing I have to point out is that you're taking probably twice (minimum) the amount of subs that you need. Not hardly anyone need 12mg. That needs to come down drastically. You need to begin tapering IMMEDIATELY or you'll end up in a mess listening to the instructions you've been receiving. Yes I know you'r seeing a dr and so was almost everyone else here who ends up tripping because the dr gets them in a mess. Here is a link on sub therapy the way I suggest using it and tapering down. Read the INDUCTION section. You'll see how much different it is than the way you were done. Then let me know if you want my help. Read around the forum on the other sub threads. You will be back here screaming for help if you don't change what you're doing NOW. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-30-2018 at 04:53 AM.

It isn't the subs ONLY that is making you feel like that, at least not entirely the subs. You're also trying to hold down your xanax down to a minimum and you're feeling xanax w/d primarily. That is one of the most difficult tapers there is off benzos.

If you're at 2.5mg do you feel better? If so I think it's time to hold it there and start focusing on lowering that sub dose now. Talk to me. Tell me your honest feelings about how it would make you feel if you maintained the xanax dose.

I HATE xanax and subs together. It's really not cool to do. But you are where you are and we have to deal with that. I will wait for your reply before making more suggestions. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-30-2018 at 04:51 AM.

Default Xanax and Suboxone

Got up early and started moving around, trying to keep a mood going, but it didn't last long. I took my boy to get highlights in his hair so he'd look like a surfer dude on our trip next week to Sea World - so fun he loved it! - and couldn't even stay awake in the chair watching him. I'm really concerned about maintaining wakefulness driving on the road to S.A.. Anyway, 4 mgs. Sub (in 2 sections) this AM and a 1 mg. Klonopin this AM. Two more 2 mg. Subs (in 2 sections) a little later this aftrnoon, then a .5 Xanax. My legs are cramping so badly it feels like I've been slammin >>>>>> for the past two days; Ibuprofen, heating pads, hot bath, nothing is helping. We went and bought a new vacuum cleaner and I can't even cross my legs to have my feet laying on the hardwood floor to assemble it they're so swollen and hurtingl Should have tossed that last bottle of Norco in the trash - I can't believe I'm actually thinking in terms of temptation. I am so disgusting to myself right now, I can barely stand my own company.

I'm saving my last 2 mg Sub for nearer to bedtime. Tomorrow's gotta be better than today.

SmlUGotFrenchs

shaynes302 is offline New Member

It sounds like you have helped a lot of people get off subs. I am currently taking 4mg 1 time a day and want off so bad I cant stand it but cant go thru the withdrawls due to my job. My son of 21 has found out I am taking them from my soon to be x wife and he is on me hard to get off of them and with me and the wife seperating he is going thru a lot and I dont want my problems to put more on his plate. Can you help me get off of them without going thru the w/d? My doctor also has me on other medications I trully think he is just wanting me to be there every month to help make his house payment he could care less is I ever stop. So is there a way to get off this drug slowly wothout going into bad w/d and are you interested in helping me? Any help you can give me would be great. I really just want to be drug free not only for me but so I can look my son in the eyes again and not feel like a total loser.

Default Xanax and Suboxone

Starting Day 4 of 10mgs Sub - doesn't seem cause for celebration, all the w/d that were nowhere to be seen are all manifesting themselves: aching body, headache, SEVERE leg cramps, etc. The good side of that is that some of the others are not around yet - diarreah, vomiting, etc. But the indicators that I expected from my body letting me know that I was ready to titrate down by 25%are not there. And that is the question I've been laying here for hours wondering: I am not ready to go down to 7.5 yet, am I? I want to do this right and my body doesn't feel right.

Another thing I'm obsessing about...how am I going to be okay to drive 4-5 hrs. to S.A. next weekend? Please tell me any/everything I can do this week to prepare to make this upcoming trip safe and fun.

And why does it all have to go straight to my legs - they are cramping like there's no tomorrow?

Happy Sunday!

SmlUGotFrenchs

This is why I was throwing a fit a couple days ago about dropping by so much. No you are not ready to reduce again to anything less than you're taking. You should start feeling better over the next couple days or we'll bump the dose. You have to be stable. That is the most important thing about this.

One of my other guys who stopped subs after three plus years on 32mg posted yesterday I believe. Have another girl doing the same thing too on the same amount for almost four years. Have another person at six years on subs. So you can do this too. Hang in there.

I will have you feeling fine by next weekend. You'll be okay if you continue to go along with me. I've only had a couple people I couldn't get straightened out and stabilized on subs in a week. And they didn't use large amounts prior to tapering. God bless.

I knew in my gut I was right about this one...maybe if you had done my induction, maybe had I done EVERYTHING you said, maybe maybe maybe.. Anyway, I'll be a soldier this week and good to go by Friday. I trust this because I trust you.

By the way, I did some counting this AM (which was a really bizarre feeling!); I have 59 8 mg Subs left, not 70-75. But I think I told you about being able to buy the next RX in portions if I need them, so no worries. Well, some worries, they're still expensive, but not $600.00 worries.

I appreciate your concern and attention to my issues, Robert. It's so important to me to know that someone is paying attention - its making all the difference.

Enjoy the rest (of the weekend!)!

SmlUGotFrenchs

I will help you but I need to know what other meds you're on if you would share that with me. I don't want to give you any advice that would be harmful to you. Here is a link that explains how I base my suggestions stoppin subs. It's the way I used them myself. God bless.

I'm actually at 2 mg xanax per day and 10mg sub. I feel like I have to do SOMETHING because right now, all I want to do is sleep. Yesterday, I fell asleep for two hours during the day then in then slept from 7pm until 5am this morning. I DO NOT feel normal at all.

Okay then let's reduce the sub dose starting tomorrow. It's time to do it anyway. Drop down to 8mg by taking two 4mg doses. Take them the same time you've been taking it. Let's give it four days and plan on dropping then to 6mg on Tuesday if all goes well.

I really believe this is going to start getting easier for you soon. We've had to make up for where you started and the fact that you're dealing with both subs and xanax. That's a tough combo to come down on. If you've been on 2mg of xanax for at least two weeks then drop to 1.5mg. But wait until you've done the 8mg without incident through the weekend.

We'll obviously talk between now and Sunday. Hope this helps. God bless.

I think that sounds good . I am seeing a new doctor today (why I don't know other than to make sure I have enough subs to finish) and will report how that goes.

I have been down from 2.5-3 mg of the xanax for about 3 days now on 2mg. I'm feeling WEIRD. The doctor says I'm not stable and have to go somewhere else for insurance reasons but they agreed that I'd be off it in 6-8 weeks when I started this two weeks ago today? Confusing :eek!

oh boy! So the new doctor wants me to take suboxone rather than subutex, agrees that it's okay to reduce to 8mg per day but here is the kicker...

"Our program is 10-13 months because the 6-8 week stabilization and taper is a revolving door to relapse". I am in pain, chronic pain. That said, I am NOT interested in being on this for 13 months because he THINKS they have a 95% success rate grrrrrrrr.

So, I've taken the 8mgs today and can stay here for now as I feel fine and a bit less sleepy.

I cannot imagine if i had to have gone to this second doc first and not found you. I'd really have been in a deep hole!!!!!!!

Feeling good today - had enough energy after working to come home and pack; and I still haven't passed out from sheer exhaustion! I think its been really beneficial eliminating the Xanax from my system - I just feel like I've woken up, physically and mentally. Tomorrow is Day 4 of 8 mgs., 4 pretty good days (some unremarkable leg cramps - nothing that can't be dealt with) - feeling good about the weekend, but especially about the dose drop next week!

I'm really encouraged today, Robert. Thank you for getting me here.

SmlUGotFrenchs

xisolationx ....Don't listen to that nonsense. They act like subs are a cure. You have to want to stay clean or you'll relapse no matter what you're doing. Just do the next right thing. God bless.

You did it for yourself. I'm just making suggestions based on what you say.

You're beginning to get stabilized now. Remember when I told you that it never takes over a week? You'll be okay for the weekend.

I won't even say you can't have any xanax. Just use caution on the amount and what you're doing when you take it. Be careful. Only take the xanax if you need it.

Have a good weekend with Michael and be ready to get into the taper when you get back. You're going to have fun watching your dose go down I can see it now. You're doing good! God bless.

* doing a stupid little "happy dance" *

antr357 is offline New Member

I didn't have time to read ALL the replies, but to answer your question: the warning Reckitt was forced to include (regarding benzos & Subs) in their pamphlet came about because a few addicts in France were combing injectable benzodiazapines and buprenorphine in high doses and died. Medical doctors confused the facts... hence the warnings. Although I DO NOT believe Xanax and Suboxone is a good idea 2 - 8mg Suboxone and 1 stick will not kill you. It will SEVERELY impair your memory and good judgement though.
    I am NOT an MD but have been taking benzodiazapines and Suboxone for years.

antr357 ... I've also done enough drugs at any given time to kill most people and did it lots of times. Not bragging just making a point. That doesn't mean I would say it's okay for others to do on this forum.

Fact is people stop breathing mixing these drugs, it's happened lots of times mixing subs and benzos, so it's not the wise thing to recommend or suggest that it's okay to do. I personally don't want it on my conscience that I told someone it was okay to do something that could cause them to suffer respiratory depression and stop breathing. That's just me. God bless.

Default SOBER vacation

07-24-2009, 04:36 PM
    SmlUGotFrenchs
    Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2009

Xanax and Suboxone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robert_325

You should buy 8mg subs. They cost just a little more than the 2mg and go a LOT farther. If you would get another thirty 8mg subs you should probably have plenty. And that should take only ONE dr appt. Just tell him that is how many you need and that you refuse to take anymore 2mg pills. It's nothing more than institutionalized thievery selling 2mg for almost as much as 8mg subs.

You should be completely off in 6-8 weeks if we do this where you don't have a bunch of w/d symptoms. I could have had you off in six weeks total had I done the induction myself but we're having to compensate for the mistakes the dr made. They mess up as many patients as they help using subs. In fact they probably do more harm than good when they RX 24mg like they told you and so many others.

We'll get you totally clean. Just relax. We have to go by what our body tells us not some sub dr who took an 8 hour class on subs and thinks he/she is a wizard when they don't know as much as you know now. God bless.

Okay, I'm a little confused. Using what I need to finish this and flushing the last of them would be great if it wouldn't be so much like flushing money down the toilet. I don't have any desire to flaunt being clean to anybody - this is for me and my son. At first you were insistent that I wouldn't need another 90. Then you were certain that 30 more would do it. Now you're saying it wouldn't hurt anything to fill a script of 90 and then I'll be clean, so who cares? I know I used a little bit more than you estimated when first attempting the taper, but I didn't go nuts or anything. A script of 90 Subutex is $793.99. A script of 45 is $398.99. That is a big difference - and a huge difference to a single parent. If we could try to estimate a little closer what I need, that would be so much more beneficial to me than planning on throwing away what I don't need. I can't throw away money.

I see your point. Sometimes I probably don't think as much about it when it's not my money. I understand for sure. So tell me how many pills do you have right now? Most people can do this with 90 pills total. You may need a few extra but I wouldn't fill a 90 pill script now. They are good for a year I believe. Wait until you need more and if you do we can figure how many more you'll need then. The pharmacy will give you any portion of the script you ask for. That would probably be more prudent. God bless.

I've got 44 Suboxone and a script for 90 Subutex. If I get 45 more, I'd rather start with the Subutex, then the small doses of leftover Suboxone could be used to wind this thing up, and I'd get less of whatever is in it that turns my legs into elephant legs. Or I could start with 20 and see if the different drugs make any difference at all.

It is sometimes quite difficult to come across like you mean to online; I was afraid you might think I was being ugly. What a relief to get your reply -- I just don't have the cash to waste and I appreciate your understanding.

I would much rather do this with the subutex. I prefer it always as suboxone has naloxone. It sometimes (not always) causes problems.

If you get 45 subutex plus with what suboxone you have left I can't imagine us needing any more than that. You could get 20 but will the pharmacy allow you to do that and not lose the rest of the script? I can't imagine them allowing you to take it out in too many trips before they would say no. Then you would need another dr appt if you ran out.

If the subutex do start working better for you then you probably won't want to even use the rest of the suboxone. I've seen it happen and no one wants to take a med if they know it affects them adversely. So think about what's best for you. God bless.

antr357 is offline New Member

Robert_325
    I don't want to be misunderstood, part of my quote was "Although I DO NOT believe Xanax and Suboxone is a good idea ..." my personal belief is that the low dose Sue is speaking of, in MY OPINION, will not kill her.
    I was just tring to dispell the pervasive attitude of many doctors today that comes from the large doses of IV buprenorphine and benzodiazapines people overdosed on (doctors don't want to get sued).
    Remember...the difference between a poison and a cure is dosage. My 1st year Toxicology professor told us this on our first day and it always stuck in my mind.
    I sincerely hope my advice was not misunderstood.
    I am not a Medical doctor, although besides stuggling with addictin, I have degrees in Toxicology and Chemisty (I AM NOT BRAGGING), please don't take it that way.
    Peace, Love and Recovery - Read the "Secret" if you get the chance.

I don't know enough about Sue's medical history to say that it won't kill her and you don't either. You're basing your opinion on your personal history. I understand where you're coming from but I still maintain that giving advice that is best for the masses is the way to go on a drug forum. I won't be responsible for hurting anyone. This is serious telling people what meds to take and that it won't hurt them. God bless.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast