Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nkoeing
Day 15 no sub (let there be light)
    Nkoeing is offline New Member

Default Day 15 no sub (let there be light)

I had been on 4 mg of suboxone for almost 4 years and had started reducing my dose about a year ago knowing some day i needed to make the jump. I made it down to 1mg a day about 5 months ago but was always terrified of making the jump with work full time and almost a full load of classes every semester when would i ever find some time to do this. Then early january i got engaged to the love of my life and knew for us to be truly happy i would need to commit completly so this summer i knew this was the time. I got myself 10 days of work and took no summer courses and prepared to make the jump.

Days one and two were bearable but i could definitly begin to see it was not gunna be easy.
    Day 3-6 were very tough terrible mood terrible sleep (#rlssucks) i could barley eat because i had no energy to eat let alone make something. Luckily i made sure to make my girl well aware of what this process was going to take.
    Days 7-9 still huge mood swings but i could finally tell i was beginging to feel better not good by any means but better.
    Days 10-13 these days only kept getting better a little at a time but so looking to the possibilities of the future for my fiance and me.
    Day 14 good day back at work and afterwards had an awsome day doing engagement photos.
    Day 15 actually a bit of a back slide at work im a gardening expert and had a big job the day before and really felt very sore and tired but still going strong one day at a time.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

margro is offline New Member

Default following you

Quote Originally Posted by Nkoeing View Post
    I had been on 4 mg of suboxone for almost 4 years and had started reducing my dose about a year ago knowing some day i needed to make the jump. I made it down to 1mg a day about 5 months ago but was always terrified of making the jump with work full time and almost a full load of classes every semester when would i ever find some time to do this. Then early january i got engaged to the love of my life and knew for us to be truly happy i would need to commit completly so this summer i knew this was the time. I got myself 10 days of work and took no summer courses and prepared to make the jump.

Days one and two were bearable but i could definitly begin to see it was not gunna be easy.
    Day 3-6 were very tough terrible mood terrible sleep (#rlssucks) i could barley eat because i had no energy to eat let alone make something. Luckily i made sure to make my girl well aware of what this process was going to take.
    Days 7-9 still huge mood swings but i could finally tell i was beginging to feel better not good by any means but better.
    Days 10-13 these days only kept getting better a little at a time but so looking to the possibilities of the future for my fiance and me.
    Day 14 good day back at work and afterwards had an awsome day doing engagement photos.
    Day 15 actually a bit of a back slide at work im a gardening expert and had a big job the day before and really felt very sore and tired but still going strong one day at a time.
    Hi Nkoeing!
    Looks like i'm couple days behind. Just passing day 11 of WD cold turkey although I tapered in last 3 mths from 24mgs/day for 2 years to 4.. Insomnia is killing me. This is my first WD from bupe, so i was little worried what to expect. Comparing to countless WD from H in 20+ yrs junkie career, last 11 days were play in the park. Just feeling little irritated with diarrhea and fatigue. Wondering how long will have to endure this. Otherways I'm functional. It's just Groundhog Day over and over of 6th day of H WD. Anyway, stay strong and positive.
    All the best to you and all others who are embracing the change!

Hey margro. I guess i should add a bit about my previous use. I was doing any H and oxy i could get my hands on that lasted about 5 or 6 years. Luckily i was blessed with an opportunity to move to a new state far away from my troubles. Thats when i started "recovery" the first time and was perscribed suboxone to help my withdrawl and began outpatient maintenance. I didnt think it would soon be 4 years of just being ok. I held work started school again and everything was great but i knew if i ever wanted to be free i would need to get off this stuff. So people have a bit more back story

still going strong and trying to stay positive. I never would have thought this process would be so slow since day 12 or 13 i feel like its been some ups and downs. in the morning i feel ok after ive had some sleep then ill start to downslide alot of anxiety then my mood will go up. Luckily my fiance is truely amazing anytime im around her she really cheers me up. yesterday we went to church and then a wedding and had a really good time with her but still wasnt very wanting to deal with anyone else really.

We just need to keep going one day at a time margro. I am so excited for my future free of any chains. We can do this!!!

Thumbs up

Right said...
    It might be funny to tell but I'm grateful for 2 yrs of bupe. It gave me time to collect any psychological strength I had left. Enabled to stabilise, otherwise cravings would took me long gone by now. Now it's easier to cope with anxiety and mood swings, Nevermind, I'm glad you walk your path as I walk mine. What's enough is enough. Would be dead 2 years ago. So now is the time for change. Started to go on NA meetings today after years. I'll take any support I can. I feel like already have won. First battles in long years that I can claim victory. So stay strong and endure, I sure will. With or without good night sleep. And one more sober day is behind me.

Forgot to tell you that I'm in Europe, so here is almost 01 AM, and far up north are white nights,almost like polar day. One more tiny thing that have to cope with... Natural confusion of time, along with chemical in my head..

Ya that would be hard to cope with. I really cant imagine how strange that would be. Though its been over 100 degrees F everyday since i jumped. I try to go walk and exercise and makes you feel so drained. that mixed with fatigue is really rough.

Im gunna go find some meetings this week probably. There is only one NA meeting a week though near me. So i need to find an AA probably too.