Addicted to Darvocet
    ANT
    ANT is offline New Member

Default Addicted to Darvocet

Darvocet is my drug of choice but I am sure anything I take (narcotic) will become a problem. I have been reading the posts for the past 4 hours and just have to say Thank You to everyone for being so open and honest. I want help, but I too cannot go to a detox or rehab. My job & family are my excuse. I have heard from many postings that Darvocet is "weak" compared to Vicodan but to me it is sure as addictive. I have been taking it for 4-5 years now from many different Docs. Can I really go to pain management and get help? I live in Rockford IL and would like to talk to anyone who can help me or knows of a place close to me were I can find help.

Laurensmumma is offline New Member

Hi ANT,

What is the original reason you started to take the Darvocet? You said that you are getting it from different Dr.s? If you are, this is illegal. You can be arrested for this. I'm just saying this in case you already didn't know.
    Do you want off the Darvocet? Do you have pain that needs to be treated by medication?

I'll check back a little later.

darby11 is offline New Member

may i ask which darvocet you take.....N100 /650??? and also what dosage per day? after 4-5 years are you taking one every certain number of hours or what? just curious how you take them during the day and evening. i understand your predicament. is anyone in the fam aware or is this currently for your eyes only.

ANT

THANKS- LAURENSMUMMA & DARBY FOR THE REPLIES & THE INFO. YES I DO KNOW IT IS ILLEGAL BUT LIKE I SAID,I AM ADDICTED. I STARTED TAKING IT FOR BACK PAIN ABOUT 5 YRS AGO BUT IT DID NOT BECOME A PROBLEM UNTIL LAST YEAR WHEN I WAS PRESCRIBED DARVOCET N-100 FOR HEADACHES. I TAKE ANYWHERE FROM ABOUT 6 TO 8 TABS A DAY. I WOULD PROBABLY TAKE MORE, BUT I NEED TO RATION THEM AS THEY ARE NOT EASY TO COME BY. AT TIMES I GO A DAY W/OUT IF I CANNOT REFILL MY SCRIPT AND THOSE DAYS ARE TOUGH. OF COURSE I KNOW THIS IS A PROBLEM AND I WANT TO STOP OR I WOULD NOT BE HERE. MY HUSBAND KNOWS AND IS VERY SUPPORTIVE IN MY SEEKING HELP. SINCE MY POST I HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH A FEW PEOPLE FROM THE FORUM VIA E-MAIL AND FEEL NOT SO ALONE W/ THIS PROBLEM. ANYWAY JUST A LITTLE MORE INSIGHT ON MY DEAL, THANKS AGAIN.

P.S WHAT BROUGHT YOU HERE TODAY? IF YOU NEED AN EAR I AM HERE.[:I]

darby11 is offline New Member

I know you don't need a lecture here but just a heads up and word of caution. As you go past 6 tabs per day in a 24 hr period, the propoxyphene begins to build up and accumulate. At 6-8 tabs per day you are pushing the envelope......please don't mix(i am sure you already know this) anything funky with the 6-8 tabs as you work on ways to reduce the intake. I feel your pain...no pun intended.

ANT

Thanx Darby, not taken as a lecture, just advice. Well I saw a Dr. today & I have been put on a waiting list for "out-patient" rehab. So lets cross our fingers & hope for a quick to open spot. P.S. Took only 2 today.[]

Junkie781 is offline Member

Good luck with quitting. It takes a lot of courage to reach out the way you did, even if it is relatively anonymous here....you're doing the right thing. Keep us updated on your progress!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Hey guys and gals!!! This thread hasn't been active for 2 years.....Dave