Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Day 2 of Withdrawls from Oxycodone
    geez_again is offline Junior Member

it's ok, you gotta hang in there.... it's a roller coaster. Maybe the crying spells will get some of the anxious feelings out of ur system? Keep on posting. it's late, gotta hit the hay, Hope ur sleeping, will chat tomorrow. You're doing great even though you don't feel it.

OnTheWay is offline Junior Member

Well, made it from 10:30-4:30am.
    I'll order what I don't have from amazon today priority.
    Took Alene and .50 xanax. Gonna try to go back to sleep for a few hours. Stupid nose is stopped up making breathing hard. Headache as usual. Based off hours since last dose I am moving toward day 4 in a few hours. So, I imagine most if not all product is out of my system. There is a difference between how you feel when it is leaving your system and how you feel when it's completely gone. It's a bad empty, panicky feeling.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheWay View Post
    Well, made it from 10:30-4:30am.
    I'll order what I don't have from amazon today priority.
    Took Alene and .50 xanax. Gonna try to go back to sleep for a few hours. Stupid nose is stopped up making breathing hard. Headache as usual. Based off hours since last dose I am moving toward day 4 in a few hours. So, I imagine most if not all product is out of my system. There is a difference between how you feel when it is leaving your system and how you feel when it's completely gone. It's a bad empty, panicky feeling.
    Day 4....Nice!! You should be through the the worst Very Soon.....But be prepared for the lingering effects.....choppy sleep.....little stomach issues....that come and go......and of course ..lastly....Energy!! But....Congrats OTW....You are doing Great!! Today is My Day 18....So I've got a couple weeks on you.....but Days 5 thru 10 are certainly better than 1 through 5.....And at Day 18....I feel pretty good....Most of the time....Still have all those lingering issues, but much better than say.....Day 8.....Something for You to look forward to!! You are Rock'in this....Keep posting.....Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Day 4....Nice!! You should be through the the worst Very Soon.....But be prepared for the lingering effects.....choppy sleep.....little stomach issues....that come and go......and of course ..lastly....Energy!! But....Congrats OTW....You are doing Great!! Today is My Day 18....So I've got a couple weeks on you.....but Days 5 thru 10 are certainly better than 1 through 5.....And at Day 18....I feel pretty good....Most of the time....Still have all those lingering issues, but much better than say.....Day 8.....Something for You to look forward to!! You are Rock'in this....Keep posting.....Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!
    Thanks Man. Wish I was on day 180. LOL

Right now just tired and still have chest tightness (almost like heartburn) and some anxiety, but not enough to take anything for and get even more sleepy.

More anxiety and crying spells. Heart racing. Has anyone found anything for the heart beating fast other than clonidine or propanolol?

Sorry for so many posts. Question. Is the tightness in my chest and stomach anxiety or craving. What is the craving like down the road in terms of the sensation? The only reason I’d crave right now is to get rid of the sickness, not to get high. But, when the physical stuff is gone is what I’m asking.

Hey OTW....I here You Loud and clear about cravings....Not to get high....but to just feel ok?? I mean that's pretty much all I was doing with My using suboxone!! But same w/d's when there gone!! Anyway....to answer Your ??? ..The cravings for Me come and go, once the physical stuff is gone!! I would say....after Your clean for a few months......You will experience cravings once or twice a day....but they don't last!! Someone told me once....when they come....just really work on thinking of how Proud you are to be where your at..."Beating The Beast"!!...and it will pass!! I would also suggest meetings...NA....or even an AA meeting …..They are very helpful to Me....and I had gotten too busy, and wasn't going very much anymore back when I relapsed...AGAIN!! Go Figure.... Hope you start feeling better sooner than later.....Your getting through the worst right NOW.....in My opinion!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Sorry for so many posts. Question. Is the tightness in my chest and stomach anxiety or craving. What is the craving like down the road in terms of the sensation? The only reason I’d crave right now is to get rid of the sickness, not to get high. But, when the physical stuff is gone is what I’m asking.

Stay the course, it will get better, I promise!

A lot of your physical symptoms will be letting up within the next day or two? The cravings will become less and less as more clean time passes!

You didn't say what amino acids you have gotten so far or if you are taking any of them? DLPA specifically can help with the depression and anxiety! You'll want to take between 2000mg - 3000mg/day during the acute phase of withdrawal. You can start backing the dose down after a few weeks. Make sure you are taking the amino acids on an empty stomach!

Are you staying hydrated? You should be drinking lots of water and Gatorade as well!

Lastly, stay off the pills for good, let this be your one and only detox! Don't be like a lot of us who have relapsed time and time again! A lot of times we'll tell ourselves that we can take one pill here and there and keep it under control but it never works out that way and before you know it you'll be right back into full blown addiction!

Hang in there, like I said it will get better, it just takes time! Take care... God bless us all!
    davepeerson likes this.

I could not imagine going through this again. I have no words as to how miserable I am. Mentally and physically. Yeah plenty of water and Gatorade. Going to pee every ten minutes it seems. The clonidine etc has a lot of dry mouth.

I could not imagine going through this again. I have no words as to how miserable I am. Mentally and physically. Yeah plenty of water and Gatorade. Going to pee every ten minutes it seems. The clonidine etc has a lot of dry mouth.

OnTheWay, yeah, well that's what I said too but here I am in full blown relapse! You still haven't answered my questions as to what aminos you have gotten already so far and if you are taking any of them? I can't help you with the supplementation if I don't know what you have, what you are still planning on getting, and how much you are currently taking? The supplementation can make a good amount of difference in how you're feeling and your overall recovery time!

By the way, how much clonidine have you been taking? It seems odd that you are experiencing a fast heartbeat and a lot of anxiety because the clonidine all though used "off label" for opiate withdrawal should be reducing your heart rate and anxiety? Update with those answers to my questions, maybe I'll have some answers that will help you out some more? Stay strong, you can do this! God bless us all!
    davepeerson likes this.

Ok, 91 hours in. Felt WAY better this morning. Took 10mg propranolol an hour before my ambien last night and slept until 6. Went to bed at 9 or so feeling bad and irritable and mad. Woke up this morning with HUGE improvement until now at 11 am. Dizzy, nauseous, some anxiety. I am glad to FINALLY see some improvement, but I will need to get WAY better to be able to function at work.

I want to make a detailed diary of each day because I looked all over the forums and only found 1-3 people using as little as I was and could not find any details of the timeline. One odd thing is ZERO diarrhea. I took a laxative as a matter of fact this morning. I know that is the exception to the rule, but a bowel movement of substance would make me feel way better and probably ease my headache.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-07-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    geez_again likes this.

officially day 5 and I am craving so bad. Massive headache. This sucks

7:00 pm. Horrible headache and anxiety attack. Xanax and 5 mg propranolol. Advil. Crying like a baby. Have never been in this much pain in my life. Had a good morning, but since this afternoon it is the worst it's been. Praying continuously. Wife is with me.
    davepeerson likes this.

Hey OTW....Hang in there Buddy....I'm glad your wife is with you, and supporting you....That's HUGE!! I'm just sorry that your feeling So Bad......Hopefully You should be getting through the worst of it SOON!!! That being said....I know it HURTS!! But it's also a Mind Thing.....You can Be Stronger Than the "BEAST"!! I will be praying for You!! Keep fighting the Fight!! You CAN do this!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    OnTheWay, yeah, well that's what I said too but here I am in full blown relapse! You still haven't answered my questions as to what aminos you have gotten already so far and if you are taking any of them? I can't help you with the supplementation if I don't know what you have, what you are still planning on getting, and how much you are currently taking? The supplementation can make a good amount of difference in how you're feeling and your overall recovery time!

By the way, how much clonidine have you been taking? It seems odd that you are experiencing a fast heartbeat and a lot of anxiety because the clonidine all though used "off label" for opiate withdrawal should be reducing your heart rate and anxiety? Update with those answers to my questions, maybe I'll have some answers that will help you out some more? Stay strong, you can do this! God bless us all!

I can see that you are going through a rough time, it will pass soon!

I am curious as to why you haven't answered any of the specific questions that I myself and other members have asked you throughout this thread? If you were to go back and read from your very first post to now you'll see a dozen plus questions that you never addressed? These questions are asked in order to better help you yet it seems like you don't want to answer those questions for whatever reason? You could be receiving so much more help than you are! But it's your choice? Best of luck to you! God bless us all!

geez_again is offline Junior Member

7:00 pm. Horrible headache and anxiety attack. Xanax and 5 mg propranolol. Advil. Crying like a baby. Have never been in this much pain in my life. Had a good morning, but since this afternoon it is the worst it's been. Praying continuously. Wife is with me.
    Hang in there on the way, It's tough. Very tough but I think u may just beginning to reach the peak and then it'll get better. Off n on, like the waves. You had a good morning so it's proof there's light at the end of tunnel. Just keep on moving forward, it's gonna get better. So happy you have your wife, that's amazing! I wish I had more to offer at this moment but all I can say is keep strong and this will pass! u can do this and better yet, you never have to go through this again as long as you continue stepping forward. Hope your sleeping and wake up feeling better..... I think u will!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    I can see that you are going through a rough time, it will pass soon!

I am curious as to why you haven't answered any of the specific questions that I myself and other members have asked you throughout this thread? If you were to go back and read from your very first post to now you'll see a dozen plus questions that you never addressed? These questions are asked in order to better help you yet it seems like you don't want to answer those questions for whatever reason? You could be receiving so much more help than you are! But it's your choice? Best of luck to you! God bless us all!

I will get to the vitamins when I can.

Slept all night. The bad part about when the physical symptoms subside (they do come back in waves off and on now), is that you are genuinely faced with the cravings. The physical pain does a good job of masking the mental cravings. This afternoon will start Day 6. I should be mostly through the physical. Gonna have to be weather my body wants to or not, because I catch a flight at 6am Tuesday

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello OTW...
    Keep up the good work. This too shall pass... I posted to you earlier asking what all meds you are taking? You replied.,Taking Tylenol and Advil. Zofran and .25 xanax
    You have mentioned ambien clonidine and few others?? Im in no way passing judgement here just sharing my experience strength and hope with you and others reading. Taking all these medications as needed... Self medicating is addict behaviors and why I'm saying this is I know I'm an addict. Im asking this because what is your plan moving forward? Keep posting we are all here to support you....
    davepeerson likes this.

I listed all I was on but I must have posted something I shouldn’t have as it did not post.

Stomach has been the issue today. Burning. In stomach and chest. Anxiety kicked in around noon.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello OTW...
    Everything you are feeling and going through is all normal part of the process. Stay hydrated try to eat healthy. Stay away from caffeine energy drinks sugar etc. Get up get some excersise keep your mind active... Keep posting we are all here to support you...

Well, technically Day 6 just started. Mild headache, mild anxiety (took a little Xanax), and ZERO energy. Jeez, I feel like I took a ton of valium or something (never had it so..). And, my nerves are on edge. When I move my eyes around, my nerves radiate down my back. That being said, I am nowhere near as bad as I was a day or two ago
    davepeerson likes this.

Keep fighting OTW!! I'm about 14 days ahead of you......I can tell you for Me.....When I was back on Day 6...7....8....My worst symptom's were....sleep....stomach......and I would feel ok with energy until mid afternoon.....then Wham....Like hitting a brick wall......That gets better.....I can't exactly say when....but it DOES!! I also Made myself get some exercise most days..….It Is Hard to get Myself to the gym or pool.....but it is Sooo Helpful!! Now....on day 20....My stomach has calmed down somewhat....sleep.....still not Real Good....( but for Me ….That's pretty normal..??)….and then there is that Energy......It's better....But I'm Optimistic it will getting better every day...from here on!! Don't get Me wrong....We are not out of the woods at only 20 days......I'm just letting you know....Day 20 will feel much better than 6!! That being said......Congrats on Day 6.....You ARE through the worst of it!! Just know.....even for Me at 20 Days.....There will be good ones.....and still some bad ones.....just Not AS bad!! Hang in there My friend!! You are going to get Your Passion Back for this thing called.....LIFE!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Keep fighting OTW!! I'm about 14 days ahead of you......I can tell you for Me.....When I was back on Day 6...7....8....My worst symptom's were....sleep....stomach......and I would feel ok with energy until mid afternoon.....then Wham....Like hitting a brick wall......That gets better.....I can't exactly say when....but it DOES!! I also Made myself get some exercise most days..….It Is Hard to get Myself to the gym or pool.....but it is Sooo Helpful!! Now....on day 20....My stomach has calmed down somewhat....sleep.....still not Real Good....( but for Me ….That's pretty normal..??)….and then there is that Energy......It's better....But I'm Optimistic it will getting better every day...from here on!! Don't get Me wrong....We are not out of the woods at only 20 days......I'm just letting you know....Day 20 will feel much better than 6!! That being said......Congrats on Day 6.....You ARE through the worst of it!! Just know.....even for Me at 20 Days.....There will be good ones.....and still some bad ones.....just Not AS bad!! Hang in there My friend!! You are going to get Your Passion Back for this thing called.....LIFE!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!!
    Thanks Dave. The real test will be sitting on an airplane for two hours in the morning. Yuck

Made it through the day. But at the airport now and want to throw up. Day 7 started an hour ago.
    davepeerson likes this.

Made it through the day. But at the airport now and want to throw up. Day 7 started an hour ago.
    I don't remember where you are heading....( at the airport )?? I guess I could read..?? Anyway OTW....hand in there My Friend!! You are getting it DONE!! I know it hurts.....sometimes a lot.....sometimes not so much......That's what YOU have to look forward too.....The .."Not So Much".....I know it's still gonna be a challenge.....Heck....I'm on Day 21, and it's still slow going...But MUCH better than where you are Now.....keep thinking that You are Winning!!! You are doing what Many Cannot......As days pile up.....the better it gets!! Nice Job My Friend! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!!

Made it home late last night. I an fatigued today and my stomach burns like hell. However, a lot of that could be from all the medication I take to deal with this and not eating enough. I am beginning to think it has nothing to do with withdrawls.

Could be a little of Both....OTW??...I'm still having some stomach issues on Day 22 myself! Nothing like the first couple weeks....but still quezzy!!! My main deal is not being able to sleep as much as I would like......and in turn lack of energy.....but that too....on most days is better!! Oh....I still have symptoms.....and take a step back now and then.....but Many more Good Days are starting to happen, which is Good because I return to work on Friday....My Day 24!! You should be on Day 8?? Congrats My Friend......You should start having some decent days soon......very soon!! Your Doing Great!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!.

NOt too bad today except serious GI issues and heartburn. Again, I think it is due to all the pain meds and clonidine etc I am having to take daily. I may be able to cut back on all of that starting today.
    davepeerson likes this.

Well. Day whatever and I have anxiety and tight chest still. My heart beats so hard at night that I can’t go to sleep. However, I have been taking Afrin twice a day for a few months and have read that could be the cause of the heart palpitations and additional anxiety. Threw the bottle away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast