Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lori77 View Post
    Ummm.... you have definitely got me beat, lol. I take (was taking) about 200 mg of hydrocodone per day. And, only for about 10 years. I also take xanax, but only two or three times per week, if that. They help me relax/sleep, but, the real reason I even ask my doctor to prescribe them to me is because I can trade them for lortab.

This is INSANE, though. Why would my doctor tell me how the massive a the amount of hydrocodone I am used to warrants me taking 24mg of suboxone per day if you were cool w/ half of that?!?!? I wonder if that is why I am so freaked out and anxious..... too much of the stuff at once...?

Today is my second day hydrocodone free. I would like to say I am doing good, but I left work after lunch today. I just couldn't make myself go back inside the building. I am still not sick. No withdrawal symptoms other than what I know is psychological. I have LOOKED at my old pain meds twice today (how pathetic is that!?!), but I have not taken so much as a crumb of any of them. The only thing in my system right now is mass quantities of suboxone, evidently.

I suppose I should start breaking them in half, maybe???

Lori ... I'm glad to see that you took my reply just the way I meant it. I wasn't trying to be a wise guy, just telling it like it is. You are asking good logical questions and I will explain the reality of this deal. I promise you that I'm right. I've seen how this works for too many people.

Lots of people go to the sub drs who pass a short class to become "suboxone certified" or whatever you care to call it. It's not necessarily their fault always as the drug salespeople and associated literature from the drug companies tell them to RX the medication like you describe. It's kind of like shampoo bottles that say, "wash, rinse, repeat." Do you know anyone who repeats after they wash their hair once? Think we have got a little bit of marketing going on here. That is truth I promise you.

I have only seen ONE person that I've inducted with suboxone who needed 20mg to stabilize. It just doesn't happen hardly EVER. I agree with your statement about some of your symptoms now actually being from probably taking too much suboxone. You don't need 24mg I will bet the farm on it. Anxiety, having difficulty sleeping, restlessness, just being generally antsy are symptoms of too high a dose. You should feel just totally perfect, better than you've felt since high school. I'm serious, no anxiety, no nothing.

I will be more than happy to help you with this if you want me to. I always suggest that you start and be off the suboxone too entirely within 6-8 weeks. Lots of drs will put you on this stuff for months, even a year or longer. Why would you take a medication that is for helping you detox from opiates for a year? Detox only lasts a short time.

First thing you need to do is get rid of ALL your pain pills. If you keep them around you will relapse it's almost guaranteed. It just doesn't work. Keeping the hydros around is an obvious reservation and a reservation is a relapse waiting to happen. That needs to be the first thing you do. Next you need to reduce your dose starting right now before your body gets used to this high dose. Let me know if you wish to proceed forward with my help. If you do we will start with tomorrow's morning dose. Just let me know before I go to the trouble of starting this process of getting you acclimated to a much lower dose. If you do this with me, it will work I promise. But you have to do as I ask or we will be wasting each other's time. It takes your total commitment to do this right.

There is no miracle drug here, this is just a medication. It needs to be approached that way and taken that way. The way you are going now will only lead you to another problem that can be worse than the hydrocodone problem you're trying to stop. Let me know what you decide. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-25-2009 at 06:46 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Lori77 is offline Junior Member

Default Please help me

I should feel better than I have since high school??? Not hardly.... I am all over the place..... antsy, anxiety, no sleep last night AT ALL.....

I guess if I am going to ask for your help, I should be honest about a couple of things. I can't begin to tell you how much I have lost due to hydro. I have been strung out on coke and meth in the past..... IV... and dropped it on my own. Haven't touched it since 2005. It was hard, but nothing like this. After all of the hard core dope I have been through and dropped, I have the legal stuff running my life. Pills?!?!? Are you kidding me? I hate myself for allowing this to happen. If it tells you anything, I made 50k last year and I live in a motel room hiding my car from the repo guy. Seriously.

After all the hard drugs were over, I started on the pain meds --taking twice as much as I had been. Now, I can't stop taking the damn things. This 2 days has been the hardest of my life. The suboxone is keeping me from being sick, but my head is not right at all.

I know you dont really know me, but I am not as horrific a person as I have made myself sound. I worked two jobs while putting myself through college. I graduated with a 4.0. I have two beautiful children who don't deserve to have a junkie for a mommy. Thank God they are young enough to not really know whats going on.

I will do anything. Even get rid of "plan b" --the hydro stash I kept just in case.

I promise.

Oh, and another thing... I think you are absolutely right about the 'marketing'. The prescription of suboxone cost $170 before insurance. I only had to pay about $40, but that's irrelevant. And, the doctor told me that because I take so much hydro, I would have to be on the suboxone for at least 6 months.

I would give anything to be completely clean in 6 weeks.

Default Lori

First thing I want you to do is cut yourself some slack! I mean that sincerely. You haven't done anything I haven't done I can promise you. I will go to my grave not telling several of my secrets. They are between God and me and that is where it stops. We make lots of poor choices in addiction, doesn't mean we are bad people though. If it matters I have been a hugely successful business owner in my life while in the depths of my worst addiction. I don't know how I lived through it except that God spared me. I was shown mercy, certainly not justice. So no one will judge you here for anything that happened yesterday. Today is what counts and that is the only thing you need to focus on right now. I will NOT bail on you if you don't bail on me I can assure you.

So we are in agreement that the hydros get flushed down the toilet? How many do you have right now? Think about it. You've already paid for them so they are wasted money already. You don't need to be around other addicts selling them. We are talking about your life. If you want to get healthy again and be there for your children then lose the pills. Read and reply to this while I am writing out what I want you to do with the medication starting immediately. How much suboxone have you taken today so far? Don't take anymore today FOR SURE. Tell me though so I will know what you've taken today. I will have a plan for you in a few minutes. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Its really nice to talk to someone who's been there. I am not bailing. At this point, if you wanted me to leave, you would have to drag me out kicking and screaming.

I have 25 10/500's. And, a couple of 7.5's. Down the toilet they go.... I couldn't give them away or sell them if I wanted to. I think I need the finality of flushing them.

I have taken two 8mg suboxones today. My next dose is due about 10pm. Right before bedtime. I can't imagine being up again all night tonight. Also, I can't miss anymore work. So, skipping that last dose would be a-ok with me.

Thank you again.

Default Lori

You've only been on the suboxone for a couple days so this is not going to be a big deal lowering your dose starting NOW. The only hard part of this is that you have been psyched into thinking you need the 24mg. Forget everything you've been told. When you start doing this the right way you won't feel badly I promise. If it seems like you do it's only in your head. Go along with me for a couple days. You could stand on your head for two days if you had to. So just do as I ask for a couple days and you'll start seeing a difference in how you feel. We need to get some of the suboxone out of your system.

I want you to take 6mg when you wake up in the morning. That is it! I'm in Houston so it's central time zone here. Don't know where you are but I will be checking on the forum right after getting up in the morning. Let me know what time you will be on here. I want to know how your day goes tomorrow. I'm assuming that you can communicate with me during the day??? It's important for me to know how you are feeling during the day if at all possible.

Hopefully you will be taking only two doses of suboxone tomorrow. I want to see how you do on the 6mg before telling you what to do in the afternoon. What we are doing is basically re-inducting you. It might take a day or two to get you at the exact dose you need to be at so bear with me tomorrow and Tuesday. You will be off the suboxone within 6-8 weeks just as I said you would. Remember that no one ever died from lack of sleep for a couple days. I've been up for a couple weeks before and you probably have been too on cocaine and meth. I know the drill. So you can make it through this.

I'm proud of you for making this decision and especially for being so willing to flush the pills. That's the attitude it takes. You should have a great feeling of satisfaction flushing that garbage down the toilet. You've won the first battle already!

I also want you to start thinking about getting into recovery. Don't know how you feel about NA or 12 step recovery in general. It's relatively easy to get clean, you just put some days together not using and you're clean. But staying clean is not as easy. It's very difficult. Most everyone who has a history like I had or like you have needs a recovery program to STAY clean. Doesn't matter if it's NA, AA, church, a combination of these or all the above. You don't have to do it today, but you need to make plans to change the way you live and a good self-improvement program usually helps a lot. You will get clean with the suboxone. But then you'll be tempted again to use, you know you will. It ALWAYS happens. So accept the fact that things have to change for you in order to turn your life around so that you can be there for your children like the mom you're capable of being. You can do this Lori. Just go along with the program and soon you will be another success story like so many others here have done. God bless.

Lori ... you will need to get a single edged razor blade for cutting the 8mg pills. They will just turn to powder breaking them in your fingers. A razor makes it so much easier. It's easy to cut a 1/4 off the pill, then save that 2mg to take later.

Default Robert

They are gone. I know this is going to sound rediculous, but I have put the rest of it out there, I might as well say this too. I flushed 'em. My pulse rate must be at about 200 bpm, my heart is slamming in my chest. I seriously can not believe I just did that. Its kind of a mix between terror and exhileration.

Anyway, on to more important things. I will take 6mg in the morning, and nothing else today. Consider the 24mg myth purged from my mind. I am not worried about only taking 6mg in the morning, but I am wondering about dose schedule, and the following amount, etc. The reason I say that, is because even with the current 8mg dose, the 8 hour weight time before the next dose is a LONG time. Maybe thats just in my head, too, though. I am used to taking pills all day.

And, I guess the dose/schedule/etc is what we need to talk about real time tomorrow. That is a little bit more tricky. Happily, we are in the same time zone. I am in Dallas. However, I work for a telecommunications company --tech support in a call center. "All calls are recorded for quality and training purposes". I can not talk to you while I am on the phone, and there is literally no down time with the exception of lunch. AND, it is impossible for me to tell you exactly what time I go to lunch. It is scheduled for 1:30, but if I am on a call, I have to wait until it is finished, of course. Some calls last five minutes, some last an hour... hard to say. I leave here to go to work at 06:30, so I can be on at about 6am, then again when I first get to work at 7:30am. That will depend on your schedule tomorrow.

Also, I know I can survive without sleep... You're right, been there/done that. I just don't wanna. I kinda planned on going down on a half a xanax tonight?? Or, maybe even tylenol pm??? If you have no objections, of course.....

I feel like a hypocrite while I am in church. And, that is very sad, because I miss and need God terribly right now. I pray constantly. Hopefully that will help, because until I am clean enough to be in His house, I will not go. I don't know anything about NA or AA, so I have no objection to that. I suppose just talking to everyone here isn't enough? It already seems to have helped me so much. Before finding this site yesterday, I felt like I was a million miles away from being a human. After reading, tho, a wave of relief came over me, just knowing that I am not alone in this struggle.

I want to get and STAY clean. It will be have to be from sheer force of will power. Everyone I know takes pills. I will always be surrounded by them. I have to be strong enough to say no. I sincerely think I can do that, or I would not be wasting either of our time. =)

Default Lori

Flushing those pills was a huge act of faith. You should be very proud of yourself. I'm very pleased that you're being so agreeable right from the start. Absolutely go ahead and take the xanax tonite, just no more than 1mg. Suboxone and xanax are not a good mix as it can cause respiratory depression. For tonite though it's okay. I would honestly do the same thing if I were in your place, just a small dose though.

Just communicating on the forum is okay for now, you don't have to make an NA meeting tomorrow. As you begin to make progress with the subs though I recommend it at that time. You will know that it's time to start making plans for the future. This forum is so valuable, but live interaction with others is important too.

I've been a Christian for a while now, and I'm very serious about it. Trust me God does not expect you to get clean before you go to church. In my case when I was finally saved in church that was when ALL of my w/d symptoms stopped and I have never looked back since. That is where you will receive complete mercy as long as you are humble and serious. I've seen so many addicts' lives turn around in God's house. Lots of people disagree with me and that's okay. This is about whatever works for us to save our life. If church doesn't work for someone else but they get clean in an NA meeting, then so be it. The same is true in reverse if church works for someone like it did for me. The main thing for now is to get clean by whatever means necessary. I don't like to preach on the forum as this isn't a church, but I will be happy to discuss spiritual matters in more depth off the forum in emails.

I will make a point to be on here at 7:30 to check on you. I will then check on you at 1:30 and will keep my eyes open until I see you post. I hate to tell you anything specific about your dose right this second as this needs to be done symptomatically especially right now while you are in this stage of re-induction. I can tell you that my goal for tomorrow is to see you make it on no more than 10mg, then drop to 8mg the following day. But I need to see how you do tomorrow before I can say for sure. That is what makes this forum different than seeing a dr once a month. We react to your daily symptoms and advise accordingly. That's something that drs are not able to do as they don't talk to their patients daily like we do. We never lose at this as long as you stick it out/don't relapse. You are guaranteed to end up clean if you stay and follow the instructions given.

The most difficult part of this is not taking pills throughout the day as we are accustomed to putting something in our mouth all day. Believe me I understand that part of all this. If you have to do it take .5mg of xanax mid afternoon. No more than that though. I don't want you to be taking more suboxone until you get off work. If all is well plan on taking another 4mg at about 4-5:00. Then you want to continue taking your suboxone at the same time each day so we can track it properly and you aren't moving your dosing time sooner than it should be.

Try to relax now. You're on the right track and you will end up being clean doing this. I will look for your post in the morning. I will add you to my prayers. He listens to mine for sure. God bless.

Default Good Morning, All....

I actually slept like a rock last night. To the point that I overslept, and missed all of my overtime this morning. Thats actually not going to be an issue at work, as the OT is not mandatory, but its a bummer as far as the ol' paycheck goes.

I took the 6mg you suggested this morning, Robert. It seems to be working just fine so far. I am very concerned about making it thru 5pm without taking anything else. I will do everything I possibly can to make that happen, tho.

Anyway, I am going to leave in about 20 minutes to go to work. I would like to ask you a question via email, because per your previous post, it really isn't appropriate here. My email addy is summer_harp@msn.com.

Yes, my real name is Summer. I thought I was being really cute with "Lori"... I was actually going for "Lori Tab", but I feel rediculous about that now. I don't want to go by the name of the very thing I am trying to get away from.

Hope all have a good day. I will check back to see if I have any response at about 8:15. One way or the other, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

I actually slept like a rock last night. To the point that I overslept, and missed all of my overtime this morning. Thats actually not going to be an issue at work, as the OT is not mandatory, but its a bummer as far as the ol' paycheck goes.

I took the 6mg you suggested this morning, Robert. It seems to be working just fine so far. I am very concerned about making it thru 5pm without taking anything else. I will do everything I possibly can to make that happen, tho.

Anyway, I am going to leave in about 20 minutes to go to work. I would like to ask you a question via email, because per your previous post, it really isn't appropriate here. My email addy is summer_harp@msn.com.

Yes, my real name is Summer. I thought I was being really cute with "Lori"... I was actually going for "Lori Tab", but I feel rediculous about that now. I don't want to go by the name of the very thing I am trying to get away from.

Hope all have a good day. I will check back to see if I have any response at about 8:15. One way or the other, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hi Summer .... try to have confidence in the system and that you WILL be okay until after work with the 6mg. I have NO doubt whatsoever that you will notice huge psychological effects making it through the day without putting a pill in your mouth, but that should be where the problem ends. It should not be a physical thing. I will be online here at 1:30 when your lunch time arrives. Let me know then how you're feeling. This is a VERY important day for you. Make it through today like I suggest and you will be on your way. Regardless let me know your status at lunch. You should be just fine until after work. Any symptoms you have will most likely be nothing more than what's in your head.

You can click on my screen name and see that you can email me direct through this web site. I will then reply directly to your personal email address. God bless.

Hi Summer ... I am about to walk out the door to make a dr appt. I will be back before your 1:30 lunch. Just letting you know in case you were looking for me during the interim. Talk to you in a little while. Hang tough and God bless.

Robert, I am so sorry. I took another half of sub today --4mg. About an hour ago. I know I have to find another way to deal with stress than taking pills. I felt like I was drowning. I had to. Customers and meeting... etc... I dont know how regular people do this. Also, my body hurts, my stomach was in knots, and I cant think straight. I dont know if this is really a physical issue or if you're right --its psychological and I am dwelling on it so much it becomes physical. I dont know.

I know I let you down. I am truly very sorry, and I hope you will still work with me.

Summer ... you haven't let me down. Like I said yesterday .. RELAX.

So if I understand correctly you took 6mg this morning and you just took 4mg an hour ago. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.

And, thank you.

OK. So now that you know all is well tell me exactly how you feel right this minute please. I know you have a little anxiety that goes with the fact that you're not taking any pills. But physically tell me how you are feeling.

I feel better since taking the other 4mg. My body still hurts tho... all of it, but mostly my back. I dont have back problems, never have... it feels like I am out of pain pills, for lack of a better way to describe it. Its so stupid, because I really didnt feel like this yesterday or the day before. I would think the first day or two would be the hardest as far as all of the lortab getting out of my system.

I never thought this would be a cake walk and I am not expecting it now. I will be ok and I will not starting making phone calls for hydro. I am not even trying to sound like I am wallowing in self pity. Thats just honestly how I feel right now.

That's what I wanted you to do ... tell me exactly how you feel. Think about this for a second. Addiction is very painful in itself. When we start into detox our brain is telling our body how bad it hurts as the brain wants more pain pills. That is how the w/d affects us. So it's natural that you will feel a little body pain. That will subside I promise. In a matter of a few days from now if you don't have any physical ailments that should be causing you pain then all of this body pain will be GONE. I mean all of it. Your brain and your body have to get on the same page. As long as you don't use any pain pills this will get SOOOO much better over the next two day. The actual induction takes three days, sometimes for people like you or me it can take four days. By that point I will have you feeling better than you've felt since high school I guarantee you. I'm 100% positive.

I have a Bible study group tonight from 6:30 until I get home a little after 8:00. Hold your ground until I get home by 8:15. I will check on you then and we'll determine if you can make it through the night without any additional suboxone. Do your best to be strong tonight. This will pay off for you tomorrow and the next day. I will be here until I leave about 6:15 and we are obviously in the same time zone. You're doing GOOD. Be proud of yourself. I am. God bless.

Take .5mg of xanax if you get too stressed out. Only today. I don't want this to be a regular thing. Just for today to get through this first couple days while you're doing this the right way. And ONLY if you need it.

Thanks, and I will be ok... If 4 days of this is the magic number >>. a lifetime of the alternative, I'm in. And, I will NOT take anymore sub until I talk to you around 8:15 --if at all.

Don't worrry. I only have one 1mg xanax left. I have another script for them in the pharmacy, but its about an hour away. I cant get it transferred because I have already 'used up' all the pharmacies around here. I really do not want to trade my lori addiction for a sub and xanax addiction, so my plan is to just forget that script exists. We'll see how that goes. =)

Thank you for being so understanding.

Sounds good Summer. I will talk to you in a little while. God bless.

Talk to you later. Enjoy your Bible study group. =)

Hi Summer. Just got in from my Bible study. So tell me how you're doing. Hope it's going well.

Hi Robert,

I wish I could say everything is great, but it's not. I have taken a lot of ibuprophen for the pain in my back, and it seems to be helping somewhat. My head is killing me, tho. Also, I am very emotional. For whatever reason, I can't seem to stop crying... about EVERYTHING. Is that normal? I have not taken anymore sub, but I did take 0.5mg xanax.

I was wondering if the headache is possibly blood pressure? I have never had that problem before, but you never know. My mom is here and she has blood pressure meds, but I wanted to ask you before I took anything like that. Should I take one? Or, maybe half?

Thank you, Robert... I appreciate your help more than you know. I couldn't say for sure I would have made it this far without your help.

Why do you do this?? You barely know me. If you dont want to answer that, I completely understand.... no worries. It is just so unusual to find someone in this world that is so open to helping people he/she has never even met. This is a really wonderful thing you do for people.

Hi Robert,

I wish I could say everything is great, but it's not. I have taken a lot of ibuprophen for the pain in my back, and it seems to be helping somewhat. My head is killing me, tho. Also, I am very emotional. For whatever reason, I can't seem to stop crying... about EVERYTHING. Is that normal? I have not taken anymore sub, but I did take 0.5mg xanax.

I was wondering if the headache is possibly blood pressure? I have never had that problem before, but you never know. My mom is here and she has blood pressure meds, but I wanted to ask you before I took anything like that. Should I take one? Or, maybe half?

Thank you, Robert... I appreciate your help more than you know. I couldn't say for sure I would have made it this far without your help.

Why do you do this?? You barely know me. If you dont want to answer that, I completely understand.... no worries. It is just so unusual to find someone in this world that is so open to helping people he/she has never even met. This is a really wonderful thing you do for people.

Summer .... What blood pressure medication does your mom have? And in what mg? Don't take any yet as I don't think you'll need it in a few minutes.

You've dropped from 24mg down to 10mg in one day. That is huge! JUST for tonight take an additional 4mg. This is only for tonight. Tomorrow go back to 6mg in the morning and 4mg after work. You will do just fine with it tomorrow. Don't feel guilty about doing this, you've been honest with me and yourself most important. This doesn't mean you failed today at all. This is why I ask you to communicate with me so we can act based on your symptoms. And you're having some w/d symptoms, it's not all mental by the way you describe things.

It's a little more difficult sometimes when we start on a high dose then try to straighten it out in one day. Remember I said that it could take a couple days. This just shows how powerful this medication really is. You've done very well today, I'm proud of you. So take 4mg, wait about 20-30 minutes and then tell me how you feel. I'll be waiting. Take your medication and get to feeling better first and I will share with you later why I do this. Right now let's get you feeling better first. God bless.

WOW, you're right again! My headache is already mostly gone.... I feel a lot more relaxed and almost normal already. I promise I will do better tomorrow.

I did not do as well with the sub today as I would have liked, but still no hydrocodone AT ALL in 3 days!! If we can get the sub dosage right over a matter of a couple of days, I know everything will be great. I am actually getting excited about the process again.

My mom has klonadine (sp?) 1mg. However, I don't think its neccessary at the moment.

Thank you, Robert!

WOW, you're right again! My headache is already mostly gone.... I feel a lot more relaxed and almost normal already. I promise I will do better tomorrow.

I did not do as well with the sub today as I would have liked, but still no hydrocodone AT ALL in 3 days!! If we can get the sub dosage right over a matter of a couple of days, I know everything will be great. I am actually getting excited about the process again.

My mom has klonadine (sp?) 1mg. However, I don't think its neccessary at the moment.

Thank you, Robert!

Summer ... that's good news. You've done great today, I'm proud of you. Go ahead and get a few of the clonidine from your mom just in case we need them. That is a good med to use for opiate w/d symptoms. Just don't take any unless we talk about it first.

Plan on taking the subs as directed tomorrow ... 6mg in the morning and 4mg in the afternoon/evening. Try to make it without the xanax tonight too. Don't want to depend on that stuff if not absoltely necessary. I will talk to you during the day tomorrow. Will look for you around lunch time. I'm assuming it's at 1:30 again???? Let me know if that is correct. Take care. Get some rest and God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Lori
    I'm glad your doing a little better,Things will get allot better just give it a little time...
    I know how hard this is .
    I went thru w/d in AUG.
    I also flushed ten 10mg vicks down the toilet.It made me feel like I had made it,It was a good feeling.
    Your going to do just fine were all real proud of you.
    Your kids will have there mom back in no time.
    Hang in there...
    Ill be cheering you on...
    Melinda

Anonymous Guest

Hi Lori
    One more thing you might think is funny,
    Robert YELLED at me to to flush my vic's too ..
    Talk to you later
    Melinda

Default Thank you robert!!!!!

I will get a few clonidine from my mom and not take any of them without you advising me to do so. For tonight, I will not take anything stronger than advil. No more xanax.

I will start my day with 6mg of sub in the morning, then 4mg around 5pm, and no more if at all possible.

My goal for tomorrow is to stay at work all day with no more that 10 mg of sub total. Once I get home, I think I can deal with it regardless of how I feel.

Thanks again for all your help. I will talk to you tomorrow around 1:30, same lunch schedule, hopefully closer to on time tomorrow, tho.

Have a good night! God bless you too!!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast