Advice needed - Opiate Withdrawal
    gg5741 is offline New Member

Default Advice needed - Opiate Withdrawal

Hi,here's a little history about SWIM, what SWIM read, tried, etc. SWIM is looking for some quality advice with my problem. It's not too bad... but any problem I think is still bad.

SWIM had a medical emergency end of april. 2011. SWIM has been on opiates for almost 5 months now.

The severity of SWIM's problems got to the point where SWIM would need 10mg of methadone to ease myself of any cravings. 10mg methadone was too much also, it was clearly an OD. SWIM would say they would need roughly 50mgs of hydrocodone a day to get by.
    SWIM wants to be off the stuff because SWIM has surgery on the 30th and wants to be clean before the surgery, and then on. So SWIM is trying to do the hard part now.

SWIM has been reading these forums. Alot of the posts that are made are about people who have been on the stuff for years, and SWIM is looking for advice for someone who has been on the stuff for about 5 months.

SWIM heard that kratom helps, SWIM tried kratom, and a little bit has helped them. But they also noticed that kratom isn't as effective, and SWIM pretty much just wants to be done with it all.

SWIM has also read about vitamins, and the variety of them that help.

SWIM started tallying what SWIM has been taking since the 13th.

9/13 - 4 pm - 10 mg methadone
    9/14 - 8 am - 5mg hydrocodone
    9/14 - 11 am - 5mg hydrocodone
    9/14 - 4 pm - 2 kratom pills
    9/14 - 7 pm - 1 kratom pill
    9/15 - 6 am - 2 kratom pills
    9/15 - 3:30pm - 1 kratom pill
    9/15 - 5 pm - 1 kratom pill
    9/15 - 5:30pm - 3mg methadone
    9/16 - 4:30pm - 5 hour energy - TOO MUCH

SWIM is wondering how long their specific issue should last.

SWIM has no tolerance to anything, as SWIM has stayed clean his entire life.
    SWIM doesn't smoke either.
    SWIM is 25 years old.
    SWIM is certain that although he hasn't been on the stuff for a long time, he still wants some advice.
    SWIM would also like to post that they drink alot of water. ALOT of it. (At least 8 glasses a day) SWIM doesn't drink any flavored drinks, and rarely takes any supplements.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-17-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: update

freedom11 is offline Advanced Member

Hi there - welcome to the forum. Are you Swim? Bit confused - or is Swim someone you're supporting. I can't help with the medications that you're talking about cos i only know one of them, through experience. You've come to the right place for support anyway - whether you are the supporter or the person who is wanting to turn his/her life around. The experts will be around during your day sometime Iam sure. You'll be fine. Take care in the meantime. Love Jay xx

freedom11 is offline Advanced Member

Just read your post again - maybe I can help a little; I was on methadone for 7 months starting at 50 ml for a few days, half of the time on 10 ml and just under half on 5ml and I tapered down during that time to 4ml; I have to say it's a slow process in my experience. You've made a quantum leap from 10mg (is that the same as 10ml?) to 4mg in 3 days so you might want to think about keeping yourself steady on the same dose for a while to see how you feel. I've no idea what the other drugs are. Looks like a bit of a tangle which the experts will work with you to sort out. love Jay xx

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by gg5741 View Post
    Hi,here's a little history about SWIM, what SWIM read, tried, etc. SWIM is looking for some quality advice with my problem. It's not too bad... but any problem I think is still bad.

SWIM had a medical emergency end of april. 2011. SWIM has been on opiates for almost 5 months now.

The severity of SWIM's problems got to the point where SWIM would need 10mg of methadone to ease myself of any cravings. 10mg methadone was too much also, it was clearly an OD. SWIM would say they would need roughly 50mgs of hydrocodone a day to get by.
    SWIM wants to be off the stuff because SWIM has surgery on the 30th and wants to be clean before the surgery, and then on. So SWIM is trying to do the hard part now.

SWIM has been reading these forums. Alot of the posts that are made are about people who have been on the stuff for years, and SWIM is looking for advice for someone who has been on the stuff for about 5 months.

SWIM heard that kratom helps, SWIM tried kratom, and a little bit has helped them. But they also noticed that kratom isn't as effective, and SWIM pretty much just wants to be done with it all.

SWIM has also read about vitamins, and the variety of them that help.

SWIM started tallying what SWIM has been taking since the 13th.

9/13 - 4 pm - 10 mg methadone
    9/14 - 8 am - 5mg hydrocodone
    9/14 - 11 am - 5mg hydrocodone
    9/14 - 4 pm - 2 kratom pills
    9/14 - 7 pm - 1 kratom pill
    9/15 - 6 am - 2 kratom pills
    9/15 - 3:30pm - 1 kratom pill
    9/15 - 5 pm - 1 kratom pill
    9/15 - 5:30pm - 3mg methadone
    9/16 - 4:30pm - 5 hour energy - TOO MUCH

SWIM is wondering how long their specific issue should last.

SWIM has no tolerance to anything, as SWIM has stayed clean his entire life.
    SWIM doesn't smoke either.
    SWIM is 25 years old.
    SWIM is certain that although he hasn't been on the stuff for a long time, he still wants some advice.
    SWIM would also like to post that they drink alot of water. ALOT of it. (At least 8 glasses a day) SWIM doesn't drink any flavored drinks, and rarely takes any supplements.
    Thanks in advance!
    Let's go SWIMMIMG! SWIM is for "someone who isn't me". No need to use the SWIM name on this forum. It is totally anonymous forum. You are "safe" here and unknown. We'll just call you "gg".

gg .... if you are having surgery and taking the opiates you describe, you will need to do a taper to get down to as close to zero meds as you can. If you don't, when you have your surgery and ask for pain meds, they will have little effect on you. If you are having to stay overnight in the hospital, they are only going to allow you to have just so many narcotics. It will be limited.

If you took your last opiate yesterday, you will be experiencing withdrawl symptoms at any time, if not already. Google "The Thomas Recipe" for opiate withdrawl. Lots of vitams, minerals, and supplements to help. Hope this helps and God Bless....Denny

Selfishself is offline Member

Welcome,

Your taking some great first steps to get off opiates. If you can taper off your current medication that is ideal. Do you feel as though you have a problem with opiates as in you cannot control your use? If that is the case it may be difficult to taper.

Do you have someone who can help you with the taper process? Someone who can hold on to the pills and give them to you daily.

If you are going to go cold turkey I would highly recommend talking to your doctor about getting a small script for Valium and Clonidine. These two will help immensely.

I have heard great things about Kratom. I have yet to try it but from reading about it, Kratom would be a great addition to Valium and Clonidine.

How much Kratom is in each pill?

- Selfish