Bernese Method 2018 (Methadone - Suboxone )
    DGR
    DGR is offline New Member

Default Bernese Method 2018 (Methadone - Suboxone )

Hello folks. Canuck here wishing to share that I'm on my first day without methadone on day 7 of a fairly new procedure called the Bernese Method ( found online as such, as the rules here imply not to paste outside links) from 2016 in Switzerland.
    It's basically microdosing suboxone into one's system whilst on opiates in hopes of eliminating relapse. Started 7 days ago with 1/4 mg Suboxone + 20mg methadone. Kind of a rocky start for me as I'd been self medicating on 35 mg methadone and the doc would only prescribe 20 ..Anywho, that drop was shaky but it MUST be working somewhat or I'd be feeling a lot worse!
    Glad I signed up after reading an older thread here about Suboxone and "less is better", I'll be talking with doc about this as I'm now at 12 mg after 7 days of doubling.
    It has been encouraging to read the success stories here, and given many of dates, I'll go as far to suggest they were successful departures from thine evil opiatus!
    As for anyone new or still trying, I would totally suggest looking those up to present to your doctor!
    GOOD LUCK AND GODSPEED,
    DGR.

Koral80 is offline New Member

Hello, how has your induction been going? I just saw your post after researching the Bernese Method for days.
    My brief background:
    Been on 16mg for suboxone for the first two years, the last 18 months up until Dec 2017 I had been taking 8mg once daily. Had surgery at the end of December and had to stop my suboxone. Was given Oxy 5’s IR, 40 of them. The anesthesiologist said that would hold me over for the 4 days prior to surgery. They did not. Not even close. By day 2 I was in pretty bad shape. I knew that if I reported to surgery in withdrawal like I had once prior they would not operate. So I made a stupid decision but the only one I thought I had at the time and went and relapsed on dope. In my infinite wisdom I told myself I’d only take just a tiny bit to keep myself from withdrawaling. Made it through the surgery, no problems.

Now when I should have simply started back on my suboxone, I didn’t. I stayed with the dope, and my usage increased, drastically. But being 100% truthful I have never once felt “high”, which I think is due to stopping the suboxone abruptly at 8mg.

Fast forward 2 months and I’m still using dope, have never once felt “high” or even a buzz, only kept myself “well”.

Now I’m deathly afraid of trying to get back on my suboxone. I’m pretty sure this dope has fentanyl in it, I start to feel sick after 4-5 hours, sometimes less. I feel like going 24 hours or more would be impossible.

Long story short, I’m looking into the same method you used. How was it transitioning from methadone to subs? How do you feel now? Was the initial dose of subs as scary as I’m making it seem? Any help you can provide is much appreciated. Hope you are doing well.

~Koral

Coastcitylife is offline New Member

Default Bernese method

[QUOTE=Koral80;547700]Hello, how has your induction been going? I just saw your post after researching the Bernese Method for days.
    My brief background:
    Been on 16mg for suboxone for the first two years, the last 18 months up until Dec 2017 I had been taking 8mg once daily. Had surgery at the end of December and had to stop my suboxone. Was given Oxy 5’s IR, 40 of them. The anesthesiologist said that would hold me over for the 4 days prior to surgery. They did not. Not even close. By day 2 I was in pretty bad shape. I knew that if I reported to surgery in withdrawal like I had once prior they would not operate. So I made a stupid decision but the only one I thought I had at the time and went and relapsed on dope. In my infinite wisdom I told myself I’d only take just a tiny bit to keep myself from withdrawaling. Made it through the surgery, no problems.

Now when I should have simply started back on my suboxone, I didn’t. I stayed with the dope, and my usage increased, drastically. But being 100% truthful I have never once felt “high”, which I think is due to stopping the suboxone abruptly at 8mg.

Fast forward 2 months and I’m still using dope, have never once felt “high” or even a buzz, only kept myself “well”.

Now I’m deathly afraid of trying to get back on my suboxone. I’m pretty sure this dope has fentanyl in it, I start to feel sick after 4-5 hours, sometimes less. I feel like going 24 hours or more would be impossible.

Long story short, I’m looking into the same method you used. How was it transitioning from methadone to subs? How do you feel now? Was the initial dose of subs as scary as I’m making it seem? Any help you can provide is much appreciated. Hope you are doing well.

Wow that doctor I can’t beleive what he did to you, I don’t blame you for going back but I can help, I am currently inducing my boyfriend with the Bernese method since he always goes into precip withdrawal no matter how long he waits because of fentynal. O day 1 you use .20 Suboxone so 1/8th of a 2mg pill, you then use your regular amount of dope - day 2 is 0.25 x 2 so 1/8th of a pill twice a day once in morning once at night, and reduce your usage by a bit. Day 3 is 0.5 mg so 1/4 of a 2mg Pill once a day and reduce your drug use a bit more.. day 4 is 0.5 mg soboxone x2 so one .5 dose in morning one .5 dose at night and again further reduce your drug use day 5 is 2mg soboxone you can split the dose in two again so 1 mg morning 1mg at night. Day 6 is 4 mg soboxone 2mg morning 2mg night reduce your drug use again. Day 7 is 12mg soboxone and discontinue drug use. Day 8 and on you can bump up your dose as necessary. I received this prescription and instructions from his doctor. Good luck with your induction !

Coastcitylife is offline New Member

He wasn’t going from methadone to suboxone he was going from fentynal to suboxone, he was able to do the micro doses but eventually it started throwing him into precip withdrawal and he was not able to successfully switch. He has started methadone he’s up to 125mg but it still isn’t an optimal dose, he still gets sick and craves so he is still using, we’re hoping once he works his way up to a better dose those will start to go away and he can finally stop using again. I wish you all the best, soboxone works different for everyone so it might not be the same for someone else, this is simply his experience. Good luck with everything, as someone who quit and never looked back, life has never been better, it’s been over a year and I have my life back, a great career again, a house, a car, my family, it is worth the pain of withdrawl to get to this part in your life, and you will get there. Keep fighting until you do, and once you do, keep fighting to keep it.
    ** please note he was smoking fentynal, never an iv user, so this may have been a factor in why soboxone didn’t work for him and I don’t want to scare you into not trying it and hopefully you have a better experience with it. Methadone also lasts a lot longer in your system so your transition will probably be different, I would consult your doctor.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-12-2018 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Additional info