Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
52 hours in
    TheCib is offline Member

Default 52 hours in

52 hours in here. Sleep does not exist. Have tried all sorts of remedies. I try not to dwell on it but that's a long time without sleep. Along with restless leg .... damn. I want this to be over

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCib View Post
    52 hours in here. Sleep does not exist. Have tried all sorts of remedies. I try not to dwell on it but that's a long time without sleep. Along with restless leg .... damn. I want this to be over
    Hi, Cib, welcome to the forum.....Nothing I tried helped me sleep during that first week. It was the beginning of week 2 that the otcs and suppliments seemed to begin to help. Hang in there!

Missikat75 is offline New Member

Hi... I'm Missi and this is my first time posting.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm on day 4 of no sleep. I'll zone out looking at the tv because I get bored of looking at the darkness, ya know?
    I've cut out caffeine before bed, tried Benedryl, Melatonin and I've tried exercising a bit before bed.
    But that's hard because I'm now experiencing the pain that I was originally prescribed the oxy for.
    I was taking 1 oxycontin 40mg and 3 10/325
    ( breakthru pain ) daily for severe scoliosis.
    Now, my anxiety, pain and depression are all flaring up at once. I'm on antidepressants but my guy just lost his job and that's adding to all of it.
    Honestly...I just want this whole F*cking nightmare to end.
    He's stressed out because I'm stressed, plus the job thing, and I'm feeling so alone...
    He snaps at me because I am not going to sleep, like he just doesn't "get it."
    The whole freakin reason I'm even being taken off my meds is because of the opioid abuse epidemic. So in Wisconsin, at least my part of the state, they're weaning everyone off who isn't a cancer patient or receiving end of life care.
    I feel so alone.
    Sorry btw for hyjacking this post, so-to-speak, but I just had to vent.

TheCib is offline Member

Default How it began

My story
    It began with back issues and severe pain. I went the doctor and he prescribed vikes. After a while I jumped to 30 mg oxycodone. As much as 180 mg to 240 mg a day. Remember I still have to get an MRI and possible surgery.
    I guess the pills helped me function. I can't say for sure but I woke up 4 days ago and thought WTF am I doing to myself.

I went to my boss and asked for 5 days and he gladly agreed. I can't believe the amount of money I went through just to obtain the oxy. I haven't lost anything yet but I can see what's around the corner. Any way thank you for letting me share.

Coming up on 72 hours clean. I needed sleepe so I had a friend get me an ambien. Got my first rest in almost three days

Staying strong and going cold turkey !

Quote Originally Posted by Leah987 View Post
    Hi, Cib, welcome to the forum.....Nothing I tried helped me sleep during that first week. It was the beginning of week 2 that the otcs and suppliments seemed to begin to help. Hang in there!

TheCib is offline Member

Please stay strong! You must keep the prize in mind at the end of this fight. I am alone and thought I would go crazy. But when I awoke today I thought to myself I won ! I beat the dragon another day. Stay strong please !
    Leah987 likes this.

TheCib is offline Member

Stay strong please. The prize is getting closer. The prize is freedom from these pills. Find the joy in your life and focus on that. One day at a time
    Leah987 likes this.

TheCib is offline Member

Stay in touch Missy I'm here for two more days please
    Missikat75 likes this.

TheCib is offline Member

Thanx Leah

Keep checking on me please

Thank you

I can relate.
    I've been on opioids for back issues since 2000 and they're dropping me.
    Fortunately, I don't have an addictive personality, but my body has become dependant on the drug...so it still sucks.
    Be careful with going cold turkey, I say this because that too can be dangerous.
    Make sure you have at least someone know what you're handling.
    Catrina likes this.

TheCib is offline Member

Hey Miss Kat

I hope all is well with you today
    Just passed 72 clean
    RLS is the killer. Took 1 Ambient and 10mil of a non narcotic muscle relaxer last night. I actually found some sleep about five hours

How are things on your end. I know your still fighting the battle just remember it does end

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missikat75 View Post
    I can relate.
    I've been on opioids for back issues since 2000 and they're dropping me.
    Fortunately, I don't have an addictive personality, but my body has become dependant on the drug...so it still sucks.
    Be careful with going cold turkey, I say this because that too can be dangerous.
    Make sure you have at least someone know what you're handling.
    Welcome Cib!

You're doing fantastic! I read one of your posts to Missi that you'll be around here for a couple of more days. I'm assuming that means that should be the end or nearly the end of your acute detox. Don't disappear once you get there! The real work will only begin then and this Forum is quite the wonderful place to journal and to continue to get the support of others who are either going through the same thing as you or has some clean time behind them. If you haven't already, please consider meetings and/or therapy. Recovery is entirely possible and it's much easier when we don't try to do it alone. Help is there just for the asking.

I quoted Missi's post because she mentioned that cold turkey detox is dangerous. This simply isn't true and I wanted to be sure that anyone who stumbles across that post won't delay their detox because it's dangerous. Uncomfortable? Yes! Dangerous. No. Just be sure that you're drinking enough so that you don't become dehydrated because that is dangerous and it will make all of your symptoms worse than they already are.

Welcome again and keep posting. You are doing fabulous.

Peace,

Cat

TheCib is offline Member

Cat,

Thank you soooooo much for your advise. I have read a lot of your post and wanted to reach out to you
    The answer is yes I will be returning to work this Saturday. I was up front with my boss and told him what happened. He is in complete agreement with you about the meetings. I've been searching and there is an NA meeting 10 minutes from my home.
    I was truly tested today
    I was making soup and went to the cupboard and got a bowl out. What was in the bottom but half a 30 mg oxy.

I said to myself what could it hurt to take 15 mg. Then I remembered what I've been thru these past 75 hours. Then I thought....
    This drug has no power over me at all.!

Then flushed it down the drain wheeereeew

Close call
    Please stay in touch Cat
    Leah987 likes this.

Hi, Cib.....how are you doing tonight? I hope you are getting some much needed sleep....keep on puttin' one foot in front of the other.....You are doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCib View Post
    Cat,

Thank you soooooo much for your advise. I have read a lot of your post and wanted to reach out to you
    The answer is yes I will be returning to work this Saturday. I was up front with my boss and told him what happened. He is in complete agreement with you about the meetings. I've been searching and there is an NA meeting 10 minutes from my home.
    I was truly tested today
    I was making soup and went to the cupboard and got a bowl out. What was in the bottom but half a 30 mg oxy.

I said to myself what could it hurt to take 15 mg. Then I remembered what I've been thru these past 75 hours. Then I thought....
    This drug has no power over me at all.!

Then flushed it down the drain wheeereeew

Close call
    Please stay in touch Cat
    You gave that pill a nice burial. Congrats! That was a HUGE temptation, and you came through with flying colors! I'm proud of you!

TheCib is offline Member

Thank you sooooo much for your encouragement. It was hard especially after 75 hours. But thank you for checking in with me.

It's 8pm here and another night has come
    Here we go !

Hi... I'm Missi and this is my first time posting.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm on day 4 of no sleep. I'll zone out looking at the tv because I get bored of looking at the darkness, ya know?
    I've cut out caffeine before bed, tried Benedryl, Melatonin and I've tried exercising a bit before bed.
    But that's hard because I'm now experiencing the pain that I was originally prescribed the oxy for.
    I was taking 1 oxycontin 40mg and 3 10/325
    ( breakthru pain ) daily for severe scoliosis.
    Now, my anxiety, pain and depression are all flaring up at once. I'm on antidepressants but my guy just lost his job and that's adding to all of it.
    Honestly...I just want this whole F*cking nightmare to end.
    He's stressed out because I'm stressed, plus the job thing, and I'm feeling so alone...
    He snaps at me because I am not going to sleep, like he just doesn't "get it."
    The whole freakin reason I'm even being taken off my meds is because of the opioid abuse epidemic. So in Wisconsin, at least my part of the state, they're weaning everyone off who isn't a cancer patient or receiving end of life care.
    I feel so alone.
    Sorry btw for hyjacking this post, so-to-speak, but I just had to vent.
    Thank you ������

TheCib is offline Member

Good morning all. Last night my back was acting up do I didn't get much sleep. Then about 4am the RLS went away and backache. Slept for two hours.

Going back to work tomorrow and looking forward to getting back into the routine. Have to clean up a little bit and get a haircut today and have been debating weather or not to go to an NA meeting. Did some research and there is a facility close by

How do I feel today ? Not bad really. Never had nausea, never had the chitz but a little watery eye and a slight full head. Maybe a little tired but that's it.

Have to make the appointment for my MRI on my back. They want to look at my entire spine. That will take three hours so they are putting me out. Thank god. My back is in pain and it sucks. Just taking ibuprofen now. The real reason I started taking pain meds to maintain

I've now slayed the dragon for almost 96 hours now. In my head I know I can get through this

Still need all your support

Going on the end of day 4 and starting day five. It just seems like a bad nightmare.

But I'm oxy free
    Leah987 likes this.

TheCib is offline Member

End of the day

Stayed busy all day today. Shopping, haircut, a little exercise. All in all not a bad day but felt lethargic.

Ended the day and attended an NA meeting. The nice part about these meetings is everyone knows. You know what I mean. They don't judge you either. Any way I shared and read in the meeting. Felt good.

Just got out of the jacuzzi and did some laps in the pool. Then took a long hot shower. Tired hope the RLS is a little quieter tonight cuz am headed back to work in the morning

107 hours gone, done, in the past never to return

Thanks to all of you and please share on my threads
    Leah987 likes this.

TheCib is offline Member

Good morning all

Just a quick update on my progress this morning

Slept fairly well last not. The RLS was not overbearing. My symptoms seem to have subsided for the most part

Returning to work today back to the 10-12 hour days

I'm hoping that the worst is over physically for me. The hot tub and swimming seemed to help along with the meeting.

Anyway have to shove off !

Just for today!

Love all of you
    Stay strong
    120 hours free of the dragon

TheCib is offline Member

Good morning all
    Just a quick update on my progress.

Yesterday was very busy for me. My first day back to work and it was a busy day. Did help my mind not to dwell on my withdrawl phase of recovery.

Went to an NA meeting afterwards. It amazes me how many people have gone thru exactly what we are going thru. Did find some peace after the meeting.

Came home jumped in the jacuzzi and swam some laps,

I still have a little anxiety that come and go. My RLS is still hanging on (ugh). The one weird thing is my sense of smell is now bionic. Don't know why.

Any way headed to a meeting at 8 am the to work. My back is still thru the roof but am trying to get that fixed next week.

Hope all is well with every one
    Today I start day 6 of being clean and sober from oxycodone
    Leah987 likes this.

Cib! Sounds like you have got this dragon by the throat! You are doing so great, my friend....congrats on day 6! You should start feeling much better now. Just hang in there, keep on posting here about what you're going through. I'm so proud of you! You are a true dragon slayer!

TheCib is offline Member

Thanx Leah

This journey of addiction has been an eye opener for me. I've been humbled, put to a physical and mental test.

I realize my true journey is just beginning. This is a life long commitment. I thank you for following my post. I have no idea how I found this site. Glad I did

Sending some love to you!

conwaycreek is offline Member

Hey Cib, glad to hear that you're progressing! And, thanks for thinking of me. The posts on here have a big impact, including yours, thanks!

My brain is not to be trusted!! I keep hearing that littl voice that says go eat some more pills. Fortunately I haven't given in, but I've slowed my wean a bit, having some insecurities about the whole process. One thing I am good at is setting myself up to fail, so I'm trying hard to keep my outlook realistic and to just take this slow and patient. I could make a big drop, but then I'd just fall off the wagon...so I'm hanging at 10 pills/day for now...I was at 15-18 a week ago, so it is progress. Even still, I'd like to be down to 6-7 in another week. Today though I'm having a hard time feeling committed to my goal, but am just ignoring those doubts for now and going to stay distracted and busy.

How are you holding up?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-06-2017 at 03:29 PM.

TheCib is offline Member

Jump when your ready my friend. I went cold turkey and was alone for 4 days

Anyway I just started day six and a lot of the symptoms have subsided except for the restless leg.

Sleep comes and goes but for the most part feeling a great deal better.

I have to remember that after the physical w/d subside the real work begins. I've started NA meetings ! It seems to help

Any way please keep posting. Just remember go easy on yourself. You have been using for years so it will take some time for your body to adjust.

Stay strong my friend

Thank you! How much were you using when you took the leap?

TheCib is offline Member

Hey buddy

I was snorting 12 to 14 30mg Oxys a day

Amazing. I almost wish I was on Oxys instead of these damn lortabs...the acetaminophen in them is just awful...and reall.y I could change over easy enough but I'm afraid I'd like the high. Do us all a favor and keep posting, even after you finish beating this, you're an inspiration and, frankly, helps me to know others care.

TheCib is offline Member

More than happy to

By the way I'm 57 years old

I do care about the people on here. There in trouble

TheCib is offline Member

More than happy to

By the way I'm 57 years old

I do care about the people on here. There in trouble their scared, and they need help

I don't remember how I found this site but am I glad I did. It helped me hold the line over the first 72 hours

Stay in touch
    Thoughts are with you

TheCib is offline Member

Good morning all

Just a quick update on my recovery.

Yesterday I woke up and had mild back pain but had the jitters. Decided to go to the early NA meeting. Read and shared.
    Jitters still there
    Went to work and put in a 6 hour day and decided to go to another NA meeting. Jitters still hanging on.
    Came home cooked dinner then spent 40 minutes in the hot tub. Felt tired so I went to bed around 9. Sleep seems to bcoming in 2 hour intervals for me. But three days ago I had zero so I am thankful for what I'm gettinge
    Today I start day seven of my revcovery. Woke up and back pain is there. I'm still optimistic now. Hoping most of my w/d symptoms are behind me. With just a few hanging on.
    Rambling on here!
    Anyone can post on my thread !
    Looking forward to have slayed the dragon for a week !

Stay strong !!!!
    Catrina likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast