Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SSearch
  • 1 Post By SSearch
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By SSearch
Codine withdrawals day 1!
    SSearch is offline New Member

Default Codine withdrawals day 1!

Hi, after abusing opiates for a few years now I decided to finally stop taking them. Codine was my thing I first got access to it from an injury 30mg tablets. Long story short I have been on and off them but pretty much remained consistent if that makes sense for around 2years. A few months back I got access to 60mg tablets and things spiralled out of control I was taking upto 6/7 a day. I eventually ran out n started taking 15mg tablets. At tht is stage I started getting sweats when he dosage reduced and I have 0 appetite.

Last year I went through a rough patch of depression I can’t put my finger on what could have triggered this but the anxiety was crazy I felt like I couldn’t make it through the day or do my job without taking them. I was ready to quit my job had suicidal thoughts everything.

I took my last tablet a day ago so I suppose I’m just over 24 hours clean. I’ve flushed the remaining tablets down the toilet and never intend to go near them again. Already I’m having withdrawals: anxiety, back pains, sweats etc! I’m determined to leave it all behind for good now I was planning on weening off it but I need out NOW!

The best thing I have done was admitting to myself and partner I am in fact addicted!

How did you get through the early stages of withdrawals?

Help would be much appreciated
    Randy35 likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello SSearch, welcome to the forum. If you post on your thread will be easier for us to follow your journey. If you want to post to a member click on there name and go to there thread. Again welcome

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSearch View Post
    Hi, after abusing opiates for a few years now I decided to finally stop taking them. Codine was my thing I first got access to it from an injury 30mg tablets. Long story short I have been on and off them but pretty much remained consistent if that makes sense for around 2years. A few months back I got access to 60mg tablets and things spiralled out of control I was taking upto 6/7 a day. I eventually ran out n started taking 15mg tablets. At tht is stage I started getting sweats when he dosage reduced and I have 0 appetite.

Last year I went through a rough patch of depression I can’t put my finger on what could have triggered this but the anxiety was crazy I felt like I couldn’t make it through the day or do my job without taking them. I was ready to quit my job had suicidal thoughts everything.

I took my last tablet a day ago so I suppose I’m just over 24 hours clean. I’ve flushed the remaining tablets down the toilet and never intend to go near them again. Already I’m having withdrawals: anxiety, back pains, sweats etc! I’m determined to leave it all behind for good now I was planning on weening off it but I need out NOW!

The best thing I have done was admitting to myself and partner I am in fact addicted!

How did you get through the early stages of withdrawals?

Help would be much appreciated

Hey -

Glad you got your new thread going. Now the members can find you easily and will respond directly to you.

Congrats on stopping those nasty pills. They seem ok at first but very quickly begin to turn on you. Getting rid of what you had left took courage and you should be very proud of doing that. Best decision you'll ever make for yourself.

How do you get through the early stages of wd's? You do it by taking things one day at a time. You also do it by taking some vitamins and supplements that will help your body heal, while providing you with some much needed nutrients. You also do it by staying as BUSY as you possibly can. If you sit around the house watching the clock the minutes go by extremely slow ands you'll drive yourself crazy knowing a single pill would put an end to the misery. Get out of your house and do anything to keep your mind off the situation.

Drink lots of fluids, especially, and maybe some gatorade or other liquid with some electrolytes. Protein shakes are wonderful for energy issues. Maybe try some Vitamin B6, B12, or B Complex. Also a multivitamin would be beneficial. Do some research and read posts and threads here from beginning to end. Lots of valuable info contained in the many threads available here.

Day one down and on to day 2. By day 3-4 you'll begin feeling much, much better. But make sure you're getting outside as much as you possibly can. That will help more than anything else I promise.

Randy

Thanks for the advice Randy really means a lot! It’s 11:53 here in the UK and I’m 9 hours off making it 48hours I know I shouldn’t be clock watching but I’m really struggling to sleep I got into bed at 9pm and by 11pm I had to Shower because of the sweats. I’m really struggling and I see why it’s so easy for people to relapse when the symptoms can easily be taken away but I’m going to try hang in there it’s now or never!!! My natural reaction is try and get a week of work I can’t think of anything worse than feeling like this around others... or maybe I’m wrong and as you have adviced I need to be out and about?! Really agitated and my legs are constantly jittering I can’t believe I let myself get into this hell hole!

Walkley822 is offline Member

Ssearch, just wanted to welcome you to the forum! You’re in the right place and everyone here will help you get through the next couple of days. I hope you’re doing ok. Try not to be so hard on yourself. We are all in the same boat. None of us can quite believe we put ourselves in this situation. But its up to us to get ourselves out of it.

It sounds like you have RLS unfortunately which is causing your jittery legs. It tends to get worse at night and none of us know why. I’ve heard Hylands Restful Legs will help as will magnesium and zinc supplements. I haven’t tried either but I may get some Hyland’s restful legs for when I detox off of suboxone.

I also agree with Randy that it’s good to do whatever will occupy your mind to pass the time. If you find it too difficult to go out and be around others as I have in the past then it’s ok to stay in. Watch a movie, read a book, take a bath/shower, whatever. But going for walks will help even though it may not seem doable. You have to get the endorphins going again.

The best part is you have the right attitude about all of this! It’s now or never. Might as well be now. Good luck and if you need to vent, be sure to vent. That’s what this forum is all about. Let us all know how you’re doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Walkley822 View Post
    Ssearch, just wanted to welcome you to the forum! You’re in the right place and everyone here will help you get through the next couple of days. I hope you’re doing ok. Try not to be so hard on yourself. We are all in the same boat. None of us can quite believe we put ourselves in this situation. But its up to us to get ourselves out of it.

It sounds like you have RLS unfortunately which is causing your jittery legs. It tends to get worse at night and none of us know why. I’ve heard Hylands Restful Legs will help as will magnesium and zinc supplements. I haven’t tried either but I may get some Hyland’s restful legs for when I detox off of suboxone.

I also agree with Randy that it’s good to do whatever will occupy your mind to pass the time. If you find it too difficult to go out and be around others as I have in the past then it’s ok to stay in. Watch a movie, read a book, take a bath/shower, whatever. But going for walks will help even though it may not seem doable. You have to get the endorphins going again.

The best part is you have the right attitude about all of this! It’s now or never. Might as well be now. Good luck and if you need to vent, be sure to vent. That’s what this forum is all about. Let us all know how you’re doing!
    Thanks for the kind words of encouragement! What I also failed to mention that I began taking dizapams 10mg sparadically over the last few months I’m sure this to may contribute to the withdrawals. I do fear relapse but at the same time I can’t mentally and physically put myself through this again so it most def is now or never!!! Wide awake at 2pm. I feel like seeing a doctor but really am worried about my medical record and also then simply giving me another drug. Cold Turkey seems to be the most logical answer but damn sure is the hardest as well I’m going to keep posting to vent I’m determined not to relapse!

5:55pm of day 3 got a few hours sleep last night thanks to my partner comforting me which helped massively. Again had to change my clothes due to sweat last night but onto day 4

I have noticed that I feel really blue, numb and just not with it. I have had thoughts of relapse but despite it only being day 3 I’ve not gone through these symptoms to just go through them again!

Just some advice from anyone out there by day day 6/7 do you think I would be able to operate at work properly I do have a very demanding job so I’m conscious of this contributing to the depression I already feel and sense of overwhelment.

Also when do you think my appetite might come back I’ve got had a solid meal for around 4 days now. If I could only get something down me I might have much more energy perhaps.

All responses are welcome

Much appreciated
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

The physical side should be just about done around a week. With symptoms peaking around day 2-4 and gradually getting better after that. But everyone heals differently. Just take it one at a time.

I know for me while I was going through my detox I couldn't stomach any food for a week. I lived on ensure and protein shakes. Mixed in some veggies and fruits in the blender to get some vitamins and what not. And tons of Gatorade and water. Imodium was a lifesaver as well. Liquid form as needed.

Keep your head up!! You're doing this!!
    Congratulations on another clean day!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks for the encouragement Beef!

Slept well last night and had no night sweats surprisingly got myself out to the shop and had my first solid meal in days feel so much better than the previous days however the craving for a tablet is unreal today just the feeling when it hits your stomach
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.