Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Like Tree23Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    Eve1313420 is offline New Member

okay as a long time addict i will definitely say that it gets me through it and yesthey are fine to takethem together...
    Jkdimsdale likes this.

Eve1313420 is offline New Member

xanex does HELP me sleep and makes me hungry and takes my mind of wanting touse again

Jkdimsdale is offline New Member

Suboxone has saved my life... Many times over. My dr calls it the miracle medicine...

Lorinajoan is offline New Member

Default What right do u have?!?

Addicts CAN recover. My sister recovered from addiction without treatment and I'm proud to say she has been sober 6 years no relapse. What right do you people have to say once and addict always an addict. You are what's wrong with society. Addicts are sick. It's an actual illness! Your childish insults not only discourage those who are struggling but prove that you are immature and uneducated. They need support and factual information not opinions from some moron with no medical insight. Grow up and keep your comments for Facebook where other morons might appreciate u. Also there are patients asking about dosage and timing not addicts on this comment forum. Too those who are battling addiction, keep trying. You may slip but you can recover God bless you.
    Toby3610 likes this.

Claphambupe is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frances Gail View Post
    I just started taking Suboxone for combination pain relief and to help get off of other pain meds. The biggest problem I'm having right now is it is very difficult to start urinating--not painful, I'm just not urinating nearly as much as I normally do. It isn't changed in color. I also am very constipated. Anybody else with similar problems.
    Try tamsulosin 400ug ( micro grammes) once day, problem is because the opiates numb the feeling in your bladder. Nothing to worry about

Londpharm

Claphambupe is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    No I think you hit the button for it to go the question board which is another place on the web site. But that is okay. I don't think you should automatically take another 4mg tonight. You likely shouldn't need it. Most inductions I do usually work out at 6mg. I bet you're fine right there. You start out at a small dose and you'll finish up more easily. I promise you that I'm right.

I totally disagree about the lorazepam. It's not good to take benzos with subutex. It can cause side effects resulting in respiratory depression. They shouldn't be handing out those meds. It's totally unnecessary and drs should know better. That annoys me.

My suggestion is stay at 6mg. Let me know later this evening how you're doing. Don't take any lorazepam with the subutex. You shouldn't need the ambien either if you're stabilized properly during the induction. But better the ambien than the lorazepam. Keep me posted. God bless.
    I'm a bit surprised they gave you sub plus sedative plus a hypnotic. Bupe has half life of 24/36 hours 4 mg is best to start but please please just dose once a day. You may need to go to 8 or even 16 but again take them all in one dose. Any dose above 16 mg will block itself and have no effect

Best of luck in your recovery londonpharm

JayJolie is offline New Member

I take Xanax or Klonopin with my Subutex I get from the clinic. I just try to go easy on my benzo's because of risk factor. I'm new to taking the Subutex so I only use the benzo's to help with WD's while I'm waiting to get on my correct dosage level.

Lcrich is offline New Member

It's almost like mixing oxy or Percocet, it intensifies the Xanax, just not as much as the pure opiates. Suboxone is one of the worst Ponzi schemes ever, yet to meet anyone who isn't way over prescribed and that's why they r so readily available on the street and also why no one actually recovers using suboxone. I wish everyday that I could switch back to 300 mgs of Percocet a day and go cold turkey from that tgan trying to come off suboxone alone, it's merely trading one addiction for another that has worse withdrawals that last far longer than oxy, percs or >>>>>>, I could and have gone cold turkey with opiates, week later I'd be fine. Haven't taken a perc in years but am miserable because I'm physically dependent on suboxone, a drug I hate taking but the withdrawals are so bad that it's the ultimate money making scam.
    Even when doing enough opiates to kill 3 horses everyday for years, there's never been a need to even even take a full 8 mg suboxone pill, a half is more than enough even for the worst addicts and most don't use $300-$500 per day as I did at one time yet they immediately get prescribed 16-24 mgs per day when 2 mgs would actually stay effective for the better part of 48 hours which is the half life.

If u haven't started suboxone, don't, beg for sub item instead but they usually only prescribe to pregnant women but there is no withdrawal and it's far more effective than suboxone. Only difference is that it doesn't have the blocker so u can use and still get high so it doesn't have the deterrent factor but for people who r actually serious about getting clean, by far your best option is subutex, methadone & suboxone r just trading an illegal addiction for a much worse but legal addiction because it's big , big, for profit business.
    subsandxanax likes this.

DaveFe1012 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by crony419 View Post
    first, baddd idea to mix benzodiazepines with any narcotic. I accidentally overdosed 5 years ago when i was taking methadone for pain, and klonopin for anxiety. I was on a high dose of klonopin and had taken them together for a while. I was having really bad anxiety and took more than normal, but not a dangerous amount of klonopin alone. My breathing rate dropped to two breaths per minute and i almost died. Even if taking them together works for you, i don't recommend it at all. And if you plan on drinking, forget about it, you'll be dead with that combo.
    have you ever heard of just taking one of each

DaveFe1012 is offline New Member

Have you ever heard of taking personal responsibility for your actions the government is not your mommy if you ever take the amount they say to on the pill bottle you will be in a detox the next thing you know remember doctors get paid to write prescriptions and while there all on there boats on vacation people like us are sweating and >>>>ting our brains out so if you dont consider yourself a junkie you should never post here again get off your high horse your a junkie dont act like taking pills is any different from shooting up you low life loser

subsandxanax is offline New Member

Default i've been taking the combo since 2009. it saved my life although i wish ....

Quote Originally Posted by Sue2013 View Post
    I am taking 16mg of suboxone a day. I am also taking 2mg of xanax daily. Now, I hear that this combo is dangerous? Anyone know why? I have never had any adverse reactions so I am curious. Any info on this topic would be apprecaited!

<>< Peace Sue
    I do wish I could eventually be completely drug free (other than a vitamin daily!!!)
    Best to you,
    J.

Default you are right!!!!! I am living proof also! I have 4 children/now widowed

Quote Originally Posted by Jkdimsdale View Post
    Suboxone has saved my life... Many times over. My dr calls it the miracle medicine...
    If Suboxone wasn't around and I was still using, how on earth could I take care of myself much less these four dear, amazing children???

Suboxone gets a bad name because of the under or UNeducated vocal.

My husband was KILLED two years ago (walking he was struck by speeding car) and if I hadn't gotten clean five years prior, I don't know how I'd be surviving today.

I am THANKFUL for Suboxone.

I am actually a NP so I can write scripts and trust me.........I could have been in a while different place than I am now if it wasn't for Suboxone and my amazing doctor. I guess I will give myself some credit too

I get so annoyed when I drop in on an NA group (Narcotics Anonymous) and they look down on those using Suboxone. I guess they feel we aren't DRUG FREE but in my opinion (and through my medical education and knowledge of pharmacology......) it's truly a blessing to have Suboxone around- it is preventing addicts from getting high and we ARE clean. Suboxone SHOULD, however, not be used forever and I am terrified of the day I have to give it up. Maybe I just really will take it forever.......like some have to take blood pressure pills, etc. You would never deny a diabetic their insulin!
    Toby3610 likes this.

Default I could not have said it better!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lcrich View Post
    It's almost like mixing oxy or Percocet, it intensifies the Xanax, just not as much as the pure opiates. Suboxone is one of the worst Ponzi schemes ever, yet to meet anyone who isn't way over prescribed and that's why they r so readily available on the street and also why no one actually recovers using suboxone. I wish everyday that I could switch back to 300 mgs of Percocet a day and go cold turkey from that tgan trying to come off suboxone alone, it's merely trading one addiction for another that has worse withdrawals that last far longer than oxy, percs or >>>>>>, I could and have gone cold turkey with opiates, week later I'd be fine. Haven't taken a perc in years but am miserable because I'm physically dependent on suboxone, a drug I hate taking but the withdrawals are so bad that it's the ultimate money making scam.
    Even when doing enough opiates to kill 3 horses everyday for years, there's never been a need to even even take a full 8 mg suboxone pill, a half is more than enough even for the worst addicts and most don't use $300-$500 per day as I did at one time yet they immediately get prescribed 16-24 mgs per day when 2 mgs would actually stay effective for the better part of 48 hours which is the half life.

If u haven't started suboxone, don't, beg for sub item instead but they usually only prescribe to pregnant women but there is no withdrawal and it's far more effective than suboxone. Only difference is that it doesn't have the blocker so u can use and still get high so it doesn't have the deterrent factor but for people who r actually serious about getting clean, by far your best option is subutex, methadone & suboxone r just trading an illegal addiction for a much worse but legal addiction because it's big , big, for profit business.

You sound so much like me!!!!!! It is CRAZY

I feel no high whatsoever for Suboxone and now I have to take it forever and I'd rather go back to my freakin' percs/oxys/vics/whatever I could get.

You summed up everything very well

The only time I do feel good is when I take my 4mg Xanax with the sub strip (8/2) - I had some kinda rush but then fell right to sleep !!!!! SILLY......

Default I have been taking them together for many years w/o issue! all the best! n/t

I take 8/2 sub strip in the am and a few times i forgot to take my strip and did so when I got home, and then just minutes later took my 4mg xanax dose (I'm on 2mg Xanax, 4 times daily).
    I also take Lasix because I can't urinate while taking Suboxone AND I get all swelled up from not being able to pee......Also on Cymbalta (anti-depressant). 4 meds daily, lovely!
    Best of wishes to you !!!!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516