Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    Lori77 is offline Junior Member

Default Hello Everyone!

Wow Melinda... you certainly seem to know this process well. My sister-in-law has been taking pills with me the entire time I have. I, of course, told her about the sub, and how well its been working. She seemed very excited and said she would give anything to be clean, bla bla bla, you know --she s going to make an appt with the sub doctor and all that. Now today, she texts me all happy because her doctor let her be seen a week early, so now she has a fresh script of 120 lorcet 10/650's. I really probably wouldn't care so much, except now she is on her way over to visit.

WHY?!? Just to mess with me? To put them in my face?? I dont get it. I think you're right, tho. Not only does she not want to quit, she doesn't want me to quit either. I am one less source she will have available, I guess. Or maybe, like you said, me getting clean would cause her to have to take a closer look at herself and her own demons.

Anyway... Robert, I just took my second dose of sub for today. I was going to try to wait longer, but with my sister-in-law coming, I decided I would really like to have 'my guns loaded' so to speak. I am at my 10mg limit. Please pray for God to give me the strength to stay there. I know I will be praying. Honestly, though, I think I will be fine. I feel better today than I have this entire week, so I should be a-ok.

My doctor gave me my sub refill today. I did not mention that I have been taking (way) less than he prescibed. He said I have to come back next week and he will lower me from 3 per day to 2.5 per day, and I should stay there for a couple of months. YEAH RIGHT, LOL. He refused to change the script to subutex, citing the IV drug user reason... he said he NEVER prescribes subutex. Too bad I am not a doctor... maybe if I was I would know whats best for EVERYONE. Whatever.....

I am happily on day 6 hydro free.... and I intend to stay that way.

I really appreciate everyone's help and support. I apologize for venting... trying to get a more positive attitude about me right now.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Hi Summer ... melinda is right. These friends/family that we were getting high with hate it when we get clean. You are a threat to them as silly as that sounds. You actually represent a chance for them to get clean too if they would follow suit, but it doesn't often happen. Most often we have to get a totally new group of people to hang with. I know that I had to at least. I don't even allow people who use to come into my house anymore if they have any drugs or are high. I still have people I care about who use but they aren't going to do it around me.

Don't allow her to get you to use. You don't use no matter what. I will definitely keep you in prayer. I'm going out for dinner but will be back early evening. I will check on you then. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default Tomorrow will be day 7 hydro free... a whole WEEK... YAY!!!

Hey Robert,

Hope you enjoyed your dinner out...

I am still clean. That was so HARD. I wanted to take a pill soooooo badly. But, I did not. Not even anymore sub. I dont feel good, but I know that is to be expected, so I will deal with it. Its not like its completely unmanageable anyway.

I didn't have the courage to do it tonight, but I will tell my sister-in-law, my mom, and everyone else I know who uses, that the stuff is no longer welcome in my home. If they hate me for it, then they never really cared about me to begin with, right? My husband assured me that if I can't make myself do it, he will be happy to take care of the issue. I think it would be best if I did that dirty work myself though. I think maybe its part of the process.

Back to work tomorrow. I am sure sleep will not come any easier tonight than it has over the last few days, so I am planning to take a couple of tylenol pm. That should take care of my headache and restlessness --narcotic free. If thats ok with you?

Anyway, let me know if you're here. If not, I am going to crash in about a half hour and will try to get back on here at lunch time tomorrow (around 1:30). Maybe we can touch base then.

Thanks a bunch,
    Summer

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lori77 View Post
    Wow Melinda... you certainly seem to know this process well. My sister-in-law has been taking pills with me the entire time I have. I, of course, told her about the sub, and how well its been working. She seemed very excited and said she would give anything to be clean, bla bla bla, you know --she s going to make an appt with the sub doctor and all that. Now today, she texts me all happy because her doctor let her be seen a week early, so now she has a fresh script of 120 lorcet 10/650's. I really probably wouldn't care so much, except now she is on her way over to visit.

WHY?!? Just to mess with me? To put them in my face?? I dont get it. I think you're right, tho. Not only does she not want to quit, she doesn't want me to quit either. I am one less source she will have available, I guess. Or maybe, like you said, me getting clean would cause her to have to take a closer look at herself and her own demons.

Anyway... Robert, I just took my second dose of sub for today. I was going to try to wait longer, but with my sister-in-law coming, I decided I would really like to have 'my guns loaded' so to speak. I am at my 10mg limit. Please pray for God to give me the strength to stay there. I know I will be praying. Honestly, though, I think I will be fine. I feel better today than I have this entire week, so I should be a-OK.

My doctor gave me my sub refill today. I did not mention that I have been taking (way) less than he prescribed. He said I have to come back next week and he will lower me from 3 per day to 2.5 per day, and I should stay there for a couple of months. YEAH RIGHT, LIL. He refused to change the script to subtext, citing the IV drug user reason... he said he NEVER prescribes subtext. Too bad I am not a doctor... maybe if I was I would know whats best for EVERYONE. Whatever.....

I am happily on day 6 hydro free.... and I intend to stay that way.

I really appreciate everyone's help and support. I apologize for venting... trying to get a more positive attitude about me right now.
    Hi Lori
    I'm out of town right now but I just had to jump on the computer and see how you were doing? Just a funny note my sister was my biggest dealer, I thought she was going to die when i quit all my pills, I got to keep all my money again...LOL If they are your friends they will have your back if not let them go...But I'm really happy for you...
    Talk soon, Melinda

Rusttic is offline New Member

Default Hi there

Well in since wed night i have been clean, Im up at the familys cottage and folllowing theThomas Recipe and am still extra rough. The main thing which i killing me is the leg twicht and leg pain. Anyone know if there is anyway to relieve or at least to get me somewhat tone down the RLS ? I really just wanna break down it just hurts so much.
    I got not a single wink if sleep last night.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Rusttic View Post
    Well in since wed night i have been clean, Im up at the familys cottage and folllowing theThomas Recipe and am still extra rough. The main thing which i killing me is the leg twicht and leg pain. Anyone know if there is anyway to relieve or at least to get me somewhat tone down the RLS ? I really just wanna break down it just hurts so much.

Andrew

Hi Andrew ... sounds like things are going pretty much normal for an opiate detox. The Thomas Recipe points out the thing about hot baths for helping SOME with the RLS thing. Sorry my friend but thats about the best thing there is and it's only short term help. You've got a few rough days ahead of you.

The good news is this will be pretty much over in a matter of days and then you never have to use again. Do EVERYTHING in that Recipe. Use that hot tub at the cottage too. Sleep is the last thing that ever returns to normal. You could have a rough time with sleep for several days actually. Then one morning you will wake up and realize you slept. From that day on it will get better and better. Keep us posted, let us know how you're doing. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default Lori77

Hi Summer ... I missed you last night. Went to dinner and ended up having a night of fun for myself! Even I need some fun sometimes too. You're doing great. And if it comes down to it, let your husband help you with others that are trying to drag you down. He is right and you're lucky to have him being so supportive of you although I do agree it would be therapeutic for you to do it yourself.

I will be here on and off today. Stay at your current dose today as you need to have a day or so to let your body get settled down. Then we are going to start taking you down to 8mg, then to 6mg, then down to where you will be totally clean from everything including the subs. It will take us a little while, but within 6-8 weeks we'll have you off everything just as I told you in the beginning. God bless.

Default One Week Clean!!

Good for you, Robert!! You deserve a night out.... hope it was wonderful!!!

Today was rough... a lot of regular stress that keeps going whether I want it to or not. I did not exceed my sub dose, tho. And, I will stay at the same tomorrow, per your instructions.

Melinda, you would be AMAZED at how much money I have saved this week!! Or, maybe you wouldn't... LOL
    I am exhausted... going to crash. Talk to ya tomorrow.

Robert, Melinda, RUSTTIC... May God bless and be with you all!

Rusttic, I admire your strength more than I can tell you. Good luck, my friend.

Goodnight everyone,
    Summer

Today was rough... a lot of regular stress that keeps going whether I want it to or not. I did not exceed my sub dose, tho. And, I will stay at the same tomorrow, per your instructions.

Melinda, you would be AMAZED at how much money I have saved this week!! Or, maybe you wouldn't... LOL

Goodnight everyone,
    Summer

Summer,

You're doing much better. I want you to relax through the weekend, get comfortable with the current dose. Enjoy the Super Bowl on Sunday and check back on Sunday night. I want to begin tapering down a little beginning on Monday. But unless there's a problem just have a good weekend and check back on Sunday evening. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Goodnight everyone,
    Summer
    Hi summer
    I'm so glad your doing so well,you are the kind of person that makes this fun you are trying so hard to get clean and just get on with our life...
    I'm so proud of you.and on the funny side I have been clean since AUG.and I have two new dressers and a full closet of new clothes, that would have gone to drugs before...I even got down to my normal weight after getting off all my pills...so good things are coming your way...LOL
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Anonymous Guest

Andrew
    Hi Andrew
    I just want you to know i feel your pain.
    I was taking allot of pain meds and did a taper.
    then went cold turkey the rest of the way.
    I know every minute seems like a life time but before you know it
    you will be done with this and you can move on to much more fun things.
    and do like Robert said,I would be living in that hot tub...LOL
    And by the way I like your name my sons name is Andrew..
    your going to have one more day over and thats one day sooner out of this mess...
    our going to do great talk to you soon, Melinda

Default Almost there

Well its now been 5 days and I am happy to say I feeling much much better than a the past few hellish days. My problem now is that I can not get a wink of sleep. Any ideas on how llong this will last, just so i can know when i will be able to go back to work. Im just zombie atm, but a zombie state that was not due to drugs ! However I have the shakes (cant drink tea without spipping ect), and i think this is mostly due to the lack of sleep, I cant go in lookin like this as I work in a bank.

Andrew.

have you tryed melitonion? You can get it at any grocery store or drug store and it doesnt cost much. If you havent tryed it I would. I am a total insomniac and that stuff at least gives me a few hrs of sleep. For most people it will work all night. Make sure the bedroom is dark, no TV or anything that would cause light or it will not be very effective. When you wake up open the blinds/curtains so light gets in and the melitonion will stop working, you can go on about your day. I have a script for ambien and I find that the melitonion actually works better??? You can also take it with valerion root, that combo should help you get some sleep until it returns after detox & alittle clean time. I want you to know I think you are a very strong person to make it this far. Good Luck with it. I will be praying for you to have continued strenght and to get some sleep. I think you will do great

Default Thanks for alll the support!

I really wanna say that just talking and seeing that I am not alone in this made things so much easier. I feel rejuvinated in my mind and hopefully my body follows suit soon. But, I will sacrifice some sleep if it means im drug free. I have the Melatonin and val root combo going atm but does not seem to have much effect on me I guess that time heals all wounds and that is what the case will have to be here !

This reallly showed me just how strong i can be if i put my mind to it !

Love you all for the support.
    Andrewl.

I really wanna say that just talking and seeing that I am not alone in this made things so much easier. I feel rejuvinated in my mind and hopefully my body follows suit soon. But, I will sacrifice some sleep if it means im drug free. I have the Melatonin and val root combo going atm but does not seem to have much effect on me I guess that time heals all wounds and that is what the case will have to be here !

This reallly showed me just how strong i can be if i put my mind to it !

Love you all for the support.
    Andrewl.

I have a lot of respect for you Andrew ... you made up your mind to do this and you've never looked back. Now you've got enough clean days behind you where things should begin to turn around for you soon.

Whatever we really believe we can do within reason we can achieve it with the right attitude. It's not always easy but it just takes some focus and a little time. You should start feeling better now, each day should start being a little better than the previous one almost any day now. Keep us posted my friend. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    You absolutely can do this detox with suboxone. And it won't take any 32mg if allow me to help you with your induction. I've never had one single person in my life require anything close to that. The induction is very important, it needs to be done properly. And I've done this with people including myself on ridiculous amounts of drugs. I'm about to walk out the door for church but will be back online in a couple hours. If you're stopping the laud on Friday you will NOT be ready to be inducted on the suboxone before mid weekend. Let me know if you want my help. God bless.
    hi robert; iwent off the laud for 36 hrs; a record for me; then went out of town; away from my triggers; i followed my doc's directions as i had no access to a computer. So far, i took 12 mgs of sub on day 1 and 2 and today i tried taking my doses in quarters; (8mg's cut in 4 pieces);took 10mgs total today; i did much better w/ the w/d symptoms by spreading these out every few hours, but am still not getting it right. If it's not too late for your help, i am home now and would welcome your direction for tomorrow.thanx, lilly

Anonymous Guest

robert; just as an f.y.i. i did read your induction directions today; where i am confused is where i have had these past 3 days at about 12mgs of the sub; would i still start tomorrow w/ the rec' 2mg every hour to "receive the maximum benefit from the medication" as you have instructed; or is it a bit different for me? Also, i'm confused about the goal of trying to stay at the 8mgs total for the entire day...am i understanding your directions for induction right? thanx again, lilly

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilly555 View Post
    robert; just as an f.y.i. i did read your induction directions today; where i am confused is where i have had these past 3 days at about 12mgs of the sub; would i still start tomorrow w/ the rec' 2mg every hour to "receive the maximum benefit from the medication" as you have instructed; or is it a bit different for me? Also, i'm confused about the goal of trying to stay at the 8mgs total for the entire day...am i understanding your directions for induction right? thanx again, lilly
    robert; sorry to post again so soon, but thought you should know my doctor wants me to take an 8 mg in the a.m. and an 8 mg in p.m....That seems too high based on all my readings here and what i was able to manage/suffer w/ on the past 3 days at 12mgs total?
    thanx, lilly

robert; sorry to post again so soon, but thought you should know my doctor wants me to take an 8 mg in the a.m. and an 8 mg in p.m....That seems too high based on all my readings here and what i was able to manage/suffer w/ on the past 3 days at 12mgs total?
    thanx, lilly

I will help but this is a perfect example of why I ask people to let me do the induction. The dr is telling you to take 16mg per day. That is entirely too much. You are taking doses scattered throughout the day. No one has done anything the right way. You've read my suggestions and can see that none of this is in line with what has been proven to work best.

I'm not trying to be harsh with you but putting yourself in my place you can see that even though I KNOW how to do this when you go three days into this doing nothing the way I suggest doing it that it makes it pretty hard for me to jump in and have everything back on track in one day. NO there is no reason to start out doing an induction now taking 2mg an hour apart. That is what should have been done before you began doing this the way you chose to do it.

I don't know at this point what dose will work best for you. I could have told you exactly if we had done this together a few days ago. I can tell you that there is NO way you need to be taking little pieces of your sub throughout the day. You don't take it like that.

Tomorrow take 6mg when you get up and take 4mg late afternoon. I just have to see how you react and then give suggestions accordingly. Don't take suboxone four times in one day. That serves no purpose. Take it like I suggested and then let me know tomorrow afternoon how you are doing. We can then make adjustments from that point forward. If you will go along with me I will get this straightened out over the next two days and have you doing this the right way on the right dose. I need your cooperation though to get you on track. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

I will help but this is a perfect example of why I ask people to let me do the induction. The dr is telling you to take 16mg per day. That is entirely too much. You are taking doses scattered throughout the day. No one has done anything the right way. You've read my suggestions and can see that none of this is in line with what has been proven to work best.

I'm not trying to be harsh with you but putting yourself in my place you can see that even though I KNOW how to do this when you go three days into this doing nothing the way I suggest doing it that it makes it pretty hard for me to jump in and have everything back on track in one day. NO there is no reason to start out doing an induction now taking 2mg an hour apart. That is what should have been done before you began doing this the way you chose to do it.

I don't know at this point what dose will work best for you. I could have told you exactly if we had done this together a few days ago. I can tell you that there is NO way you need to be taking little pieces of your sub throughout the day. You don't take it like that.

Tomorrow take 6mg when you get up and take 4mg late afternoon. I just have to see how you react and then give suggestions accordingly. Don't take suboxone four times in one day. That serves no purpose. Take it like I suggested and then let me know tomorrow afternoon how you are doing. We can then make adjustments from that point forward. If you will go along with me I will get this straightened out over the next two days and have you doing this the right way on the right dose. I need your cooperation though to get you on track. God bless.
    hi robert; you are absolutely right on all points; i've had enough therapy to take responsibility for my mistakes and i sincerely and humbly apologize for my confusion. and i genuinely want to try this whole process w/ your help and all w/ the best intentions for short term use of the subs...i am trying very hard to get my life back on track...anyway; took your advice and took the 6 mg this a.m. and will take the 4mg late afternoon and then try to check in w/ you....i am at work till 5:00 EST and then have therapy (!) and won't be home till 8:00 p.m.
    am grateful for your support and looking forward to our next post....first time in a long time that i've looked forward to anything! and again, i am truly sorry for being yet another confused person w/ all this information; but i'm starting to finally get it!
    lilly

Anonymous Guest

hi robert and all..well, it is 1:00 p.m. and i am at work trying very hard to focus and get my work done w/out the use of my usual opiate haze, to make me go thru' the motions...everything feels completely unnatural.....i have overall anxiety (nothing new for me) and i have had some flushing w/ my heart/pulse racing, but only for a few min and then it goes away; also some chills, prickly skin and have to keep re-directing my mind to stay on task., but again, all of this is coming and going and not lasting long, so it is tolerable. Is this side effects of the sub or is this w/d or maybe both?...Was going to wait to take the 4mg of sub around 4:00p.m. Another question; if these symptoms i've described are bearable and passing, does this mean i'm doing pretty good w/ this dose?...i mean, i don't feel great, nor do i expect too, but as i literally take this one hour at a time, each hour seems like i can take it.....
    And does anyone have any suggestions for any types of foods, drinks, vitamins,etc., that might help me along in all of this? I've heard chocolate is suppose to do something as well as B-6 and L-Tyrosine......i appreciate anyone's input and hope to hear back from you soon Robert....how does the 4mg at 4:00p.m. sound to you....i'm really trying to follow as instructed and want to make sure i'm doing this right.
    thanx, lilly

hi robert and all..well, it is 1:00 p.m. and i am at work trying very hard to focus and get my work done w/out the use of my usual opiate haze, to make me go thru' the motions...everything feels completely unnatural.....i have overall anxiety (nothing new for me) and i have had some flushing w/ my heart/pulse racing, but only for a few min and then it goes away; also some chills, prickly skin and have to keep re-directing my mind to stay on task., but again, all of this is coming and going and not lasting long, so it is tolerable. Is this side effects of the sub or is this w/d or maybe both?...Was going to wait to take the 4mg of sub around 4:00p.m. Another question; if these symptoms i've described are bearable and passing, does this mean i'm doing pretty good w/ this dose?...i mean, i don't feel great, nor do i expect too, but as i literally take this one hour at a time, each hour seems like i can take it.....
    And does anyone have any suggestions for any types of foods, drinks, vitamins,etc., that might help me along in all of this? I've heard chocolate is suppose to do something as well as B-6 and L-Tyrosine......i appreciate anyone's input and hope to hear back from you soon Robert....how does the 4mg at 4:00p.m. sound to you....i'm really trying to follow as instructed and want to make sure i'm doing this right.
    thanx, lilly

lilly ... taking the 4mg at 4:00 is fine. Understand that you are in opiate detox while doing this. You could take a large dose of subs like what was suggested, but then you will end up having more problems getting off that down the road. I'm trying to help you so that you can be off everything in the shortest amount of time possible. I think that is the best way to do this.

I know you are trying and I appreciate that fact. You're going to have a couple days of making up for the mistakes that were made the previous days when you were never inducted properly. We are starting this behind the 8 ball. Had I done the induction with you from the start you would feel like dancing right now. But we are having to compensate for the mistakes that were already made.

If you go along with me we'll have this all corrected over today and tomorrow. That's the best that can be expected realistically when the induction wasn't done properly. Remember I told you before that the induction is possibly the most important part of this process. It's so much easier when you start out doing everything right instead of having to go back and correct mistakes three days into it. Plus we are having to deal with your opiate detox that would have been neutralized had the induction been done the way I originally suggested and you had been stabilized properly. Hang in there and we will get this right, it's just going to take a day or two. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

lilly ... taking the 4mg at 4:00 is fine. Understand that you are in opiate detox while doing this. You could take a large dose of subs like what was suggested, but then you will end up having more problems getting off that down the road. I'm trying to help you so that you can be off everything in the shortest amount of time possible. I think that is the best way to do this.

I know you are trying and I appreciate that fact. You're going to have a couple days of making up for the mistakes that were made the previous days when you were never inducted properly. We are starting this behind the 8 ball. Had I done the induction with you from the start you would feel like dancing right now. But we are having to compensate for the mistakes that were already made.

If you go along with me we'll have this all corrected over today and tomorrow. That's the best that can be expected realistically when the induction wasn't done properly. Remember I told you before that the induction is possibly the most important part of this process. It's so much easier when you start out doing everything right instead of having to go back and correct mistakes three days into it. Plus we are having to deal with your opiate detox that would have been neutralized had the induction been done the way I originally suggested and you had been stabilized properly. Hang in there and we will get this right, it's just going to take a day or two. God bless.
    robert, thanx for the quick reply and the support....i am lol at your comments about how i messed up the initial induction; trust me, i get it!..lol again, at myself; not you! however, even w/ all that said, i am still trying to stay positive and am encouraged even w/ what i am feeling; the good and the bad...can't wait to take a long hot soak in the tub by the time i get home at 8:00 tonite, my body is crying out for it and it has helped me the past few days....hopefully, some of my lessons and sharing will educate and help/support, other's like me, going thru' this.....again, thanx and especially for the heartfelt "god bless".
    and i will post you when i get home tonite to tell you my progress from the 4mgs at 4:00p.m. and hopefully you will have a sense of where i am at and what i should do for tomorrow; "One day at a time" is so true!
    lilly

Anonymous Guest

robert; i just arrived home after a very emotionally draining therapy session; painful but very much needed....my thought/mantra for tomorrow/something many of us can ponder on, was this; "the substance (my opiates) became my primary relationship", i never thought/viewed it like that before; yet it makes sense when i think back on the past 10plus years of isolating socially from friends, family, not even dating for 7 years...yes, i was in physical/emotional pain and i wanted to feel good and these opiates did that for awhile...then what i thought was "feeling good", really became just a way of numbing/coping (or so i thought) and then it all just evolved into my own self-defined way of life....all just an escape and now i'm back to square one and have to face my demons; sober....realizing that i didn't think i had the tools w/out my opiate tools; anyway, i digress, i'm sure you've heard this all before, but maybe this will help one person reading this..anyway, luckily i have found a great therapist, very knowledgeable/experienced in opiate addiction and i am committed to meeting w/ her once a week; tho' i have a long road ahead and that thought alone makes me want to give up....she gives me a little thought or homework to take home; something that works for me; she gave me some readings on understanding and managing cravings for this week; also gave me something to read w/ suggested tips on "actions to distractions" each time i get a craving; which is still pretty intense.
    Anyway, that's the update on today and the rest you have from my last post....as of right now, 8:30p.m., i am still having some waves of warm flushes, prickly skin, general anxiety and a little less restlessness than yesterday. So, what is you direction for the suboxone dose for tomorrow for me....please let me know, as i am now following your directions to the letter and am already feeling a bit better.....
    god bless YOU this time......lilly

Lilly .... I want your body to get some rest for a day or so. We can begin to taper after tomorrow. I don't think it's wise to do anything different tomorrow. Just repeat today's dosing instructions. I am hoping that tomorrow goes a little smoother than today.

I would like to see you down to 8mg on Thursday, two doses of 4mg each. But just do a repeat tomorrow and cut your body some slack. Let me know tomorrow evening how you're doing. I go to church on Weds from 6:15 until about 8:15 and I'm in Houston so you'll know the time zone. I will check on you as soon as I come in tomorrow night.

You're going to do just fine with this. And for what it's worth I agree 100% with everything your therapist said to you. We all have a love/hate relationship with our drugs of choice. It's like getting over a death when we get clean. Just don't use no matter what and you will get better every day. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Lilly .... I want your body to get some rest for a day or so. We can begin to taper after tomorrow. I don't think it's wise to do anything different tomorrow. Just repeat today's dosing instructions. I am hoping that tomorrow goes a little smoother than today.

I would like to see you down to 8mg on Thursday, two doses of 4mg each. But just do a repeat tomorrow and cut your body some slack. Let me know tomorrow evening how you're doing. I go to church on Weds from 6:15 until about 8:15 and I'm in Houston so you'll know the time zone. I will check on you as soon as I come in tomorrow night.

You're going to do just fine with this. And for what it's worth I agree 100% with everything your therapist said to you. We all have a love/hate relationship with our drugs of choice. It's like getting over a death when we get clean. Just don't use no matter what and you will get better every day. God bless.
    robert, your reply brought tears to my eyes; tears of pain and of some hope....i haven't felt understanding/support of all this ever; no one has ever seemed to have " gotten this"...partly cuz i hid it, i was in denial about it especially when a few loved ones (mostly my own teenage kids and family) occ' had the courage to even mention it...i always had an excuse and a justification....i've wasted so much time and have so much to make up for, i just pray that i can....this is actually the first time i've ever even had the sincere desire/want to even address it all..i'm honestly not feeling sorry for myself, but more for the first time; taking a long hard look at myself and my life....i still don't know what took me so long, but i suppose some of this i will discover as i go along w/ this process...also, my therapist also equated the love/hate w/ my drugs as similiar to a death or like the my own divorce 12 years ago; maybe someone reading this can relate.... anyway, thank you again, my words cannot fully express what i'm feeling; but i will follow your directions and post to you tomorrow, to see where we go from there.
    Peace, lilly

Anonymous Guest

robert, your reply brought tears to my eyes; tears of pain and of some hope....i haven't felt understanding/support of all this ever; no one has ever seemed to have " gotten this"...partly cuz i hid it, i was in denial about it especially when a few loved ones (mostly my own teenage kids and family) occ' had the courage to even mention it...i always had an excuse and a justification....i've wasted so much time and have so much to make up for, i just pray that i can....this is actually the first time i've ever even had the sincere desire/want to even address it all..i'm honestly not feeling sorry for myself, but more for the first time; taking a long hard look at myself and my life....i still don't know what took me so long, but i suppose some of this i will discover as i go along w/ this process...also, my therapist also equated the love/hate w/ my drugs as similiar to a death or like the my own divorce 12 years ago; maybe someone reading this can relate.... anyway, thank you again, my words cannot fully express what i'm feeling; but i will follow your directions and post to you tomorrow, to see where we go from there.
    Peace, lilly
    Hi lilly
    we all have to come to terms with what we are doing with are life.its just your time.I thought the same thing when i quit my drugs.now I look back and think what a wast of my time but there is nothing we can do about it now so just look to see how you can improve your life now and don't worry about what happened back then it doesn't matter any more.
    Today is a new day,so do what you can do to help yourself get to be where you want to be...
    Wish you luck, Melinda

COLIN_1107 is offline New Member

Hello Everyone!

I am a new member on Drugs.com and I have spent quite some time reading through this thread in particular.
    December '08 I enrolled in a suboxone treatment program. Prior to choosing the one I enrolled in, I did research into the over 200+ Docs in my area(being Philly,PA). For obvious reasons I didn't get to interact with all of the doctors offering a program, I would say I spoke to about 35 different Docs about suboxone treatment. Honestly, each one seemed to have a different approach to the way suboxone should be administered. It was the whole sprectrum, "you'll be on it for quite possibly the rest of your life" all the way to "I want to have you off or close to being off suboxone in 6-12 months."
    I have been in three rehab facilities and to no fault of theirs, I relapsed. Harder and harder each time. I finally decided to try suboxone. The subsequent Doc that I choose wants to have me off suboxone by no later than a year.
    Sorry for the long, drawn out post but I just want to say that some Docs are unfortunately in it for the constant money flow subs. create. My Doc is very serious about freeing me from the mental prison I created for myself with opiates.
    I started with 16mg a day for the first month. After speaking(asking?) my doc if I can start to taper, he responded "only if you feel you are ready". He is genuinely concerned with my well being. It is the beginning of Feb. and I am down to 8mg a day.
    Not to sound preachy but YOU HAVE TO supplement the suboxone with therapy. Whether it be regular NA meetings, Out-Patient rehab, or a support group with common goals. To end my WAY TOO LONG POST, it's all in how much courage and will-power to want to breakthrough and break free.

If I can be of any help to anyone, I will gladly do what I can do. Good luck to everyone.

P.S. Hope you folks dont ban me from the thread for having my first post end up a novel.

COLIN ... remember that after a month your opiate detox is over. There is no reason to extend the time you're on the suboxone. Continue your taper by reducing your total daily dose by 25% every four days. You'll be off the subs in no time. Once you get down to .5mg skip a day entirely, then take a dose, skip two days then take a dose, skip three days then take a dose, skip four days and you are off entirely. It won't take that long. Following that process along with your recovery meetings and you will do fine. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

COLIN ... remember that after a month your opiate detox is over. There is no reason to extend the time you're on the suboxone. Continue your taper by reducing your total daily dose by 25% every four days. You'll be off the subs in no time. Once you get down to .5mg skip a day entirely, then take a dose, skip two days then take a dose, skip three days then take a dose, skip four days and you are off entirely. It won't take that long. Following that process along with your recovery meetings and you will do fine. God bless.
    hi robert, melinda and colin....i appreciate all your time/energy/info, but mostly support on this site ( somehow i stumbled ( probably literally) LOL unto this thread called xanax and suboxone and this is where i have been reading and following; am not sure if i should be on a different forum on this site or if this is basically all one forum and we can all view, share and benefit....i probably need to search out more threads for more info/support. i have looked into other sites, which had too much of "drug talk/swapping/sharing, w/ideas on how to get drugs and/or get high....that is the opposite of where i am finally at in my conviction/recovery, so this site has worked so far for me....
    after my postings yesterday from my emotional visit to my shrink, coupled w/ still on going w/d's ( they are getting better; so there's hope for all of us; i haven't gone one day w/out huge amounts of some type of opiate for over 10 years now) and reading the postings under the title Percocet and Ambiem, i was really struck by the thread/discussion regarding someone i think called Mailaise (sp?) or something similiar..this thread really sumed up what i had been doing and what i now have to do.....and Melinda, you very eloquently stated it as well.....so i wanted to thank you for your support and encouragement, i hope i can do this.....i do know my next step is NA and/or AA meetings and getting a sponser, as i have no family near by and due to my opiate induced isolation of the past 5-10 years, i'm a little rusty on the socializing w/ people; tho' if you saw me on the street or at my job, you'd never know....it's all just the facade i've worn ( of course w/ the help of the opiates) and now ( past 4 days) i'm learning all over again to engage in "normal"...whatever that is....basically i mean w/out my warm opiate lingering back up feeling.....WOW...
    Robert, i took the 6 mgs this a.m. as instructed; today at work has been similiar to yesterday, tho' i must admitt everything is a little less intense; the warm flushes are shorter and fewer between, much less chills, tho' still some; anxiety lowered; have been able to focus a bit better; however, i've been getting a little more heart racing waves ( and had about a half hour of them last night right before bed)......they make me feel a bit panicky, but i'm trying to get thru them and they pass; but i am having one right now....is this still my opiate detox that you mentioned? Also, i was going to take my 4mg still at 4:00p.m. EST as you suggested....do you think this is still a good idea? let me know when you get a chance; i am at work till 5:00 and have to be very careful how often i can go on-line.......oh well, that's life for everyone...
    thanx again for everything...you too melinda...and colin....i appreciate everything...
    lilly

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast