Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes
Anxiety and depression directly related to opiates?
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Yes I think a lot of us here are just lurking not posting. It's a shame for this forum for me helped me in early recovery I truly believe that this forum is life saving.
    So all you lurkers start posting....
    I would rather read hey from ya'll than to read the Whining and Complaining that the boards are dead..

Nothing changes if nothing changes....

I'll whine and complain all I want Lvg, it's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

Don't you have a plane to catch? In all seriousness, have a safe trip! Be well... God bless us all!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Typical beef. Falls asleep and misses the party over at Ricky's. This place is a mess!! Clean up this place ya bums!!

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    I'll whine and complain all I want Lvg, it's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

Don't you have a plane to catch? In all seriousness, have a safe trip! Be well... God bless us all!
    Ohhhh I missed you Ricky...
    I finally made it thanks again for getting me to the airport...

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Typical beef. Falls asleep and misses the party over at Ricky's. This place is a mess!! Clean up this place ya bums!!
    So what's new ha...

Lurkers, lurkers everywhere and not a word to say? I see you all hiding behind your phones , PCs and tablets! Unless you're incognito, I can see you? Boo!
    Leah987 likes this.

Lurkers, lurkers everywhere and not a word to say? I see you all hiding behind your phones , PCs and tablets! Unless you're incognito, I can see you? Boo!
    Checking in with you how's your day going?

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Checking in with you how's your day going?
    It hasn't been good as far as the taper is concerned but I'm still working on it, I haven't given up!

I have a taper plan finally down on paper based on the amount of opiates that I have left, it's pretty aggressive but it's the best I could come up with under the circumstances?

I will admit that the lack of support around the forums these days is disappointing to say the least! Don't get me wrong, I certainly appreciate all of you that have reached out thus far but to come on the site and see no new posts time after time is downright depressing! I sure hope the traffic picks up soon?

Prayers for everyone that is dealing with Hurricane Florence. God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-14-2018 at 02:47 AM.

hopes1211 is offline Senior Member

Ricky - don't despair. I have been through this many, many times. I am in the same spot you are with a taper. The thing that helps the most is to get out of your head and get into your body? Probably doesn't make sense, but let me explain. The busier you keep yourself physically, the better chance you have in beating this. Walk. Don't miss a day. Do it the same time every single day. Do things, whether it's around the house or outside, but make accomplishments. Build a solid routine.

It's hard. I hurt, and yes, there are times that is all I think about, but I also think of what they do to me. Depression and anxiety. I've decided the pain is better. This form is slow. I know this better than anyone. I'll try better to post more. Keep posting. Keep reading.

Hope

It hasn't been good as far as the taper is concerned but I'm still working on it, I haven't given up!

I have a taper plan finally down on paper based on the amount of opiates that I have left, it's pretty aggressive but it's the best I could come up with under the circumstances?

I will admit that the lack of support around the forums these days is disappointing to say the least! Don't get me wrong, I certainly appreciate all of you that have reached out thus far but to come on the site and see no new posts time after time is downright depressing! I sure hope the traffic picks up soon?

Hi Ricky,
    I'm not going to tell you all those little motivational quotes like this too shall pass...
    One too many thousand never enough... Stay in the moment... One day at a time... Easy does it.... Nothing changes if nothing changes... We feel what we think....
    What I'm going to say is Ricky this is a inside job you have to really be done just done with the junk... The older we get the harder it is on our bodies. Break them chains Ricky we don't have to be a slave...
    Keep posting Ricky even if there is only a few of us here responding... Those lurkers will be begging to be in our gang lol...
    You got this my friend...

Hey Ricky. I know you're struggling a bit. But you have your taper plan down on paper. Yes it may be a bit aggressive but it's there. And you can do it. Follow it to the letter. You can see the end on that paper. Fight your battles as they come. Keep that positive mindset and know you will beat this. Keep on trucking big guy. We're here for you. (Even though some of us have been absent or lurking a bit more than usual.)

Keep posting my friend!!
    Beef
    davepeerson likes this.

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Ricky! When is the big day? Count me in your cheering squad....You are such an encouragement to me,Rick. Since you sent me the info on Phenibut, I've been thinking a lot.....don't worry, this time the thinking was positive! I'm thinking that if You and Dave can do what you're about to do now....Maybe I can get off the phenibut at least long enough to see where my pain level is now. You're making me think that it wouldn't kill me to do that. Or, maybe it would....IDK.... Now....I'm off to borrow a cheerleading skirt. What color is the rest of the squad wearing?
    davepeerson likes this.

How we doing today captain? You out there lurking like the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    How we doing today captain? You out there lurking like the rest of us?
    Yep, just lurking. Trying to figure and sort some things out? I'll touch base with you soon? Be well... God bless us all!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah987 View Post
    Ricky! When is the big day? Count me in your cheering squad....You are such an encouragement to me,Rick. Since you sent me the info on Phenibut, I've been thinking a lot.....don't worry, this time the thinking was positive! I'm thinking that if You and Dave can do what you're about to do now....Maybe I can get off the phenibut at least long enough to see where my pain level is now. You're making me think that it wouldn't kill me to do that. Or, maybe it would....IDK.... Now....I'm off to borrow a cheerleading skirt. What color is the rest of the squad wearing?
    No big day yet? Still struggling with the taper, just trying to figure some things out? I'm experimenting with some amino acids as well, I'm hoping to get this all figured out very soon? I'll keep you updated? Thanks for the post Ryka. Take care... God bless us all!
    davepeerson and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Aw, man.....I missed the party too. Isn't that Somo's cocoanut bra hanging on the lampshade? Here to cheer you on, Rick! "Ricky, Ricky, He's our man. If he can't do it.......he'll try again tomorrow." I need some help writing cheers, here!

hopes1211 is offline Senior Member

Ricky - I hope you are doing well today. One day at a time. . .

Hope
    davepeerson likes this.

You SEE me!?.... What am I wearing, Ricky?
    davepeerson likes this.

You SEE me!?.... What am I wearing, Ricky?
    I'm afraid to guess!
    davepeerson likes this.

I'm afraid to guess!
    If you can see me, you won't have to guess.....

If you can see me, you won't have to guess.....
    Well, we used to be able to see who is online by checking their about me page but the site has since taken that option away! I hope you're doing well Ryka? As for myself, I'm struggling quite a bit with the taper. I'm trying to stick to it but I'm having a lot of anxiety between doses! If I had more meds than I could dose more often and not make as big of reductions but unfortunately I don't have a lot of meds left so I have to make do the best I can? This sux, I wish this upon no one! God bless us all!
    hopes1211 likes this.

This forum just isn't the same, not even close to what it once was! There are/were options that are built into this website that us members could utilize but most of the members did not know that these options existed? Now since a few members have discovered these options and were letting other members know how to set up this options the powers that be have decided that we should not have access to any of these options anymore! There are a lot of restrictions now, we can't even look at the "about me" page for members anymore! Members are having their posts deleted because something is said that the mods don't like even though not one forum rule was broken? I personally have written to the mods and the website administrator but haven't received any return email? On top of that there is hardly any traffic in the forums anymore and there hasn't been for a really long time now! Will these forums ever turn around and be as helpful and busy as it once was, I don't know but I hope so? Be well everyone... God bless us all!
    davepeerson likes this.

This forum just isn't the same, not even close to what it once was! There are/were options that are built into this website that us members could utilize but most of the members did not know that these options existed? Now since a few members have discovered these options and were letting other members know how to set up this options the powers that be have decided that we should not have access to any of these options anymore! There are a lot of restrictions now, we can't even look at the "about me" page for members anymore! Members are having their posts deleted because something is said that the mods don't like even though not one forum rule was broken? I personally have written to the mods and the website administrator but haven't received any return email? On top of that there is hardly any traffic in the forums anymore and there hasn't been for a really long time now! Will these forums ever turn around and be as helpful and busy as it once was, I don't know but I hope so? Be well everyone... God bless us all!
    Just wanted to clarify that you can view other members "about me" page but you have to be logged off the site in order to do so! While you are logged into the site you cannot view members "about me" page, only when you are logged out! Hope this helps? God bless us all!

It was so hard last time I got off the opiates! It's even harder this time! It really feels like I'm the only one who has this relentless anxiety, depression and panic attacks during the time of lowering my dose and then for the few months after my last pill. I know what these pills do to the chemicals in the brain, I understand that the longer you take these opiates and the more you take of them the worse it is and perhaps the longer it will take to repair all the damage that these pills have caused. I know that for me the opiates are a direct cause of my extreme anxiety, depression and the panic attacks, how do I know this? Well, because it happened last time I was getting off the opiates and within a few months of being clean that awful anxiety and depression was gone, no more panic attacks either!

So far today I've stuck to my taper, 15mg of oxy at 9:45am and 15mg at 9:45pm! Here's my adjusted taper schedule according to the meds that I have left, 15mg every 12 hours for 5 days, 10mg every 12 hours for 5 days, 7.5mg every 12 hours for 5 days, 3.75mg every 12 hours for 5 days then jump? I know this is very aggressive and will be uncomfortable but I don't have any more meds to do this any slower! I'm hoping I can stick with this, the sooner I can get this taper over the sooner my brain will begin to repair itself! Prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated? I wish all of you the best... God bless us all!
    Catrina likes this.

Oh, Ricky, I know WELL how awful the depression, anxiety, and panic attacks are, especially on top of pain and all the other symptoms! Hang in there, you are TOUGH! I know that my depression hung in there for a few months after I got off the pain meds, but I found that slowly, believe it or not....that depression leveled out at my NORMAL depression level! LOL! AH....GEEZE! Sometimes I think I just need the guys with the butterfly nets to come get me. But you don't,Ricky! You can get through this...(hugs and prayers)
    davepeerson likes this.

Oh, Ricky, I know WELL how awful the depression, anxiety, and panic attacks are, especially on top of pain and all the other symptoms! Hang in there, you are TOUGH! I know that my depression hung in there for a few months after I got off the pain meds, but I found that slowly, believe it or not....that depression leveled out at my NORMAL depression level! LOL! AH....GEEZE! Sometimes I think I just need the guys with the butterfly nets to come get me. But you don't,Ricky! You can get through this...(hugs and prayers)
    Thanks for the post Ryka. I hope I get through this sooner than later cause feeling like this is awful! I almost caved last night and took extra oxy but I held off and so far I'm still sticking to the plan, thank God. Had trouble sleeping last night, but finally was able to calm down enough to get some rest. Of course I woke up with aniexty and depression and I know this will be a part of the process for the next couple of months but I pray that it lets up before then? Time is going slow and I'm not even off the pills yet, I'm sure the massive reduction I've already made has a lot to do with it!

I will say this, the forums being as slow as they are makes things even more depressing! Like I said in an earlier post, these forums are not the same as they once were, not even close! I still hope and pray that the boards pick back up but it is not looking good at all!

Opiates are truly evil unless they are used properly for a few days after a surgery or for someone who is terminally ill and has massive pain? I know there are a lot people out there who are in great amounts of pain every day and can't even function without an opiate so for you I don't know what the alternative is? For me, the pills although have helped me with a lot of pain have caused me more problems than they have helped in the long run! I love the pills but I hate the aftermath! Take care everyone... God bless us all!
    davepeerson likes this.

davepeerson is online now Platinum Member

Yeah Ricky.....I hear you....For some people.....The Pain Pill is Needed....and taken as prescribed!! But, I have NEVER been able to take them that way.....And I now I never will!! I am less than 6 hours to starting My NEW day One....9/19/18!! Fear has gotten ahold of me again.....as I have waited all Day to take my last crumb.....So I hopefully will feel semi normal when I take Karen to the Airport tomorrow morning!! Then I will try to do what I can during the day, until the w/d's start dragging me down!! I know it will suck....hopefully not REAL BAD....but I know I won't feel good for some time!! I will probably land on the couch by sometime tomorrow afternoon!! Then I will let you all know how I'm doing on Day ONE!! You can do this Ricky.....WE have No choice!! I've been miserable for the last 5 to 6 months...or MORE!! So....what if I feel Crummy for a week.....two weeks.....even a month.....Then I will start to feel the clear head in the morning.....My Passion for life WILL come back!! That's what excites me!! I hope and Pray you will be right behind me......You WILL!! Stay Strong Just For Today!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-18-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Yeah Ricky.....I hear you....For some people.....The Pain Pill is Needed....and taken as prescribed!! But, I have NEVER been able to take them that way.....And I now I never will!! I am less than 6 hours to starting My NEW day One....9/19/18!! Fear has gotten ahold of me again.....as I have waited all Day to take my last crumb.....So I hopefully will feel semi normal when I take Karen to the Airport tomorrow morning!! Then I will try to do what I can during the day, until the w/d's start dragging me down!! I know it will suck....hopefully not REAL BAD....but I know I won't feel good for some time!! I will probably land on the couch by sometime tomorrow afternoon!! Then I will let you all know how I'm doing on Day ONE!! You can do this Ricky.....WE have No choice!! I've been miserable for the last 5 to 6 months...or MORE!! So....what if I feel Crummy for a week.....two weeks.....even a month.....Then I will start to feel the clear head in the morning.....My Passion for life WILL come back!! That's what excites me!! I hope and Pray you will be right behind me......You WILL!! Stay Strong Just For Today!!

Thanks dave! I left a post on your thread? Take care buddy... God bless us all!
    davepeerson likes this.

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Hey Ricky,

Congrats on sticking with the new taper. I know I got anxiety just thinking about your taper so I get where you are coming from. The counting & the calculating is enough to drive this addict right here to gobble up my stash & deal with the consequences later. I’m glad you stuck to it today & back on track.

I wish I had words about the anxiety & depression for you but you already know them all. I suffer with both of these all my life & w/d only intensified them. The anxiety I got from w/d was the worst thou. A lot of it I found was from the anticipation of the up & coming jump. After I jumped some of the anxiety lessened b/c I no longer had to count, calculate, or go in a hunt for more. The remaining anxiety was still extreme Until I taught myself how to self soothe (insert Pineal Gland here).

When I antsy during the day I would stop what I was doing & do push ups. I got the idea from an old boss of mine who quit smoking. Every time he wanted a smoke he would run down the steps from his office & out the door & around the block. That’s a little much for me so I settled on push ups.

I always got very anxious at night too. I used a heated rice sock on my chest along with deep breathing helped tremendously. Those 2 & some interesting documentaries got me thru from moment to moment. Some of those documentaries were on meditation & I with that I was off to the races.

I know this is somewhat off the wall & trust I thought the same until I was so desperate I would try anything. It was a game changer for Me. All of this & of course reconnecting with nature. Oh, & don’t let me forget about wiping my Mother board clean & uploading a new program in my brain that doesn’t include opiates. Your a computer guy so that last part might not be as difficult for you. It’s only obvious that I crossed some of the wires when I reinstalled.

I am a praying woman, yes indeed. It’s gotten me this far so I know the power it holds. I’ll be sending my prayer energy your way.

Luv & Light,

Che
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefChe View Post
    Hey Ricky,

Congrats on sticking with the new taper. I know I got anxiety just thinking about your taper so I get where you are coming from. The counting & the calculating is enough to drive this addict right here to gobble up my stash & deal with the consequences later. I’m glad you stuck to it today & back on track.

I wish I had words about the anxiety & depression for you but you already know them all. I suffer with both of these all my life & w/d only intensified them. The anxiety I got from w/d was the worst thou. A lot of it I found was from the anticipation of the up & coming jump. After I jumped some of the anxiety lessened b/c I no longer had to count, calculate, or go in a hunt for more. The remaining anxiety was still extreme Until I taught myself how to self soothe (insert Pineal Gland here).

When I antsy during the day I would stop what I was doing & do push ups. I got the idea from an old boss of mine who quit smoking. Every time he wanted a smoke he would run down the steps from his office & out the door & around the block. That’s a little much for me so I settled on push ups.

I always got very anxious at night too. I used a heated rice sock on my chest along with deep breathing helped tremendously. Those 2 & some interesting documentaries got me thru from moment to moment. Some of those documentaries were on meditation & I with that I was off to the races.

I know this is somewhat off the wall & trust I thought the same until I was so desperate I would try anything. It was a game changer for Me. All of this & of course reconnecting with nature. Oh, & don’t let me forget about wiping my Mother board clean & uploading a new program in my brain that doesn’t include opiates. Your a computer guy so that last part might not be as difficult for you. It’s only obvious that I crossed some of the wires when I reinstalled.

I am a praying woman, yes indeed. It’s gotten me this far so I know the power it holds. I’ll be sending my prayer energy your way.

Luv & Light,

Che

Thank you very much for the post and prayers, I need it! So two days now back on the taper and so far, so good! Of course I feel like poo, the amount of meds that I'm taking now does nothing for pain relief at all, I'm definitely experiencing a lot of anxiety and depression and I know that my brain will not begin to repair until I'm off all the opiates completely!

I know I could take a handful of pills and feel completely fine, for about an hour, not worth it! I'm staying the course, I got to get through this, I absolutely hate the way I feel. I made a huge mistake by starting the pain meds again, I can't change that now but it still bothers me! This anxiety, depression and panic attacks are absolutely horrible and I can't wait for all this to go away and feel normal again. God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-19-2018 at 12:18 AM.
    davepeerson likes this.

This sux so bad! The depression is crippling! If you have other issues going on in your life then the depression is even worse, it makes those other issues more worrisome! Depression from opiate withdrawal is one of the worst things I have ever experienced! God help me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast