Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ricky71
Bye bye tramadol.
    Anonymous Guest

Default Bye bye tramadol.

Here is day one for me. Been tapering diligently for a while now, and am down to 150mgs. I went to take my morning dose of 75 mgs and couldn't find my little pill organizer?! Looked and looked, and then saw with horror that it was floating facedown in dirty dishwater. One of the kids must have knocked it in when getting a glass out. My last 3 days are a soupy white mixture of lasagne and dawn soap.

Walgreens pharmacy says they won't fill until Monday which is day 30...so here I am. I didn't bother telling him my story...I'm sure he thinks I'm some pill popping housewife trying to refill early. Oh wait...I am that.

I am tired of being physically dependent on this pill. It's helped with the pain from arthritis and Lupus, but I found myself out of control with the amounts and was taking up to 500 mgs at times. Not for the pain, but for that high. That sweet relief when it hits. I like to say it transforms the mundane into the extroidinary. Wanna play candy land for hours? No problem! Mama is feeling good! Wanna go hunt for fairy houses for hours? You betcha! I got energy and motivation to spare. It's not real though.

What's real is counting pillls and worrying you are gonna run out and what you are gonna do when it does happen. Knowing that if you oversleep, that your body will ache for that little pill. Checking cabinets, swiping pills from friends, family and neighbors...yeah, I've done that. I hate it. It's so disgusting. This has to stop.

So here I am . Been reading and posting the occasional bit of sage advice here...cause i am your guru on detoxing. This is not going to be fun. I had planned to taper down and jump off in a few more weeks when I was down to 25 mgs, but apparently the universe wants me to expidite the process! The irony is, this was the first time since I can remember that I had enough to get me thru until my refill! So...here we go. Hour 7.

So far all I feel is my face burning and a bit jittery. Will keep posting throughout if I can. We are Heading to our little farm in the country that has terrible reception. I plan to keep busy with fishing, frogs chasing, crawdad hunting, swimming, making BBQ and whatever wholesome >>>> i can throw in to keep propelling me forward.

Anonymous Guest

Just ugly cried twice. This is not going to be easy. The upside is, I've told everyone staying with us this weekend that I'm detoxing! Lucky them!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegoddessK View Post
    Here is day one for me. Been tapering diligently for a while now, and am down to 150mgs. I went to take my morning dose of 75 mgs and couldn't find my little pill organizer?! Looked and looked, and then saw with horror that it was floating facedown in dirty dishwater. One of the kids must have knocked it in when getting a glass out. My last 3 days are a soupy white mixture of lasagne and dawn soap.

Walgreens pharmacy says they won't fill until Monday which is day 30...so here I am. I didn't bother telling him my story...I'm sure he thinks I'm some pill popping housewife trying to refill early. Oh wait...I am that.

I am tired of being physically dependent on this pill. It's helped with the pain from arthritis and Lupus, but I found myself out of control with the amounts and was taking up to 500 mgs at times. Not for the pain, but for that high. That sweet relief when it hits. I like to say it transforms the mundane into the extroidinary. Wanna play candy land for hours? No problem! Mama is feeling good! Wanna go hunt for fairy houses for hours? You betcha! I got energy and motivation to spare. It's not real though.

What's real is counting pillls and worrying you are gonna run out and what you are gonna do when it does happen. Knowing that if you oversleep, that your body will ache for that little pill. Checking cabinets, swiping pills from friends, family and neighbors...yeah, I've done that. I hate it. It's so disgusting. This has to stop.

So here I am . Been reading and posting the occasional bit of sage advice here...cause i am your guru on detoxing. This is not going to be fun. I had planned to taper down and jump off in a few more weeks when I was down to 25 mgs, but apparently the universe wants me to expidite the process! The irony is, this was the first time since I can remember that I had enough to get me thru until my refill! So...here we go. Hour 7.

So far all I feel is my face burning and a bit jittery. Will keep posting throughout if I can. We are Heading to our little farm in the country that has terrible reception. I plan to keep busy with fishing, frogs chasing, crawdad hunting, swimming, making BBQ and whatever wholesome >>>> i can throw in to keep propelling me forward.
    Irish Spring lady - how long have you been taking tramadol? Your highest dose was 500mg/day, was that was your average daily dose? What was your tapering schedule that got you down to 150mg/day, how much did you taper by, how often, how long did it take, etc...? The more information you can provide the better we can advise you?

Tramadol is a nasty med, it has an opiate effect and an antidepressant effect! The detox can be pretty intense because it's like you're quitting two meds at once!

There is a risk of seizures when you quit tramadol cold turkey, if you plan on staying off the tramadol at this point then I would recommend getting an anti-seizure med just in case?
    With tramadol a very slow taper (10-20%/week) is in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms or at the very least to minimize them? What are your thoughts and/or concerns going forward? Update when you can? God bless us all!

blondie50ish is offline Member

The Candy Land reference made me LOL. Oh yeah, been there, done that. Opiates good for the mundane. The bad side of course is they are a cruel lie in pretty much all aspects of life. One not enough, a thousand too many.

I don't know anything about Tramadol, but I've been where you are so many times in my life. The obsessive counting of pills, cutting of pills, spending countless hours worrying about running out, thinking of next dose, etc. When you get a few weeks under your belt and can look back at it, perspective does come. It's freeing, even though it doesn't seem like it for several weeks after the withdrawal.

How are you feeling today? Hope you are hanging in there. Farm in the country sounds like just what the doctor ordered and good for all that ails you. Come give us an update when you can.

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

Hi,Anonymous...welcome to the forum! I'm not sure how many mg's it was, but I just got off trams several months ago. I had a fairly easy time of it, with the rls being by FAR the worst symptom....You can do this!!!!!
    .....Ryka-Leah

Quote Originally Posted by Leah987 View Post
    Hi,Anonymous...welcome to the forum! I'm not sure how many mg's it was, but I just got off trams several months ago. I had a fairly easy time of it, with the rls being by FAR the worst symptom....You can do this!!!!!
    Ryka - were you on hydros as well at the same time you were tapering the Ultram (Tramadol)?

Just a heads up about this thread, the person who started this thread also has another thread titled "Amazingly simple cure for my restless legs" in the Prescription Drug Addiction forum, here's the link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...egs-73812.html

Her user name was originally "thegoddessK" but since has changed to Anonymous? From my experience here on the forums when the name is changed to Anonymous it is because their account has been closed for one reason or another? If you click on the user name "Anonymous" it will read "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view."?

I'm curious to see if we get an update from the original poster? They would most likely need to start a new account with a new user name as Ryka has done in the past?
    Lvg nghtmare and Leah987 like this.

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Oops....you are right Ricky. I was on hydros also when I came off trams....I guess that'd make a difference. Anonymous, please disregard me totally! Thanks for catching that for me, Ricky! Sorry!
    .....Ryka-Leah

Quote Originally Posted by Leah987 View Post
    Oops....you are right Ricky. I was on hydros also when I came off trams....I guess that'd make a difference. Anonymous, please disregard me totally! Thanks for catching that for me, Ricky! Sorry!
    No worries and no need to be sorry! Yes, taking the hydros would make a big difference in the tramadol withdrawal!