Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
22 days clean-what a struggle
    shipper is offline Junior Member

Default 22 days clean-what a struggle

quit 50 mg opiate addiction of 5 years jan-1.day 22 clean.just struggling.fatigue,anxious,sad.read bible and prayed this morning.took dog for a walk.everything is a struggle.thought about suboxone ut dont want to go down that road.looking for some encouragement.have a wonderful female christian roomate,very understanding,with ne every step.what a blessing.im a 62 year old male.had 42 days clean 6 months ago but another surgery,back on the poison.dont remember it being this tough last time.have clonidine,helps with anxiety but makes me tired.cant see light at the end of the tunnel yet.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

There's Light I promise...
    Congratulations on 22 days
    that's truly amazing stay the
    course we are all here to support you..

Default thank you

thank you.good to know im not alone

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

You are not alone keep posting here to support you..

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey shipper. Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on 22 days!! You're doing great. I've seen you lurking around the boards and really glad you started your own thread. Here you'll get all the support you need from this great bunch of people!!! Glad you decided against suboxone. I went down that road for five long years. It helped me get off oxy. But I didn't know anything about it until I was ready to quit and realized it was gonna be a very long battle. But I made it and I'm a little over 4 months clean now with the help of this site.

Keep doing what you're doing. It will pass. And I can promise you it is so much better off the garbage.

Really glad you found us!!
    Proud of you!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Default thanks

thank you for the support everyone.im not good with computers so i cant get around well.return of pain is tough,back injury,but i can deal with that.cant deal with being a drug addict.paaws is tough too.down to 12 mg of trazadone to sleep,gonna quit soon.never had luck with antidepresssant,tried several.time seems to be the only way for the brain to heal

Default found thread

i started a new thread by mistake,was told to stay on this.took me an hour to find this one.days 22 and 23 have been tough.feel like im going backwards.i hope it gets better

Default bad days

anyone have advice on bad days during paws.is this a time when the brain is trying to heal.im 23 days cleaan.last 2 were bad,
    .but it has eased up considerably.just had to weather the storm.ive heard bad days are when your brain is trying to rewire.anyone else been on this roller coaster ride?

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Default Take the Good with the Bad

Hi Shipper,

Welcome Friend, So glad you found you're way back to your thread. Congrats of 23 days!!!

You're at the Gotta take the Good with the Bad stage- All Normal. You're spot on with the brain healing part so you know it will take some time to get that thing firing on all cylinders again. You'll experience a couple bad days here in there followed by the good ones-Again All Normal.

The only advice that I can offer is to power thru the bad days & hanging onto every single thing about the Good Days. When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING- sights, smells, warm & fuzzy feelings. Store all the memories of the Good Days up so you can think of them on the bad days.

You will start to see that the Good Days will become more frequent & last a little longer than the bad. Keep your body movin & your mind busy & before you know you'll have a string of good days put together.

Take Care Friend- Proud of you,

Che

Default thanks chief

appreciate the kind words.i cant be proud,actually pretty humbed by the whole thing.i give god the credit,on my own i woulld crash and burn.i was kinda hopin after tough day of rewiring brain i would feel better and i do.i severed all connections,and the doctor severed me,im glad.1 day at a time.thank you.i pray for the people on this site very night,and all the sick and suffering still out there.its all over my town,but i have a safe home with a very supportive roomate.and a dog that keeps licking my face trying to make me feel better.he knows.i went from 90 miles an hour to reverse.good night.

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Default Each One Teach One

Amen to that! This stuff is everywhere & does not discriminate. We can only give Thanks & Praises for our new Awakening- Now it's time to Solider up & slat some dragons!

Wishing restful sleep upon you,

❤️

Default still here

day 24..tired and anxiouus,typacal paws.stuck home doesnt help,bad weather,back and shoulder injuries.dont have any motivation anyway.only cure is time.must be nice to go to a cushy treatment center and get coddled.im not alone.have a wonderful roomatend e.very supportive.reding the bible and praying a little bit.i realize this site is all over the world,hope i dont offend anyone with my faith.itkkeeps me going.i trust god.i pray every night for those on this site for strength to overcome.i overcame coke and alcohol years ago,but these opiates are brutal.brain just doesnt want to work.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey shipper. Keep on going, its all normal and part of the process. I know about the lack of motivation and the constant pain after you jump. It will get better with time. The pills lie my friend. The pain will subside and you'll feel better. Ibuprofen actually works for pain now for me! Who'd a thunk it.

I think your misunderstanding what PAWS is. And its ok. When I got here I did the same thing. PAWS is the REAPPEARACE of w/d symptoms for no reason weeks or even months after you've been feeling better. And they're actually a lot less common than you'd think. I think I heard Cat or Randy say that its only around 5% of people get them.

You're doing great!! Keep up the good work. When the weather gets better get out there and get the endorphins moving. You'll feel better.

Another day clean in the books!! How awesome is that?
    Have a great day and keep that chin up! You're doing this!
    Beef