Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TheThinker
  • 2 Post By Catrina
Continuinig on about my Sobriety
    TheThinker is offline New Member

Default Continuinig on about my Sobriety

So in my first thread I mentioned my mom being addicted to pain killers when I was little,

Now she has been on methadone as long as I can remember... what I want to know is she technically high on methadone? or have I got so use to her being on methadone I don't even realize?

Sincerely,
    The Thinker that thinks 3 much
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheThinker View Post
    So in my first thread I mentioned my mom being addicted to pain killers when I was little,

Now she has been on methadone as long as I can remember... what I want to know is she technically high on methadone? or have I got so use to her being on methadone I don't even realize?

Sincerely,
    The Thinker that thinks 3 much
    You should really only post your questions or thoughts on one thread and avoid creating new ones. Of course, you can post to others on their thread whenever you want but it gets confusing real quick for us to find you and for you to find replies. It doesn't matter if you change subject matter. It's also helpful when someone comes along who doesn't know any of your story yet. They can simply start at the beginning and catch up. It's just better.

Oh so your Mom is a long term methadone patient. I'm sure it's a combination of both things but if she's been on it for as long as you remember, this is her normal to you. Methadone is a horrible drug. One of the absolute worst. It was intended as a substitute for street drugs with the reasoning that it would be given in a controlled setting and would be safer. Nonetheless, it is a powerful opiate, addictive, and can certainly be abused. Whether she is willing to admit it or not, it has changed her physiology. If your real question is whether or not she is clean, the answer is no she isn't. Don't even think about that being an option for you.

You really do think too much!

Peace,

Cat
    Beefaroni7272 and 1232 like this.