Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    Lori77 is offline Junior Member

Default Hi Melinda!

You had to flush your back up plan, too??? I can't imagine Robert yelling, LOL. Bless your heart.... that was really traumatic, and wonderful at the same time for me.... Robert certainly knows what he is doing, tho. I am afraid if they had still been in my purse earlier today, I would have done more than just look at them.

Thank you very much for your support... this site has SAVED me.

Tomorrow will be day 4 hydro free. I am about to sleep and pray for the best as far as that goes.

Have a good night!
    ---Summer

Hey Robert....

So sorry, I have no time... I have to sign back in from lunch immediately... "working lunch"... at least I am staying here today, tho, right?

I have only had 6mg of sub. I feel bad, but managable. Headache is the worst. Trying to wait til after work to take anything else.

Will look for your reply then. I get off work at 6:30. Should be home at about 7.

Hope your day goes well!

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Summer ... Glad you're doing so well. Get some excedrin migraine or something for your headache. Does anything work for you other than hydro? LOL Go ahead and take the other 4mg when you get off work. I will talk with then this evening. God bless.

brenny2009 is offline New Member

Arrow "Once a drug addict always a drug addict" You are nuts

Quote Originally Posted by kcollin4 View Post
    once a drug addict ALWAYS a drug addict!

Kcollin4 - As always someone that is really stupid and does not know anything about REAL pain or a real illness that requires pain medication. That is a statement from a person that does not know what on earth they are talking about nor has ever had to take pain meds for a long period of time, just to be able to get out of bed. I hope you never have to take them and then wonder how on earth you can get off them at a later date, especially when your are still not well but you are tired of taking the pain meds. Grow up and come into the real world, because you are not here as of now!!!

Default Robert, are you here?

I wasnt able to post earlier because when I got off work my son was watching his movie. In the case of 8 hours of Wrestle Mania, my computer doubles as the dvd player....

And, LOL is right.... I have never needed to TRY anything else for pain. All that hydro was taking care of business up until a few days ago. Now, I am swallowing ibuprophen like candy. Good thing its not addictive...

Took 4mg of sub at about 5.... felt better for awhile, not so much anymore. Think I could take another 2mg?

Go ahead and take 2mg more, but only for tonight. Tomorrow let's change it a little. I want to hold the dose down to 10mg for the day, that is the MAXIMUM. Take 4mg when you get up, then talk to me when you get home. We'll decide then about the evening dose. You need to start lowering the dose from 12mg, even 10mg is really more than you should be taking. I want to get you down to 8mg over the next 3 days. God bless.

Alright, thank you.

Tommorw I will not exceed the 10mg max. I am off work for the next 2 days, so maybe I can sleep thru it if I have a problem, instead of resorting to taking more. But, I am really not expecting to have a problem. Keeping my fingers crossed.

God Bless

Hi Summer ... Just checking on you. I don't figure you'll have any problems with the 4mg this morning. That is how we do the taper just taking off a little from each dose as you go forward. Let me know how it's going today. Thanks. God bless.

Rusttic is offline New Member

Default Kinda off Topic

Sorry that this is off the topic of the post but I saw that this was being read frequently and figured it would be my best bet to get a promt response. (Have posted question all over and am not having luck with an answer)

My name is Andrew and I live in London Ontario (Canada). I have a bad dependence on Oxy's and NEED to get off them as the life I once knew is far and gone. Until last week i was still going to work, however after a bad breakdown and WD I had to let my boss know what was going on. But now im trying to get help and all I am being put in contact with is a Methadone clinic, which I refuse to use. (At least at this point, but I may need to if there is no other option).
    Almost all of the info I have found during my hours of searchin countless websites is for the United States. I even contacted the Phamra company and they called me back with a name and number of a Doctor here. I WAS SO VERY HAPPY, until when I called and he was no longer there, and they had no contact info or forwarding info. I they called back to let the Pharma company know and they said that they would call back with another doctor, but it never came.
    I pray that someone can steer me into the right direction, as I am feeling like there is no end in sight for me. I need to find a doctor in or near London, Ontario and get into recovery ASAP.

Sincerely, Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusttic View Post
    Sorry that this is off the topic of the post but I saw that this was being read frequently and figured it would be my best bet to get a promt response. (Have posted question all over and am not having luck with an answer)

My name is Andrew and I live in London Ontario (Canada). I have a bad dependence on Oxy's and NEED to get off them as the life I once knew is far and gone. Until last week i was still going to work, however after a bad breakdown and WD I had to let my boss know what was going on. But now im trying to get help and all I am being put in contact with is a Methadone clinic, which I refuse to use. (At least at this point, but I may need to if there is no other option).
    Almost all of the info I have found during my hours of searchin countless websites is for the United States. I even contacted the Phamra company and they called me back with a name and number of a Doctor here. I WAS SO VERY HAPPY, until when I called and he was no longer there, and they had no contact info or forwarding info. I they called back to let the Pharma company know and they said that they would call back with another doctor, but it never came.
    I pray that someone can steer me into the right direction, as I am feeling like there is no end in sight for me. I need to find a doctor in or near London, Ontario and get into recovery ASAP.

Sincerely, Andrew.

Hi Andrew ... I always recommend a cold turkey first. You can do it by using the Thomas Recipe for lessening your detox symptoms.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-23-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Default scared and starting suboxone this weekend

hi robert and all...this is my first visit to this site and it is like reading my life story. After 10 years of being on 6 to 8 teaspoons of Laudanum a day; which equals 300 - 400 mgs of morphine, (1 teaspoon is equal to 50 mgs of morphine), i am finally ready to try to get off for good. Have tried a few times by myself, but can never tolerate w/drawal symptoms, so i have started therapy w/ a LADC therapist, NA meetings and just met w/ a suboxone certified doctor. In the past 10 days i have been able to taper my doses to about 4 to 6 teaspoons per day; (range from 200-300 mgs morphine equivalent). As i research all of this i am more confused as everything seems to contradict everything else. I had one intake counselor, on the phone, at a famous residential facility, tell me that based on all my years of use and due to my high amount of daily morphine use, that i would have to detox on 32 mgs of suboxone and eventually taper but still be on suboxone for life. Another doctor told me , suboxone wouldn't work for me because of the amount of morphine i take and that i should go to a methadone clinic. The stories are endless..However, my current therapist and suboxone doctor think this will work for me. I am just not sure if my use of 300mgs of morphine makes me a good candidate for suboxone; i am unsure of the equivalent dosages of someone on >>>>>>, methadone, etc. that suboxone seems to have worked wonders for. I am mostly terrified of being able to get thru the w/drawal and then the steps to start re-claiming my tattered life, one that i created and am responsible for.
    I was told to stop the Laudanum for a min of 24 hrs and then on day one, take a 1/2 tab of an 8/2mg suboxone at 9:00 a.m. and another 1/2 tab at 11:00 a.m. and then a 1/2 tab at 9:00 p.m. The 2nd day; 1 tab at 9:00 a.m. and 1/2 tab at 9:00 p.m. The next 5 days 1 tab in a.m. and 1 tab in p.m. Then meet w/ the doctor for the next step. My question/fear is this too low or too high of a dose to controll the w/drawals and after reading some of your approaches of a much lower type of tapering w/ the suboxone would work for someone like me, based on other people w/ my high use of morphine? I had planned on stopping the Laudanum on friday, so i could make use of this weekend to start the suboxone, as i will have a close friend and a family member w/ me and i don't have to work. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated as i am truly at rock bottom and committed for the first time in my life, to start something to get this monkey off my back. I am confused and scared beyond words.

Quote Originally Posted by lilly555 View Post
    hi robert and all...this is my first visit to this site and it is like reading my life story. After 10 years of being on 6 to 8 teaspoons of Laudanum a day; which equals 300 - 400 mgs of morphine, (1 teaspoon is equal to 50 mgs of morphine), i am finally ready to try to get off for good. Have tried a few times by myself, but can never tolerate w/drawal symptoms, so i have started therapy w/ a LADC therapist, NA meetings and just met w/ a suboxone certified doctor. In the past 10 days i have been able to taper my doses to about 4 to 6 teaspoons per day; (range from 200-300 mgs morphine equivalent). As i research all of this i am more confused as everything seems to contradict everything else. I had one intake counselor, on the phone, at a famous residential facility, tell me that based on all my years of use and due to my high amount of daily morphine use, that i would have to detox on 32 mgs of suboxone and eventually taper but still be on suboxone for life. Another doctor told me , suboxone wouldn't work for me because of the amount of morphine i take and that i should go to a methadone clinic. The stories are endless..However, my current therapist and suboxone doctor think this will work for me. I am just not sure if my use of 300mgs of morphine makes me a good candidate for suboxone; i am unsure of the equivalent dosages of someone on >>>>>>, methadone, etc. that suboxone seems to have worked wonders for. I am mostly terrified of being able to get thru the w/drawal and then the steps to start re-claiming my tattered life, one that i created and am responsible for.
    I was told to stop the Laudanum for a min of 24 hrs and then on day one, take a 1/2 tab of an 8/2mg suboxone at 9:00 a.m. and another 1/2 tab at 11:00 a.m. and then a 1/2 tab at 9:00 p.m. The 2nd day; 1 tab at 9:00 a.m. and 1/2 tab at 9:00 p.m. The next 5 days 1 tab in a.m. and 1 tab in p.m. Then meet w/ the doctor for the next step. My question/fear is this too low or too high of a dose to controll the w/drawals and after reading some of your approaches f a much lower type of tapering w/ the suboxone would work for someone like me, based on other people w/ my high use of morphine? I had planned on stopping the Laudanum on friday, so i could make use of this weekend to start the suboxone, as i will have a close friend and a family member w/ me and i don't have to work. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated as i am truly at rock bottom and committed for the first time in my life, to start something to get this monkey off my back. I am confused and scared beyond words.

You absolutely can do this detox with suboxone. And it won't take any 32mg if allow me to help you with your induction. I've never had one single person in my life require anything close to that. The induction is very important, it needs to be done properly. And I've done this with people including myself on ridiculous amounts of drugs. I'm about to walk out the door for church but will be back online in a couple hours. If you're stopping the laud on Friday you will NOT be ready to be inducted on the suboxone before mid weekend. Let me know if you want my help. God bless.

Default Hello to everyone....

Hey Robert...

I took 4mg of sub when I got up this morning.... I have been out running errands --taking care of business that refuses to take care of itself. During that time, I did take another 6mg of sub.

So, I am at my 10mg limit for the day. I completely trust your judgement that this is more than enough to keep me ok, but I feel soooo bad. I can't think straight or stop crying about stupid stuff. My head hurts, and 800mg of motrin hasn't done much more than take the edge off.

I hate being so whiney like this. Its really not me.

My mom is staying with me right now, and she has lortab. She keeps telling me that if I just take half, maybe it will level me out. I have not because I am scared if I start, even with just a half, I won't stop.

The temptation is killing me, though.

I have been reading a lot of other threads here and I was wondering what exactly 'half-life' means in relation to suboxone? Also, I have a docors appt tomorrow to get my sub for next week, and I was thinking about asking him for subutex instead. Maybe the naloxone in the sub I am taking is causing my headaches?

Any thoughts you or anyone else here has regarding any of this would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you again for helping/putting up with me, Robert.

Default Lori

If you need it go ahead and take another 2mg. NO VICS!!! Don't do that under any circumstances, that would be insane to do now. I will be back online after church in couple hours tops. Can explain about the LONG half life of subs when I get back. And I ALWAYS recommend subutex over suboxone unless a person is an IV drug user. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Lori
    NO NO NO VICS That's what got you into this mess in the first place...
    I know it's hard the first couple of days but just give it a little time...
    Trust me you will be so happy you did...
    You can do this give yourself some credit and tell yourself I GOING TO DO THIS....
    Hang in there Lori it will be ok...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Anonymous Guest

Default scared and starting suboxone and wanting your help robert whenever you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    You absolutely can do this detox with suboxone. And it won't take any 32mg if allow me to help you with your induction. I've never had one single person in my life require anything close to that. The induction is very important, it needs to be done properly. And I've done this with people including myself on ridiculous amounts of drugs. I'm about to walk out the door for church but will be back online in a couple hours. If you're stopping the laud on Friday you will NOT be ready to be inducted on the suboxone before mid weekend. Let me know if you want my help. God bless.
    thanx so much for getting back to me..any thoughts on how i can begin as of tomorrow a.m./thursday?
    thanx, lilly

LORI ... hope you're doing better. Let me know how things are going now after the additional dose.

Lilly ... go to the following link and read the section on INDUCTION. Click on the link there for the COWS worksheet. It's self-explanatory. If you stop taking the medication tomorrow you would likely be ok SOME TIME on Saturday.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-23-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Rusttic is offline New Member

Default Here we go

Well im scared as hell.... But I am off to my familys cottage, my mother is going to come up there with me, take my car keys and wallet away and help me sweat it out. We have a hot tub up there and I am stoping at the Shoppers on the way there to get Vitamins ect as per Thomas' method.
    I will have to worry about dealing with work when i get through this next few days, but my life is more important than my job and I hope they see it this way as well.

Wish me luck. Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusttic View Post
    Well im scared as hell.... But I am off to my familys cottage, my mother is going to come up there with me, take my car keys and wallet away and help me sweat it out. We have a hot tub up there and I am stoping at the Shoppers on the way there to get Vitamins ect as per Thomas' method.
    I will have to worry about dealing with work when i get through this next few days, but my life is more important than my job and I hope they see it this way as well.

Wish me luck. Andrew.

Hi Andrew ... good luck buddy! Proud of you for taking this leap of faith. You deserve this remember that. You have the rest of your life ahead of you. You're about to do the best thing you've ever done for YOU. That is very cool.

I hope you have a laptop or some way to get online while you're there. I would love to hear how it's going, perhaps give you a little encouragement. The Thomas Recipe will help you a lot. Lots of people here have used it successfully. Just stick to it and remember don't use no matter what. I will add you to my prayer list. God bless.

Default Thank you Robert and Melinda....

I am feeling a little better now... I tried to hold off on the other 2mg of sub... thought maybe I could lay down and go to sleep to not think about it. No luck there, just tossed and turned. I went ahead w/ the other 2mg about an 30 minutes ago.

Both of you will be glad to know I am still hydro free. I am happy for myself. THAT was tempting. Even worse than the first couple of days when they were still in my purse. I am now FIVE DAYS clean!!! ---Minus the sub, of course.... lol.

Robert, it has been years since I used anything other than pills. My kids have kept me in line -at least as far as that goes. I dont even have any desire for any of it. I despise the thought of it, in fact. I really would like to try subutex... Any idea what I should tell the doctor? I get the idea they dont like prescribing it much. Why? Is the IV thing the whole reason?

I have a question for you, too, Melinda, if you don't mind. I am very blessed in that my family has been supporting me as much as they possibly can. My children are young. My son is 7 and my daughter is 6. I have told them that my doctor changed my medicine, and mommy will be sick while I am getting used to it. My husband knows the truth, of course. Anyway, their method of support is to be very, ummmm, affectionate. My daughter especially.... she is the snuggliest little creature on the planet. I know this is going to sound terrible, but I almost can't stand it right now. My husband too. Its horrible. All 3 of them want to hug me, and sit in my lap, and it makes me want to scream. My body is so sensitive that it almost hurts. Mostly, though, it makes me feel suffocated, or smothered. Again, they are all being soooooo sweet, and I cant bear the idea of hurting their feelings. I was just wondering if maybe you went through this too?? If so, any idea how to gently tell them to give me some space? Please dont think I am horrible for allowing myself to feel this way. Actually, I can deal with it... I am really curious how long this particular feeling is gonna stick around. I love my husband and my children so much. I don't want to push them away at a time when I need them more than ever. ANY ideas or thoughts on the matter would be wonderful.

Thank you both again

Default Oh yeah....

Robert.... when you get a minute, I would really appreciate it if you would elaborate on "the LONG half-life" of suboxone?

Quote Originally Posted by lilly555 View Post
    thanx so much for getting back to me..any thoughts on how i can begin as of tomorrow a.m./thursday?
    thanx, lilly

Summer ... I want you to take 4mg again in the morning. Then take 6mg in the late afternoon. I am hoping you can do well enough tomorrow at 10mg that you don't need any additional medication following the afternoon dose.

I DON'T want you to be getting sick again like you did tonight. Let me know what's happening when you can tomorrow. I know that this will smooth out for you and hopefully it will be tomorrow. Just don't get discouraged, I know you want this badly.

If you start feeling similar to what you felt tonight then you can take another 2mg taking you up to 12mg again. It wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm just trying to keep you at the lowest dose you can make it on so that you will have the easiest time possible when you taper off. Of course I realize that right now the taper at the end isn't near as important as having you get through the beginning. You want to do this with the least amount of discomfort as possible. I just don't want you to take a huge dose like what you were taking though as it will be even more negative later I promise you. You would regret it big time.

The couple days where you were taking the 24mg should be about out of your system by now. I believe that has affected you adversely some since we began working together. I'm confident that is about over with. Keep a positive attitude, you deserve to be clean! I will talk to you tomorrow. Take care and God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lori77 View Post
    I am feeling a little better now... I tried to hold off on the other 2mg of sub... thought maybe I could lay down and go to sleep to not think about it. No luck there, just tossed and turned. I went ahead w/ the other 2mg about an 30 minutes ago.

Both of you will be glad to know I am still hydro free. I am happy for myself. THAT was tempting. Even worse than the first couple of days when they were still in my purse. I am now FIVE DAYS clean!!! ---Minus the sub, of course.... lol.

Robert, it has been years since I used anything other than pills. My kids have kept me in line -at least as far as that goes. I don't even have any desire for any of it. I despise the thought of it, in fact. I really would like to try subutex... Any idea what I should tell the doctor? I get the idea they don't like prescribing it much. Why? Is the IV thing the whole reason?

I have a question for you, too, Melinda, if you don't mind. I am very blessed in that my family has been supporting me as much as they possibly can. My children are young. My son is 7 and my daughter is 6. I have told them that my doctor changed my medicine, and mommy will be sick while I am getting used to it. My husband knows the truth, of course. Anyway, their method of support is to be very, ummmm, affectionate. My daughter especially.... she is the snuggliest little creature on the planet. I know this is going to sound terrible, but I almost can't stand it right now. My husband too. Its horrible. All 3 of them want to hug me, and sit in my lap, and it makes me want to scream. My body is so sensitive that it almost hurts. Mostly, though, it makes me feel suffocated, or smothered. Again, they are all being soooooo sweet, and I cant bear the idea of hurting their feelings. I was just wondering if maybe you went through this too?? If so, any idea how to gently tell them to give me some space? Please don't think I am horrible for allowing myself to feel this way. Actually, I can deal with it... I am really curious how long this particular feeling is gonna stick around. I love my husband and my children so much. I don't want to push them away at a time when I need them more than ever. ANY ideas or thoughts on the matter would be wonderful.

Thank you both again
    Hi Lori
    Don't worry in just a few days all of your normal feeling are going to come back,My daughter is 17 and she seen what I was doing to myself,I was just numb to everything,but with in a couple weeks things were fine and my daughter is doing great, she is 17 and in collage.It's just hard with all that your going thru, But it will be over soon, and you will be the great mom and wife that you always have been...
    I felt the same way you are feeling now,but it will be OK I promise...
    I will be gone for a few days if you want to talk you can e-mail me.If you just click on my name it will show you how to contact me...
    your doing so good I'm really proud of you.
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Default Thank you, Melinda

I somehow knew you would make me feel better about that. Your kind and gentle words always do.... You are a truly beautiful person. I may just take you up on the email offer!

Thanks again!

Robert.... when you get a minute, I would really appreciate it if you would elaborate on "the LONG half-life" of suboxone?

First the naloxone ... it gives lots of people symptoms similar to what you have... the anxiety, restlessness, sleep issues, it can actually cause symptoms similar to those of opiate detox. The bottom line is that naloxone is only to keep people from abusing the subs by snorting or shooting it. So why take it if you aren't going to do that? Just makes sense to me plus the subutex doesn't do those things.

The half life of subs varies a little with our metabolism, activity, water consumption, all the things that would logically affect it. But it's between 36-70 hours. Let's just round it off for convenience sake in your case to 48 hours. That means that in 48 hours half the sub in your body would be gone. Then in another 48 hours half of that remaining sub would be gone. In another 48 hours half of that would be gone, and so on. It's not half gone in 48 hours and the other half gone the next 48 hours. It goes on and on.

It begins to get more complicated as we take additional doses. Each of those obviously have their half life too so it can become very complicated as you take medication over a period of time. Subs have a very long half life so this is why in the taper plan I tell people to always stay at the same dose for four days before dropping again. As you progress in this process and begin tapering down it can be the third day after you taper before you feel a w/d symptom. That's why I say that people need some guidance through this so they don't get totally confused and lost. Hope that helps. God bless.

Default Hey Robert...

Thanks for explaining that. I suppose the half life working like that is why you taper people using doses that alternate every other day.

I PROMISE you, I will be as strong as I possibly can tomorrow and finally stick with my 10mg limit. You,re absolutely right. I want this more than I can even put into words. I want to be clean. Hydro and suboxone.... you are so great to plan for the sub taper now. Instead of encouraging me to take a huge dose to feel better NOW, you are helping me to feel better FOREVER.

I barely know you, and yet I trust you implicitly. Anyone who has it within them to help total strangers, and to actually care about them, is a true ANGEL in my book. God sent me an angel... it was you. An e-angel, if you will! LOL

Seriously, though.... you are great! Thank you!

Summer ... thank you for the kind words but just remember when you're clean that someone could use your words of encouragement sometime. I needed support and someone in my corner too when I went through what you're going through. About anyone who will likely post here has been through it and they needed help too. Just keep your chin up, stay focused and you will once again become the person that is hiding inside you. I find that at times like this a very sincere and humble prayer helps me. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-29-2009 at 01:15 AM.

Robert, if (WHEN) I ever get clean, I would love to help someone else do the same. At this point I cant even imagine someone coming to ME for that kind of advice. But, I know I will get there. I will do anything I possibly can to help other people get there too. I have a funny feeling my friends are going to end up hating me.... because I intend to make them my first mission.

I only hope I have the ability to do it with the grace and understanding you and the rest of this site have shown me.

Anonymous Guest

I somehow knew you would make me feel better about that. Your kind and gentle words always do.... You are a truly beautiful person. I may just take you up on the email offer!

Thanks again!
    Hi Lori
    Well it looks like one of those nights I'm not going to sleep and I was reading your post,you too are are a sweet angel,I can tell just by the you are talking you will be guiding light to all that need you.
    you may have a little problem with your friends,The last thing your friends will want you to do is get clean it makes them look at themselves and they don't like that to well,i only have one friend left and she wont stop her pills no matter what I say to her. maybe you will have better luck than I did tho
    your doing such a good job at this,your going to do great,I wish you all the happiness this world has to offer you.
    God will bless you...
    hope your day goes as well as i think it will talk soon, Melinda

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast