Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Wonderwoman6
  • 2 Post By Catrina
Day 12, Awful Leg Muscle Pain?
    Wonderwoman6 is offline New Member

Default Day 12, Awful Leg Muscle Pain?

Hello
    I was prescribed Percocet, and took as directed for the past 6 months. I started having a lot of muscle and bone pain. I thought it was actually caused by the opioids, so I decided to stop. I tapered from 40mg a day to 15mg, then jumped. I didn’t think it would be this hard! I’m on day 12 and my entire body burns- legs are the worst.
    Did anyone else have lingering pain like this? Yikes. I had a surgery with mesh- injury in 2016 and I’ve had multiple procedures and surgeries since then to fix it- on and off different meds for a couple of years. I do not have the mental battle that some people face, but my physical battle just won’t end- it won’t even break a little.
    Leg pain, lingering withdrawal? Anyone? Please tell me this doesn’t last forever!

Kungfukenny is offline Junior Member

Well I just wrote a reply but didn't realize you were 12 days in. I suppose restless legs could linger from Percocet that long, although the drug is certainly gone as of 9 days ago. Id look into clonidine or some otc restless legs meds.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-17-2018 at 05:51 AM.

thefigurehead is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfukenny View Post
    Well I just wrote a reply but didn't realize you were 12 days in. I suppose restless legs could linger from Percocet that long, although the drug is certainly gone as of 9 days ago. Id look into clonidine or some otc restless legs meds.
    I use a product called Hyland's Leg Cramp PM each night before bed. It definitely helps those aching leg muscles and it keeps leg cramps to a minimum. It costs about $10 for a bottle of 50 at CVS. There is also a product called Restful Legs by the same company. I have never used it, but it is supposed to work well for RLS and fidgety legs.

Just remember, the physical stuff fades away quicker than the mental. So, you should be feeling relief very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by thefigurehead View Post
    I use a product called Hyland's Leg Cramp PM each night before bed. It definitely helps those aching leg muscles and it keeps leg cramps to a minimum. It costs about $10 for a bottle of 50 at CVS. There is also a product called Restful Legs by the same company. I have never used it, but it is supposed to work well for RLS and fidgety legs.

Just remember, the physical stuff fades away quicker than the mental. So, you should be feeling relief very soon.
    Thanks! I have been taking every OTC thing I can think of. I never had the restless leg sensation- just straight up pain. It isn’t letting up yet. Burning sensation in my bones almost.
    Anyone else ever encounter lingering symptoms? Thanks!

Methadone insomnia is offline Junior Member

I would recommend taking as many hot showers or baths you can a day..or if you have access to a pool or Jacuzzi..light exercise maybe a small walk to get your mind off them..they also sell foot and Leg massagers you can buy from Google Prime..think i got mine for 200 bucks it works wonders! Good luck hope some of this stuff helps..also make sure you are drinking twice the amount of water as normal to keep hydrated and flushing..eat bananas for cramping..you Can Do this wonderwomen!

I am 19 days with no Percocet, my feet burn constantly and my legs hurt so badly it’s hard to walk. I take baths, short walks, magnesium, Motrin, robaxin, potassium, quinine. It is almost unbearable. Has anyone else ever experienced this drawn out pain? I have no leg injuries.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwoman6 View Post
    I am 19 days with no Percocet, my feet burn constantly and my legs hurt so badly it’s hard to walk. I take baths, short walks, magnesium, Motrin, robaxin, potassium, quinine. It is almost unbearable. Has anyone else ever experienced this drawn out pain? I have no leg injuries.
    Hi Wonderwoman,

Nineteen days without percs? I think it's time to go see the doctor to run some tests for your leg pain. Even if these symptoms persist after a week or so after detox, they should at least be easing up by now. I honestly don't think that the trouble you're having is related to detox. I'd try to get to the bottom of it so go see your doctor.

Best wishes.

Peace,

Cat
    davepeerson and thefigurehead like this.

Methadone insomnia is offline Junior Member

I'm sorry to hear your in so much pain..it's possible the pain meds were masking a leg problem the whole time..don't quote me tho I'm just guessing..maybe try to do some Yoga stretching..you can Find some basic stretches on YouTube..whatever you do don't go back to the percs you can and will make it out of this..diamonds are made under y tremendous pressure..stay strong..i saw a few posts up someone recommended leg creams i would give them a fair shot.