Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 464
Like Tree23Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
  1. #61
    suboxone is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I am taking 16mg of suboxone a day. I am also taking 2mg of xanax daily. Now, I hear that this combo is dangerous? Anyone know why? I have never had any adverse reactions so I am curious. Any info on this topic would be apprecaited!

    <>< Peace Sue

    If your doc prescribed it, I am sure it is SAFE (my doc happened to prescribe the same combo)

    If you are uncomfortable, however............ask the doc. Give him a quick call to ease your mind :0)

    One day at a time! peace to you

  2. #62
    suboxone is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frances Gail View Post
    I just started taking Suboxone for combination pain relief and to help get off of other pain meds. The biggest problem I'm having right now is it is very difficult to start urinating--not painful, I'm just not urinating nearly as much as I normally do. It isn't changed in color. I also am very constipated. Anybody else with similar problems.
    VERY COMMON problem. Many patients complain of delayed urination, bladder infection symptoms (inability to urinate even though you have a strong urge)

    I only urinated ONE TIME IN THREE DAYS and I finally called the doc, thinking there may be a connection to the suboxone and xanax. My doc is wonderful: took his time explaining that suboxone causes trouble with the bladder............LASIX has one the trick !!!

    Lasix is a "water pill" - it really works well. My legs looked like tree trunks from all the swelling :-(

    As your doc about lasix! Good for you on getting on the suboxone. It has been a wonder drug for me! I was having a 25 hydrocodone a day habit. Now I am free from all but Suboxone and the occassional Xanax. PEACE! One day at a time................................

  3. #63
    suboxone is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by todd1 View Post
    I'm on methadone now and want to get off. Im on about 40mg a day but i hate going to the clinic even though i have six take homes. I would like to try suboxone and you sound like you have had good experience with it. Is there a certain amoung of mg i have to be on before switching over? And how much suboxone is a good amount to start with. I am six feet and very muscular at 230 lbs. Will that affect me? I live a very productive life and run a company, so i can't be feeling ****py or incapacitated at all. Any help would be appreciated.

    T

    Suboxone was a wonder cure for me. I did NOT want to go away to rehab (I love being close to my family) BUT I needed help

    Suboxone is a wonderful drug.......a miracle if you will ! If you need more info, email me please!

  4. #64
    methadoner is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default nervous

    i have been doing any pills i can get for a while now about 4 years and methadone tramadol and oxy xanax tabs basically any pain killers were my main ones and i heard of suboxone but am nervous to go to the dpctor about i get sick without taking anything any answers?

  5. #65
    bev49 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    queens, ny
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Todd, I was on methadone for a very long time (decades). I didn't think anything would ever get me off. I had gotten myself down to 20 mgs., 1x a week pick up like you but I was sick of being tied to a clinic and the stigma attached. You need to be on a dose lower than 30 to switch over. I switched over from the 20. You NEED to take NO methadone or any opiate for 3 days. You must be in at least partial withdrawal or the sub will put you in withdrawal. Anyway, for me the sub was like a miracle. I had taken my last 20 mgs. of methadone on a sunday morning. Was miserable by wednesday morning when I went to the doc for first sub dose. He gave me 8 mgs. and with a half hour i was 100% fine. I am on my second week of sub. Taking 8 2x a day and I must say, I am having no problem with it at all. It really works. I don't know if weight and height have anything to do with anything, speak to the doctor about that. But I know if you go down to 30 mgs meth, take nothing for 3 days, then start sub, you won't believe it.

  6. #66
    bev49 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    queens, ny
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I would NOT suggest getting off methadone cold turkey. I have seen people try but never succeed. The withdrawal from methadone, if you've been on it for awhile, can last for months or at least several weeks. When there is a drug as good as suboxone, why would anyone want to suffer like that? If taken correctly, starting at about 16 mgs. and day and weaning slowing for approximately 12 weeks, the addiction to meth is broken and the addiction to suboxone is way less horrible. This is just my opinion. Was on a meth program for many years and couldn't even imagine a c/t detox.

  7. #67
    rhiannonSF is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suboxone View Post
    If your doc prescribed it, I am sure it is SAFE (my doc happened to prescribe the same combo)

    If you are uncomfortable, however............ask the doc. Give him a quick call to ease your mind :0)

    One day at a time! peace to you

    I also take the same thing. My doctor prescribes me Suboxone, 2 8mg pills a day, and then Xanax 2 2mg pills a day in the evening.

    I have been on this for months and I'm doing fine.

  8. #68
    oldaddict is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi, I'm new here.......but not new to the topic. I was addicted to >>>>>>/Dilaudid/morphine/any opiate I could get my hands on(no OC back then) from 1979 to 1983. I got on methadone maint., was on it from 83-86........it saved my life. Been pretty much clean until last June, F'd up my back real bad..... been taking A LOT of hydrocodone 10/325 all summer. Last
    week went through 180 pills in 12 days, scared the hell out of me. Finally got a Doc that understands my constant pain. He prescribed me Suboxone and Xanax for 2 weeks, want's to detox me from the hydro, and then start on something strong made for long term use. But, being on the hydrocodone, even for a legitimate reason, brought back those old cravings. I'm 2 days into the Suboxone, and its doing a great job on keeping me from getting sick, but not much for the pain. Due to my back condition, and the fact that I do a pretty physical job, they're telling me I may be on pain meds for a very long time. Kinda weird, the stuff I almost ruined my life with more than 20 yrs ago, will improve the quality of my life now. And it's a hell of a lot cheaper when it's legal.

  9. #69
    sara874 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    Taking these two drugs together can cause additional drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, confusion or respiratory-depressant effects in some people.
    yeah that right it can cause all of this, my sister suffered this when taking this combination of med

  10. #70
    theb0x is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    WTF?? your rambling is utterly incoherent. seriously, what the HELL are you talking about?




    Quote Originally Posted by zeukii View Post
    [|)]kcollinn4..found your answers/questions to your generic oxycontin 80mg.s question yet? Do you take them for recreation..fun? Just asking.I think your answer will tell me a wee bit of you. I'm waiting. Oh, and by the by , there are addict's who try and do go on to productive live's. For the majority of those how espouse that getting 'straight' is 'IMPOSSIBLE' they are WRONG!Those who don't want to give up their addiction will claim that they are still and forever will be physically addicted. I've played all the games all the angles.Abstenence is a real thing..a way of life. Ten years ago I would have scoffed at such a notion. I grew up. Looked around. People I knew...wicked WAY stonies (ME..ME) and needle cushions(ME) began to change and I guess you'd call it cold turkey posistion, a kind of status ( ludicrous because after their initial programming they steered CLEAR of the drugs and clinics that would have kept them slaves to the little van on the corner of Essex and Gardner St.s for ther daily fix of methadone. Need I say more?
    What I'm trying to say is ALL dopers, NO matter how or how much they've been doing, they CAN GET FREE...free of that demon that only work's to eventually see us ALL dead. When I say I KNOW...Lord know's I KNOW!!! Drug's that keep us bound to them, held fast,constrained, compelled and in a weird sense that one can't control, we feel physycally 'obligated to.
    I know that this answer seems like fluff especially to such a heavy question/problem but someone had to answer it. I've known many good folks who've mixed it up and planned on a just doing the "RIGHT" thing...planning on a good time. They were found an toilet's at the s********************iest get to togethers and some nice skiing trip's that by ourselves we never could have arrainged ....I won't go on. There wern't all that many 'blow out weekends' but we had our own really fantastic folk's and and tried to stay on very, and I mean oh so VERY BEST BEHAVIOR " for our parents and siblibg's and Aunt's and Uncle's and Nana's and Grampa's. It didn't alway's work. It didn't alway's we work because we thought we knew more, we knew better. Some reunions ended in anger..some in the older set against their younger family members and finally those who were screaming back and forth so much that it took an hour or two before they finally realized one of my strapping, healthy, handsome, loving and pride of the CLAN'S litter had stopped breathing down by the boathouse.[?][?]

  11. #71
    theb0x is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    you agree? with WHAT? haha. well, perhaps you can translate for the rest of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by goinseagle View Post
    I so agree with zuekii I am sick and tired of people who saY "once a junlie always a junkie" Do they just get their kicks coming into forums and putting people down who are here legitimatly voicing their opinion or just asking for advice. GET A GRIP Leave people alone you are part of the problem not part of the solution!!!!!!!!

  12. #72
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Bottom line is that xanax and suboxone are a dangerous combination. Drs who know what they are doing seldom prescribe these drugs together and especially not in any significant dose. Granted some people take these meds together and don't have any problems. Some people also drink a half gallon of scotch with xanax and don't die but that doesn't make it a smart thing to do. God bless. .

  13. #73
    crazytimes is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Bottom line is that xanax and suboxone are a dangerous combination. Drs who know what they are doing seldom prescribe these drugs together and especially not in any significant dose. Granted some people take these meds together and don't have any problems. Some people also drink a half gallon of scotch with xanax and don't die but that doesn't make it a smart thing to do. God bless. .

    Good idea to get off the xanax and switch to clonipin. It's the subutex of xanax. It has the long half life so you don't have to worry about taking it but a couple times a day. Embarrassing when you are out and your eyes start to turn pink because you have not takin' your z on time. plus, you get rid of that high feeling that z gives you.

    For me, I took sub and z togther for 1 and 1/2 years and there was no problem. Every body is different, but my doc. certainly didn't have a heart attack about it. In fact, he scares me with mixing all these meds together for me to get off the subutex and z. I pray every night I will wake up.

    On a different note. I just got off the phone with this amino acid IV use 10 day program. $12,000. You have an IV in you for 10 hours a day just feeding your brain all that it lost in the year and then you feel great.

    Does anyone know about this, or have done this.

    They have one in Orange county, and Georgia and Miss.
    Thinking about doing it but hate to be gone from kids and hub for so long and then the cost of the program, is insanely expensive if it does not work.

    anyones thoughs.

    hate being on 7 days of withdrawl from a 1 and 1/12 of subutex. Of course my doc. told me it would be like having a mild flu for a week, and the pharmists said the same. I think that was for the people that use subs for a couple weeks.

    thanks for anyone's research, or....should I save the money and bear this 4 -6 month depresssion no energy, sweating, sickness out?

    Thanks

  14. #74
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazytimes View Post
    Good idea to get off the xanax and switch to clonipin. It's the subutex of xanax. It has the long half life so you don't have to worry about taking it but a couple times a day. Embarrassing when you are out and your eyes start to turn pink because you have not takin' your z on time. plus, you get rid of that high feeling that z gives you.

    For me, I took sub and z togther for 1 and 1/2 years and there was no problem. Every body is different, but my doc. certainly didn't have a heart attack about it. In fact, he scares me with mixing all these meds together for me to get off the subutex and z. I pray every night I will wake up.

    On a different note. I just got off the phone with this amino acid IV use 10 day program. $12,000. You have an IV in you for 10 hours a day just feeding your brain all that it lost in the year and then you feel great.

    Does anyone know about this, or have done this.

    They have one in Orange county, and Georgia and Miss.
    Thinking about doing it but hate to be gone from kids and hub for so long and then the cost of the program, is insanely expensive if it does not work.

    anyones thoughs.

    hate being on 7 days of withdrawl from a 1 and 1/12 of subutex. Of course my doc. told me it would be like having a mild flu for a week, and the pharmists said the same. I think that was for the people that use subs for a couple weeks.

    thanks for anyone's research, or....should I save the money and bear this 4 -6 month depresssion no energy, sweating, sickness out?

    Thanks


    That is totally unnecessary. All you have to do is taper the correct way. I will help you taper for a lot less than $15K. That is nuts.

  15. #75
    jillg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Hey Robert you are to funny. You probably weren't trying to be but that was cute less than 15k.

    You really could be a billionaire by now with all the help you give.

    Hope all is well. Thanks again for all your support.

    Love,
    Jill

  16. #76
    im_anonymous is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default This sounds great

    Someone offered me a suboxone today. I have tried this before and it felt great. I took it for recreational use. I was never exactly sure what suboxone was prescribed for and was curious so I tried to do a little research today and I came across this forum... Well, it's hard for me to admit this but my use of pain medication (mostly vicodin) has gotten out of hand over the years... who am I kidding? It's been out of hand for a good while... This forum has given me at least some inspiration... I remember the effect of the suboxone I had taken a long time ago and I remember how it eliminated the need... THE WITHDRAWAL I was going through at the time. I have never been prescribed this drug and never taken it for any length of time. Just the one time (and possibly another soon)... Anyway, as I said, I was not aware that this was used to treat... addiction... (I'm sorry, this is not easy for me to discuss). What I want to know is if anyone can help me with more information on treatment. I don't go to doctors for anything really and know little about being treated for this. (kinda funny, I have a great knowledge of pharmaceuticals and little experience with actual doctors). So, what sort of doctor do I see for this kind of treatment that would most likely prescribe suboxone and not something else like methodone? And how anonymous would a visit to this doctor be? I mean, I'm sort of nervous about just blabbing about this... I know that your doctor is supposed to keep your info confidential but I also know that if you go to the ER with certain problems the police will be waiting for you when you get out... BTW, I do have a real condition that does indeed cause me severe pain. It has just been in the last year or so that I have realized that this pain is heavily increased or exaggerated when I am "purging"... It's gotten to the point that I am no longer sure of the true severity of the real pain I am in and that has lead me to do some heavy thinking about things. I have never really been treated (X-Rayed and confirmation but didn't follow through on real treatment) for my pain and have self medicated... I'm nor saying that is the only reason I take these things and I am not making excuses. Not at all, I mostly take them for recreational reasons and to keep pushing myself as they have began to really take away my pain less and less no matter what the dosage... (Pardon my rambling please). Anyway, I see that suboxone is something that would actually work and if I was sure that I could get this specific treatment and that this treatment be %100 anonymous AND if I could possibly afford it out of pocket as I have no medical coverage at this time... I would go through with this and see it to the end. Any help and info I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

  17. #77
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    I don't know what you mean by 100% anonymous and affordable. We can look for a totally ideal situation and they seldom exists. Go to www.suboxone.com. You can enter your zip code and give a radius of miles you would be willing to drive and they will give you all the suboxone certified drs in your area. You make an appointment. But please do some reading on these forums so you will know others experiences well. We will help you any way we can. But I can't promise this program will be perfect. But neither is being addicted to RX pain meds. And the police won't be waiting for you just because you start on a suboxone program I guarantee you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  18. #78
    Jaye113 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default RE:

    I get so tired of people who say you CAN'T do benzo's or diazapam with methadone. I don't know anything about Suboxone so I can't speak on that. Some people have REAL issues and DO NEED to take an anti-anxiety medication. As long as you take it as prescribed I don't see a problem.

    I understand that so, so, soooo many methadone patients who were not trying to clean up abused this medication too death. BUT because of those who abused the treatment/clinic/etc... you can't lump everyone into the same category. Just like a lot of clean methadone patients working their program succesfully do not want to be viewed the same way.

    Just my 2 cents. Good luck to all of you who are trying, succeeding, and aren't quite there yet. As long as you are alive there is hope. Unfortunately we all know how easy it is to die very suddenly from this disease. We all claim it isn't going to be me. I bet those who o.d.'d said the same thing
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-20-2009 at 05:10 PM.

  19. #79
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaye113 View Post
    I get so tired of people who say you CAN'T do benzo's or diazapam with methadone. I don't know anything about Suboxone so I can't speak on that. Some people have REAL issues and DO NEED to take an anti-anxiety medication. As long as you take it as prescribed I don't see a problem.

    I understand that so, so, soooo many methadone patients who were not trying to clean up abused this medication too death. BUT because of those who abused the treatment/clinic/etc... you can't lump everyone into the same category. Just like a lot of clean methadone patients working their program succesfully do not want to be viewed the same way.

    Just my 2 cents. Good luck to all of you who are trying, succeeding, and aren't quite there yet. As long as you are alive there is hope. Unfortunately we all know how easy it is to die very suddenly from this disease. We all claim it isn't going to be me. I bet those who o.d.'d said the same thing




    Jaye ... I don't think anyone here is saying that you CAN'T take methadone and benzos together. We are saying that it presents too much of a potential for adverse interaction to recommend it to the majority of people. I know that there are people who take these medications together and have no problems. No one is judging you or anyone else, just as you say there is a medicinal purpose for taking benzos and some people require the combination. It's a quality of life issue for some people.

    You've got to remember that on a public forum such as this advice has to be given about RX drugs that is true for the vast majority of the population. There are exceptions to almost every rule with any medication. I had a life long friend die because of a methadone/benzo drug interaction. Does that mean it will do the same to everyone??? Absolutely NO, it does not. But if we get on here and start suggesting to the readers that it's a wise choice to take these medications together there are too many people who would assume it's perfectly okay for everyone. I don't care to live with knowing I told someone to do something and it resulted in their death. I would rather annoy someone who feels differently than to harm someone. It's too dangerous to recommend it.

    You will notice at the bottom of all my posts I suggest to people that for matters of concern they should seek professional advice. The advice given on this forum consists of suggestions and people sharing experiences. Readers need to take it for what it is and nothing more. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-20-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  20. #80
    Jaye113 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2

    Lightbulb

    I guess its just my own issue.

    I hope everyone is successful in their recovery, research, help for loved ones, etc...




    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Jaye ... I don't think anyone here is saying that you CAN'T take methadone and benzos together. We are saying that it presents too much of a potential for adverse interaction to recommend it to the majority of people. I know that there are people who take these medications together and have no problems. No one is judging you or anyone else, just as you say there is a medicinal purpose for taking benzos and some people require the combination. It's a quality of life issue for some people.

    You've got to remember that on a public forum such as this advice has to be given about RX drugs that is true for the vast majority of the population. There are exceptions to almost every rule with any medication. I had a life long friend die because of a methadone/benzo drug interaction. Does that mean it will do the same to everyone??? Absolutely NO, it does not. But if we get on here and start suggesting to the readers that it's a wise choice to take these medications together there are too many people who would assume it's perfectly okay for everyone. I don't care to live with knowing I told someone to do something and it resulted in their death. I would rather annoy someone who feels differently than to harm someone. It's too dangerous to recommend it.

    You will notice at the bottom of all my posts I suggest to people that for matters of concern they should seek professional advice. The advice given on this forum consists of suggestions and people sharing experiences. Readers need to take it for what it is and nothing more. God bless.

  21. #81
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaye113 View Post
    I get so tired of people who say you CAN'T do benzo's or diazapam with methadone. I don't know anything about Suboxone so I can't speak on that. Some people have REAL issues and DO NEED to take an anti-anxiety medication. As long as you take it as prescribed I don't see a problem.

    I understand that so, so, soooo many methadone patients who were not trying to clean up abused this medication too death. BUT because of those who abused the treatment/clinic/etc... you can't lump everyone into the same category. Just like a lot of clean methadone patients working their program succesfully do not want to be viewed the same way.

    Just my 2 cents. Good luck to all of you who are trying, succeeding, and aren't quite there yet. As long as you are alive there is hope. Unfortunately we all know how easy it is to die very suddenly from this disease. We all claim it isn't going to be me. I bet those who o.d.'d said the same thing
    I think that the problem is that people on methadone are addicts with addictive behavior.What would keep someone from not abusing the xanax too? They abused pain killers so the "general assertion is that an addict can not be trusted to properly dose themselves with the xanax either.It is more of a precaution than anything.If a person follows their Drs orders and keep the proper dose as prescribed they would be fine.but....A large majority of OD deaths can be attributed to the Methadone/Xanax cocktail and that is a fact.

  22. #82
    J-C-85 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    hey does any know if suboxone will show up on a urine test that gets sent off to the lab. its for my probation

  23. #83
    Lori77 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default --a quick question, please...

    Hey,
    I have been a pain pill junkie for years. I started suboxone today, 8mg/3 times daily. It seems to be a miracle as far as how I feel physically. I am not sick. However, I am extremely freaked out. Anxiety is like a lead weight on my chest. I cant seem to wrap my head around the idea of not taking pills constantly. I HATE pain pills... I never want to take them again as long as I live... I have actually turned them down twice today... and I WANT ONE SO BAD. This is the first time I have gone an entire day without hydrocodone in at least a couple of years. I want this to work more than I have ever wanted anything in my entire life. Someone, please tell me this will get easier.... ???? Is tomorrow going to be worse... ????

  24. #84
    mollybygolly is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lori77 View Post
    Hey,
    I have been a pain pill junkie for years. I started suboxone today, 8mg/3 times daily. It seems to be a miracle as far as how I feel physically. I am not sick. However, I am extremely freaked out. Anxiety is like a lead weight on my chest. I cant seem to wrap my head around the idea of not taking pills constantly. I HATE pain pills... I never want to take them again as long as I live... I have actually turned them down twice today... and I WANT ONE SO BAD. This is the first time I have gone an entire day without hydrocodone in at least a couple of years. I want this to work more than I have ever wanted anything in my entire life. Someone, please tell me this will get easier.... ???? Is tomorrow going to be worse... ????

    Yes, it most definitely WILL get better! My husband was on pain pills (anything he could get) for over 12 years. Not only pain pills, but alcohol, coke, even crack. Things got so bad he finally got help. He has been on suboxone for 3 yrs now. To my knowledge, he hasn't taken any pain pills since. He says it's a huge relief not to have to hunt them down constantly, plus the expense of them on the street.

    Suboxone has made all the difference in the world for him and us. Please hang in there and believe it will get better if you just give it a chance. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    Mollybygolly

  25. #85
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lori77 View Post
    Hey,
    I have been a pain pill junkie for years. I started suboxone today, 8mg/3 times daily. It seems to be a miracle as far as how I feel physically. I am not sick. However, I am extremely freaked out. Anxiety is like a lead weight on my chest. I cant seem to wrap my head around the idea of not taking pills constantly. I HATE pain pills... I never want to take them again as long as I live... I have actually turned them down twice today... and I WANT ONE SO BAD. This is the first time I have gone an entire day without hydrocodone in at least a couple of years. I want this to work more than I have ever wanted anything in my entire life. Someone, please tell me this will get easier.... ???? Is tomorrow going to be worse... ????



    Hi Lori .... congratulations on deciding to stop the RX pain pills. You've come to the right place. First thing I would suggest is that you start a new thread of your own. Lots more people will reply with a fresh thread where you mention what you are doing in the subject line so it will stand out on the forum when people check in.

    We work with LOTS of people using suboxone. There are several people on this forum right now in different stages of suboxone use. There are people who are just beginning like yourself as well as those who have just completed their therapy and are totally through with it and everywhere in between. We will be happy to help you. I suggest that you go to the following link and read my post on suboxone/subutex therapy. It will give you some ideas about how we recommend that people use suboxone, how long it should be used for, how to taper down at the appropriate time, etc.

    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html


    You will notice on the link that you are taking quite a bit more suboxone than what I normally recommend but I would have to know more about your specific situation to comment more than I have. I'm about to leave the forum for tonight but I will be back in the morning before I go to church. Have fun reading the aforementioned link and hope to see your posts when I check back in the morning. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  26. #86
    Lori77 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Molly and Robert thank you both so much for your quick responses and words of encouragement. I appreciate it more than you know.

    Molly, one of the reasons I decided to quit is because the meds are running my life. I spend so much time and money keeping myself medicated that there is no time or money for anything else. Its nice to hear of someone else who has been in the same boat.

    Robert, I will post a new thread, and I can't wait to go to read the info in the link you provided. I will do both tonight. However, I am exhausted and will have to handle replies tomorrow. I will also gladly give you any other info about my specific situation you need. I did not realize the suboxone dose I am taking was high until reading your post just now. But, prematurely, I can say the hydrocodone 'dose' I have been taking (!!!not today!!!) is also high.

    Again, your responses mean the world to me. Thank you both!! God Bless!!!

  27. #87
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default Lori77

    I understand that I don't know what you mean by a "high" dose regarding your use of hydrocodone. However so that you know what I mean by a much lower dose working for "most people" is that as an example when I previously detoxed using subutex I had been taking thirty 30mg Roxicodones each day, plus thirty or more 10/650mg lorcets, 15-20mg of xanax, 6-8mg of klonopin, 20-25 somas all each day. I stabilized on 8mg of subs and I had been abusing RX pills for 35 years. Have you been using more than that??? Another person here was on sixty lorcets per day (stabilized on 8mg suboxone), most all the people here using subs to detox were previously taking (on a daily basis) anywhere from 15-40 Roxies, 7.5mg hydro ES, 10/500 lortabs, norcos, percs, oxycontin, or whatever. Most all of these people stabilized at anywhere from 6-10mg of suboxone and are off the suboxone too in 6-8 weeks when they follow our suggestions. So unless you were taking over 100 RX pain pills each day you aren't taking any more than most everyone here was taking when they were inducted with suboxone. I don't say that to be a wise guy, I am serious. I've only seen ONE person here EVER who required 20mg to stabilize on suboxone. That is the truth. I look forward to reading your new thread when I come in from church. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-25-2009 at 08:13 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  28. #88
    JordyMarie is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Whats up my name is Brandie,I'm 20 yrs and I;m a recovering addict. I was addicted to oxycodone,dilaudid,methodone,& >>>>>>. I went through recovery at a suboxone treatment center. When I was first put on suboxone it really sucked b/c all I did was sleep all the time, feel sick to my stomach, and I had no energy. But good knews that only lasts about a month.(If that long) After a month when I took my normal dose of 8mg in the morning and 4mg in the afternoon and 8mg in the evening I felt so good. It felt awsome to go and do whatever I wanted and not worry about how I'm going to get my next high! I can finally enjoy a family function without being high!! I think suboxone is a miracle drug as long as you do the whole treatment progam. The medication is only half of the treatment. The other half is to complete the twelve step program and to go to NA Meetings. I've completed the 12 step program and I'm still attending NA Meetings. I'm so happy with my life right now!! And who ever thinks they are ready to go through with treatment good luck,It will be worth it I'm sure of it!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!! From:~Brandie~

  29. #89
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JordyMarie View Post
    Whats up my name is Brandie,I'm 20 yrs and I;m a recovering addict. I was addicted to oxycodone,dilaudid,methodone,& >>>>>>. I went through recovery at a suboxone treatment center. When I was first put on suboxone it really sucked b/c all I did was sleep all the time, feel sick to my stomach, and I had no energy. But good knews that only lasts about a month.(If that long) After a month when I took my normal dose of 8mg in the morning and 4mg in the afternoon and 8mg in the evening I felt so good. It felt awsome to go and do whatever I wanted and not worry about how I'm going to get my next high! I can finally enjoy a family function without being high!! I think suboxone is a miracle drug as long as you do the whole treatment progam. The medication is only half of the treatment. The other half is to complete the twelve step program and to go to NA Meetings. I've completed the 12 step program and I'm still attending NA Meetings. I'm so happy with my life right now!! And who ever thinks they are ready to go through with treatment good luck,It will be worth it I'm sure of it!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!! From:~Brandie~
    Congrats to you Brandie.I have a question.How long were you on suboxone therapy ? Congrats again! MM

  30. #90
    Lori77 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default WOW Robert.....

    Ummm.... you have definitely got me beat, lol. I take (was taking) about 200 mg of hydrocodone per day. And, only for about 10 years. I also take xanax, but only two or three times per week, if that. They help me relax/sleep, but, the real reason I even ask my doctor to prescribe them to me is because I can trade them for lortab.

    This is INSANE, though. Why would my doctor tell me how the massive a the amount of hydrocodone I am used to warrants me taking 24mg of suboxone per day if you were cool w/ half of that?!?!? I wonder if that is why I am so freaked out and anxious..... too much of the stuff at once...?

    Today is my second day hydrocodone free. I would like to say I am doing good, but I left work after lunch today. I just couldn't make myself go back inside the building. I am still not sick. No withdrawal symptoms other than what I know is psychological. I have LOOKED at my old pain meds twice today (how pathetic is that!?!), but I have not taken so much as a crumb of any of them. The only thing in my system right now is mass quantities of suboxone, evidently.

    I suppose I should start breaking them in half, maybe???

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22