Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Xanax and Suboxone?
    rob_bladen is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by astounding View Post
    First of all, does anyone here not see the trend?

Let me explain briefly, then I'll tell you all how to rid yourself of these problems.

First of all, hydrocodone is one of the most attainable pain killers on the market today. It is also a gateway drug. Many do not realize this. Hydrocodone leads to sleeplessness and an inability to judge what is normal pain and what is not. In other words, after being on a hydrocodone/percocet for so long, you will experience normal every day pain and your brain will tell you to take a pill to rid you of this pain. Although this works, it is not healthy.

The hydrocodone leads to an inablity to sleep as I said earlier. Hence doctors will prescribe sleep medications so a person may achieve a healthy nights sleep. And last but not least, when the pain meds and sleep meds are not working and a patient or doctor wishes to take a person away from these narcotics, suboxone is usually the most effective method.

Also, meds such as xanax and valium should NOT be mixed with the suboxone, as this can lead to a complete shut down of respiratory function in high enough doses, often times in small doses. If you need sleep help, read below, but do NOT mix the two medications. Your doctor should not prescribe these two meds to you while taking the other.

As for the sleeplessness. And urination problems

I will tell you all having this to go purchase some chamomille tea, get some...not alot necessarily...but some....excercise, and drink alot of water. Your body is suppose to have 64 oz. of water a day minimum to funtion properly, and this has many benefits besides the ability to sleep better.

This is also for the people having trouble urinating with the suboxone. Drink at least 64 oz. of water a day, and do not try to force yourself to urinate. When your body is ready, it will let you know. Often times people will feel an urge to go when on suboxone and not really need to. Walk around a little bit, around the block perhaps, and drink that water. This will eliminate the urinating problem.

The constipation.

There is a simple way to have a bowel movement that I recommend that is safe. It is called a suppository. Dulcolax makes one that works in 15 minutes to an hour. Although this sound disgusting to some people, the suppository is perhaps an inch long and maybe an 1/8th of an inch in width so it is not as bad as it seems. It may take longer than hour to work...but it does. They are over the counter, and can be purchased at most if not all pharmacies. Also realize that suboxone is not meant to be cold turkeyed. You need to ween yourself off of them. If your doctor is giving you more than you think you need, split the pill in half, and work your way down in mg dosage approximatley every 2 weeks.
    Mr. MD,

With all due respect to the giant body of knowledge you gained in medical school, residency, internship, practise, etc. I hope you will read my posting of 5/17/09 on this issue.

I became addicted to opiates over four years of chronic pain which resulted in many surgeries, the final one finally correcting the problem. The urologist who initially treated my pain, finally had no choice but to refer me to a pain clinic. I did try holistic approaches such as accupuncture, hypnotism, and the less invasive TENS unit... all without success.

The anesthesiologists at the pain clinic prescribed to me oxycontin, eventually 120mg qd, 8mg hydromorphone qd, prn breakthrough pain, and an endless supply of xanax. Certainly you know that opiates and sedatives are routinely prescribed concurrently. I assume the perspective of your posting was such because you were addressing drug addicts, and assumed that all drug addicts abuse any medication. Perhaps a responsible position to take under to circumstances, but not necessarily a sound one. As I wrote in my own posting, I know/have known countless people successfully taking their suboxone or methadone with benzodiazepines.

Thanks for considering my position; I first knew I was an opiate addict at 19, so I'm not without experience on these matters.

Rob
    rob_bladen@yahoo.com

MidnightStar is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcollin4 View Post
    once a drug addict ALWAYS a drug addict!
    That's definitely not a true fact!

xisolationx is offline Member

Unhappy glad i found this forum...but i'm a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Yes the time has flown by. And yes it's time to reduce your dose by 25% now down to 6mg. You can take it in two equal doses or if it's easier to do it 4mg and 2mg that is okay as well. When you reduce next time we can just take it off the 4mg dose. That will make this easier on you cutting up the pills.

You are past the opiate detox now and the remaining time helps with your cravings. It also affords you time to get involved in some sort of a recovery program to help you maintain your clean time on a long term basis.

I will contact you tomorrow evening per the email I received from you yesterday. After being out of state the last couple weeks I'm kind of buried in personal business for a couple days so my posts will be limited. But I will call you tomorrow. God bless.
    So I saw you working with Lori and I cannot find the conclusion to her story of detoxing/sub therapy but I am going into a sub doctor (luckily, I get to use Subutex as they treat non IV users with this drug over Suboxone) and I have no idea what to expect. As i write this, my drug dealer (oxycontin) is calling me. Both of my parents are dead and honestly, harder to tell than my mom I think is going to be to tell him, the fake drug dealer that I'm going into treatment.

I don't think my quantities are that high compared THANK GOD because the drug I've been using is SO expensive that it pretty much forces you to either be rich, have a script or go through withdrawls once a week and be non functional. By the third day of not using 160 mgs per day of oxycontin, I'm worthless. The first day sucks, the second day is painful (and I also do have a horrible pinched nerve but I'll deal) and the third well, i usually get paid by the third day so by the end of it I hook up with a few oxys (70 bucks each!).

I'm sick of it. I'm also addicted to xanax and i haven't taken it for two days so those withdrawls are kicking in but the sub doc won't see me if I'm on benzos so I have to talk to the nurse about this when I go in on Thursday. I am TERRIFIED and I don't have much support. I told my best friend but she lives in los angeles and far from here so I have been searching and searching for information on this. I'm so tired of running out of money and running out of drugs and "needing" this ******** to be normal. I'm a different person when I'm on oxy. It's like I can work for days straight and have a wonderful attitude. When it wears off, I'm useless and depressed.

I feel like for the rest of the time I'm supposed to be on this earth, I don't want to be such a letdown. I want to pay my bills, pay the people who helped me when I was broke and not have to leave work in the middle of the day (a job that is supposed to end Friday but it sounds like I might get extended?) to get drugs so I don't literally cr@p myself. I'm so done it's not even funny.

I'm really angry that I have had so many doctors who wouldn't appropriately manage my pain because they were afraid I'd be addicted to drugs yet, I'm addicted to drugs. I'm mad at myself yes and working on forgiving everyone, including me. I took the last sliver of oxy i had at 6pm and it did nothing but I have to pee clean Thursday at 11 so YAY...I get to go sit in a doctors office for 4 hours and then start taking subutex. It was so hard to get this approved through my insurance but I hope it helps.

I've been through Alanon as both of my parents were alcoholics and died because of it. I always imagined I'd OD or mix wrong and kill myself that way I could die and not have guilt that it was intentional. I really do want to WANT to live and I hope this therapy gives me some hope of working to get that back for myself. I don't see myself going to NA but we will see. There are some good people in those programs.

Anyway, I'm scared and literally ********tin myself here but I guess I can't take any xanax. I'll take it into the doc on Thurs and they can take it away if they want.

Any advice from anyone is much appreciated. Thanks all!!

CKmvp4life is offline New Member

Default life after percs and oxys (suboxone)

I have been taking hydrocodone 30 mg pills called rococetes or rockers what ever you want to call them. I habitually sniffed the pills about 15 to 30 mg at a time 3-4 times a day. roughly an average GOOD day called for about 90 mg of painkillers. I lived like this for 2 years only taking a day or two off from the fixes.
    I realized things were getting bad when i started becoming this disgusting selfish person who only cared about getting high. I started stealing from my friends and family. i became a compulsive lier with this fake ass facade that i couldn't keep up.
    I felt like my addiction wasn't my fault though. I had unbelievable panic attacks through out the day, with severe shortness of breath, it felt like i couldn't breath all day. this went on for about 3 months. i went to the doctors thinking it was a breathing problem, and they prescribed me inhalers and what not. Life was like this great big panic attack all day until the day i met Roxanne(oxycodone 30 Mg) and all my breathing problems went away.
    i was taking them at first to just feel normal. kind of like my own self medication. 10mg here 5 here. It made me fell like i could breath and function again, and since the doctors didn't know what was wrong with me...i felt like i found a cure. I was wrong. I became an addict and a fiend and a different person all together. i wasn't happy i was irritable and i knew i had to quite. I relized that the only person to blame for your addiction is yourself.
    I tried cold turkey but the withdrawal was too much. I didn't last long the first time i tried to quite. I relapsed and was using harder than before.
    It wasn't till i started to take suboxone that i finally had it in me to quite. it took the aches and pains away and didn't feel tired or irritable. of coarse i missed the act of sniffing pills and i know ill always be an addict. but ive been sober for three months. i cheated once on a day two weeks ago but didn't relapse. for anyone trying to kick a perc habit, you need to ask your doctor about suboxone.

That's awesome that you've made it. I know that constant panic feeling and in fact, I've been having issues breathing for the last two days (hrm...something to do with being off of my oxy xanax cocktail?). How did your induction go? I'm afraid of it honestly. They said I could get sick but they won't put me in it until my UA comes back clean.

Anyway, I know I feel like a jerk myself too. I don't steal but I've thought about it so it's the same thing. I've stolen a lot of my life That's for sure.

I hope we can keep posting here and I I hope we can make it.

intelmetal is offline Senior Member

Default 2 new members

Hi ! and welcome aboard. You have found the best site on the web, PERIOD ! Keep coming back here and ask for help, you will be shocked by all the wonderful people on this forum. I am currently tapering off suboxone after a bad 7+ year methadone habit, before that vics, percs, oxy, etc. I found this site 2 days before induction to subs, and thank God I did. I started in May at 8mgs and now I am at .25mgs ( will be clean in a few weeks ) Keep reading and keep posting here. This is the best forum around, no other site even comes close. Good Luck to both of you !
    IWANTOUT

to live my life and to be free !

Quote Originally Posted by intelmetal View Post
    Hi ! and welcome aboard. You have found the best site on the web, PERIOD ! Keep coming back here and ask for help, you will be shocked by all the wonderful people on this forum. I am currently tapering off suboxone after a bad 7+ year methadone habit, before that vics, percs, oxy, etc. I found this site 2 days before induction to subs, and thank God I did. I started in May at 8mgs and now I am at .25mgs ( will be clean in a few weeks ) Keep reading and keep posting here. This is the best forum around, no other site even comes close. Good Luck to both of you !
    IWANTOUT

i'm coming here...constantly! I am having issues getting out of bed to go to work...a job I only have three more days of, 1/2 of one will be my induction day. UGH! Crazy...I am curious how people on subs are in w/d? I thought the point of the subs was to get you OUT of that w/d and then taper off. I am just looking for encouragement and you all seem to be great at that but for this moment, I have to force myself out of bed and hope I make it! Thanks to anyone who reads/responds

Default see, i'm back HELP

well, i was able to get out of bed but this is a hard week. First, i have to be in w/d (which I definitely am) to be seen for induction. Next, there is a money issue with insurance but I think I got that part figured out. Now, I have to make it through three days of work and it's hard for me to leave the house, I haven't been able to eat for the last two days but I managed some coffee and I'll get ensure when I get paid in case I can't eat on the subutex.

I did take more xanax today and I'm afraid they'll UA me and say sorry, you're on xanax, no sub. I'm going to call them today to make sure that if I am willing to surrender whatever xanax I have, they'll still go through with it because I have to kick this otherwise, rather than induction on thursday, I will be going out to get more oxy OR ending this messy life somehow. I'm not answering the drug dealer calls and I don't want to have to go that route but I'm terrified right now! I KNOW this is the time to do it. I won't have the pressure of working while I stabalize (unless I've been extended which I thought yesterday but have a feeling I will find out in an hour and half I was wrong about so yes, this is my last few days at work boo hoo). I hope to God I can be normal again. Racing thoughts. Boy...here we go. One foot in front of the other to work I hope. I know I will make it even though it doesn't feel good, a lot of things in my life haven't felt good but made me a better person. I feel like I'm doing a major dump here and maybe I am...hope people are still reading here (thanks for the supporters!). bye

Default Yikes

This sucks. I keep looking here and on my blackberry to see if anyone has replied to my posts. I HATE feeling so tweaky!! I'm doubting I will be able to eat lunch today (money is toast until tomorrow and I don't know if I want that stuff coming out of me while I'm in withdawl!).

I'm going for a walk I guess. Man, I hope if I ever had a kid or could help someone, I could help them to understand. Maybe someone will read this and understand that the high is NEVER worth the low.

intelmetal is offline Senior Member

Default Yikes

If your already in withdrawls, why are you not taking your subs yet. If you are hurting you should feel great as soon as you take your first sub. Please tell me calmly exactly what your story is, from the beginning. Your post are a little confusing. We can help you if we know all the facts. I had no problems at all making the switch from methadone to suboxone ( the hardest switch there is ). Please respond so we can get you feeling good !
    IWANTOUT

First thanks!

Second, here goes. I have a pinched nerve and have been off and on opiate medication for 5 or more years. I used to be able to take pain meds and muscle relaxers as prescribed and then stop when the condition subsided. No more.

For the last couple of years, I have been addicted to oxycontin. I will guess I was using about 160mg per day (sometimes less, sometimes more) but going through w/d once a week for 1-2 days and then re-upping on the third day. I finally am tired of being on this stuff so I reached out and went through hell to get insurance to pay for an outpatient subutex/suboxone doc.

1. they said I have to pee clean - can't have used 24 hours before induction (I get it, the big forced withdrawl probably isn't fun nor fun to clean up after)
    2. I'm scheduled for tomorrow at 11AM PST to do the induction but I've been pretty much in w/d for the last two days (i wrote 5 and had to backspace because it seems like longer!)
    3. I'm just feeling the regular depressed, no energy, can't eat, can't stay out of the toilet etc. thing. because I am not yet on the subutex.

Let me know if you want to know anything else. I really appreciate your help!!

The other thing is that normally, I'd be out buying more oxy right now (or tomorrow at 11 when I'm scheduled for my induction) because I'm worthless sick.

Instead, I'm hoping I can do this and just get off of it. I have thought about going cold turkey but everytime I try, that third day kicks my butt and I go get more.

Well, I'm at work and can't bring myself to get food. I just feel so sick, food sounds like punishment. Hopefully tomorrow, this part will be done (once I see the sub doc and induction nurse).

I'll check back later..off to a meeting. Lord knows how I will manage this one.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by xisolationx View Post
    The other thing is that normally, I'd be out buying more oxy right now (or tomorrow at 11 when I'm scheduled for my induction) because I'm worthless sick.

Instead, I'm hoping I can do this and just get off of it. I have thought about going cold turkey but everytime I try, that third day kicks my butt and I go get more.

Well, I'm at work and can't bring myself to get food. I just feel so sick, food sounds like punishment. Hopefully tomorrow, this part will be done (once I see the sub doc and induction nurse).

I'll check back later..off to a meeting. Lord knows how I will manage this one.

Sorry I'm coming in here after the fact. But how much xanax have you been taking each day for say the last six months or so?

You need a plan to deal with this. Stopping xanax abruptly cold turkey is dangerous if you've been at much of a dose. If that's the case you'll need a couple other meds to help you deal SAFELY with the benzo w/d while trying to do the subs.

I'll watch for your reply. This will be okay but you've got to do it the right way. Hang in there. God bless.

I know you are right! I didn't take xanax when I had oxy. It's been my fall back but....I can take 4mgs and sit through it, not fall asleep etc.

I took two mgs last night I couldn't stand it anymore. I haven't taken any today (and that feels like a miracle). I am trying to find out if the sub doc will treat me with this but they haven't called back!

Let me be more clear, typically, I was taking 4 - 8 mgs per day for the last six months until this past 1 1/2 to two months where I was doing oxy daily. Then on the third day of oxy w/d, I'd take 2 - 4 xanax usually total throughout the day. It was random but that is probably a clearer answer.

You're at risk for having a seizure stopping xanax cold at that dose. You need to get a prescription for an anti-seizure medication like depakote or dilantin. Trust me I've been there and been through the seizures. It's not fun. This isn't some far off distant possibility it's a real risk and you need to address it if you're going to stop the xanax like you're doing it.

Get yourself through this until you get your suboxone I'll help you with them if you want me to. I do this every day. I can help you do the suboxone and the xanax too. Don't take anymore xanax before your appointment on Thursday so you can get your subs. Get to the dr and get your sub script. Then we can do the induction.

Don't just start taking whole pills when you get them. It's probably the most important part of using subs doing the induction properly. I'm available if you keep me posted when you'll be starting. God bless.

Hey Robert - I read all of the help you've provided others and thanks for responding. I'm not taking any more of the xanax but it will still show up in the UA so I'll explain and see what happens.

They do the induction on the spot so...I sit there with the nurse for 1-4 hours (this is outpatient) while she monitors my what's it's. They order the drugs from the pharm in advance of the appointment so they have them on hand to give me. I think this sounds normal but they have you take the sub meds on site for induction. As soon as I'm done (probably sooner) I'll post back. I have read a lot of what you've helped people through and appreciate it for them, for me and for you.

I do know the risk of seizure is very real. If I hadn't wanted to be dead so many times, I wouldn't have ever toyed with the cold turkey benzo deal. It's got a shorter half life I know and unfortunately, I know too much about these drugs and not Subutex. This "program" is very closely monitored. I think there is another doc in my area that just gives you pills and of course he's cheaper so I'll end up going to him because the insurance will force it.

I'm a wreck right now though with the w/d from oxy. Best part is my drug dealer keeps calling and texting me so tonight, I get to tell him I'm going to treatment. It feels like it's going be hard but kind of fun at the same time. I feel like poo. I hope I can leave work soon. I will be working from home tomorrow too.

On line most of tonight staring at this board and tomorrow AM before my induction. I'm retaining water and haven't been off the oxy long enough for it to be gone so they are going to have fun with me tomorrow!

Just try to get out of the dr's office tomorrow with as many subs as possible and having taken as little as possible. You need to be stable but it should only take about 4-8mg for the whole day. They usually tell people to take what amounts to 16mg for the day. It's ignorant what so many of them tell patients to do. Just nod "yes" and keep your mouth closed. Agree to what they say, get your meds and get out as quickly as possible. Good luck and God bless.

Default ugh

Yep...no more xanax but I will have to talk to them about it because they're testing me. I have to test clean for opiates which I didn't know this drug was out in 24 hours or so but that's something I happen not to know about drugs

So far as xanax, I have taken depakote before for "depression"...I've been diagnosed with so much junk that isn't true. I wish it was true, would explain a few things but that's besides the point.

I do wonder if they'll send me away because of the benzos in my system. I hope not.

I REALLY wonder if I will in fact feel better once I get on the sub program because right now, I'm losing my stuff. I did make it through today but I can't believe it. This dr. had to jump through hooops to get paid on my insurance and I think the only reason I get to go to this doctor is because
    1 no one else could get me in
    2 I told them that they would get me in (the insurance company would do whatever it took) or they'd have a suicide or large hospital bill on their hands.

I'm totally alone. I don't have help here. I had to fight tooth and nail to get this treatment and it HAS TO work. I just answered about the 10th call from mr. oxy today and told him that this ship has sailed. I guess that's one less car for him.

Maybe i will just sleep this off if I can? The dr office said they order ambien (doesn't work on me) and a bunch of other meds in addition to the subutex. I have a vision of being inspected, piss tested and sent on my way to suffer. I hope not.

Thanks for reading!I will report back here after my induction (it's 11AM pacific) which they said could take up to 4 hours while the nurse sits there with me.

I'll be around on and off the forum all afternoon. I'm also on the west coast near Seattle. Try to stay positive. Let me know after the appointment. God bless.

I will definitely post as soon as I get home. I really appreciate you. I hope you know this.

Thanks to everyone who reads, those who offer help and advice and even those suffering who think i'm nuts for trying to quit. I just can't do this dance anymore.

xisolationx .... no problem. I know you're sincere I can tell from your posts. Just hang in there and do your best. Do that and you will be successful. God bless.

I should tell you that the office manager has spent um, I don't know hours...up to two days on the phone with me and the insurance company to make this happen. She has said all of the right things about their management "lowest dose" and "some people want to be on the drug longer but we titrate them down as quickly as possible" and "you can't expect to be on this for more than a couple of months or you're back in another addiction". We'll see how it pans out. I'm actually looking forward to being able to eat again and to get joy out of simple things in life.

I don't have much money but I told her to just charge me whatever she has to that may not get paid (they're charging me cost for some of it) and just tell me what the damages are because it cannot be more than the oxy. no way.

I just have never had to admit I had an addiction like this. I had one night where I was loaded and had this conversation with myself to call and tell one person I had a problem. It took two days but I told my best friend. I just had to say to someone I trusted that I'm an addict and I knew I was at a crossroads where I was going to go deeper into it or get help. I did go deeper into it but at least it was only a month deeper and hopefully this works for me even though I have to work for it too.

Hell I quit smoking...wtf?

If that is the case with the time and the dosing with the dr then you may have gotten lucky and actually found a dr that knows what they are doing. There are some really good drs out there along with the questionable ones. I have lots of respect for most drs. It's just the bandits that I can't deal with. Let's be positive and hope for the best with the dr you have. After your last post I have hopes that you got someone who may do the right thing. We shall see. God bless.

why do I feel like I'm going to vomit? that is new. I've been through these before never quite felt this way. 2 hours till I see the doctor. I am curious and gee I hope this helps.

Stomach problems are not uncommon at all with opiate w/d. You're experiencing normal w/d symptoms even if you haven't experienced it before. Try your best to relax. Sounds like you're having a lot of anxiety. You should be feeling like total hell if you're really ready for the induction.

I'll be looking for your post a little later about the dr appointment. Keep us posted. Today is a HUGE day in the rest of your life. Be positive! This is going to be a great day for you. God bless.

Total hell? check
    Anxiety? check
    You got it. I should have gotten some immodium or something. I am still in partial denial that this is real and it's happening. This isn't how I saw my story going down.

That said, you're right about this being a positive day for me. I feel this is so even though I could easily just say forget it I have to pull this off. I can't wait to be able to eat, pet my cats without it hurting etc. YAY!

Thanks again for your support I'll lay off posting until I get back. Thank GOD it's so close to me.

I typed out all the stuff I got and my whole experience but now a moderator has to approve it? I had to retype that thing 3 times because I lost it when my hand bumped the mouse. I hope they put it up!

Thanks

That's strange. I don't know what happened unless you posted it on the question board rather than on your thread? If that happened it will come up on the support board which is a different location. I'll keep my eyes open there for you too. I'm assuming it went well?

Just in case they don't approve it (I assume I hit a flag because I listed out every medication and the number etc.), I ended up taking a total of 6mg of subutex and she said I could take 4 mg more this evening. I am to call her in the am but she thinks I should stabilize at 8mg per day for the first week (4 mg 2x per day). I have 20 of the 8mgs and 1 2mg left. They also gave me the anti nausea meds (three or four of them are for this), ambien and lorazepam.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast